Then why be on Twitter at all?

posted at 8:46 am on April 21, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

There are two phenomena that I confess to not “getting” these days: Twitter and Meghan McCain.  Both of them seem to be fun and diverting, but neither seem to serve much purpose outside of entertainment.  Both converged in an odd story which made me wonder exactly what Ms. McCain thinks that Twitter does:

“Karl Rove follows me on Twitter. That’s creepy,” she said. “I joined Twitter a few months ago; so far, it has been a liberating way to transition from political to personal blogging. It’s allowed me to share the less serious aspects and humorously uncensored moments of my life. But there’s also been a downside: I am now being followed by Karl Rove, and my local sheriff, and God knows how many other political pundits. We need to take Twitter back from the creepy people.”

Joe Gandelman gushes that Meghan has “taken on” Karl Rove, and I suppose she has … in the most content-free way possible.  In her post, she never describes any “creepy” behavior on the part of Rove.  In fact, the only thing she has to say about Rove specifically is this:

On the surface, Karl Rove’s Twitter feed intrigues me. Here’s a guy who for years has been perceived as some kind of inaccessible man-behind-the-curtain figure. And now he Tweets numerous times a day. I’ve never met him in person, which only makes our Twitter relationship even weirder. And to be honest, I find Rove’s Tweets boring. Sometimes he takes questions; other times he talks about his appearances on cable news and other shows. But he doesn’t say anything substantive.

So Megan started out following Rove’s tweets, found them boring, and apparently stopped following them.  That’s certainly no big deal; I did the same with Meghan’s tweets, which may be fascinating to some but are almost entirely content-free updates on her personal likes and dislikes.  Which is fine, of course — that’s pretty much what you get with a 140-character limit.  But I’d say, after following Meghan McCain myself for a while, that having her complain about substance-free Twitter feeds is somewhat akin to having Paris Hilton complain about the incredible lightness of being Nicole Ritchie.

Besides, isn’t the point of posting Twitter updates to attract a following?  She created the Twitter feed to get people to read her updates.  Unless I’ve missed some key feature at Twitter, there isn’t exactly a screening process for followers to hurdle to add a feed to their list, so I don’t think that there’s anything “creepy” about one user following another.  Not to overdo the analogies, but that’s like belting out a show tune at a karaoke joint and then complaining about all the attention you got.

What Ms. McCain really did was take a cheap shot at someone who doesn’t enjoy a great deal of popularity, and the only reason some people cheered it was because they don’t like him, either.  It’s mean-spirited and highly calculated to make herself one of the Kool Kidz.

I don’t consider any of the followers on my account (prosaically named EdMorrissey) to be creepy.  In fact, I think they’re all brilliant, good-looking, and terribly witty.  But if I was inclined to consider Twitter followers “creepy”, perhaps I’d just rethink whether I want to Twitter at all.  Given the rate at which I update my feed, most of my followers probably already think I have.

Addendum: I’ve finally begun using TweetDeck, which I really like for its ability to organize different messages and search threads.  On my new T-Mobile Dash, I’m using Twikini, which works very well for the relative newbie that I am.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Her father’s daughter.

Griz on April 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Ed’s update is a good promo that almost encourages the reader to dive on in to tweet.

It’s MEGHAN that sucks.

John McCain can be proud of his daughter, a father’s “right” so long as she isn’t a murderer.

But what have John and Meghan done to the former McCain family honor and legacy as worthy strategists?

Meghan, as John’s daughter, exemplifies John today; she is Neo. Get past their obvious progressive ideological demise of the GOP and their disregard for what John’s father represented. John and Meghan McCain have stunted minds; they are inept. Their political aspirations are meant to hide their absolute inadequacies, covered with progressive BS.

maverick muse on April 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Twit this.

Allahpundit progressively hearts Meghan.

maverick muse on April 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Her father’s daughter.

Griz on April 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

But NOT her paternal grandfather’s.

maverick muse on April 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Allahpundit ♥ Meghan

carbon_footprint on April 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Honestly, I don’t know what happened to her. Stranglet appeared as she disappeared though.

Coincidence?

hawkdriver on April 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM

lol…I won’t repeat the name anymore, promise.

You’ve been busy, but strange’s been around for a while in these here parts and her tone and writing style bear stark contrast to..”the one who shall not be mentioned”. Strange also manages to make “points” if you will, without personal insults. She’s on a One-Woman-Mission to take down Glenn Beck–LOL.

RepubChica on April 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

This woman is becoming a joke!

KBird on April 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM

That girl is the punchline butt of a stale old fart.

maverick muse on April 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Meghan does to McCain as Cindy did to Sheehan.

maverick muse on April 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM

If I’m looking for some content-free entertainment, I google Jamie Eason images.

‘Cause I’m cool like that.

Traffic Cop Timmy on April 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM

This skanky chick has a room temperature IQ – not too much less than her father’s, I suspect.

And, like her father for the 7 years preceding his lopsided loss in 2008, she is only newsworthy because she criticizes the GOP for having Reaganesque values (to the very limited extent that it still claims any scintilla of conservatism).

I am tired of liberal second generation Gen-Xers (Allesandra (or whatever her name is) Pelosi) being given air time as a sole result of their last names.

For my political analysis, I look to Bristol Palin.

molonlabe28 on April 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Is she quite possibly the stupidest female out there?

ctmom on April 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM

For my political analysis, I look to Bristol Palin.

molonlabe28 on April 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM

You mean Piper Palin, right?

Traffic Cop Timmy on April 21, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I know she likes black and all, being cool unlike us fuddy duddys but every day and nothing else?

Is she a member of Momenchance or something?

Rocks on April 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I’m following Ed now! Please don’t be creeped out!

JellyToast on April 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Meghan is creepy. THAT is your brain on peroxide!

(At least this was not a gushing, blushing AP post, but can’t you use a muppet instead oh Meghan’s snout?)

clnurnberg on April 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM

The Apples don’t fall far from the tree!

Can we have a few less MCain posts and a few more Palin/Plumber ones!

The McCain clan makes me ill. To think I gave $50.00 to daddy makes me want to puke!
What an effective, inarticulate, useless, pandering old fool!

Hey Meghan, why not suspend your Twitter and do something really cool like …….. I better not say it. Just move on.

dhunter on April 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Is that actually allah on Twitter conversing with McCain? If so, how embarassing. He defends her, then talks down to her, then she rebuffs him numerous times.

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM

oopps Ineffective

dhunter on April 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM

RepubChica on April 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

She has also become a walking ad for LGF or Charles Johnson specifically. Link crazy.

Cindy Munford on April 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop posting what this idiotic moron bimbo says….I don’t care any more what she says than OLBERMAN or other such mindless idiots….

She speaks for no one and I am tired of hearing her opinion as much as I cared for Lindsay Lohan during the election….birds of a feather…

SDarchitect on April 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM

mccain’s twitter: “So excited I don’t have to work today! Yeah for Sunday!”

She actually works? Or does she “work?”

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Someone find this Twit a boyfriend so she goes away. I will start the niominations with Allahpundit and Levi Johnson(Palins Old Boyfriend?)

Someone to keep her barefoot, pregnant and her mouth shut!

Come on Allah do it for the cause, for your country, or for your sex life!

dhunter on April 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Then why be on Twitter at all?

Attention whore?

fourstringfuror on April 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Oh dear God, she ‘tweets’ to ‘Tila Tequila’

@officialTila Girl, why do you do that to yourself?!? I’m totally jet lagged 2…ughh. Did you stay up all night singing again :-)

Honestly, how is anyone taking her seriously?

Yes, this is what I want of the GOP- bratty rich girls who say the F word every other sentence, cover themselves in tattoos while begging for gay marriage, bashing conservative values, and loving in pot-smoking Kevin Smith while messaging people with names like “Tequila.”

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

For Meg-Meg’s next trick, she’ll criticize Oprah for eating too many cookies.

Jim Treacher on April 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Oh dear God, she ‘tweets’ to ‘Tila Tequila’

Honestly, how is anyone taking her seriously?

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

/thread

daesleeper on April 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I’m at terminal annoyance level with Meghan McCain. She’s actually complaining that Karl Rove follows her?

I think its great that she craps on Rove. Because we all know what a horrible job Rove does running campaigns. After all, it was Rove’s man Bush who never won election or reelection to the White House. It was McCain who valiantly served two terms as leader of the free world, thanks to not using Rove….

oh wai-

Vincenzo on April 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Yea, there’s something a little creepy about this interest in Meghan too, like why does what she does or doesn’t do matter to anyone? What is her relevance? I don’t get it. And if I’m not mistaken, can’t you block your followers on Twitter? Sorry, but this isn’t worthy of a post IMHO.

scalleywag on April 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Meghan McCain=Paris Hilton(only fatter)

Deanna on April 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Meghan McCain=Paris Hilton(only fatter)

Deanna on April 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Paris has a successful perfume line, Meghan is a Paris Hilton wannabee….maybe you meant Perez Hilton?

clnurnberg on April 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM

“It’s creepy how Meghan McCain follows me around and says bad stuff about me. She’s some kind of obsessed stalker who thinks we have a thing going on.”

-The Republican Party

daryl_herbert on April 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM

So Meg Mac thinks it’s “creepy” to be “followed” on Twitter by Karl Rove? Considering the political success of the candidates they support, Meg Mac should “follow” the Architect, not vice versa–she could learn a thing or two.
This McCain mutiny could end up sinking the ship!

Sounds like a better idea to tweet over to Twitter and “follow” Karl Rove and Ed Morrissey!

Steve Z on April 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Just so you don’t have to promote yourself, I recommend that everyone read this guy’s latest blog post. Pretty hysterical.

Sir Corky on April 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Wow. Thank you, Sir Corky – I blog as KO on there and I owe you one. If three people from HotAir click over, it will double our readership.

LibTired on April 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

# Everyone should follow @ThatKevinSmith , he is obsessed with hockey and having sex with his wife. Highly entertaining/cute…about 10 hours ago from web

This is why this and Twitter are a total joke. 90% of these are arranged for and done by PR people. Speaking of which how pathetic has Kevin Smith become that he needs a shout out from Meghan McCain of all people?

Rocks on April 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Odd & old formulation, smells like Pat McCormick.

Numerous times a day! How Tweet is it? !!!
Doc, play us out. We’ll be right back folks.

Stephen M on April 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Rocks on April 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

He seems to spend ALL of his time smoking pot. He has a young daughter, so that’s worrisome- in his book he mentioned several instances of smoking pot with his wife while the kid was running around the house somewhere.

Maybe he can make another idiot stoner movie, since he’s finally become a character out of one of his own movies.

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Meghan McCain and her father need to be booted OUT of the Republican Party.

They are like people who call themselves Catholic and then spend their whole life fighting against everything Catholics believe.

There already is a LEFT party in the country, Meghan, join it now and make everybody happy.

Elizabetty on April 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

McCain: “off to Congressman Kolbe’s house, will share deets later! xoxo”

If I were a congressman who had to meet with this twit who promised to mentioned the “deets” of our meeting, I’d kill myself.

TheBlueSite on April 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM

This just in from McCain’s twitter page:

“I’m going to have ice cream for dessert at lunch time.”

“Tag in my shirt itches. Should I cut it off?”

“We have to turn left at the next light. I hate that.”

Kevin M on April 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Oh, by the way, Meg Mac’s latest post on Twitter promises a “Howard” to go on his show but keep her clothes on. Wonder what show she wants to do where others take their clothes off?

Yeah, Karl Rove needs to keep an eye on her. Where’s her Daddy these days?

Steve Z on April 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I wish this twit would just shut the tweet up — I can’t stand her, she is an annoying moderate who will never win anything except the favor of idiots and left-wing trolls.

Richard Romano on April 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM

But he doesn’t say anything substantive.

Oh, that is rich. Meghan McCain is an unserious woman who – with the support of people who enjoy intellectual train wrecks – labors under the delusion that she has something serious to say.

She advocates for nothing so much as her own self-worth, which is the scandal of this type of woman because she is in a real position to do something about the people and causes she professes to care about but she appears unwilling or incapable of bending her thoughts to a subject outside herself or how it might relate to her.

Threshing Flora on April 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Man, she’s annoying.

CP on April 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Twitter sux.

getalife on April 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

The only reason Moomoo McCain twitters is because it shares the first three letters with twinkie.

Seriously her 15 minutes of fame were up when HER DADDY LOST THE ELECTION by being a wimp and not fighting for US!

Put this cow out to pasture.

No Rhinos…not even rhinos in fat chick suits.

and once again, allow me to shine the cold hard light of a democrat on this…her only qualification is that her parents didn’t abort her.

BillaryMcBush on April 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

getalife on April 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

You’d fit right in. You can barely manage more than 140 characters at a time anyway. It’s pretty much your only saving characteristic, actually.

Jim Treacher on April 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM

How badly does Meghan McCain crash when the attention stops, she realizes she’s the Macarena and nobody cares about her anymore?

Wingo on April 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Com’on now, we all know that Meghan is secretly flattered that Rove is ‘following’ her(if he is). Never been on or read Twitter and don’t plan to, but seems to me, if she doesn’t like it she can quit any time. She won’t though because she thrives on the attention.

jeanie on April 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Twitter is awesome.
I follow the President.
He’s logged off for months.

carbon_footprint on April 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

-The Republican Party

daryl_herbert on April 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Classic! The sad thing is she’ll probably end up reading some of these posts, get hurt feelings, and run teary-eyed over to the Democrats, who will of course make a BFD out of her ‘defection…’

CaptFlood on April 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

why is the moron on tv and why did i give her father my hard earned money? for someone who complained about people she didn’t know mocking her appearance, she sure is taking cheap shots at someone she’s never met.

anna on April 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM

-The Republican Party

bwah! excellent.

anna on April 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM

It’s become very apparent, that Meghan has a need for attention. So go to the group most likely to lavish her in it. The democrats. She panders to them, and gets attention, they use her, and will spew her, when they’re finished with her. It’s just one big game, and Meghan is the stupid pawn. To bad she’s not smart enough to see it. Take the chip off your shoulder, Meghan, it’s very unattractive.

capejasmine on April 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM

capejasmine on April 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM

There is a school of thought among celebrities, which says that bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. I believe this is at the heart of her problem; the need for attention, and the need to complain about getting it.

Does anyone know if this women goes to college, or has some kind of job? Does she support herself by living off the old man’s money and trolling for TV appearances? “We need to take Twitter back from the creepy people” may seem like an apt statement, when you’re half her age.

Until then, it’s safe to say that Meghan McCain puts the “twit” in “Twitter.”

manwithblackhat on April 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM

getalife on April 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Jim Treacher on April 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM

ZING! Went the strings…

Traffic Cop Timmy on April 21, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Just how is it that Mr. Rove’s following Ms. McCain is any creepier than anyone else following her? Is there menacing music that plays each time he tweets? Evil chuckles fill the air? Sinister birds flap and caw? What?

And heck, Rove probably follows everyone–he even follows me, for Heaven’s sake. Nothing creepy about it that I can see.

stoutcat on April 21, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Can someone tell me when we’re going to have the Garafolo vs Meghan McCain Superfight thread?

I’d be willing to photoshop gargantuan versions of both of them razing Tokyo Godzilla-style for the cover-image.

Tacitus_SGL on April 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Two questions…

1. Why would anyone care what Meghan McCain has to say?

2. Can you imagine 4 years of MM in the headlines if her father had one?

I held my nose and voted for McCain thinking that he would be the lesser of two evils. Now, I’m not so sure. We complain about the media not vetting B.O. but they really dropped the ball on this one!

GrayDog on April 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

In fact, I think I’ll twitter about this.

stoutcat on April 21, 2009 at 11:50 AM

A little off-topic, but Drudge reporting that the Founder of the Minutemen is supposed to challenge Juan McCain for his Senate seat…developing status.

Where do I send my money?

ex-Democrat on April 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I made the mistake of reading a few of the exchanges between Allahpundit and “Meggie Mac”. Suffice it to say that my opinion of McCain’s silliness is confirmed and my opinion of AP has tanked.

AP is NOT kidding when he calls himself a beta male. I was embarrassed for him.

The whole thing makes me squeamish.

Redhead Infidel on April 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM

MM’s just channeling her father.

GrayDog on April 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I’m all atwitter.

carbon_footprint on April 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

She started following Rove first. With most public twitters, if you follow them, they’ll add you and follow you. That’s most likely how he ended up following her in the first place.

Secondly, if you find someone to be creepy, there is the option to block that person so they can’t follow your twitter feed any more.

She’s either ignorant and doesn’t yet realize how Twitter works in spite of using it for quite some time, or she’s counting on the rest of us to be ignorant of how it works in order to insult an unpopular public figure.

JadeNYU on April 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM

She’s either ignorant and doesn’t yet realize how Twitter America works in spite of using it for quite some time

FTFY

Jim Treacher on April 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I will not make a fat joke…..
I will not make a fat joke…..
I will not make a fat joke…..
I will not make a fat joke………

omnipotent on April 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Meghan is as vapid and vacuous as any Hollywood twit reveling in her fifteen minutes. The liberal media eats it up because ultimately they can use her as their poster child for everything which is wrong with the Republican party. She speaks the intellectual honesty of an eight year old and I apologize in advance for those of you who have eight year olds…kids, especially entitlement babies, say the darndest things.

omnipotent – go ahead…do it. You know you want to…

PatriotPete on April 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM

LibTired on April 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

No problem, but since there’s been a new blog post since I posted that, let me clarify that I was talking about the handshake post. Good stuff.

Sir Corky on April 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

LibTired on April 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

No problem, but since there’s been a new post since I said that, let me clarify that this was the post I was referring to:

It made me chuckle.

Sir Corky on April 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Dammit, I even re-opened the page to see if that first one had gone through or not and it didn’t show up. Don’t worry, I’ll lash myself.

Sir Corky on April 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I was mean to MegMac. Will AllahPundit forgive me?

Stickeehands on April 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

How about Carrie Prejean (Miss California USA) instead of self-appointed Meghan McCain as the voice of young Republicans? Carrie looks great in a bikini (I cringe at the thought of how Meghan would look in one) and Carrie’s dad has to be cooler.

bw222 on April 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thanks Ed, you are creative and awesome family man, which is the reason I follow you and the boss!! BTW I will remind you of baby pics you owe us!!!

Thanks for the TweetDeck I was unsure about it, on the iPod Touch I have the Tweetie.

Meghan, I knew she was Twittering but never bothered to follow her…more interesting to follow my dog smell bushes for leftovers (ykwim). There, I said it!

ProudPalinFan on April 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Sir Corky on April 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

No lashing necessary. They were about me.

Seriously, thanks for the linkage. I’m glad you dug the post.

LibTired on April 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

She is an attention seeker, nothing more. The next “Octomom”, IMO. The “block” function really does work too so that’s always an option. But, then what would she have to write about? Especially since she is still following Rove. Yea, she’s really creeped out by him. LOL

Conservative_SAHM on April 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

She’s the girl in class who gets eye rolls and groans every time she raises her hand to say something to the professor.

Drop out already Meghan!!!!!!

Ingenue on April 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

DEAR GOD, SHE IS JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Ghoul aid on April 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM

MegatonsShut Up! STFU!

You are making Kiefy UberdouchemanN cry because you went to Columbia and he could only get into Cornell Ag School. Tweet about that….

Branch Rickey on April 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM

McShamnesty’s daughter is so fat……

Her twitter keys are the size of a phone book.

csdeven on April 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Doesn’t she know she is being used by the left??

Mmmm, maybe she likes being used by the left. What other real job would she have right now if she wasn’t out there talking about the republican party??

texasconserv on April 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM

ED: It’s mean-spirited and highly calculated to make herself one of the Kool Kidz.

This is a good observation Ed. I thought the first episode with going after An Coulter was something similar. I tried in my 40ish male way to remember how college and high school girls establish credibility and popularity with each other and these things start to make some sense. The nasty bitch in the group will try and promote themselves by pointing out something unlikable about someone else like their hair makeup or similar trivial thing. For whatever strange reason other girls will join the pig-pile and the one who started the put down meme gets to be queen for the moment as they run the put down session. Meghan does this repeatedly.

Another thing she does is state her numerous gay friends or something else that is designed to promote her popularity and thus we are all suppose to want to be part of her group as she is “popular” with all the Kool Kidz.

It is all juvenile and not even high school in its design. We need to shame this girl off the stage because the CNN’s of the world will be all to happy to promote her in the absence of her being denounced as a representative of conservatives and Republicans.

Conan on April 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Prostitute complains about ugly men that want to sleep with her.

Sorry if anyone already brought up this analogy.

Immolate on April 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Addendum: I’ve finally begun using TweetDeck, which I really like for its ability to organize different messages and search threads. On my new T-Mobile Dash, I’m using Twikini, which works very well for the relative newbie that I am.

radiofreevillage on April 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I can’t help but wonder what Janeane Garofalo thinks of this.

benny shakar on April 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Kevin M on April 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Priceless!

Connie on April 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

“What’s brown and sounds like a bell?”
“Dung”
What has bubbles in it and sounds like a bell?
Bong.
What is blond and sounds like a bong with dung in it?
Oh crap… Did I say that out loud?

RalphyBoy on April 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

She prolly wears a thong and then complains everyone’s looking at her backside.

ronsfi on April 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Meg wants to punish the Republican party for not electing her father and requiring him to choose a ‘Neanderthal-thinking’ rube for VP.
She is, in effect, the real-life version of an internet troll.

TinMan13 on April 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Then why be on Twitter at all?

Dear Meghan McCain: I’m not following you. On the contrary. But I do have to let you know, I really think you’re a conceited, misguided, and stupid twit. Best thing you can do, would be to crawl back under a rock, with all the rest of the scorpions in Arizona. Because in all do honesty, nobody really a gives a rats-ass about you!

byteshredder on April 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM

It doesn’t matter who follows you on Twitter – you can’t read what people write unless you follow them – so Meghan is following Karl Rove and whining about it.

Of course, of the rich, spoiled brat brigade, I find her more vacuous and vicious than most. The left is loving using her for their entertainment – good thing mommy has enough money for therapy when they drop her.

Flag Gazer on April 22, 2009 at 12:12 PM