The dumbest segment ever: CNN on Obama’s “swagga”

posted at 6:19 pm on April 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, a dose of flava. Had Megyn Kelly pulled this on Juan Williams over at FNC — replete with rap intro and gratuitous fist bump — you’d have seen lefties immolating themselves in horrified protest at the cartoonish stereotyping. As it is, this isn’t half bad as a microcosm of the media’s coverage of The One’s first 100 days: Consumed with style and barely trying to conceal their admiration. When you’re fourth place in the ratings, I guess it doesn’t matter what you do; no one’s watching anyway. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Kyra Phillips used to live 2 doors down from me in Atlanta, GA. She and her husband sold their home maybe 3-4 years ago? They are divorced now and she is dating a CNN coworker. Remember her famous open microphone moment when she complains about her brother’s controlling wife while she was in the bathroom? My first post on HotAir . . . this doesn’t bode well for my future commentary . . .

reallyfive on April 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I have been in the broadcast news business for 30 years. These may be the most embarrassing moments on the set that I can remember. This makes the young CNN lady at the Tea Party rallies look like an Emmy winner.

Bic on April 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Oh my lord… I’m speechless.

saltydogg14 on April 29, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I read all the comments, and got curious after so many were saying, “You gotta be kiddin me!”

So, I had to take a peek.

Uh, you have got to be kidding me! The absolutely, mind numbingly, hysterically laughable extents white liberals will go to express their “blackness” is worthy of parody.

That’s bad enough, but the worst is the blacks who actually submit to their racist stereotypes. “Say, Bro, wadup dog. Can’t say, Jack! Lighten up bro, yo like to get your hat brought to ya!” Sounds like a segment right out of Amos and Andy! And they tell us we can’t watch “Song of the South” because of it’s racial “insensitivity.” BBBBBwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

If you liberals weren’t so dangerous, you’d be funny.

Joe Pyne on April 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

right2bright on April 29, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I get it. The quotes make you not a racist.

Nonfactor on April 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Oh, now I remember!

The white lady was acting like dopey white cop in Sanford and Son: “Hey, Mr. Sanford, what’s up bro? Slice me some skin!” Fred: “That’s what you get for lettin white folks on the bus.”

Priceless.

Joe Pyne on April 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Is this the news? They get six figures for this?

RobCon on April 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Why didn’t they just play Movin’ On Up?

BDavis on April 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

…you’d have seen lefties immolating themselves…

If only.

rollthedice on April 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I want that two minutes of my life back!!!

Vntnrse on April 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM

For shitzle, my brother.

greggriffith on April 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Nope! Not gonna do it.

5u93rm4n on April 29, 2009 at 9:47 PM

The One would hit dat fo shizzle.

walkingboss on April 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I have to wonder what her inner monologue, assuming that vapid airhead has one, was like after that segment.

“Damn, I am so down with the people. I think I’ll reward myself with a soy mocha latte from Starbucks on the way home. I wonder what ever happened to that black guy I dated in college?”

And that guy talking about Obama sounded like he was one of the black guys they interviewed in that HBO show “American Pimp”, who explained that only black men knew how to be pimps.

Strange days.

venividivici on April 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Style uber alles!!

Countdown to the 2012 hlobal apocalypse…

rockbend on April 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Style uber alles!!

Countdown to the 2012 global apocalypse…

rockbend on April 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I’m not clicking the image. It’s CNN, what is the point
No substance, no style, ugly chicks and even goofier and uglier guys.
It’s the slow learners class of the cable news network
Bring back Bernie shaw or crossfire
In a word they are to boring to even fuss at

kangjie on April 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I started becoming politically aware in the mid-to-late 1980s, and honestly CNN at that time wasn’t really all that bad. My how they’ve rotted.

ddrintn on April 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Priceless.

Joe Pyne on April 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Ayup. getalife’s Manchurian nephew showed up.

Of course, one of the other dopey white cops on Sanford and Son was played by liberal icon Pat Paulsen, who even ran for President against Dick Nixon when he was on the Smothers Brothers show.

Pat’s first appearance was in the final episode of the 3 part “Fred Sanford Goes to Hawaii” story arc.

Del Dolemonte on April 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I saw some “swagga” at work yesterday…a 1 1/2 year old kid with 3 big lumps on his head and his bottom teeth knocked out. He “fell down the stairs”. The baby daddy got arrested.

LtE126 on April 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

“Swagga” = The New Shuck n’ Jive

Give me a frickin’ break

Flyboy on April 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

All of this counting of days during the Obama administration…

I remember back about 30 years ago nightly updates on the days, day by day, of the hostage crises in Iran.

Coincidence?

catmman on April 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

See, CNN can get away with this because, after all their heart’s in the right place. They don’t mean no harm. In fact, had Kyra donned a huge fake Afro and started tossing a basketball around while mouthing “Is all good” to her black co-host, the left would see no problem there. But God forbid anyone disagree with the Baller in Chief..OH NO….That’s RACISM!

CapitalistPig on April 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Soon as I saw the word “swagga,” I knew I wasn’t watching. I FRIGGIN HATE THAT NON-WORD!! I hear it so much daily I want to punch out my eardrums.

That said, how much lower can CNN go. It’s as if the bottom keeps falling out.

Dubn8tr on April 29, 2009 at 11:22 PM

DUDE.

juanito on April 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Swagga keeps terrorists at bay!

unwashed minion on April 30, 2009 at 1:13 AM

*retch*

unwashed minion on April 30, 2009 at 1:17 AM

The world is a ghetto

The Wall on April 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Slice me some skin bro. LOL. Unf*n real.
Now we need Wolf Blitzed with a hair pik.

johnnyU on April 30, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Funny thing how you can say things like “every white president hasn’t had any swagga” but would get fried if you made such generalizations about a minority group’s social characteristics,..just stating the obvious.

Alden Pyle on April 30, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Well maybe white pols can have a class on how NOT to say their “ask’s” or how to use double negatives…as in “I ain’t never gonna ax the American people”…

Bring the swagga!!!

LtE126 on April 30, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Hilarious racist liberal nitwits.

This is so much worse/better than I thought it would be that it’s stunning. Breakup the press machinery – they are worse than we thought, and utterly worthless.

Jaibones on April 30, 2009 at 8:04 AM

“No one’s watching” and you want me to “click the image to watch?” Hell no!

RMR on April 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM

She is pretty and also very shallow. This is the network that is permanently on in the waiting room where I have my motor oil changed. I do not see the pair combing to form any intellectual prowess.

seven on April 30, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I saw him swagger in front of the King of Saudi Arabia, or was that a bow. I get that confused sometimes.

la.rt.wngr on April 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Time for Wolf and Jack to “swaga” onto the set.

Travis1 on April 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Joe Pyne on April 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

From the movie Airplane!:

Oh stewardess, I speak jive…

Jive in the court…

Liberty or Death on April 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Will CNN’s next piece be about how Michelle Obama is like Pam Grier’s “Foxy Brown” character?
Will they have a black woman on there talking about how black women can finally relate to a First Lady with a “ghetto booty”?

I hate the assumption that white people are lame and black people are cool. Examples: James Bond and Steve Urkel.

76United on April 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Time for Wolf and Jack to “swaga” onto the set.

Can’t imagine describing either of these two as having “swagger”. Can imagine them giving ole “Chrissy” some more tingles, though.

hillbilly on April 30, 2009 at 4:54 PM