Video: The freaky deakiest car chase ever?

posted at 6:48 pm on April 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

I was ready to goof on FNC for wasting airtime on this on a day when Specter, swine flu, and Scare Force One were all in the news. Then I watched the clip, replete with trademark Shep narration.

In hindsight, I probably would have spent more airtime on it.

Let me ask a possibly stupid question: What did the owner hope to accomplish by climbing onto the back of the truck? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Quite a nice spin on Specter from Shep. No mention of the fact that Specter was just fine with the “hijacked” party until his poll numbers came in.

amerpundit on April 28, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Wasn’t that the KEWLEST thing ever??? I am still trying to figure out how in the world did that driver got back there. Jumped in, just like he jumped out?

ProudPalinFan on April 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Probably what he did accomplish – calling the cops and letting them know where to find his truck. I’m betting this is an owner-operator.

Pablo on April 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM

By the way, did Shep say “go juice”?

amerpundit on April 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

By the way, did Shep say “go juice”?

amerpundit on April 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Shemp is suffering from dementia…

sven10077 on April 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Irony about a hijacked semi and Arlen Spector being hijacked ?

William Amos on April 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Classic Shep. Go Juice, Demons. Go Shep Go.

portlandon on April 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I’m betting this is an owner-operator.
Pablo on April 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM
Those cabs cost well over $150,000.
I would have done the same thing.. cops are practically worthless in finding any stolen item, even a truck. And there’s a hell of a lot to strip out.

TexasJew on April 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Remember the J-Lo “Bl*w Job” gaffe?

blatantblue on April 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Car chases, fun to watch idiots realize they can’t out run a radio or a helicopter, just hope they realize it before they kill someone!

Morons!

Liberty or Death on April 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Never know when might actually enjoy seeing the Georgia Highway Patrol…

Branch Rickey on April 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Pablo on April 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I know a few O/Os, and they will do anything to keep their rigs from getting jacked. My uncle kept a loaded Glock with him at all times for just that reason.

Sanjoboy on April 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

“Scare Force One”

Now THAT’S funny………….

Seven Percent Solution on April 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Carjacker: “Dammit, how do these cops keep finding me?”

James on April 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Oof. Right on his head when he bails out.

Dead Hand Control on April 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM

And…feh, I was supposed to drive up I-75 tomorrow. Now checking alternate routes….

James on April 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Apparently, the truck-jacker never saw Chris Rock’s public service announcement.

RobertInLexington on April 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I think the car chase with a tank down the streets of San Diego still wins.

Tacitus_SGL on April 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I give the Owner Operator a 10 plus on his jump. That was amazing…

catlady on April 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Shep Smith: “Get out of me, and give me back to the man that used to treat me right.”

Shep, we don’t care to hear about your private life.

keep the change on April 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

An Obama voter being stopped before the poles close in Pennsylvania.

lasertex on April 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

An Obama voter being stopped before the poles polls close in Pennsylvania.

lasertex on April 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Notice the perp was resisting, he’ll probably sue the cops, the city, the county, and the state for roughing him up because they’re RRRAAAAACCCCCIIIIISSSSTTT! and not because he committed a hijacking and resisted arrest!

Liberty or Death on April 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM

The symbolism is perfect! The truck was the GOP (note the red paint). The driver (a black man–coincidence? I think not) clearly represents Michael Steele. And the owner, of course, was poor, victimized Arlen Specter, forced to jump for his life from the runaway, dangerous beast that is the right-wing zealot, rampaging through the streets like a mad rhino and gouging deep troughs in our precious infrastructure! Oh, the humanity! (Note too that the compassionate police–emblematic of The State, no doubt–that saved him are clad, naturally, in Democrat blue.)

Blacklake on April 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM

RobertInLexington on April 28, 2009 at 7:07 PM

He, Rock is a left-tard but I love that video!

Liberty or Death on April 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I’ve seen freakier.

I’ve seen deakier.

Rhinoboy on April 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM

fox news just said that the owner threw himself onto the back of the truck and called 911 from there. the guy’s got stones, no doubt about that.

Shep, we don’t care to hear about your private life.

keep the change on April 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM

+10 awesome!

homesickamerican on April 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Allah

You keep using the phrase “freaky deaky” but I fear you don’t understand what it means.

Let me allow the urban dictionary to help me:

“To be in a heightened state of sexual arousal and performing strange, extreme, or unusual sexual acts.”

I think you mean simple “freaky” or “strange.”

Yeah…so…

Dr. Manhattan on April 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

The Obama base strikes again!

Mojave Mark on April 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM

In hindsight, I probably would have spent more airtime on it.

…and as long as the media keeps interrupting the news to report these stunts, we’ll see more of them as these lowlifes continue to try and get their fifteen minutes of fame.

RMCS_USN on April 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Pretty cool video, but Shep Smith is the most insufferable announcer on FOX.

cruadin on April 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Man…I knew Optimus Prime was tough, but this amazes even me!

JohnTant on April 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM

ROFL@Shep’s comment of:
“15 cops around him! Sir, it’s over, get out of the truck! We have other news!”

ViperPilot on April 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Too bad he couldn’t find an airline to break. If he could have once the air dropped below 60 PSI the maxi’s would have engaged and slowed to truck, possibly to a stop.

boomer on April 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Shemp, Shemp, Shemp…

d1carter on April 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I don’t see how this is freakier than OJ.

ronsfi on April 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I think the car chase with a tank down the streets of San Diego still wins.

Yeah. That one had a big finish. The guy who jacked the city bus in SD was pretty special too.

Pablo on April 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM

This just in from MSNBC:

Obama outraged over trans-corridor photo op gone awry. Says he thought the truck was equipped with “Them special wheels” like Cadillac one.

GoodBoy on April 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

We just got tired of CA stealing all the air time. We have homicidal professors and car chases that put those panty waists to shame.
You would have thought the big networks with their everything anti southern would have picked up on the fact that April is Confederate History Month in the south. You know how they love to pick on us rednecks.

Just A Grunt on April 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

There was a cool one around Dallas a few years ago. A guy in a bra, high heels and nothing else in a convertible. Now tell me that one wasn’t freaky. They had to blur the pictures from the helicopter.

TXMomof3 on April 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

LOL, “Why’s he holding his nose?” I’m sure the guy was covering his face in case any of that tire flew up and hit him.

DaveS on April 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Pretty cool video, but Shep Smith is the most insufferable announcer on FOX.

+1 Just god awful! I envy the guy on the truck – he didn’t have to hear Shep the whole time.

bagoh20 on April 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Amazing.

Those air line on the back of the rig?

If the guy cut or disconnected them the brakes would have locked up.

Any leak in the air system and the bakes are set you can’t move.

That’s why busses and trucks make that whoosss sound when they stop.

DSchoen on April 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Well, used, you could pick up a tractor like that for around $20-$30 grand used. Brand new, $100 grand plus. I can’t get prices for the tires anywhere. I guess if you have to ask…

Mazztek on April 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Dr. Manhattan on April 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I’ve learned not to inquire too deeply into what Allah might indeed consider ‘freaky deaky.’

James on April 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Can’t a brotha get some stimulus round here?

OkieDoc on April 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I tried to watch this but Shep Smith’s “commentary” led me to go and clean my toenails out instead…

Fortunata on April 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Can’t we all just get along?

csdeven on April 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Very funny comments here…

What kept me glued to the TV was that front rim with no tire, the bottom front dragged on the hwy, and the gas tank right next to everything…I explained to my son, a single spark, it would be definitely a big BOOM! Not a funny thing to watch on TV.

Plus, the two choppers, the one filming and the other one that flew below pretty close. On a prior car chase I saw on Fox as well, narrated by Shep of course, there was a helicopter accident and the dude that was being chased was also accused of that pilot’s death.

ProudPalinFan on April 29, 2009 at 7:32 AM

The owner-operator WAS brave to climb on the back of the truck. If the hijacker was armed, he could have taken the truck someplace off a back road and shot the owner, but if the owner had a cell phone, he could use it to alert the police to his location. But he didn’t have his thinking cap on when he jumped off facing the rear, while the truck was moving forward (albeit slowly). He should have been facing forward, so he could land on his hands, instead of his back.

I don’t have the sound here at work, only the video. I’m wondering, did the cops shoot out the tires? It seems like a good way to stop a vehicle heavier than cop cars…

Steve Z on April 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I loved when the back tire came off around the 2:50 mark or so, Shep says, “Whoopie Doo!” That just killed me.

Torch on April 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Obama’s president now, supporters are getting in yo faces, gettin their share.

Alden Pyle on April 29, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Nobody narrates car chases like Shep. Nobody. ;-)

Sign me up for the 24-hour car chase channel today!!

itzWicks on April 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM