Video: The 100 Days Enchantment

posted at 10:46 am on April 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

You work for the New York Times as a White House correspondent. You get prime-time exposure when you’re chosen to ask the President a question at a high-profile press conference. Do you ask him about war, pestilence, famine, legislation, or even the idiocy of the Air Force One buzzing New York City? Not if you’re Jeff Zeleny.

I know AP already posted about this, but I can’t resist blogging about it. How bad was this question? Even Barack Obama made fun of it, as Zeleny’s colleagues laughed at him for asking it.

Q: Thank you, Mr. President. During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office? Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?

OBAMA: Now let me write this down.

OBAMA: I’ve got …

Q: Surprised, troubled …

OBAMA: I’ve got — what was the first one?

Q: Surprised.

OBAMA: Surprised.

Q: Troubled.

OBAMA: Troubled.

Q: Enchanted.

OBAMA: Enchanted, nice.

Q: And humbled.

OBAMA: And what was the last one, humbled?

Q: Humbled. Thank you, sir.

Michelle calls Zeleny the Perry Como of the press corps, but Como didn’t suck up to the powerful and famous when in the national spotlight. Instead, I’d call him the Amy Adams of the White House press corps, meaning no offense to the talented young star of Enchanted. I’m surprised Zeleny didn’t break into this song:

How do we know Zeleny loves Obama? He wants to know what enchants the President. Maybe Ed Henry and Jake Tapper can pull him aside and give Zeleny a few tips on how to avoid embarrassing himself the next time. Tommy Christopher knows better.

Update: Tom Maguire delivers the killer blow: “The President was far too kind to answer that he was most enchanted by the Times probing, hard-hitting journalism.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Now, not only am I going to have that in my head all day, but I’m going to associate that awesome movie with Obama now. Thanks Ed :(

Sir Corky on April 30, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Pic is epic.

marklmail on April 30, 2009 at 10:48 AM

epic.

marklmail on April 30, 2009 at 10:48 AM

You got that right.

Limerick on April 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Can the Rapture be far behind?

Oh, wait….He is already here.

coldwarrior on April 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Just another fine example of the Sissyfication of American Men.
Feelings.

carbon_footprint on April 30, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Did Zeleny approach the podium and try to fit a glass slipper on Ogabe’s foot?

Bishop on April 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Oh….
he’s got folks enchanted alright…
they are deep under his spell, or after all the flubs and UH AHH UHHHH moments his approval rating wouldn’t be as high as it is.
thank god for the tea parties et al. to show there is some sanity left in the country.

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on April 30, 2009 at 10:52 AM

SNL skit? Zeleny breaks into song singing to Obama.

That flick was cute but had a few unnecessary scenes for a family film.

I loved the animals of the city (pigeons and cockroaches) swarming to join her in song and clean his house.

shick on April 30, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Does anything better illustrate the decline of the Times?

I wonder if his boss is embarrassed by this or glad it’s getting so much pub?

rockhead on April 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Some enchanted evening….. You will meet a stranger….

William Amos on April 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I’d call him the Amy Adams of the White House press corps,

I’d call him the Linda Lovelace of the WH press corps.

thomasaur on April 30, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I’d call him the Linda Lovelace of the WH press corps.

thomasaur on April 30, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Win. Epic win.

Sir Corky on April 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Some enchanted evening….. You will meet a stranger….

William Amos on April 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Some enchanted evening
Someone may be laughin’,

Limerick on April 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Most ridiculous question eva

therightwinger on April 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I just saw that movie for the FIRST time LAST night!!! (major dad was taking his Nigerian petty officer students out for dinner, so I had me a girl movie night.) Awesomeness.

Did the question make you sad, Ed?

tree hugging sister on April 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Some enchanted evening….. You will meet a stranger….

William Amos on April 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM

No! Barack Obama is no Rossano Brazzi.

BigD on April 30, 2009 at 10:58 AM

It was an iconic moment. I’d like to see that clip strung together with all of the other slobbering love fest comments the press has made. Even WITHOUT Chris Matthews it would be funny!

Star20 on April 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM

More like the Monica Lewinsky of press corps.

rbj on April 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM

What’s the hardest part of being the NYT’s White House reporter?

Telling your parents you’re gay.

Kasper Hauser on April 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Well… now I am totally convinced that the media is in the tank for the Obamessiah. Would a question even remotely as soft as this one ever be posed to GWB? I think not.

BoomJunkie on April 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Man, I love Enchanted. Ed, why’d you have to use this photo for a sickening bunch of creeps like the DBM?

I was listening to Mark Levin’s open-mic commentary when I heard it and threw up a little. These people have no shame. I think they’re in a competition to see who can “service” him the best. Doesn’t Bambi, Axelrod, or Capone have to approve these questions before the almighty decides to answer them? So his ridicule of the question is not genuine.

I’m looking forward to his inevitable downfall (brought to you by the REAL Almighty). This type of hype is not sustainable. What a glorious day that will be…may it come sooner than later.

Dubn8tr on April 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Did he stack the room again by asking who voted for him? Oh yeah it’s the press, he didn’t have to ask.

lwssdd on April 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

And to think…Major got shunned….

ladyingray on April 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Nice dirndl!

Glenn Jericho on April 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for that clip from one of my favorite movies evah!

If SNL does not completely skewer Zeleny this week I will be very disappointed.

Dennis Miller had it exactly right last night – what is happening in our country when a Miss USA contestant gets tougher questions than the President of the United States?

rockmom on April 30, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Enchanted in never never land would better describe the idea that these first 100 days have been so successful.

It is wrought with Irony that the day after our Paparazzi President finished bragging about himself that Chrysler files for bankruptcy.
Nobody was more instrumental in the demise of some of America’s leading industries than the democratic party and their union friends.

All we have heard from liberals is how “smart” they are.

Anytime you here a liberal base their statement on doing something “intelligently” or “The smart way”,you know they are getting ready to tell a lie.

The results of their appeasement policies in foreign affairs(WWII,Vietnam,Iraq,War on terror as a whole,Darfur,Rwanda,N.Korea….) and welfare policies that have destroyed states like NY,CA,NJ,Mi,with others on the way show they have no business claiming any mantle of intelligence.

Here is a little reality that the “enchanted” press core did not seem to have the “intelligence” to bring up:

FACT CHECK: Obama’s Job Creation, Deficit Claims Questionable

President Obama turned the page on 100 days in office with an iffy boast about job creation and claims of fiscal prudence that are hard to square with his spending.

I guess in Mr. 57 states world quadrupling the deficit,getting pats on the back from our foreign allies but no combat troops/no stimulus money,bowing to Saudi Kings,breaking just about every campaign promise,and nationalizing our banks/businesses is considered “smart” in liberal land.

No wonder these idiots think taking out Saddam and freeing 25 million people is the “worst foreign policy decision” in modern history and raising taxes is “patriotic”,they are to stupid to understand facts,reality of our situation on the ground,and learning from the mistakes made in the past.

This quote from Obama on enhanced interrogation techniques sums up liberal idiocy well:

(via Loxodonta on April 30, 2009)

Obama gives nuanced defense of his stance on torture

In a strikingly defensive explanation of his stance on Bush-era anti-terrorism tactics, President Obama on Wednesday acknowledged for the first time that the harsh interrogation techniques he has banned might have yielded useful information, but that he was nonetheless willing to rule them out on moral grounds.

So now Obama admits that these techniques worked,but we are going to scrap them anyway because we have moved the goal posts so far in defining torture that “any” irritation or discomfort to the terrorist is not permitted.

This is considered smart in liberal land.

I think the press is smothering itself in the delight that they have been able to cover for Obama so well that his lies and ignorant policies are not making it to the average person.

This is as much a celebration of the success of the press to hoodwink and bamboozle the electorate with their liberal propaganda than it is in what Mr.Paparazzi has accomplished.

Baxter Greene on April 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you, O.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For Obama I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
O, take me to your heart.
For its there that I belong,
And we’ll never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
O, answer question mine.
And Ill be yours through all the years,
At the New York Times.

Loxodonta on April 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM

When is Disneyworld going to open Obamaland?

Or is that where we’re living now?

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM

These people’s words and actions are totally and astonishingly incongruent with the nature of the times we are living in.

It seems like the world is on a precipice comparable in gravity to the Summer of 1914, while Obama and his press corp are yukking it up in a world of their own. They honest-to-God don’t seem to sense how vulnerable we all are at this moment in history.

Damn every one of them.

I’m not scared, just very, very sad.

jeff_from_mpls on April 30, 2009 at 11:13 AM

These press conferences have become irrelevant, self-parodies. Stupid questions and BO rambles to run down the clock.

Might as well invite Perez Hilton to at least add some spice…

SPCOlympics on April 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Barbara Walters is breathing a sigh of relief knowing she’s no longer the person who asked the stupidest interview question ever.

saint kansas on April 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Unknown fact #1 about the Enchanted clip.

It was all done with hidden cameras. None of those people knew they were being filmed.

(wink wink)

kurtzz3 on April 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Jeff Zeleny please wipe the white sticky substance off your chin.

And the next time you get called on to ask a question atleasts wear the requisite knee pads and glue a beer coaster on your head for the Dear Leader’s Cerveza.

I mean come the F on america…you call this bullshit journalism?

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

you call this bullshit journalism?

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Yes, I think “bullshit” is the perfect adjective for it.

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM

For the first time in my adult life, i am embarrassed for my country and embarrased by those moronic countrymen who elected this fake bullshit artists who was propped up and continues to be propped up by the cocksucking liars in the main stream media.

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Maybe we didn’t treat you
Quite as good as we should have
Maybe we didn’t love you
Quite as often as we could have
Little things we should have said and done
In the New York Times

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Obama, tell me that your sweet love hasn’t died
Obama, give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied

Loxodonta on April 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Dennis Miller- Can you imagine asking Harry Truman that question? Eisenhower? John Wayne?

I’ll go one further, I think even Bill Clinton would laugh at such a ludicrous question.

The One could have upped his manly street cred if he would have just said, NEXT?

JAM on April 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Surprised that everybody doesn’t love me as much as I love me.

Troubled that not everyone is on board with me since I am the Pied Piper of political greatness.

Enchanted every time I look in the mirror.

Humbled that I haven’t yet mastered walking on water

GrayDog on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Newsmax has a good site with a list of Dear Leader’s gaffes of the first 100 days, put it as my new kirkill link below left…

en·chant
2 : to attract and move deeply : rouse to ecstatic admiration

egad, Baracky only enchants the lemmings, you can’t really enchant The One.

kirkill on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Loxodonta on April 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM

In the spirit of Elvis…I cannot wait to hear “Obama has left the building.” 01-20-13.

coldwarrior on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

“President Bush…when you invaded Iraq, and killed all those innocent civilians, did you feel enchanted?”
“What surprised you the most about torturing innocent people”
“President Bush, were you troubled by murdering innocent people?”
“And were you humbled when you found out that torturing, murdering, raping, the Iraqi people did not ever accomplish your goals?”

right2bright on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

A nice video of Obama leading the throngs…

With approrpiate music, of course.

Come on, people
Come on, people
Trust in me
Come on, people
Can’t you see
Come on, people
I’m the Pied Piper

[With apologies to Crispian St. Peters]

coldwarrior on April 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

right2bright on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Oh, I get it. The One’s superficiality and total lack of administrative ability are Bush’s fault.

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Win. Epic win

Indeed it is!

Well done, sir. :)

Bob's Kid on April 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Jeff Zeleny has been covering Barack Obama the elected federal official since 2005. Prior to his gig with the NY Times, Mr. Zeleny worked the Chicago Tribune Washington Bureau.

Zeleny’s question was a total embarrassment. These press conferences shouldn’t be covered if they are going to be like this with Ed Schultz once again sitting in the first row.

I like Rush, but if Limbaugh was seated in the first row of White House press conferences I would be livid. This was another theatrical performance. The networks are going to have a hard time rationalizing this coverage anymore.

gabriel sutherland on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

OBAMA: And what was the last one, humbled?

Golda Meir: “Don’t be so humble. You’re not that great.

progressoverpeace on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Utopian Anarchy of shining beautiful souls crossing a shining bridge to a world without biting lepers begetting no sociopaths, a la stefbot.

AS IF Obama the Narcissist would ever meet his campaign promo, already dissolved.

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Good lord that made me sick and I think I’m going to throw up in my mouth.

rplat on April 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM

According to an Ann Althouse commenter, Twittering journalists LOVED the enchantment question:

HowardKurtz: Easy to mock Zeleny’s question (asking a prez what “enchanted” him?) but it produced the most interesting answer of the night.and

thenoteRT @HowardKurtz Obama is hitting this Q about surprised, enchanged, humbled out of the park. He’s thinking out loud.

and

tvnewserRT @BillHemmer: jeff zeleny ny times question might be most insightful of evening. w/ longest answer coming.

OMG He’s thinking out loud!!!111!!

The Deciders.

Kensington on April 30, 2009 at 11:39 AM

The Pied Piper promises a ride on that shining bridge to HIS utopia that eschews America.

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Have to agree. I love that song and that scene in the movie and definitely don’t want to associate it with Bammers and his MSM toadies.

Missy on April 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Golda Meir: “Don’t be so humble. You’re not that great.“

progressoverpeace on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

ought to hear more of her quips

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I don’t know about the girls in the first clip but that second clip was great.

How cute is Amy Adams?

CarolynM on April 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Well, she’s no Julie Andrews, even if that shot of her running across the meadow is right out of The Sound of Music.

BigD on April 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM

gabriel sutherland on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hmmm, excuse me, but what we saw last night was not a press conference. It was just another Obama speech with so called journalists lobbing softballs at the Precedent to keep the teleprompter from losing it’s place.

Knucklehead on April 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Well duh, of course he hit it out of the park, the only thing he can speak about coherently is himself and his own greatness.

rockmom on April 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM

This morning on Neal Boortz they talked about this. Apparently, this is the first time NY Times has been chosen to ask a question in a presser. They were barred from the traditional post-inaugural interview, so it is not clear what the reporter’s motives were.

Two theories: 1) He wanted to catch 0 off-stride. Instead of the typical questions with answers that have been rehearsed and restated in many ways, deal him an off-the-wall question. 2) The reporter just wanted to make a name for himself by beeing the most talked-about question the next day. He certainly did that.

PrincipledPilgrim on April 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Golda Meir: “Don’t be so humble. You’re not that great.“

progressoverpeace on April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM
ought to hear more of her quips

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

“Obama, Shmobama. Meh.”

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM

beeing being

PrincipledPilgrim on April 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM

right2bright on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Some things should never need a “sarc” tag…my post was one such post.
The news person could have asked Bush the same, except they always “answered” the question, as they were asking the question.
“Mr. Bush, it is obvious that the mission is not accomplished, there has been numerous deaths and terrorists attacks withing Iraq. The elections have not been held and civil unrest in much of the part of the country. Senator Reid has stated we have lost, and approval ratings of the war is at an all time low. Along with that your dog hates you. The world estimates are that 87% of the people of the world now hate you and the U.S., all the world leaders hate you, the Iraqis hate you, and terrorists membership have grown to an all time high…as a snot nosed, ivy-league, spoiled little brat that consumed massive amounts of drugs, and was an alcoholic that stole the election. How do you explain the “Mission Accomplished” banner, seeing as your kids are out partying. You don’t seem to be even to handle your domestic problems.
And I have a follow up question to your foolish answer, wondering why you did not react quicker when Katrina hit and destroyed a city that you apparently did not care about.”
The let the “ONE” answer the question, and the “questionable one” they answered for him.
Get it now?

right2bright on April 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I love that movie Enchanted!….and McDreamy.

christene on April 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Golda had some really great lines. It’s a shame that she was died-in-the-wool socialist. I liked her, anyway. SOme of my Israeli friends despise her because she let the arabs strike first in the Yom Kippur war, thinking that getting world opinion on Israel’s side was important. The joke was on her. Reports around the world claimed that Israel had struck first, aggresively and unprovoked, and the truth didn’t come out until too late – at which time no one cared.

progressoverpeace on April 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Well, she’s no Julie Andrews

No, but Enchanted is a sweet movie, just the same. I watched it w/o high expectations and was totally charmed.

Missy on April 30, 2009 at 11:49 AM

right2bright on April 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Sorry about that. I’m spoiling for a fight and getalife, as I understand it, has been banned. (For what?)

Who is the resident troll in these parts now that we can lash out at?

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Zeleny used to work for the Chicago Tribune. Look at this list of all his fun articles!

misslizzi on April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Loxodonta on April 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM

coldwarrior on April 30, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Petitions from “just the messengers” for Obama’s Budget from “your” district, America…participatory change!

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Jeff Zeleny is just going to have to get in line behidn Chrissie “thrill down my leg” Matthews, though, if he expects to gratify Obama in a way I will not describe here

ToddonCapeCod on April 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Obama Change?

Whose friendship does he seek since election?

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Did you notice Obama’s little attemptedsave: the “Jeff” then the quick “Zeleny” to try and hide the fact that these two are on a first name basis?

misslizzi on April 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Now we know the true face of love. Or is that the face of true love? One wonders.

Tennman on April 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM

misslizzi on April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Chicaog…hmmmm..are you suggesting that Zeleny and Obama may have a, mmm, err, a “history?” Interesting. Enchanting, too. /s

Like to see that on the front page of the Inquirer.

coldwarrior on April 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Obama “I like Pie” The Forrest Gump of Presidents? Well Tom Hanks was charming in that role. Is that the Obama charm offensive? Obama tells Harry Reid he has a gift….Mama told me I was special LOL, yes Sir you are that.

Dr Evil on April 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM

you call this bullshit journalism?

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Yes, I think “bullshit” is the perfect adjective for it.

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM

YELLOW journalism, chickenshit from gloating cowards

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM

…come home to roost

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Time to mail Jeff Zeleny some lipstick……

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM

misslizzi on April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

‘Pen pals’ McCain, Obama talk pork
Thursday, February 9, 2006
Jeff Zeleny – - Chicago Tribune
On the third day of their tempest, Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama playfully cocked their fists, skillfully mugged for the cameras and, in the middle of a newly minted bipartisan love fest, resumed their Senate business Wednesday.

2006, 2009
ugh

maverick muse on April 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Time to mail Jeff Zeleny some lipstick……

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM

You can put lipstick on a pig, but…

bulgaroctonus on April 30, 2009 at 12:09 PM

The White House Press Corps once again proved themselves to be loyal lap dogs. Yep, keep that ‘spotlight on government’ folks. I’d suggest a name change to most of those ‘reporters’ as White House Press Whores.

GarandFan on April 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I watched on ABC and afterward the anchor – Charlie Gibson, IMSMR – said that this question would be the one that people talked about. Sheesh. I hope the Times has enough sense to keep this joker far away from White House briefings in the future. Maybe he can write theater reviews or something.

orange on April 30, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Waiting for an explanation of why …

… you have lipstick to mail.

Hmmmm …

Loxodonta on April 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Obama’s talking now about the bankruptcy (that anyone who paid attention said should have happened a long time and billions of dollars ago) of Chrysler(on the heels of the death of Pontiac) and how great a company it was but could not meet “his” standards of operation.

Uh…Obama, the American car industry has been on a downward spiral for years.
Your union buddies and high tax rates in their cities combined with inept leadership is nothing new and no different over the last 30 days than it was over the last 20 years.

Enough with all the platitudes,just call it like it is:

I FAILED!!!!

Don’t need a teleprompter for that.

Baxter Greene on April 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Obama, as Snow White….

I’m wishing……..for the next corporation to screw over…

capejasmine on April 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I think funding ACORN has enchanted him the most.

I mean, how delightful is that ?

DeweyWins on April 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

The Look of Love is in Jeff’s eyes…

Gee whiz, Jeff. Why didn’t you just ask him how he got to be so wonderful?

kingsjester on April 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Obama and the American media.

Style over substance.

And damn little style.

Complete idiots, the lot of them.

UltimateBob on April 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I’m wishing……..for the next corporation to screw over…

capejasmine on April 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM

What is Walmart for $400 Alex.

faol on April 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Obama and the American media.

Like a bad episode of COP ROCK!

DamnYankee on April 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

misslizzi on April 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Jesus, thats like a chapter list of a teenage girls unrequited love diary to obama.

This guy’s blatent enchantment with The One makes flaming homosexual sound manly and reserved.

Seriously, i am surprised he was able to vocalize at all with all the Bacock Obama in his mouth.

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM

The Look of Love is in Jeff’s eyes…

Gee whiz, Jeff. Why didn’t you just ask him how he got to be so wonderful?

kingsjester on April 30, 2009 at 12:27 PM

and gosh darn good looking…

BillaryMcBush on April 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM

You don’t have to be a gay man to use the word enchanted in a sentence….but it helps.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

TugboatPhil on April 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Like a bad any episode of COP ROCK!
DamnYankee on April 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Sorry…couldn’t resist….

ladyingray on April 30, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Did Zeleny approach the podium and try to fit a glass slipper on Ogabe’s foot?

Bishop on April 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM

*lols*

RepubChica on April 30, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I’d call him the Linda Lovelace of the WH press corps.

thomasaur

Remember, Linda Lovelace later claimed that all those scenes were against her will and constituted rape. Will Mr. Zeleny wake up from his drunken rapture some morning and say “Oh my God, I’ve been raped!”.

SKYFOX on April 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Loved the movie (Enchanted, not the Linda Lovelace movie) and that scene! President’s press conferences not so much. No wonder Rush calls it the feminization of the culture. (This is also why anything that white men stand for must be evil in their eyes.)

Christian Conservative on April 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Btw, Fox’s Lie to Me won the ratings battle last night! 7 Million watched that vs. 19 million spread over all the other channels watching Obama.
But keep in mind, Lie to Me was on every channel!

Christian Conservative on April 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

At about 4:45:

“I can’t just press a button and suddenly have the bankers do what I want.”

Sounds like he is disappointed because actually expected that he would be able to. But he’s been working to make that dream a reality – just look at what he did with GM.

Scrappy on April 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM

“The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression”

What a lie….it’s not as bad as the GD, and it seems that he’s loving it…. too much change too fast can do that to you BO.

Humbled, he has no humility….
He’s driving the “oceanliner” like a speedboat.
20 yrs later, our children will look back and curse me
This was the biggest waste of time…

CynicalOptimist on April 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

He must have a Man Crush on Obama!

threeCents on April 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM