Video: Conservative prodigy smacks Jeb Bush for anti-Reaganism

posted at 9:00 pm on May 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, this kid again. Here’s the million-dollar question: Does he understand what he’s saying or is he just doing some sort of superb mynah-bird impression of a conservative pundit in the Tucker Carlson mold? His forced small-talk cheeriness is on the cusp of parody. Is it some sort of bit, or has he — gasp — actually internalized this shtick? The poor, poor kid. Get him an Xbox and a Happy Meal, stat.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Christopher Buckley:

One of the oldest rules in politics is: If your opponent is committing suicide, don’t interfere. So were I in charge of the Republican Party, I would send out a coded text message saying: REMAIN CALM. SHUT UP. THIS IS GOING TO BLOW UP IN THEIR FACES.

The problem with this analysis is that the liberals are not committing suicide, they’re committing homicide. When this blows up in their faces, how much of our country will be left?

Loxodonta on May 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Oops! Wrong thread! Duh!!!!

Loxodonta on May 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM

This child makes your party look like a bunch of clowns.

So please continue to go to him for his worthless opinions.

Dave Rywall on May 4, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Hahahaha! Really?

Look at the guy the libs elected!

This kid could run circles around Obambi and his teleprompter.

Give me a break.

RedbonePro on May 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Hahahaha! Really?

Look at the guy the libs elected!

This kid could run circles around Obambi and his teleprompter.

Give me a break.

RedbonePro on May 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Age and experience don’t matter unless you are right of Obama’s Leftist world view.

Upstater85 on May 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

This kid creeps me out.

Terry Silver on May 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

This kid’s a twat. Whoever in the ‘movement’ is exploiting him, please DIAF.

Apologetic California on May 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I imagine a few ten thousand members of the teachers’ union licking their chops, just thinking what they could do to this boy if only he were in their classroom.

amkun on May 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM

This kid creeps me out.

Terry Silver on May 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

This kid’s a twat. Whoever in the ‘movement’ is exploiting him, please DIAF.

Apologetic California on May 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I bet you’re not too crazy about Palin either right?

Give me a break…

RedbonePro on May 5, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Hahahaha! Really?

Look at the guy the libs elected!

This kid could run circles around Obambi and his teleprompter.

Give me a break.

RedbonePro on May 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM
——-
Yes. By all means, keep believing that.
Has your Krohn poster arrived in the mail yet?
You must be so excited!

Dave Rywall on May 5, 2009 at 12:05 AM

amkun on May 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM

*snicker*

They could, uh, teach him how to use a condom?

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM

This kid’s a twat. Whoever in the ‘movement’ is exploiting him, please DIAF.

Apologetic California on May 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Keep the verbal assaults focused on Miss CA…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009

You are being naughty tonight.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM

You are being naughty tonight.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I don’t condone the word “twat” being used on teenagers – creepy or not.

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM

But you may have been referring to the other post… Yeah, that’s about all a unionized public school teacher would be willing to teach a student…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Were you this precocious?

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM

This kid is at least as qualified as B. Husein.

Borislav on May 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Were you this precocious?

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Didn’t go to a Public School.

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM

This kid is at least as qualified as B. Husein.

Borislav on May 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Barry is the Alpha and the O-my-watch-the-country-tank-a

So, no, the kid is more qualified.

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Yes. That fits. You have that home schooled feel to your posts.

Did you watch the whole clip? I find Jonathon’s facial expressions and hand movements highly distracting. I think he would benefit from being less physical.

I am still dying to know about Neil Cavuto and the Rind-Ding Machine. I think that deserves at least an Oprah and maybe a full fledge book. maybe Obama could give Cavuto some pointers for picking a ghost writer.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

This kid’s a twat. Whoever in the ‘movement’ is exploiting him, please DIAF.

Apologetic California on May 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Hmmmm….he’s really wants a radio show. Great – another one who can rant and rave but not have to be responsible for anything that comes out of his mouth while collecting that big paycheck.

He’s a typical wingnut in waiting.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Yes. That fits. You have that home schooled feel to your posts.

Yeah, I can be transparent at times.

I “watched” about half of it and listened to the rest. Yeah, I know what you mean. I think he’ll grow out of it.

Reverend Wright?

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM

He’s a typical wingnut in waiting.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Are you referring to the 14 year old boy?

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Are you referring to the 14 year old boy?

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:45 AM

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:45 AM

OK, figured.

Don’t worry, I’m sure Specter could “cure” him of his beliefs.

So April, if you disagree with someone, do you label them as a wing-nut? Doesn’t sound very “Bit Tentish” of you.

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Yeah, I can be transparent at times.

Do you wrap yourself in bandages and wear goggles to go to class?

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Do you wrap yourself in bandages and wear goggles to go to class?

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I swear I got questions almost like that.

Do you wear your pajamas to class?

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Sorry. I was referring to Claude Reins, The Invisible Man.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Wow April,

I’m so surprised at your comment above. You are usually so
tolerant of everyone’s opinion and come to the defense of
the underdog.
Very disappointing.

dragondrop on May 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Wow April,

I’m so surprised at your comment above. You are usually so
tolerant of everyone’s opinion and come to the defense of
the underdog.
Very disappointing.

dragondrop on May 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Open the tent to Specter and Ahnold, but kick out the kiddies…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Specter is an unprincipled opportunist. He was never a real Republican. Arnold might have been able to be in the tent, but caved in when he should have vetoed, again and again and again.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM

And yet we are encouraged to become more like these guys…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Wow April,

I’m so surprised at your comment above. You are usually so
tolerant of everyone’s opinion and come to the defense of
the underdog.
Very disappointing.

dragondrop on May 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Actually – I share Bill O’Reilly’s opinion about this – children do not belong in politics on either side of the aisle.

I’m sure that is why Bill has not exploited this kid like Hannity and the others.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I’m out, but have a great night/morning.

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Open the tent to Specter and Ahnold, but kick out the kiddies…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:05 AM

The same applies to Moonbats in training as well….

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM

And yet we are encouraged to become more like these guys…

Upstater85 on May 5, 2009 at 1:12 AM

By whom?

I’m a big tent conservative. But, I’m willing to make compromises on at least some of the cultural issues. I would prefer not to in most cases, but the country seems nearly equally split on so many of them. At the very least, I think the decibel level should be toned down, the flame wars ended, and they not be made “litmus tests.”

However, I cannot see compromising fiscal conservatism and a strong national defense.

Loxodonta on May 5, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Me thinks there are some here that were bullied in school, or considered themselves underachievers. I fall in both categories.

But I grew out of it.

It is so hard for me to get my 8 year old to understand what is going on with the world, I want him to watch Fox, ask me questions, so I can get him engaged into reality and not video games and McD’s.

I want to show him this vid so he becomes more confident in public, and my son can voice history even stronger and dig into other aspects of American history.

I believe that everybody is entitled to their opinion, First Amendment and all, but all grown ups bashing a kid for his continued evolution and speaking his own mind is what is creepy. Neil Cavuto will surely show his kids this clip, since during the tea party broadcast, he often talked about his kids misbehaving at the chance of merely attending the tea party.

Let him be! He will continue to find his own path as he grows older. We have to step back, and not involve him whatsoever in the affairs of the RNC/Conservatism until 18.

Unless, y’all want him to switch parties and then become a liberal. Then we all will eat crow and attack him even worse.

ProudPalinFan on May 5, 2009 at 1:24 AM

It’s fun watching this teenager get “the adults” all riled up. I hope he’s having a blast.

Christien on May 5, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Buckley re: AP?

Connie on May 5, 2009 at 1:30 AM

This kid creeps me out.

Terry Silver on May 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

And how! (me too)

kerrhome on May 5, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Sure is interesting how the trolls follow the Dem’s regular pattern of lashing out at conservatives that speak their mind.

Just like the venom spit at Palin, now we have commenters on this blog calling a 14-year old kid a “twat”.

Shameful, gutless, sub-human creeps.
I hope you all get pancreatic cancer.

Yes, I know it’s a sin.

connertown on May 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Sounds like a job for James Randi!

Shy Guy on May 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM

He could be a YouTube star, though.

But as a drummer, not a pundit.

skydaddy on May 5, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Smart kids that haven’t been brainwashed scare the heck out of libtards.
The mynah-bird impression are done by the children of libtards.

darktood on May 5, 2009 at 3:15 AM

My 14-year-old has the same abilty to articulate sincerely-held conservative values AND he has a deeper voice. But he looks like a sk8r/emo/metalhead kid. He’ll never make it on Fox. skydaddy on May 5, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Ahh got your hands full with that one! Congrats, you’ll never be bored! It’s better that way.

Fishoutofwater on May 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM

well, get ready for an 8 year Obama term. Putting friggin kids up there to speak for us is no sign of friggin strength. When was the last time that kid labored til his knuckles bled, huh?

johnnyU on May 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM

yeah, oooo, watch it he has an IPOD strapped to his chest. Do what he say…do what he say….

johnnyU on May 5, 2009 at 4:29 AM

He’s a typical wingnut in waiting.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Well, I am sure Air America would take him on, but their slot is full. You need to quit projecting Air America radio talkers onto this kid.

This kid could also sink Air America radio.

RobertInLexington on May 5, 2009 at 5:21 AM

When was the last time that kid labored til his knuckles bled, huh?

johnnyU on May 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM

When was the last time Obama’s did? How about Edwards? Ted Kennedy’s?

I wasn’t aware that to go to Ivy League school’s you had to have had bleeding knuckles from all the hard labor you performed.

RobertInLexington on May 5, 2009 at 5:24 AM

This kid, Meghan McCain….has the Republican party turned into a circus freak show?

albill on May 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM

The new faces of the gop, a kid who hasn’t reached puberty and Joe the Plumber who doesn’t want his kids near gays. What an awesome party, the gop, you can’t stop them, you can only slow them down. A ship without a rudder, a ship with the rats jumping off. Yes, the party of wingnuttia attempting to “re-brand” itself, good luck with that one. And Jeff Sessions as your chair for the Judiciary Commitee, a known racist. Go ask Karl Rove or Rush, they will tell you how to reach the promised land.

athensboy on May 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I don’t think that Jeb Bush uttered an anti-Reaganism. What Jeb was doing is saying that nostolgia alone won’t win future elections, and he is right. While crafting a conservative message is one part, it is only one part of what is to be done. Reagan won in 1984 with a conservative message, but he also had peace and prosperity on his side as an incumbent President; Clinton in 1996 without a conservative message won in 1996 when Clinton had prosperity and apparent peace on his side as an incumbent President.

Today, we face media bias way out of control, Leftist and Soros money funding left wing causes, educational institutions that are looney Left, ACORN operatives funded by federal tax dollars, a Democrat Party that is traitorous and deceitful and an American public that either never learned or has forgotten that socialism does not work. To overcome all that, nostalgic talking of conservatism like what Rush Limbaugh does will get you a 1964 result. Conservatives need to re-connect with the people at TEA parties and Town Hall meetings. That does not mean we abandon conservative principles. It does mean we get off our rears.

Phil Byler on May 5, 2009 at 7:31 AM

I don’t care what anyone says. Deep down most people on this thread wish that they were this kid at his age.

Go ahead. Blast me. You’re still wrong.

bluelightbrigade on May 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM

There was once a boy named David, who — having killed a lion and a bear that were after his father’s sheep — stepped forward to fight a giant all of the adults were afraid to fight. In the face of scorn and mocking, and against all odds, he killed the giant. You can read all about it in I Samuel 17.

For me, the question is whether this particular young man has killed a lion and a bear yet. I’m becoming more convinced that he has, but not quite there yet. I feel much better about seeing him interviewed, where we see him speak extemporaneously from his own mind, than seeing him give a speech, where the words may have been written by anyone.

But we can’t expect his political foes to pull their punches. If he enters the arena of grown-ups, he has to be ready to take grown-up shots, including the grotesque ones offered up in this forum. So his parents had better be discerning, and this had better be something HE has a drive to do, not them.

RegularJoe on May 5, 2009 at 7:59 AM

albill on May 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Assuming for a moment you’re right about the GOP becoming a “freak show” — the Dems have been working that side of the street for a generation. I give you:
* Ted Kennedy
* Jimmuh Carter
* Robert Byrd
* Barney Frank
* James Carville
* Nancy Pelosi
* Al Sharpton
* Keith Olberman
* Sean Penn
* Cindy Sheehan
* Hollywood
* The will.i.am MTV crowd

The list could go on and on.

Freak show? The GOP are rank amateurs. The Dems don’t just have a freak show; they’ve thrown in enough clowns to have a whole circus!

I’ll agree we on the right lack leaders right now. I think that’s mostly because we keep shooting them as soon as MSNBC or the NYTimes criticizes them. It’s time we stood behind men and women of conviction and start working to BEAT our rivals rather than please them.

RegularJoe on May 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM

It is a little weird hearing a little kid sound like Rush Limbaugh. Still, I’d rather hear him than Jeb Bush picking up where George W. left off.

Why is the party having Jeb out front delivering the same RINO message that got their arses kicked for the past two years?

Newt – check
Mitt – check
Jeb – WTF?

orlandocajun on May 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM

RegularJoe on May 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM

bluelightbrigade on May 5, 2009 at 8:34 AM

The kid’s as qualified as BHO? He’s not thirty five years old, but then again the kid is a natural born citizen of the USA, so I guess that’s a wash.

eaglewingz08 on May 5, 2009 at 8:47 AM

This kid creeps me out.

True_King on May 5, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Newt – check
Mitt – check
Jeb – WTF?

orlandocajun on May 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM

It’s all about presidential ambitions, cajun. You just wait — within a month of the 2010 midterms, you’re going to see Republicans crawling out of the woodwork to file exploratory committees for 2012, and the one thing they’ll all have in common is that they will have spent years badmouthing the true conservatives.

gryphon202 on May 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM

This kid is quickly becoming a caricature of himself. All anyone does is tell him what a phenom he is. It’s getting to be embarrassing and the more they do it, the more he plays the role.

It is unfortunate to see people (like Cavuto) fawn over him like this. It is not good for anyone involved. Especially the kid.

In the cause and effect world we live in, the overwhelming preponderance of stimuli this kid is receiving will change him (possibly and likely for the worse).

This kind of adulation, if left unchecked, can lead to extreme arrogance and dysfunctionality. If he has the right influences keeping him humble at home, they now have a taller order.

I hope I’m wrong but child star syndrome knows no ideology.

Barrack on May 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM

OH SNAP.

Allahpundit on May 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM

wow, sophisticated.

ExTex on May 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Sometimes when the adults won’t step forward and make the case, it takes a child to get the ball rolling.

Would you be so mean-spirited with your words if a prodigal sat down and played a Mozart or Beethoven piece flawlessly?
You sound like the pundits on MSNBC with your comments.

iamsaved on May 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I was that precocious AND that knowledgeable as a teenager. I wasn’t homeschooled, but I started school at age 5 and skipped eighth grade, so I was a sophomore in high school at 13. I campaigned in my school for Nixon in 1968. I worked on my first actual political campaign at age 13. I read “Atlas Shrugged” at 14. My family talked politics a lot and I learned from them as well as my own independent reading and watching TV.

So yeah, I believe this kid is for real. Good for him! I would love to be his mother.

rockmom on May 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM

And I don’t care who is sending the message to Jeb Bush to STFU, as long as it keeps getting sent.

rockmom on May 5, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Shameful, gutless, sub-human creeps.
I hope you all get pancreatic cancer.

Yes, I know it’s a sin.

connertown on May 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Wishing one of the most sinister black sheeps of all cancers on your fellow posters here??

You should be banned for that awful remark.

I have cancer and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone – friend or foe.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM

The kid is a helluva lot smarter than Allah.

Percy_Peabody on May 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM

from the mouths of babes..

bridgetown on May 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM

He seems more mature than Obama

Bevan on May 5, 2009 at 12:24 PM

What is going on with Republicans today? They put this kid on TV, W in the White House, and Sarah Palin on the ’08 ticket. What’s next, Miss Teen South Carolina as the new chairman once Steele is forced out? There was a time, not too long ago, when the Republicans used to be the thinking man’s party.

hicsuget on May 5, 2009 at 12:26 PM

hicsuget on May 5, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Forgot to mention Joe the Plumber. Mea culpa.

hicsuget on May 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM

There’s nothing wrong with his conservatism, his cogent argument, which answers directly the questions posed to him.

Prodigies scare people. He is one. The real deal. Get used to it, and get used to him. You’ll see him around for a long time.

My .02. ($20 adjusted for future Obamaflation.)

Tennman on May 5, 2009 at 12:28 PM

rockmom on May 5, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Me too, Rockmom — except for the “mom” part. The rest applies to myself as well.

Tennman on May 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I hope I’m wrong but child star syndrome knows no ideology.

Barrack on May 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Barack Obama.

bluelightbrigade on May 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Sounds like the Democrat leaders

Elric66 on May 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Yes, Allah, he does understand what he’s talking about. Unfortunately, YOU don’t understand what he’s talking about.

ErinF on May 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM

He seems more mature than Obama

… and Allah

I’d love to see this kid debate obam-uhh.

ErinF on May 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM

He reminds me of those two kids in the movie “Airplane!”

jacrews on May 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Twerp!

jeanie on May 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

When a bunch of brainwashed children parrot pro-Obama slogans they were forced to memorize by their unionized teachers and liberal parent, they are considered adorable and proof positive Obama is lord. But when an articulate young man dares to voice an independent point of view, then its a crime against humanity.

AaronGuzman on May 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I understand. It’s not a damn bit nice of me, and I pity you. But my wishing it doesn’t make it come true.

But why talk such trash about a kid?

Here’s the point – if words are cheap, and you can say awful things about a kid and call it “freedom of speech”, I can buy that. If words don’t mean anything (sticks and stones), then my comment shouldn’t mean much either. It’s only words.

On the other hand, if words and insults have weight and are damaging, then maybe the trolls should tone down their venom. I’m only reacting in kind (albeit, upping the ante). Just words.

connertown on May 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

connertown on May 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Don’t pity me, please, I’m ok, but your remark threw me.

Look – you can up the ante if you choose, but like I said – I wouldn’t wish cancer on anyone – friend or foe, it’s just awful. And I am speaking from experience.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I don’t post on HA that much but…..seriously people? Seriously

Do none of you remember Family ties? Do NONE of you remember Alex P Keaton? Well I hate to tell you folks their were in the 80s, 90s, and today plenty of Alex P Keaton’s out their and this kid is one of them.

The kid sounds all catskills in how he talks? So what? It helps make his way of expressing ideas “snap” and “pop” for the media which gets him more media attention. Sounds pretty darned smart to me. The kid is mimicking Rush? Eddie Murphy started off his career mimicking Richard Pryor… hardly a bad formula for success. Sean Hannity tries to imitate Rush. The kid might be a green haired homosexual climate change activist in 11 years… WHO CARES. People do change. Who here remembers when Newt was a cool guy and a lion for the Conservative point of view.

The Kid can express himself verbally rather well. He was able to talk a publishing company into publishing a book. Good for him. I sure wish when I was 14 I was able to do that. That would have been awesome.

Did the kid have a point on Jeb? Probably. Jeb has a way to spin out of it…. but the polls say the people out there in TV land WANT us to go back to the kind of party we were in the 80s. Maybe we should have an honest debate on that?

karasoth on May 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM

karasoth on May 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM

The Alex P Keaton angle was discussed here in detail right after CPAC.

AprilOrit on May 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I think it is great. I think the people that say bad things about him are the reason the GOP will struggle forever. Always looking for a negative. Dems swallow the kool aid and that is why they have a future. I am not saying that everyone has to like him but don’t make a fool of the future.

Tremmy on May 5, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Tremmy: We did this in 76, we did this in 92, we did this in 98

karasoth on May 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Precocious kids can learn lots of facts about any topic if they put their minds to it; I remember high school debaters with this level of presence, and that was in the early 70s. The fact that we’re actually paying attention to an articulate kid is a sign of our times; it’s the same phenomenon that prompted Democrats to crow about the “rock stars” they had as candidates. Everything’s about appearances, nothing is about virtue. Bread and circuses. We’re doomed as a culture.

Sorry, son, you’re a great kid, and I hope you’re enjoying your notoriety, but a sane culture would not pay attention.

philwynk on May 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

You know listening to kids is not a sign of cultural weakness. Listening them without -perspective- is

karasoth on May 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM

rockmom on May 5, 2009 at 10:32 AM

No kidding. He retired himself from the scene by choice. So who went knocking to drag him out from under his shell?

maverick muse on May 5, 2009 at 3:14 PM

philwynk on May 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I would rather agree with rockmom.

It doesn’t hurt to notice bright kids in passing. It spurs on the competitive spirit in youngsters with drive.

Despite Cavuto’s fawning, no one’s actually trying to make the kid into more than he is, aka reincarnated Reagan./

maverick muse on May 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Look, he’s a prodigy. That’s what prodigies are–they are kids with adult brains. You know, getting Phd’s at 16 kind of stuff, performing with the NY Philharmonic at 8. Emotionally they are still kids, of course, so when you get adult intellect + kid affect, in a kid wrapper, it can’t help but look weird. So yes, he looks weird, forced, whatever you want to say. But he is also not a mynah bird. He really does know what he is talking about.

karasoth on May 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM

smellthecoffee on May 5, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Stop worshiping Palin. The only thing I like about her is that she’s a good person. But she’s a poor politician and isn’t libertarian enough to not repeat the same mistakes George W. Bush made. I wouldn’t vote for her, despite the fact that she’s a good role model for women and pro-lifers.

If Mark Sanford isn’t on the ticket, expect the GOP to lose again in 2012. Sanford is the only guy who can bring libertarians back into the GOP.

MedSchoolCatholic on May 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM

the kid is smart and originally honest in his convictions. Gee, too bad more politicians aren’t like that.

kirkill on May 5, 2009 at 4:27 PM

The kid is annoying. It is very clear the he is imitating other personalities.

Get him an Xbox and a Happy Meal, stat.

romanianhacker on May 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM

This is an argument about nothing. All Jeb Bush said is we need to move forward, Reagan was 20 years ago..that is not antiReaganism, anymore than it would have been anti Lincoln to point out that running on an abolitionist platform might not work in the 21st century.

Sometimes it almost seems like people are looking for things to fight about and when you are in the minority, that is not really useful.

Terrye on May 5, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Is this kid related to Cyrus Krohn, the former Microsoft/Yahoo guy turned RNC techie?

thebadoutlaw on May 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM

And Jeff Sessions as your chair for the Judiciary Commitee, a known racist. …

athensboy on May 5, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Listen up, athens BOY, you don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about. Jeff Sessions is no such thing, and I DO know of whom I speak. You, however, are amazingly stupid and quite obviously incapable of independent thinking. Get a brain/STFU/DIAF – your choice.

Thank God Specter left and we get Sessions in his place at the Judiciary Committee! (Nevermind athensBOY’s willfully ignorant bleating.)

Re: the kid – yawn. Smart, promising, yes, but annoying as well. He has a whole lot of living to do before he starts lecturing ANY adult on anything, except maybe what the coolest video games are. (And ditto what April said about exploiting kids for politics!) Get off my lawn, kid! :P

And why all the Jeb hate? Has BDS spread to our side and now includes the whole family, regardless of their individual virtues? I understood what he meant; people (Rush, etc.) need to choose their battles a little more selectively. He and some of y’all are starting to just sound shrill, like you hate everyone except the people in the increasingly-shrinking echo chamber. Soooo Reaganesque…NOT.

Wake me up when the GOP (and more to the point, my fellow conservatives) call a ceasefire on the circular firing squad and realize who and what the real problems are – i.e. TOTUS BHO, socialism, Pelosi, you get the drift.

bamapachyderm on May 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Terrye on May 5, 2009 at 5:55 PM

^^^ THIS!!! x100!

(Hi Terrye – long time no see, and as usual we’re on the same page! LOL)

bamapachyderm on May 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM