If we’re teabaggers, then they’re …

posted at 7:52 pm on April 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

We’re preparing for a road trip in a couple of weeks, and one of the tasks on the list is getting the car ready to make the 700-mile trip.  I don’t drive much these days, since I work from home, and that means that oil changes and tire rotations get forgotten. The Honda CRV has 86,000 miles on it, and I’d like to make sure it can stand another 1500 or so without a problem.

I’ve managed to get all the inspections done in the last two days, but it’s been a while since I’ve had to drive at rush hour on a Thursday through the major intersection in my neighborhood. I had forgotten that a local chapter of United for Peace and Justice holds “Honk 4 Peace” rallies on the street corner each Thursday evening.  I’m a big fan of peaceful assembly, even when I disagree with the cause, and these are exactly as harmless as you’d expect in a Minnesota suburb.  The protestors eagerly solicit people to honk, acting as though each toot of a car horn gives a UN angel his wings, and usually the small crowd includes a couple of amusing lunatics. Today, one elderly man held aloft a sign that claimed that Lockheed Martin is the biggest war profiteer in the world, along with a lot of other gibberish that was (a) too small to read, and (b) too much for cars speeding by at 45 MPH.

While I was stopped at the intersection, two of the five or six people involved were too busy talking on cell phones to hold their signs up, and in any event they didn’t get too many takers.  The only annoying thing about them is that they encourage people to slow down while passing by, and it worsens an already-bad traffic bottleneck.

Anyway, while passing through the Honk 4 Peacers, I began mulling over in my mind how to refer to them.  After all, the Left had taken to calling Tea Party protestors “teabaggers” as a way to belittle the demonstrators and amuse themselves.  I thought about it all the way home, and the only thing I could come up with was … honkies.

Think that’ll catch on?

Update: Oh, man, an even better one from the comments: hornies.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

First point: you’re right, but people can have intelligent debate about what torture is.

Second: You’re right. According to those Geneva Conventions, all those prisoners should’ve been summarily hanged.

Third: You’re right again. Hate to see any of them do it, but every durned one of them do. Including Barry O.

bikermailman on April 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

LOL…I gave up going of my own account. I began to see the obsessional behavior with the ‘Nazis behind every door’ thing, and rarely go except to see the links that people put up. That, and to see if CJ is still ranting about the eviiillee ID people.

bikermailman on April 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

ROTFLMAO… Dont get me wrong, I harbor no ill feeling towards Charles for his banning me. It is his sandbox and he did warn me, I just got carried away on my soapbox on night. I really enjoyed my time at LGF most of the people there are pretty cool. And yea, I still enjoy reading the news links there as well.

doriangrey on April 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

While I was stopped at the intersection, two of the five or six people involved were too busy talking on cell phones to hold their signs up, and in any event they didn’t get too many takers. The only annoying thing about them is that they encourage people to slow down while passing by, and it worsens an already-bad traffic bottleneck.

Maybe these meek demonstrators qualify as a Traffic Calming Device

Dollayo on April 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

SMELLY HIPPY TROLLS

OkieDoc on April 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

“If we’re teabaggers, then they’re…….”

……….. Feltchers.

Give it time………

………. it will catch on.

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

If we’re teabaggers, then they’re …

teabagees.

Someone else might have beaten me to it.

cjs1943 on April 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Yes, you are right. This is really what they are.

cjs1943 on April 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

If we’re teabaggers, then they’re …

Easy…

douchebaggers…

ClassicCon on April 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Easy…

douchebaggers…

ClassicCon on April 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

For the WIN……………..

doriangrey on April 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Easy…

douchebaggers…

ClassicCon on April 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM
For the WIN……………..

doriangrey on April 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Totally sexist crap. How would like it if we said call them Prostatic Fools?

What is wrong with “hornie toads”, because most of them are damn uglie.

bloggless on April 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

How about “peace farts”? They come both, quietly and noisily, they stink and nobody notices when they disappear.

bloggless on April 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I was a rightwinger until 2006, when I saw Bush lie about ESCR on nat’l tv.
Then suddenly….I could see he was lying about a lot of of things….like Iraq, torture, and the economy.
My Cole-style conversion as it were.
;)

strangelet on April 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Well, if you are actually telling the truth, then you certainly should have turned on Obama by now and be a rightwinger again.

MB4 on April 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I don’t get it. Did somebody break “morons”?

Blacklake on April 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

strangelet on April 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

You are so FOS.

bloggless on April 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Hey now…horny toads (aka The Great Texas Horned Lizard) are pretty cool looking. On the comeback too. Were wild when I was a kid, almost disappeared, see them even in town nowadays.

bikermailman on April 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

bikermailman on April 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Perhaps “Horny Turds” is more to your liking? I kinda like that one.

bloggless on April 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

If we’re teabaggers, then they’re …

Country Blumpkins?

stonemeister on April 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Ed:
You got me curious now. Are they all honkies, or are there any with “swagga”?

paulsur on April 30, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Blowjobs for America!

hillbillyjim on April 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Turds

SouthernGent on April 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM

The thought of these smelly hippies being horny…shudder….

bikermailman on May 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Let us just call them Road Kill.

Dhuka on May 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

TeadullDumb and TeadullDee

exhelodrvr on May 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Seven Percent Solution on April 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Ha that was great I got a good laugh after I googled it +1,000

Paco on May 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

They are “Obama’s Sloppy Seconds!!!”

The Pragmatist on May 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Let us just call them Road Kill.

Dhuka on May 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

LoL

darktood on May 1, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Dear Lord, conservatives trying to be funny is never a pretty sight.

benny shakar on May 1, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Dude. That’s practically a new car. My Land Cruiser has nearly 300,000 miles. I’m expecting another 100,000.

peacenprosperity on May 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM

If we’re teabaggers, then they’re …

Losers. Or from Atlas Shrugged, Looters.

peacenprosperity on May 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM

86K on a Honda?

Just so long as you have followed in the Good Book of Honda, known as your ‘Owners Manual’, and done the required obeisance and have been obedient in your attentiveness, then the reward is a good car which will keep going for years.

Yea and/or verily doth one take up the Religion of the Honda Owners Manual and do the necessary treatments, inspections and replacements on schedule and the reward is a bountious plentitude of certainty. Unlike the owner manuals of others that are but guides to alms for their caretakers, you get to be the one to follow the Laws of Replacement of Honda and all good liquids that are necessary for its long lasting continuation.

RTFM.

Or Else.

As for the peacies… well they don’t warrant the ‘camper’ designation from FPS as they never get anything from their events.

It is fascinating to read this from Law of Nations, Book III, para 3:

Some fanatics indeed, taking in a literal sense the moderation recommended in the gospel, have adopted the strange fancy of suffering themselves to be massacred or plundered, rather than oppose force to violence. But we need not fear that this error will make any great progress. The generality of mankind will, of themselves, guard against its contagion — happy, if they as well knew how to keep within the just bounds which nature has set to a right that is granted only through necessity!

That written in 1758.

These fanatics have been around a very long time.

ajacksonian on May 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Calling them anything other than what they are is as insulting and juvenile as calling people in the protests “teabaggers”, whick I found highly offensive. I think back to when I saw Herr Obergrupenfuhrer Olbergoebbels saying to the protesters that they were “Teabaggers, and you’ve been SPUNKED”(paraphrasing). One of the stupidest and crudest things he’s ever said on TV.

These people are “Utopianists” That’s why nothing they think makes any real sense, and that’s most everything left of center. All there ideas are “great on paper”(not really, but for arguments sake) but hold no water in the real world or how it runs. Please don’t sink to the level of Olbergoebbels and the rest of his ilk even though they really don’t deserve better. Utopianist is a severe insult, especially to the ones that don’t get it. The left is deluded…..

adamsmith on May 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM

“If we’re teabaggers, then they’re…….”

Honkers???

Obscure Sesame Street reference.

MarkTheGreat on May 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Pacifists? I just call them “sub-human filth.” Or “better off dead.”

PimFortuynsGhost on May 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Are you a man or a mouse? My Pathfinder has 156,000+ and counting….I’m not afraid.

It’s a Honda…it’s not like it’s a GM or anything.

ladyingray on May 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM

… bag garglers.

… sack moisteners.

… brown nosers.

Terp Mole on May 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM

… tea gaggers

Terp Mole on May 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I think Lileks came up with the best name for them: salad tossers.

That works on so very many levels.

techno_barbarian on May 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Or is that just being ‘mean-spirited’ of me?

Maybe. But it’s about time we fought back a bit.

techno_barbarian on May 1, 2009 at 12:19 PM

techno_barbarian on May 1, 2009 at 12:19 PM

It’s not mean spirited. Pacifists are partially responsible for the Holocaust and the Cambodian genocide. They are scum and have a lot of blood on their hands.

PimFortuynsGhost on May 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

PimFortuynsGhost on May 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

You’re correct, of course, but the tolerant and oh so caring Pacifists will never be convinced of that. Doesn’t make it any less true.

techno_barbarian on May 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Can we just call them “buttdart targets” ?

Black Adam on May 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I’m over 60 and not up on today’s sexual innuendo but if I understand the left’s use of the term “teabaggers”, wouldn’t they then be . . . “Rooster Suckers”?

Regarding “torture”, “kill don’t capture” disposes of the issue.

scullymj on May 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Beepers.

DannoJyd on May 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

If we’re tea-baggers, then the obvious appellation for them and the left as a whole would be scum-baggers.

J.J. Sefton on May 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM