Video: It wasn’t just Pelosi

posted at 2:15 pm on May 8, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Nancy Pelosi isn’t alone in her lies and hypocrisy, according to Jim Angle at Fox News. The leaked CIA minutes of Congressional briefings on enhanced-interrogation techniques — more than 40 of them — show that leaders of both parties and members of the committees on intelligence got specifically and explicitly briefed on Abu Zubaydah’s waterboarding and other procedures used on high-value al-Qaeda detainees:

The leak clearly shows that some in the CIA have resolved not to take the heat for waterboarding all by themselves, and shows what a miscalculation Obama made by releasing the legal memos. Until that time, the CIA appeared content to let people talk about Bush-era tactics in academic terms, especially since the agency had dropped the procedures in question several years earlier. After the release of the OLC memos prompted talk of prosecutions, that all changed, and now Obama knows how Bush felt when the CIA decided to leak damaging information to the press.

We can expect this topic to die a quiet death in the next few days. Obama already hit reverse after his selective release when it became apparent that he’d opened Pandora’s Box and exposed Democratic leadership to the issue. If Dick Cheney gets his way and wins approval for the release of the information gleaned from Zubaydah and KSM, it’s going to make it an even worse political setback for the White House.

Comments

Pelosi is a liar. Pelosi is a liar. Pelosi is a liar.

But the American people could care less. She is a liberal Democrat and the American people have decided that thye are righ and Republicans are wrong. So it doesn’t matter that Pelosi is a liar.

afotia on May 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Obama’s brilliant move to go to war with the CIA will plague him for the rest of his short term. The CIA f**ks with people for a living…

Wyznowski on May 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

LMAO… Obunghole.

Too funny!

Key West Reader on May 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Our CIA kicks butt and that His ‘egg-shells for balls’ POtuS wanted to take them on just further shows his arrogance and stupidity.

Obama: 0
CIA: 1

gatorboy on May 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Please, please, please…

Bruno Strozek on May 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Obama will bury it once the CIA threatens to release his REAL birth certificate….

…sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

AverageJoe on May 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Don’t mess with Joe Dick.

bloggless on May 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I love Fox News. Fair and Balanced. Got it? “both Parties”. LOL!

bloggless on May 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

political setback for the White House

When you own the press… there is no such thing.

They’ll just move on (pun intended).

mankai on May 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM

40 briefings. Pelosi was only 8 years old?

She is setting herself up be totally accepted as dishonest. If she says something, people will know it isn’t true.. Her supporters don’t seem bothered at all.

Supporters means all the dems in the House that are loyal to her antics.

seven on May 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM

……”That’s not the CIA I knew.” -B. Hussein Obama.

……In other news, the obama girls get a surprise gift, a pet camel from the saudi king that daddy bowed to.

HornetSting on May 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM

That was a bow correct?

heshtesh on May 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Obama: 0
CIA: 1

gatorboy on May 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Make it
CIA: 2

After all, they practice in W. first. I’ll bet he is laughing now.

El Coqui on May 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

i love dick cheney.

everyone knows that pelosi galore is a liar & no one except us cares.

the CIA may say they are demoralized, but there are some out there who are too secret to have morals. they are the ones loyal to dick cheney.

yes, i love dick cheney.

kelley in virginia on May 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

my post doesn’t have to make sense.

i just love that dick cheney.

kelley in virginia on May 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Popcorn…Check.
Edge of my seat…Check.
Big smile as Pelosi and Obama get b-slapped by the CIA…Check.

Claypigeon on May 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Liar, liar,
Pants on Fire!
We’ll hang your butt,
From a telephone wire!

(OK, I had to go back a LONG time to remember that one:)

DL13 on May 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM

The “CLOSE GUANTANIMO” (but what do we do with them) AND “STOP TORTURE” (but it saved innocent American lives) is going to make the libs’ heads explode. Well, with any luck.

marklmail on May 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM

This is a real problem. Bush/Cheney and all the neocons are deeply and truly evil. They are members of a vast world-wide conspiracy to deprive children of food and women of “health care”. Their only interests were advancing the financial interests of their friends in the oil business. They, in their desire to hurt people of color, oked torture and imprisonment of innocent non-combatants who could easily be sheep herders. Obama, the light of the world, who is deeply good, supports “health care” for women and wants to feed all the hungry of the world and buy them big screen TVs just wants to close down the prisons holding the oppressed and end the torture because “it doesn’t work”. Now, we find out that part of the good team was at least tacitly in favor of the “torture” and that no one wants to take a chance on the sheep herders. But it’s all going to be OK because the media is gonna fix it for him–they too are good and just want to help people.

Haunches on May 8, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I don’t like leaks but what goes around, comes around. I’d prefer that the whistle blower would come forward but with all of the full time backstabbers in government and especially with a “backstabber in chief” running the whole show, I guess you have to leak.

Vince on May 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Watching the CIA and the Democrats go after each other is sort of like watching two suspects turn on each other during police grilling.

It was his idea. I was just driving the car.

Terrye on May 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Pelosi is a liar! Not only that she is an assclown! Where is the OUTRAGE!!!

Frances on May 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Didn’t Pelosi torpedo Hilldabeast so she could “handle” Obama who was perceived as the more pliable? Well, well, well, be careful what you wish for….

Poor ugly queen bee, nobody falling on their sword for you?

InTheBellyoftheBeast on May 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I know when I’m briefed 40 times about something, I tend to forget also.

Hell, I’m 39, and I still forget how to tie my shoes.

madmonkphotog on May 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Oh, yeah, I remember this *uck. He coordinated his Intelligence committee hearings to achieve MAXIMUM damage to the Bush administration during the very EARLY OIF period. It was a leak. Rockefeller is a total partisan puke. I remember those times completely. The Democrats had an actual GAME PLAN for undercutting the president in time of war — it was actually spelled out in a Rockerfeller memo to the rest of the anti-American pukes. It was a real wakeup call to me, I gotta tell you. I had no idea of the DEPTH of the hardcore liberal perogative. I’ve never looked at “Jay” & Co., quite the same. He absolutely creeps me out. Seems so long ago, and, yet, here we are. I am so frightened because I know that nobody keeps score on this crap. God help America from the likes of Jay Rockfeller.

argos on May 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I think Rockefeller was the NYT’s source for most if not all of the articles they wrote during the Bush admin that revealed serious national security programs.

Why the Bush admin was too lame to ever pursue him for doing so I simply cannot fathom. Bush appointed a special prosecutor to trash Dick Cheney’s staff over the Valerie Plame affair, but never gave a damn about the source of actual damaging information.

funky chicken on May 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Very good point. But, then, Bush also never pardoned Scooter Libby, either (only clemency). Bush also let Ramos and Compean rot in prison for two years or so. Bush also permitted a virtual legal purge to be conducted against our combat troops for years in the guise of egregiously overzealous prosecutions for alleged “atrocities” committed in the war zone against an enemy that knows NO RULES. (Atlas Shrugs has a jihadist video collection showing US soldier after US soldier being picked off by enemy snipers: That video should be mandatory viewing for anyone criticizing the conduct of our troops in the war zone.) Bush was a liberal globalist who preferred going after patriots to prosecuting leftist criminals: He only seems conservative and nationalist in retrospect in comparison to the current insanity.

sanantonian on May 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM

PELOSI PREVARICATED, FREEDOM-FIGHTERS WERE SATURATED

Jim Treacher on May 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Wyznowski on May 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Exactly…some ticked off, or patriotic operative, will eventually leak something sensitive on Der Messiah. That’s the way paybacks work! I hope it’s Barry Soetoro’s, real birth certificate!

byteshredder on May 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM