Obama on Chavez’s book: “I think it was a nice gesture”

posted at 7:37 pm on April 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

No, it wasn’t a “nice gesture,” as The One very well knows. It was a cheap stunt designed to put him on the spot so that Chavez can crow when he gets home about having confronted los Yanquis with evidence of their imperialist crimes. Obama can’t call him out, though, lest our precious nascent “dialogue” with Venezuela be jeopardized, so he’s forced to swallow hard and play the stooge. Good work, Barry. Note too the vague, politic rhetoric to describe Chavez’s long history of evil clownishness. If you’re not sure what he means by “interference” that’s a “source of concern,” let me spell it out: He’s talking about funding Marxist terrorists who’ve held Americans hostage for years on end. Mentioning that might spoil the dialogue, too.

As for his point that talking to Venezuela doesn’t hurt American strategic interests, that might be true or it might not — John Ensign, for one, seems to disagree, and we’ll have to see how the detente plays in South America — but Bush holding hands with the Wahhabi king wasn’t exactly a clear and present danger to the U.S. either and that fact didn’t seem to console the left (or right). It’s not a question of jeopardizing national security, it’s a question of conferring legitimacy upon a cretin who, in a just world, would be radioactively illegitimate. If Obama’s going to do that, the least he can do is not play dumb about it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Our President has changed the game moving forward in the 21st century. Cons are stuck in the last century.

Well done sir.

getalife on April 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I thought Jimmy Carter already did that back in the late ’70s?

ddrintn on April 19, 2009 at 10:13 PM

SteveMG on April 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM

You ask a very good question:

If these rulers don’t care about the opinions of their own people, why would they be concerned about outsiders?

Why couldn’t any of the media come up with that?

He’s taking quite a gamble.

With our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor, and the generations yet to come.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:13 PM

In the leftist game of Let’s Pretend cultural equivalence includes All Leaders Are Entitled To Equal Respect- Even Communist Dictators who deny their citizens basic human rights. (And except of course leaders like the hated Bush- a leader who actually promoted human rights with actions, like no other).

Even I was surprised by the warmth in Obama’s smile when he greeted Chavez. It looked genuine. Sick.

Basilsbest on April 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Upstater85 on April 19, 2009 at 10:12 PM

That’s why I’m back here!

I just saw the following article on top of Yahoo News:
Signs he’s really into you

This emergency news is right followed by:

Obama says reaching out to enemies strengthens US

I started to read the MSM story line about weakness is strength, but then I wondered whether I could use the dating article to determine whether our president is really into us. (As in US, you know what I mean?)

It makes for interesting reading, actually.

As near as I can tell from the behavior I should be looking for, Obama isn’t really into us.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Just playing hard to get…

Upstater85 on April 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I don’t remember much about the 70′s except Carter coming on TV and scaring the crap out of me. I really believed I was going to freeze to death after seeing him on television in that sweater telling us to turn our thermostats down. I thought we had run out whatever the stuff was that made my house warm. I’m starting to get the same scared feeling about Obama, except now I’m an adult and can understand the ramifacations of his actions and my mom, if she were still her, wouldn’t be able to soothe my fears this time. Lord save us all from those who believe all cultures and leaders are equal if we just use less of the world’s resources and hug it out long enough.

church on April 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I assume that someone well versed in Spanish is going to translate what the Venezulan TV reporter is saying wrt the Obama/Chavez one on one (w/a translator) (see Drudge)

The non-verbals look interesting..does O like to talk more than Hugo? It could have been a well done dressing down…basically you are not helping your cause by giving a book like that.

Or something else????

r keller on April 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Just playing hard to get…

Upstater85 on April 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM

No. Obama has himself. And he sold his image to us. Now he doesn’t really need us anymore. At least not until 2012. So, Obama’s not really into us.

1. He actively takes an interest in you and what you have to say

Well, Obama claims he didn’t know about the tea parties. Bad sign there.

2. He’s forthcoming. He wants you to know about him

Not his college records. Obama seems to want us to know all the nice things he says about himself.

3. He’ll mark his territory

Obama acting protective about US? Don’t make me laugh!

5. He’ll check you out. You’ll bring out his spy skills in a good way

That’s what I’m afraid of: him checking me out. I’m already on the DHS list as a right-wing extremist.

[See what I mean? Obama is just not into us!]

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:33 PM

This I really want to see. I think he was a C student. I know his type on campus. Silent, loners – aloof. They act all academic, but struggle keeping up their GPA.

Upstater85 on April 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Whatever medication you are on that reduces your expression of thought to three words at a time….do a google search for the LD50, multiply that by two, then ingest it.

daesleeper on April 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Folks, we have the ability to kill off this troll by not feeding it. Responses when it says something that expresses our viewpoint (like the comment about the Obama Doctrine being to talk to people and take books) may be helpful in making it shrivel up and die, but trying to engage it will only make it grow stronger.

AZfederalist on April 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM

This guy is sickening. He is creepy, arrogant and sickening. Even his smile is disturbing. When he does that big grin,, he reminds you of a little boy who is so happy with all the attention he’s getting at his birthday party.

JellyToast on April 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM

7. He’s always planning ahead

Is Obama planning ahead, to make sure we don’t get away? Or, is he just bumbling along with his own agenda, thinking that as long as he has the MSM, he doesn’t need us?

8. He’s attentive.

Obama promised us roses and sunshine and everybody loving us. What we got was pork, pork, pork, pork, massive debt, pork, pork and some pork.

9. He’ll blow off his buddies to be with you

He brought all his Chicago buddies with him!

10. Acts of selflessness. He’ll take one for the team of you and him

Personally, I think it’s the other way around. We’re going to take one for him.

You see? Obama is really not into US!

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM

You get back to my quandary. Is Obama dangerously naive, inexperienced and incompetent? Or, is he dangerously anti-American and left-wing?

I don’t know yet. I just know he is dangerous.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 9:42 PM

With all due respect (and I mean that sincerely) to AP, he is wrong about this one.

I agree that some of the criticism of Mr. Obama has been nitpicking and/or overdone, i.e., the other giftgiving episodes were mildly humorous, but certainly had no real significance. There are other examples.
However, this one is a little different. The reason Obama didn’t protest isn’t because (in AP’s words) “he can’t call him out,…lest our precious nascent “dialogue” with Venezuela be jeopardized”. Rather the reason why Obama didn’t protest is because he basically agrees with the premises of Galeano’s book.
Obama didn’t hang out with Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers because they smoked the same brand of cigarettes as him-he hung out with them because they share the same world view. And that, needless to say, is the world view of the radical left.
How many times do people have to be hit in the face with examples until they realize it? This is just one more.
I can’t feel high and mighty because it took a while for me to get it (and I really should have known better-thankfully I hadn’t yet registered to comment here or I’d be even more embarrased).
Mr. Obama didn’t even have to “call out” Chavez, all he had to do is say, “well I appreciate the gift, even if I don’t agree with its premises”.
But he didn’t even do that much, did he? And he was willing to take this little slap in the face in the name of all of us (of course to him it wasn’t a slap at all, which makes it very easy.)

AMY GOODMAN: Your response to the election of Barack Obama as president.
EDUARDO GALEANO: Yes, yes. Well, as almost everybody else, I’m happy about it.

Zinn, Chomsky, Ehrlich, Lovins, Singer, etc, etc. These are the textbooks of this administration. If you want to know what Mr. Obama is about, don’t waste your time on his own disingenuous and overblown books-read Zinn, Chomsky et. al. instead.

Dreadnought on April 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Wow, an adult in the room.

Well said.

getalife on April 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Hey, wasteofalife, just because someone is an adult doesn’t mean they know what the hell they are doing. Barry is the perfect example. So, stop pretending you have some brilliant insight.

Fed45 on April 19, 2009 at 10:47 PM

The news on the ABC site is that this book shot up to number one, or two on Amazon…anyway, the Lib commenters are going on and on about what a great book it is, etc., but if they’ve already read it, then why is it they feel the need to buy it again?

Doesn’t pass the smell test.

I suspect that ACORN members are going to get themselves a free book in the mail soon.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 19, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Dreadnought on April 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Wow! You obviously have not been drinking the koolaid. That was a very good and well written analysis.

Thanks!

To some, there will never be enough hitting America in the face.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Obama, he came he saw, he really doesn’t belong on this playing field so out of his depths…where is his team to keep The Parrot Lover Chavez at arms length? Really I could understand Chavez walking no closer then say 10 or 20 feet…I mean our Congress had to get shots to go to a NASCAR race remember. The Secret Service can claim they are not sure about Chavez’s parrot you know bird flu :) Sorry there shorty you are going to have to stay behind the colored line, take a number, we are now serving Brazil.

Dr Evil on April 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Wow, a adult getalife in the room.

buyavowel on April 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Be careful with that twang bar.

A getalife is a terrible thing to waste.

Del Dolemonte on April 19, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I have an idea. From now on “has no life” should have his posting name at the top so any one not interested can just go on to the next post.
He/she is too chicken sh.. to answer any question in any rational manner. Typical lib who does a hit and split…just like my effed up relatives.

arnold ziffel on April 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I can’t stand this SOB anymore. I have not agreed with previous presidents but this dufuss takes the cake. What an arrogant a$$hole. Is there a picture of him anywhere not looking down his nose at us peasants? The only thing he has going for him is that it is Biden, Pelosi, and Sheets waiting in line. God! Which is worse? I sure hope America wakes up in 2010 and 2012.

Dingbat63 on April 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I don’t have time to read all the comments. I’ll just say:

This is disgusting and a disgrace.

I agree with everyone who said some variation of this above. I disagree with the rest.

INC on April 19, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Allow me to give you the answer, as I see it.

The GOP is so divided it couldn’t win a pissing contest right now with a bunch of kindergartners in a sandbox on the play ground, hell they would steal your lunch money. All you have to do is read the comments here and on other blogs. One group wants this, another group wants that, and then still some other group wants something else and everyone is calling everyone else names and talking sh*t about them instead of working together….

I am damn near 60 years old, a disabled Vet and a conservative, am I the only one that sees this?

That is my answer, now you all can take a dump on me, I’m a big boy, I can take it.

Fire away children.

Old Hippie Vet on April 19, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Well I’ll disagree, and I’m over 60 so maybe I can’t answer but I’ll try.
We didn’t lose the election because we’re divided, the Dems have just as may separate groups, if not more. They vie for their piece of the pie all the time and often leave the party.

We lost because we didn’t have the political machinery and the will to win. Politics is a dirty business, I know, I’ve seen it from the inside. And McCain’s wanting to be above it all was BS. As Repubs and Conservatives we somehow think as long as we are right about something we’re going to win. Well politics isn’t a Little League game. It’s not about how you played the game but if you won. It takes tons of hard work, a strong sotmach, intensive drive, and not being afraid to get down and dirty once in a while. That’s how successful politicians get things done, good or bad, like it or not.

Yep, we’re lazy and we want to be loved. And that is how we got stuck with a sock puppet controlled by others who weren’t lazy and could care less about being loved.

Deanna on April 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM

And McCain’s wanting to be above it all was BS.

Deanna on April 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Deanna is so right. This is also what did Bush in, in the polls. He tried to play nice while he was being slandered constantly, and it lead him to barely winning in 04, and hurting the GOP brand overall. I mean, WTF was he thinking by not blasting the Dems who called him a “liar” on WMDs, when all of the Dem party leaders had made the case for WMDs in Iraq for 13 f-ing years, leading up to the war!!! That’s just one example, but a major one, where we are hurt by trying to stay “out of the gutter”.

While I obviously don’t want us to be “in the gutter”, it is at our own peril that we stay out of it, because the massive media machine running propaganda for the other side is incredibly powerful. A great example would be if you asked every lib you know who was behind the Community Reinvestment Act, and who was behind the expansion of it. Or how about if you asked who TRULY balanced the budget in the 90s, against great opposition. Also, who asked no less than 17 times for Fanny/Freddie reform, and who in the Senate introduced a bill for the same.

Sorry folks, but we can’t just “take the high road”. It obviously does not work.

RightWinged on April 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Ditto.

Jaibones on April 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:06 PM

To be clear: I’m not sure if Obama’s an idiot or an overt enemy, but I don’t really care. He’s a stooge, as AP put it.

Jaibones on April 19, 2009 at 11:28 PM

RightWinged on April 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I agree with your post. I personally am done trying to play nice in the political sandbox. It’s time I started throwing some sand at some of these creeps.

KickandSwimMom on April 19, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Upstater85 on April 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM

`
There is no member of his Columbia class who remembers him as being there at all and will publicly confirm it.
`
We can be certain his undergraduate transcripts are weaker than George W. Bush’s, else they would have been paraded before us. The likelihood is that he was admitted on some sort of special status through his friends associated with Columbia, and allowed to earn hours for outside work.
`
We know for sure he did not graduate with honors, because those graduates are named publicly and Obama was not. However, even Ivy League undergrads need at least a “cum laude” to have a chance at Harvard Law, so we can reasonably deduce Obama was an Affirmative Action admission.
`
Similarly, as Editor of Harvard’s Law Review, he published only one article of his own, which merely summarized liberal talking points in favor of a “right to abortion.” This opportunity to establish himself as a legal thinker (and dramatically increase the number and level of offers he would receive upon graduation) was completely squandered. Why?
`
Again, his “Constitutional Law Professorship” entailed only the duties of a visiting lecturer, who would typically not be retained for years and years and granted the status Obama enjoyed without publishing a single article, ever.
`
Welcome to the Affirmative Action Presidency. So far, it’s working out about as well as Affirmative Action Brain Surgery might . . .
God help America.

Adjoran on April 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2009

I hope you are prepared for Iranian Wookies.

And, if that’s not enough to get your eyes rolling, here’s part of the caption:

They were addressed by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who praised them for preserving the region’s stability and security.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Just goes to show that Barry’s in way over his head. After he’s kicked in the ass a couple of times, he may learn. It took Kennedy only once. As for the ‘gift’. Call it Karma. You give shitty gifts, you get one. Hint to Barry: You should have given Hugo a used condom.

GarandFan on April 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM

My God, just got in and read this. Am I living in an alternate Universe? A nice gesture? Does he have any idea what is in this book? For once in my Adult life I fear for my Country.

sandee on April 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Wrong Allah. The Saudis have always been a clear and present danger to the West with their funding/construction of Mosques throughout the world, influence on American policy, influence in American universities, funding of Dawa, private funding of Islamic charities aka fronts for jihad nd terrorism, etc.

Mister Ghost on April 20, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Wow! You obviously have not been drinking the koolaid.

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Unfortunately, to be honest, I did take a few sips when he was running in the primaries against Hillary, who I really hated (and who I do think would have been nearly as bad as President). I admit she looks better to me now.

Once the big game started I did wake up, however. I did think he’d get pulled rightward a little just by the nature of the electorate, but unfortunately I underestimated what a cocky, cynical, and sneaky little SOB he is.

Dreadnought on April 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM

GarandFan on April 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I doubt he considers it a shitty gift.

And I don’t think he feels like he’s getting kicked in the ass either.

And without going all Lloyd Bentsen on you, do you really want to see how this guy reacts if he is presented with a situation analogous to the Cuban Missle Crisis, a year or two down the road? I know I don’t.

Dreadnought on April 20, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Dreadnought on April 20, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I was fortunate. As a conservative Catholic, his record on abortion got my eye right away. Then it was his lack of experience, plus the fact that his experience was entirely from one of the most, if not the most, politically corrupt cities in the country. Add his extremist friends and Reverend Wright, and I was looking at a very disturbing picture.

So, I never even took a sip of Obama Koolaid.

It must be difficult to see what he is doing and realize you were misled. But at least you do see it.

So much of the country continues to see none of his gaffes, as they are either spiked, buried or explained away by the MSM; or comprehend any of the dangerous waters he is leading us into, as the MSM portrays him as if he is leading us on a cheerful walk in the park on a safe, sunny day.

A walk down the primrose path comes to my mind.

And that’s when I’m feeling optimistic about him.

I pray for our country, and the brave men and women, much younger than me, who are going to have to clean up this mess.

My best wishes to you.

Loxodonta on April 20, 2009 at 12:50 AM

God help America.

Did you ever hear Rush’s parody with “Miles the affirmative action pilot”? “Why just yesterday, I was back there with you, serving beverages. Who would have thought, that I, lowly Miles would be commanding the plane today? I washed out of pilot school, but have now been given this opportunity”. The punchline is the announcer asking, “Where will YOU be when diversity strikes?”

I guess we all know the answer now — we’ll be citizens of the United States in the beginning of a recession.

Oh, Miles was at least soliciting help in learning how to land the plane. From what I can tell, Balak is not asking for any help, he thinks he knows how to land despite never having flown before (so to speak).

Adjoran on April 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Amen to that. It’s in my prayers daily that there are still 10 righteous for whom the Lord will preserve our Republic.

AZfederalist on April 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Crap! That didn’t work out right, let’s do that again:

God help America.

Adjoran on April 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM

AZfederalist on April 20, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I think it was a nice gesture.

Yeah, Mr. President, that’s right. It was a nice gesture. The guy just handed you a book slamming your country. Real nice gesture. And he presented it to you in a way that put you on the spot and made you sit there with a stupid grin holding it up for the cameras. Real nice gesture.

Venezuela is a country whose defense budget is probably 1/600 of the United States. They own Citgo. It’s unlikely that as a consequence of me shaking hands, or having a polite conversation with Mr. Chavez that we are endangering the strategic interests of the United States.

1/600 the defense budget of the U.S. They couldn’t possibly hurt us. They are just like that tiny country Iran. Has this guy ever heard of asymmetrical warfare? Venezuela has known links to terrorists, and not just FARC. We’re talking Muslim terrorists. They can train and fund terrorists, as well as cause havoc with oil supplies. And Chavez will keep pushing the envelope because he senses weakness from Obama. So, yeah, maybe being all chummy with Chavez does damage the strategic interests of the United States, because it emboldens him.

Not to mention what it says about a U.S. President who allows himself to be used as a propaganda tool. He just conferred legitimacy on a tin-horn dictator. Well played, Mr. President.

JohnInCA on April 20, 2009 at 1:17 AM

“Constructive dialogue” = Kissing Chavez’ ass

“US interests would be damaged” = Obama’s interests wouldn’t be damaged. F the US.

csdeven on April 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Why would Obama call him out?

The book probably represents what Obama also thinks about America. If Obama took umbrage, it would be for being lumped with the previous administrations Obama also despises.

He was supposed to be ‘One’ with the brown skinned third worlders. It was supposed to be him and Chavez against the capitalists.

It still is, but Chavez has to keep pushing the envelope, as all the Leftists have recently, until Obama caves on the few items he uses to keep the moderates in line back home.

i.e., he has still not kissed Castro’s ring and he has not yet openly endorsed the nationalization of segments of Venezuala’s industries and media

The fact that Chavez did not announce a stink of sulfur after his private conferences with Obama tells me Chavez is not afraid of Obama, which is different from being a friend

In that sense, Obama is probably coming across as a chump behind the scenes. The Leftist leaders south of us play hardball and Obama is more used to negotiating the Whole Foods Market while awaiting further instructions

entagor on April 20, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I love my President. Anyone who doesn’t is unpatriotic and should move to France. Sound familiar?

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I think few here care about the parallel you’re claiming to draw. Certainly I don’t care.

Kralizec on April 20, 2009 at 2:01 AM

FAQ about getalife:

1. How can you tell when getalife has copied from someone else’s talking points?

Answer: It uses a three-syllable word.

Kralizec on April 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

This, boys and girls is what is known as a “straw man” argument — set up a non-existent argument that can be easily knocked down.

The truth of the matter is that no one on the right ever said such words regarding the former president. They did use those words when addressing the panty-waisted vermin who were attacking the country and its troops after both sides of the aisle had voted to commit those troops to war. Debate prior to the vote was acceptable, undermining and undercutting the troops after that vote was reprehensible and cost soldiers’ lives.

In addition, the left was deriding and tearing down the former president before he even took office. “Not my president”, “Selected not elected”. Any of that sound familiar?

After 8 years of ad hominem attack on the former president, the left had better expect that the right is going to go after the current president based upon his POLICIES and his methods. The left very seldom attacked policy and most often attacked the man himself.

/not even a good troll

AZfederalist on April 20, 2009 at 2:07 AM

“Bush holding hands with the Wahhabi king wasn’t exactly a clear and present danger to the U.S. either”

As someone with Turkish in-laws, I can tell you that in that region of the world, this is a cultural thing that friends do. If you travel to the region it is not uncommon that you will see men holding hands, or walking arm in arm in discussion. It signals they are close friends, it allows them to converse in crowded areas and without being overheard. It was not inappropriate for Bush to do this. Bowing to a foreign sovereign is much different deal!!

EasyEight on April 20, 2009 at 3:39 AM

The Obama Doctrine will free the Cuban people and normalize relations with many countries to help solve problems.

The President is raising the bar and will have a great legacy.

getalife on April 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Oh,really how? How will he “free the Cuban people?”
And will he do this while giving Chavez a free pass to keep his people enslaved in Venezuela?
As for “normalizing relations with many countries,” do you even know what you’re yapping about? NO.

“Raising the bar?” You’re either high or unbelievably stupid.
Zerobama took the bar so far down in it’s in the sewer!
He accepted this book about how Latin America stays in the toilet and it’s all America’s fault and listened to Noriega harangue the U.S. for 50 minutes about the war in Nicaragua, also all America’s fault, according to him.
His “legacy,” if America makes it that far to write history, will be that of the biggest buffoon abroad and fascist at home that this once great republic has ever seen.

Jenfidel on April 20, 2009 at 4:02 AM

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Nope.
He’s not my president.
It isn’t unpatriotic not to “love” him because 1.) we have a 2-party system in this country. 2.) We don’t know if Ogabe’s even an American and he certainly doesn’t follow the Constitution, 3.) Almost half of us didn’t vote for him. 4.) I’m giving serious thought to moving to Canada to avoid Ogabe’s punitive taxation, his war on people like me that he calls “right wing extremists” and the inevitable attacks that will come from making nice with our enemies and snubbing our friends.

Jenfidel on April 20, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Well said Jenfidel…

Handing this piece of crap book to our TOTUS is like handing a book extolling the virtues of the KKK to a Black man. He should have dropped it in the nearest trash can. Now…it’s a best seller. Oprah couldn’t have done a better job of promoting this garbage.
Despicable…incredibly wrong headed…typical of Obama…just more of the same idiocy.

Obama…emboldening tyrants since January 20th, 2009.

Army Brat on April 20, 2009 at 4:14 AM

When will this idiot president get the “cap” and gown he deserves. He is screwing the American public and has no idea how much we hate that bastard. Is he blind to what every person with a brain already knows?

Enough with talking to this wanna be dictator, just man up and tell him where to get off the banana boat. Why are we trying to “look” like we want to be friends when that little parrot head knows, if he even sets foot in this country he’ll get what’s coming to him (50cal.)

I for one, am pissed at the POTUS for being such a skirt hugger. Grow some brass ones and tell these idiots how much we DO hate them, you friggin’ wimp. You do a disservice to the REAL americans with your mamby pamby attitudes of the typical left.

I’d love to see a nation wide pool for the exact date of your demise, Barry. How bout this …. OGC?

theRealMcCoy on April 20, 2009 at 6:01 AM

IT A COOK BOOK !

William Amos on April 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM

William Amos on April 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM

And they mistranslated the title.

It’s not “How to Make American Fried Chicken.”

The correct translation is, “How to Fry an American Chicken.”

Loxodonta on April 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM

“I think it was a nice gesture, but I already have a first edition copy signed by the author”.

“Whoops. Strike that last part.”

And of course, they did.

darwin-t on April 20, 2009 at 7:07 AM

IT A COOK BOOK !

William Amos on April 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Bomma needs to quit being a suck-up to these guys.
Lay another IPOD on ‘em Bom’s. yeah that’ll do it. pfft.
How about handing them a U.S. flag that is a symbol of what it took to make our country free enough to even allow you to BE the daggone President.

johnnyU on April 20, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Just proves when you spend 20 years sitting in the pews listening to a ranting lunatic, like rev Wright, you become that ranting lunatic.

Meeting with the narco-terrorist Chavez, who is supplying the drugs and guns to the Mexican drug gangs, I wonder, did he ask for a top up to his stash?

tarpon on April 20, 2009 at 7:17 AM

My thoughts exactly darwin. I think he has the English translation with notes by his friends Ayers, Dohrn and Khalidi pointing out how Galeano didn’t go far enough in complaining about US imperialism, and Obama’s notes in agreement. A nice gesture? Someone calling your mother a harlot and a thief is a ‘nice gesture’? This is more disgusting than his bow to Abdullah who is at least putatively our ally. This would be like giving a Jewish President, a copy of Mein Kampf, or a video highlights tape of Amamadjihadi calling for the destruction of Israel, and the President saying, ‘what a nice gesture’. Anyone who had any doubts about Mr. Obama being a socialist cannot have any doubts now. He is red through and through.

eaglewingz08 on April 20, 2009 at 7:21 AM

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Not at all, douchebag. But since you are owning Obama so personally, let share my thoughts: you’re an idiot and our President is a laughable clown who is so out of his depth that he is drowning in his own fantasy world of leftist press clippings.

There isn’t a single issue on which he has taken a position (or changed one) that he isn’t fucking up. He’s as bad as Carter.

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 7:42 AM

So will Obama make Sean Penn ambassador to Venezuela now?
O’Reilly is boycotting Penn for being buddies with Chavez….will he boycott the precedent now?

Obama had no business accepting that book. Idiot! He continues to make this country look a fool.

becki51758 on April 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Loxodonta on April 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM

He got what he wanted too easy. He doesn’t respect us.

Daemonocracy on April 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

No you see, we actually love our country and its history where as Liberals see it as broken. Liberals love Obama more than the country.

Daemonocracy on April 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM

And they mistranslated the title.

It’s not “How to Make American Fried Chicken.”

The correct translation is, “How to Fry an American Chicken.”

Loxodonta on April 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM

You ever think of starting your own blog? Your whit and insight are wonderful.

GrayDog on April 20, 2009 at 8:28 AM

becki51758

This is what happens when you elect a narcissist as president. How the world sees a nations of 300 plus million people is secondary to how you see yourself. The narcissist president sees only his reflection and cannot be swayed by advice or warnings by better men than himself. One of the reasons he (consciously or unconsciously) picks lesser men than even himself for cabinet positions. He cannot recognize that there are better men. We have not even begun to see the dangers that this self-absorbed POS represents.
All I can do now is stay informed, stay armed and stand ready.

SKYFOX on April 20, 2009 at 8:32 AM

The problem with Obama’s transcripts is that McCain was the bottom of his class too, so that was a washout, dumb and dumber for President. Then the seconds in command for VPs too were no rays of academic brilliance for either.

eaglewingz08 on April 20, 2009 at 8:52 AM

It is a huge mistake to take this man as an idiot. It is more important to look at the consisency of his behavior toward evil dictators as an agenda. “Iran is just a tiny country”, bowing to Saudi King, the policy of appeasement, the great American apologist, disparaging us in front of foreign crowds, greeting evil with fist pumps and wide smiles is to lower the defenses of the American public toward evil in the world. Clinton bit his lip, Obama has the dumb blonde routine when challenged on his behavior.

EyesOpen on April 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Dolt.

The other guy, too.

Black Adam on April 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM

And probably Kerry’s. Ouch.

karl9000 on April 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Nope.
He’s not my president.

I disagree, Jen. The “social contract” we enter into when we vote assumes we agree to the terms and conditions: winner takes all. What we’re seeing lately is a rejecting of that contract AFTER the fact. Sorry, if you voted, you have to accept the outcome. You don’t have to like it.

Obama is OUR president whether we like it or not. The sooner we all learn to accept that, the sooner we can get past this worthless argument and focus on what’s important: the man is a socialist nut-cake who assumes that socialism will work this time because he has the right “team” (himself) in place. The classic definition of insanity.

Having said all that:

dcwvu on April 20, 2009 at 1:52 AM

As I recall, the argument from the left was that if Bush was elected, there would be a mass exodus of Hollywierds to France. The real quote should be “I hate my (soon to be) president. Anyone who agrees with me should move to France.”

Now, dcvu, do you remember? It was in all the papers…

karl9000 on April 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM

To all those who ate the USA, and deem us evil, and terrorists, over dictators, terrorists, and anyone else that feels we’ve sinned…..move. Go. Go Now! Find your nearest tyrannical, communist, socialist, or terrorist nation, and go there. Pack it up, and get out of this demonic country, and go live the life you dream of. It would be a hell of a lot easier, than trying to convince those of us that love our country, and want to see our liberties continue, than trying to change it.

FYI though. Don’t be so quick to take citizenship of these countries. I suspect within 6 months to a year, you’ll be begging to come back to the good ol’ USA. You know…the country that espouses freedom, and liberty. The country that bailed out Europe in 2 world wars, fought against oppression, and communisim for over 200 years. The most generous nation on earth, when it comes to natural disasters, or otherwise , around the world.

capejasmine on April 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM

The big O is an America hating traitor.

el rey on April 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM

NOW YOU OBAMA ARE EITHER A DOLT OR A COMMIE , YOU NAME IT ONE OR THE OTHER.PERSONALY I THINK STUPID COMMIE.

wade underhile on April 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM