Video: Conservative prodigy smacks Jeb Bush for anti-Reaganism

posted at 9:00 pm on May 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, this kid again. Here’s the million-dollar question: Does he understand what he’s saying or is he just doing some sort of superb mynah-bird impression of a conservative pundit in the Tucker Carlson mold? His forced small-talk cheeriness is on the cusp of parody. Is it some sort of bit, or has he — gasp — actually internalized this shtick? The poor, poor kid. Get him an Xbox and a Happy Meal, stat.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

This kid doesn’t do anyone on our side any good.

It’s clownish, transparent, rehearsed, hacky, and silly.

Kid’ll probably end up being pulled out of a hotel room with two hookers and a bag of blow in five to six years.

Maybe not .. but that I’d watch. You can keep whatever radio show this little twerp is planning.

cgoode777 on May 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Unless, y’all want him to switch parties and then become a liberal. Then we all will eat crow and attack him even worse.

ProudPalinFan on May 5, 2009 at 1:24 AM

It’s not gonna happen because of Hot Air commenters. (Besides, have you seen what moonbats say about him?)
It’ll happen when he’s been fully indoctrinated by “educators.” Then he’ll come out as a raging lefty who was “cured” of his once-famous conservatism like David Brock on crack. Just wait and see.

bamapachyderm on May 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM

LOL cgoode – I had that thought as well. ;)

bamapachyderm on May 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I don’t think he’s particularly good for the conservative movement. Liberals are merely mocking him and using him as a platform on which to mock Republicans (“The best they’ve got is a 14 year old kid…etc”)

He’s cute and obviously extremely intelligent but he doesn’t have the intellectual experience to articulate a good point yet. Plus, I don’t see how anyone could go through their teens and early 20′s in the public eye and come out in a light good enough for a political career. He’ll be photographed drunk, canoodling with young chicks, sucking on bongs, snorting coke and generally behaving like a normal kid. And it’ll be used against him his entire political career (because after all we like to pretend that politicians never did any of that stuff).

Sharke on May 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM

This kid doesn’t do anyone on our side any good.

It’s clownish, transparent, rehearsed, hacky, and silly.

cgoode777 on May 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Oh, and p.s. kiddo .. saying “Okay, look ..” prior to every canned point you make has not and will not afford it any extra validity.

If you’re not a mal-adjusted wingnut in ten years, look us up. Until then, go back to your juice box.

Nothing against juice boxes, by the way .. still love ‘em.

cgoode777 on May 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Yes. By all means, keep believing that.
Has your Krohn poster arrived in the mail yet?
You must be so excited!

Dave Rywall on May 5, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Laughable and lame response. Unfortunately for you that 14 year old would run circles around you as well.

Jamson64 on May 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Sharke on May 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Speak for yourself.

Kralizec on May 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Lived under Jeb Bush and now Crist as governors. I wouldn’t waste a vote on either of them…unless they ran against Chairman Obamao or Shrillary of course.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM

This kid doesn’t do anyone on our side any good.

cgoode777 on May 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I haven’t detected that you’re doing him any good, either. For his sake, I hope he’ll acquire a benign contempt for everyone who thinks more of what intelligent youth can do for him than of what he can do for intelligent youth.

Kralizec on May 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

yeah.. we need another neoconservative telling the GOP and the voters that Jeb Bush is the future leader.

popularpeoplesfront on May 6, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I liked the kid, and frankly he seemed genuine and extremely intelligent. Maybe he’s the Doogie Howser of politics. Some of the comments here remind me of a line in an appropriate 60′s tune.

“so much resistance, from behind”

MechEng5by5 on May 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM

It’s kind of hard to judge what the kid is really like because Cavuto kept treating him like a dancing monkey and wouldn’t let the poor kid freely answer his questions.
Tucker Carlson? No. The kid obviously watches all the talking heads shows and has learnt the patois of the pundit/political elite. The boy could have a much unhealthier interest. Leave him alone.

thegreatbeast on May 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I saw this kid at the Atlanta Tea Party, and I found him downright uncomfortable to watch. You can tell when someone, adult or not, really means and understands what he’s saying (which is why Obama himself is so transparently clueless and disingenuous), and this kid has no clue. I was raised a Conservative, listening to Rush and so forth for most of my life, but I can say with certainty that I didn’t begin to fully comprehend conservative thought and reasoning until recently (age 24), when my personal experiences converged with intense historical and literary study of political thought. Also, anyone who’s taken a high school speech class knows that if you repeat the same empty phrase over and over again (at the Tea Party it was “I’m often reminded of….,” people rightly tune you out.

My goal here is not to attack a defenseless kid, it’s just to reinforce that this cute little act is one supported by a sensationalizing media, and not your average Conservative. I would rather have any of our controversial leaders represent the movement than this kid.

Animator Girl on May 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM

thegreatbeast on May 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Indeed.

Cavuto came off as a j*ck*ss… I’d expect a hack interview like that from the likes of Geraldo. Now commenters here break bad on the kid w/o ever hearing a complete sentence (let alone thought) from the kid before cavuto interjects to demonstrate his alpha status (over a 14-year old).

roscopico on May 6, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I think this kid is 10x more competent than doofpundit.

TTheoLogan on May 7, 2009 at 4:27 AM