Campaign to destroy Miss California somehow turns even nastier

posted at 5:00 pm on May 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

Time for ye olde airing of the family dirty laundry in the guise of armchair psychoanalysis. I’m surprised it took this long. Usually the very first bit of mud to be thrown at a conservative critical of gays is the charge that they’re gay themselves and are channeling their denial into “hate.” That line of attack got postponed in this case thanks to the eagerness of pageant sources to whisper about her implants and the ready supply of topless photos, but now at last it’s time. With a twist: It’s not Prejean herself who’s being called a closet case but dad. Classy.

Carrie’s parents filed for divorce in 1988 and the divorce and custody fights went on for more than a decade — it was a divorce filled with homosexual allegations hurled by both sides.

In one of the docs, Carrie’s dad describes a confrontation he had with her mom in 1996, in which he recounts an argument in a restaurant parking lot, where “Ms. Prejean accused me, in front of our daughter, of homosexuality.”…

Carrie’s mom says the “gay” allegations went both ways. In court papers dated May 16, 2000, a report from the court-appointed counselor says “The mother also alleges the father told the girls their stepfather was gay, that all men with mustaches are gay.” The father’s response: “The father acknowledges talking with the girls about the stepfather’s brother being gay, not the stepfather.”

Good sports that they are, TMZ elected not to publish certain other “absolutely hideous” accusations from the divorce papers but felt obliged to note that they exist so that you might imagine how mentally damaged Prejean — and, by extension, all opponents of gay marriage — must be. Note the title of the post, too: “The Origin of Homophobia.” Click here to see how “homophobic” she is in reality. Tolerance indeed.

Comments

A. Since when has showing a bare back been considered topless?
B. Miss Prejean is being attacked for giving an honest answer.
C. The gay community also needs to stop scaring the horses.

darktood on May 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

The contracts for these beauty contests are strict, you cannot take your clothes off and pose for these kind of pictures, and if you have – you must tell them.

Now let me understand this – you guys suddenly want us to believe that a contract doesn’t matter?

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM

lets see our spokesperson Ms. California..their spokes’person’ Jeanine (barf) Garafolo…

ever notice that liberal ‘women’ (if we can use that term) are ugly as hell???

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Means nothing – has nothing to do with the contract part of the arguement. Forget the childish silliness and suggestion of us and them, it doesn’t matter. She signed a contract to abide by the rules.

And it’s very doubtful Garofalo would ever sign a contract or gain entry to a beauty contest anytime soon.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Give it a rest with your lame excuses about “it was in her contract and they are so strict” and the rest of the crapola you’re spewing.

Your dear leader and his administration is doing everything in its power to undermine the meaning and validity of contracts, so your reasoning doesn’t hold water.

Knucklehead on May 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM

So do you know the content of the contract she signed? Also, remember the other Miss USA who did cocaine and made out with the teen Miss USA – yet was forgiven and retained her crown?

foxforce91 on May 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM

ObamaZombies are good at missing the point. As one of “you guys,” I don’t care if they take her crown away. The crown is fluff. Prejean has become a symbol for free speech in the face of the intolerant Left. That’s why their attack dogs are foaming at the mouth.

To paraphrase Braveheart: You can take her crown but you cannot take her freedom.

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I have the feeling that the organizers would hold her to a VERY STRICT reading of the contract…for some reason….

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Knucklehead on May 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Who’s my leader? I am a Republican, again another new poster with the assume problem.

And what does Obama’s administration have to do with a beauty contest owned by Donald Trump??? You can’t be serious, LOLOLOLOL.

No matter how you spin it wingnut – she signed a contract, period – and may be in violation of said contract based on the tittie pics.

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

More of the same – another newbie who knows nothing about us older posters. I never voted for Obama or a democrat in my life, check your facts, had you been here during the election and midterms you would know what you were taking about.

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 10:59 AM

The people involved in these silly contests take it all very seriously, remember Tara, who Trump sent to rehab and the other one who lost her crown when pics of her surfaced?

This is nothing new. Remember Vanessa Williams??

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM

E! “News” and MSNBC are definitely trying real hard to bring this woman down. Tamryn Hall yesterday, was hysterical about the semantics of a topless or nude photo. Nude? Yeah right, I consider it nude when you can see the goods. Thats not even semi-nude as far as I’m concerned.

bombos on May 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Wrong. Those pics would have surfaced eventuallly, remember – in most cases the truth will set you free, honesty is the best policy.

She should have been honest about the pictures from the get go, regardless about the gay marriage question.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Who knows what the “rumor mill” will produce to destroy a beautiful conservative woman!

But if these allegations are true, it’s a tribute to Carrie Prejean’s own determination and will that withstood all this nonsense and turned out as well as she did.

Steve Z on May 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM

bombos on May 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Beauty contests are the most conservative venue going – look at the women who have competed over the years – Sarah Palin, Anita Bryant, Gretchen Carlson, Lauren Green, Kathie Lee Gifford. These contests have always required everyone sign these strict contracts and follow the rules, which usually forbid nude photos.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Steve Z on May 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I don’t know about a rumor mill – she admitted the photos were of her and that she failed to mention them on her initial contract.

These are the facts, she is not disbuting them.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Forgive me, AprilOrit, for mistaking you for an Obamacrat. Your “you guys” comment did have that ring to it.

I agree that honesty is the best policy, but if Miss Prejean was less than forthcoming about her past, that does not mean that she can’t continue to be a symbol for free expression.

The fact that you are an “older poster” doesn’t make you automatically right in your opinions. Remember that before you pronounce someone “wrong.”

I predict that she will be around for a long time and not fade away like Joe the Plumber. We shall see in due time.

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

If a predictive model explains both a condition and its contradiction, it isn’t much use.

America will eventually be browbeaten into homosexual marriage. Divorce lawyers will be very, very rich, and what’s left of our culture will sicken and decay into irrelevance. At that point, we won’t be able to fight off any kind of virulent idea. Balkanization and repression await.

Good times.

spmat on May 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM

A liberal Hollywood personality gets hooked on drugs and goes into rehab: He is honored for his courage.
Rush gets hooked on perscription medication and they try to crucify him.
Vanessa Williams gets stripped of her Miss America Crown for posing for Penthouse and the liberals rally around her.
Carrie Prejean states an honest, politically incorrect opinion (very respectfully) and they crucify her. They find pictures of her in underware that show less than the required bikini competition and somehow it violates the rules. Now they are digging up dirt on her parents.

Joe the plumber asks one question and state officials do an illegal background check on him.

The message: Don’t cross a liberal.
Liberals: Perfecting the abuse of power.

The Rock on May 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM

This is nothing new. Remember Vanessa Williams??

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM

right, if she was a pro-gay wacko she would be held to a FAR different standard, and we all know it…

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I’m sorry I sounded so nasty, I voted for McCain, when I get accused of voting or supporting Obama it pisses me off, and it has happened allot.

I agree with you whole hartedly about the free expression and I believe what Perez Hilton did was disgusting.

I just wish she wouldn’t have lied on her application. I’m dissappointed that this has now become another I told you so with the mainstream media and her opponents.

I would have preferred a clean slate, i.e., where nobody was able to add more fuel to the bonfire against this girl.

Who cares about the Troll Garofolo was my point, she doesn’t matter. She’s a beast and could haunt houses on the side for extra income. God knows she isn’t entering into any pagents or contests accept maybe around Oct 31.

I am just dissappointed about these pictures surfacing, only because it’s insult upon injury and adds to their arguement that she is another phony Conservative.

Now I thought these pics were taken before she had been saved, but you know how these people are.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I didn’t think these photos were full nudity..do they even show her boobs??

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

The Rock on May 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Great comment. And don’t count on so-called moderate Republicans for support.

As a matter of fact, don’t count on any Republicans for support.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM

We should rid the Republican Party of imperfect people.

Stonings anyone?

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I didn’t think these photos were full nudity..do they even show her boobs??

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I’m sure those contracts mention partial nudity as well. They do not show her boobs but they are suggestive, which I believe is prbably a no no.

Those contests hold these girls up tp role model proportions, which many have had issue with.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM
We should rid the Republican Party of imperfect people.

Stonings anyone?

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Ahhh, you obviously missed what I wrote. I said –

I thought these pictures were taken before she was saved or you could say imperfect.

I thought they were taken before she joined the Church and became born again.

But contracts are contracts.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Stonings anyone?

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I know quite a bit about stoning – I have been a victim of it here for my Moderate beliefs and my support of John McCain.

What do you want to know about it?

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

AprilOrit

I understand. But realistically, the left’s haters would attack a more perfect conservative with as much–if not more–vigor. Whoever their target, they will play dirty. That’s who they are. Carrie Prejean still looks clean against that lot.

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

RandyChandler on May 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I agree but I would hate to see her lose her crown because of a contract violation.

That’s the sad part.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Actually, my comment was about you in general always claiming you are such a moderate Republican and then kicking some poor Conservative while they’re down. Quite frankly, I only ever read you bust on Conservatives. I can’t hardly remember a time with you showing up for a post where Palin was being savaged or quite frankly can’t remember you ever defending a Conservative.

Maybe I’m wrong. You really just really seem to go after your own party, if it really is your party.

Her pictures weren’t nude. It doesn’t matter what else you argue. The real point of the story is another Conservative was assassinated by the liberal media and the gay community and you seem to take a bit of sanctimonious joy out of it.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM

What do you want to know about it?

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

You’re funny. Please, tell me all about stonings.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I am not going to fight with you – as I said –

I would hate to see her lose her crown because of a contract violation.

That’s the sad part.

As for savaging Conservatives? Most of the savaging that happens here at Hot Air is usually done by Conservative either savaging Moderate Republicans or Allah Pundit, your blog host.

And quite frankly I can’t remember you ever defending a Moderate Republican, who is also your own Party.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

uh huh, and when they parade around in a bikini in the show its not???

come on…the fix was in on this show…to try to demonize her because she’s a christian…we can’t have THOSE people around…

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I would never defend a moderate republican…people like specter…not a chance.

I would rather they were hot or cold…(see revelation)

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I would never defend a moderate republican…people like specter…not a chance.

I would rather they were hot or cold…(see revelation)

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I am a jew, I do not read revelations.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

uh huh, and when they parade around in a bikini in the show its not???

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Whatever, you can believe as you chose.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Well, it’s hard to defend them while they’re normally attacking the Conservatives in the party. What, you want me to defend you for your point of view that I’m a knuckle-dragging “wingnut” (I know you love that word)and ruining the party. How many times have you said that in different ways. You set a standard no Republican can attain and seem to find no fault with liberals.

BTW, I was a Romney supporter but held my nose and vociferously defended and supported John McCain.

We don’t need to be more moderate. We don’t need to be more like liberals. We need to be more like the Conservatives of the Reagan era.

Now please tell me all about stonings.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I am a jew, I do not read revelations.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

this can applied to any situation…it talks about the neither hot nor cold…(ie moderates in this situation) they are spit out…kinda like specter…

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM

A beautiful woman, inside and out.

That’s one thing the liberals can’t stand, beauty within. Because those on the left know they only hold the dark, stench-ridden cess-pools of the deepest abyss within them.

It is a self-hate of the saddest kind.

Sterling Holobyte on May 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Whatever, you can believe as you chose.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM

why do you think she got that question, instead of ‘how will you work for world peace’???

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Hey, Hawk, glad to see you posting. You and your compatriots were in my prayers in the National Day of Prayer yesterday. And of course, today also. My wife and I set an alarm set at the same time every day to pray for our military and their families. Thanks again for your service — and good comments.
Regarding stonings: The woman caught in adultery:

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him [Jesus], he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Christian Conservative on May 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Liberals are bullies and like all bullies they are weaklings and cowards who will fold the instant they meet someone who will stand up to them.

AaronGuzman on May 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Christian Conservative on May 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Thanks CC. We appreciate it.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Hawk –
I attended the 12 Noon service in my town, also. You guys and gals were lifted up all over the country. It’s good to see you posting. This young lady’s popularity is driving a lot of left-leaning people crazy.

kingsjester on May 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

kingsjester on May 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Thanks to you too.

And you’re right, Prejean has more class in her little finger than most libs have in their whole body.

She seems to be hanging tough.

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Are there no intelligent, deliberative homosexual leaders out there who can speak up and reject this line of attack as damaging to homosexuals generally? Really is there even just one? Are the constant attacks on Prejean possibly going to marginalize the average person who is gay?
caygeon on May 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I am gay. This subject just needs to stop. Hilton is a nasty jerk with a foul mouth. I could not care less if both of her parents were gay or that her mom and dad had a messy divorce. The young woman is entitled to her opinion.
SC.Charlie on May 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I submit that an intelligent, deliberative and tolerant homosexual leader has been found. They are amongst us and speak fairly. They have families like most of us do. And they know when something truly evil comes along and feasts on good people……. because they are good people.

SC.Charlie is welcome in my house any day, as long as intolerance against reasonable people is fought and civilization is protected from intolerant people who seek to convert infidels,….. or kill them. Live and let live.

Subsunk

Subsunk on May 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM

But contracts are contracts.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Does that include contracts between businesses and their employees, and contracts(bonds) between lenders and businesses, or do they stop being contracts whenever the federal government decides on the personal whim of a Treasury Secretary to take over an industry or company? Or the Attorney General decides he sees some person criticizing the government in a way that he doesn’t like, so he intends to prosecute him.

Like his “Nibs” does everytime another bank, insurance group, car company, baseball team, or community organizing group puts its hand out for assistance? You obviously mean respect for that kind of contract, don’t you? Since a contract is a contract, you’d agree that the news ought to be reporting all the facts about the players involved in those deals also, wouldn’t you?

So where is the reporting?

Subsunk

Subsunk on May 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Pathetic

Sultry Beauty on May 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM

“… there is no king, be his cause never so spotless, can try it out with all unspotted soldiers.”

PackerBronco on May 8, 2009 at 6:12 PM

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM

You are not wrong my friend, you are 100% correct in what you’ve stated.

A troll, is a troll, is a troll, no matter how hard they try and hide it.

Stay safe and a shout out to all your buddies.

Knucklehead on May 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Subsunk on May 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM

It’s up to The Donald. Remember him? he’s the one that you all loved when he was kicking O’Donnell’s ass.

right4life on May 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Oh so now it’s a conspiracy theory based on the fact that Perez Hilton singled her out for being Christian? I’m not well enough to ride that flying carpet into Trutherland, life’s too short my friend.

A troll, is a troll, is a troll, no matter how hard they try and hide it.

Stay safe and a shout out to all your buddies.

Knucklehead on May 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Speak for yourself, speak for yourself.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:08 PM

hawkdriver on May 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM

They were partially nude, I saw them. It’s up to Trump, not you, period.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Hawkdriver! Pay attention! Be safe. Be smart. Be successful. My prayers for you and all in harms way devoting themselves to defending America. And tonight, especially for Limerick’s son and family.

Loxodonta on May 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM

They were partially nude, I saw them. It’s up to Trump, not you, period.

AprilOrit on May 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM

You keep going on about her being “”partially nude” when that had nothing whatsoever to do with why she was lynched, and lynched repeatedly, by Perez Hilton and his mob. Ditto with whatever her parents relationship is/was. It is like some after the fact attempt at a justification for a lynching. Her being “partially nude” in some picture wasn’t even dug up until after the lynching. I believe that you say you are Jewish, so, if anything, that kind of thing should be extra vile to you and not your own tactic.

MB4 on May 9, 2009 at 3:42 AM

MB4 on May 9, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Read my comments above for heaven sake. You, again are misunderstanding what I said.

I said I would have preferred that she had not lied on her contract. I do not condone what has happened to this girl.

Regardless of what anyone thinks the only opinion that will matter in the end is Trump’s – with regard to whether she will lose her crown or not.

Donald Trump will have the final say on whether it’s nudity or not and whether it is appropriate or not for his venue and if he feels she lied and violated her contract – not any of you here.

AprilOrit on May 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

AprilOrit on May 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

There you go again.
– Ronald Reagan

Still trying to divert focus to a single offshoot tree instead of the forest.

MB4 on May 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

There you go again.
– Ronald Reagan

Still trying to divert focus to a single offshoot tree instead of the forest.

MB4 on May 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM