Video: Michelle levels Pelosi for smearing the tea parties as “astroturf”

posted at 2:39 pm on April 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Nate Silver’s count of attendees is north of a quarter million, which is darned impressive given the absence of a central organizer like MoveOn to direct people to the protest nearest them. Contra Pelosi’s assertion, and as Liz Mair exhaustively argues, the parties weren’t ‘turfed, but so many smear jobs have there been in the past day or two that it almost feels unfair to single out Madam Speaker. For example, Rep. Jan Schakowsky called the rallies “despicable” and, per the Standard, an unnamed “senior aide” in the House is circulating this charming memo:

Other House Democratic leaders took a different tact: One senior aide has been circulating a document to the media that debunks the effort as one driven by corporate lobbyists and attended by neo-Nazis…

In addition, the tea parties are “not really all about average citizens,” the document continues, saying neo-Nazis, militias, secessionists and racists are attending them. The tea parties are also not peaceful, since reporters in Cincinnati had to seek “police protection” during one of the events, it states.

Pick through Zombie’s archives to remind yourself what sort of creatures populate left-wing protest habitats — or, for that matter, left-wing magazines. As Westley said in The Princess Bride, “Dear god, what is that thing?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Eh. He/she is not worth the hassle.

XWing5 on April 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM

You’re right… It wasn’t really about her. Just venting AT her. It was good for me, anyway. :)

tickleddragon on April 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

There’s no reason to parse the details. Let me shortcut it for you. Those that attended yesterday do realize that money does not grow on trees. Those that don’t understand the importance of yesterday’s rallies, still live under that delusional fantasy.

sherry on April 16, 2009 at 3:45 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Did you go? You could be our token democrat.

Oh, wait, that amoral crackpot who called me a Nazi was probably a Democrat. that’s what you do right? People who don’t march in perfect jackbooted lockstep with your own beliefs are automatically dismissed as Nazis, right?

mjk on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Pelosi…a pro labor dem whose family runs a scab vineyard.

LtE126 on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I wonder which tea party Nasty went to. I did not see her at mine. How does she know how much money the protesters make? She must need a heat gun to take off that face at night. Plus she should get that bite fixed. It’s giving me TMJ just watching her speak.

bloggless on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Argument from ignorance

lorien1973 on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM

tickleddragon on April 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Understand completely ;) I did it earlier, but I usually try to avoid it. Not the same as getting to actually slap them up side the head — uh, oh…violence. I am a becoming a Right-Wing extremist.

XWing5 on April 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I’m younger, thinner and taller than Palin…..and way, way, waywayway smarter.
;)

strangelet on April 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

BigWyo on April 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM

This is infuriating. Not only the Nazi smears (which interestingly enough are made with fascistic intentions anyway), but the whole “astroturfing” crap. In any photos or footage I saw, I didn’t see any signs that had been manufactured and handed out or any of the usual tell-tale signs of something organized by a particular group. These were all just regular people with their own home made signs. No groups “funded” anything, Madam Botox. There was nothing to be “funded”. And btw, average folks meeting on a website and discussing where they want to hold a tea party and then setting it all up from there is hardly some rich republican group organizing and funding the event in behind the scenes.

We should never be surprised by lefties lying, but the smears of average folks here is incredibly disgusting.

RightWinged on April 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

BrideOfRove on April 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM

link please.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Video: Michelle levels Pelosi for smearing the tea parties as “astroturf”

The rotten RAT party has evolved into a sick, scummy bunch of American pirates, that need to be voted into oblivion, ASAP.

byteshredder on April 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM

“I’m younger, thinner and taller than Palin…..and way, way, waywayway smarter.
;)

strangelet on April 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM”

No kiddin? Cool!

Hey, is there anyway we can hook up so I can throw ya a punch in the pants?

LtE126 on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Uhm I have a problem with one thing Pelosi said. Why would the “wealthiest people in America” want to fund the tea parties? The “wealthiest people in America” are Democrats and many of them are collecting billions in government “bailouts”.

crosspatch on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

RightWinged on April 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

It is. Some jerk called me a redneck the other day. Yeah, a Hispanic woman with two college degrees, a husband and two kids is a “redneck”. Nice.

They’re going to get much worse. Just watch.

As for Pelosi… We all know what to do. Her office should be surrounded with tea bags and e-mails from us.

Of course, we should remind her that she and her party have such a great ally in George Soros, a man who betrayed his own people to the Nazis. Sorry Nancy, but you’re judged by the (abominable) company you keep.

newton on April 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Intersetingly enough, the anchors, the reporter AND the speaker in my link are ALL African-Americans.

There were several Hispanics, Asians, even a few Arabs at the Raleigh Tea Party.

Still trying to figure out why the RPD suddenly bliocked Wilmington Street.

Was delicious irony when the crowd that was getting people to honk their horns simply relocated to Morgan Street.

There were people circling Union Square blowing their horns – people of ALL colors.

PJ Emeritus on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Look….give me linkage.
Hook meh up.
I’m a child of teh interwebs.
Michelle says BIPARTISAN.
Prove it.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

It’s weird how the media characterizes everything conservatives do. I wonder, do the media not understand their jobs are to not be Pravda look alike, or is it their goal to be a Pravada lookalike?

I wonder how a national anti-war rally of six tubby women dressed in pink would go?

Polly parrot media want a bailout?

tarpon on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

The link is on page one of the comments – in THIS post, dink.

PJ Emeritus on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

PJ Emeritus on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I was at the Tea Party in Hillsborough. There was a big crowd, they say over 500 folks, but I think there were quite a bit more. Traffic was backed up and they had a police car keeping the traffic flowing. There were hundreds of cars & trucks that drove by and the occupants honked their horns and gave us the thumbs up. PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS!!!! Bus drivers, delivery trucks….even the pizza delivery guy supported us. All types of people, yanks, rednecks, good ol’ boys, old and young, men, women, children, veterans, wealthy and not so…. ALL AMERCICANS!!!!! Beautiful.

bloggless on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Thanks lorien…..well, then……Pelosi just pulled another one of her “numbers.”

How silly.

The signs were clearly 90% homemade. Professional?

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Nate Silver’s numbers are BS. He doesn’t count the many smaller rallies in Houston. I doubt the size of his Houston numbers. I went to the Sugarland rally (a suburb of Houston) and we had over 3,000 according to the local police at just that rally. There were five total rallies in the Houston area. Houston’s had to be much larger. If you look at the San Antonio rally itself on Fox, it is clearly around 4-5000 just in the camera shot. And that doesn’t count folks going to and from over a three or four hour period.

Nate Silver’s numbers are bogus. Read the comments on his article and you’ll see the worst namecalling and disgusting diatribes against those who attended.

250,000? More like four times that across the country.

And those are only the ones with a paper to report them.

Subsunk

Subsunk on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

NIshi is so waywayway smarter that Palin, that , she ferverntly asserted Palin was a midget.

SarahW on April 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Are you teched in the haid???? He gave the link. What do you find so hard to believe about people of color protesting high taxes? Are you a racist who thinks they don’t pay any taxes??

The Tea Parties are equal opportunity because TAXES ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – it doesn’t matter what your skin color is. All people work hard for their money.

bloggless on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Astroturf? This woman deserves a lot more ire than the middle finger!

I attended a party in Provo, UT. I am a college student w/ little more than a few gold coins in a secure location somewhere. I’m wealthy?

I challenge the GOP, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, heck everyone to show up to one and see what we are really about and who we really are.

Chaz706 on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Remember: You know you’re over the target when you’re taking flak. The career politicians, and their fluffers in the media, are terrified of the possibility of masses of Americans rising up the next election and kicking out scores of entrenched leeches of both parties (but primarily the Dems). Any action that appears might derail their gravy train must be squelched.

SKYFOX on April 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I thought I read that David Axelscrod was the king of Astroturfing.

bloggless on April 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Strangelot, I’m sorry your life is so empty that your only entertainment is to come here and try to rain on our parade.

I attended 2 tea parties yesterday and it was AWESOME! The turnout was tremendous, and the support we got from passersby was wonderful. My favorite moment was when a young man and his wife, with two small children, approached me and thanked me for coming out to stand up for them.

Our organizers were two local women, one a housewife, one a small business owner–neighbors actually. We had no outside help in organizing. Our demographics were economically and racially diverse, with every age from infants to the elderly represented. I can’t speak for everyone’s politics (and personally don’t think it mattered), but I can tell you we were all proud Americans.

I’m not surprised to see liberal cynics trying to minimize what we did. If they can’t support it, they HAVE to denigrate it–or else stay quiet. But I continue to be extremely impressed by the turnout and the enthusiasm, and I’ve never been more proud to be an American.

Dee2008 on April 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I thought I read that David Axelscrod Bawney Fwank was the king queen of Astroturfingteabagging.

bloggless on April 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

fify!

Sweet_Thang on April 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I’ll bite. The reason there were ‘no’ democrats, even though there was an interview on Cavuto about a DEMOCRAT woman in Louisiana HOSTING a tea party, but here we go:

Maybe the reason there were no Democrats at the tax day tea parties is because DEMOCRATS DON’T PAY THEIR TAXES, THEY ONLY IMPOSE THEM.

HornetSting on April 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM

The signs were clearly 90% homemade. Professional?

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

We don’t have or need move on.org, the rainbow coalition, action network, or acorn to make our signs for us, bus us to the site, and pay us to ‘protest’.
This was grassroots, no leftest group or network to sponsor the event. Just Americans protesting higher taxes. You should understand higher taxes, Ann in Kalifornia.

HornetSting on April 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I’ll show you a Democrat. My mother-in-law. She is a life long Dem. I am a former Dem. I am now a registered Independent. We attended here in St. Louis.

You are an IDIOT!

JAM on April 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Back with the link thing again? You can’t seriously think anyone is going to dance just because you want to call the tune (you may wish to follow lorien’s Argument from Ignorance link, but I doubt you’re too hot on that because it leaves you with nowhere to go). Yesterday you wanted links to show ethnic minorities and other “bipartisans” (because apparently you fail to recognize stereotyping when you do it). Evidently, the test of legitimacy for you is if some sort of “diversity” is represented. So, if only women show up at a pro-choice rally, I guess it fails the legitimacy test with you; so would the Million Man March a few years ago, which was specifically for black men–again, only legitimate if a white person showed up. If you’re going to try to play these games, you need to come better equipped, because as it stands, you embarrass yourself.

DrMagnolias on April 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Were there any Republicans at the Moveon or Code Pink Rallies? Are you suggesting that the people’s 1st ammendment right to assembly exist only on the condition that all sides have to be present at these events, or are you suggesting that Democrats were forcibly excluded? What is you point exactly?

celtnik on April 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I attended the Tea Party in Providence, RI yesterday, and it was VERY inspiring! Our state is a financial wreck from decades of Democrat dominance, making it a Dems’ Utopian model for the US.

One of the speakers asked the crowd how many were attending any kind of political protest for the first time, and most raised their hands and/or voices affirmatively.

She then asked if there were any Dems on the crowd, and got a loud, positive response.

At one point, some pols holed in in our state capital, came out on a porch high above the crowd, and were booed back into the state house. Great stuff!

Those of us who are completely fed up with those currently in power and their destructive socialist, America-hating agenda must keep this movement going and growing right inro the 2010 elections and beyond.

The remarks of the libtard pols and their MSM lapdogs must be used to fire us up, then fire the bums. As was pointed out numerous times yesterday, THEY work for US, not the other way around!

Sweet_Thang on April 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

The only person I got really irritated with at the Little Rock Tea Party was a slick organizer for some Republican Woman’s club who was doing her best to co-opt the movement and channel it into a nice safe established party.

It wasn’t BI partisan, it was TEA partisan. And let the press characterize us however they want – despicable- check. Nazi – check. Republican zombie – check. racist – check. Domestic terror suspect – check. I’m past caring.

Call me any damn thing you want. Bring out the water cannons. I will not go away. WE will not go away. And, if the media can ignore 250,000, let’s see if they can ignore a million. Or five million. Or fifty million.

We’re going to take this country back, and I’m proud to be a small part of it.

Venusian Visitor on April 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Actually this is perfect. MSM, Pelosi, and the Obama administration are only pouring more gasoline on the fire. Thanks, clowns.

churchill995 on April 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Michelle says BIPARTISAN.
Prove it.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

mkay, how is this – What do Democrats look like ?

runner on April 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I can’t better anything already stated in previous posts with profanity so I’ll just say great comments from the usual folks that clearly use their brains prior to typing a diatribe.

larvcom on April 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Hit hillbuzz,read the comments under their videos then comeback here to talk. Its a Hillary Clinton fanblog.

canditaylor68 on April 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hey stupid, I’m a registered Democrat and I was there.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Wow, struck my own quote.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I get so creeped out when Pelosi smiles . . . *shudder*

btw I do know of some people that voted for Obama that went and actually helped ORGANIZE some of the tea parties. Crazy hm?

Ingenue on April 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Ingenue on April 16, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Pelosi looks like a 60 plus year old woman trying to look 40 and failing miserably. Been in California too long.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

The Boss.

Griz on April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

And Pelosi has kids, so some idiot had to hit that.
Shudder.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I love leftie “logic.”

Denegrating a grass roots movement that received favorable coverage from Fox News = Bad

Having an admitted Nazi Collaborator who helped round up fellow Jews to send to Death Camps = Good

You people are fvcking despicable.

PimFortuynsGhost on April 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

My college daughter went and shes a registered independent who took a hellalotta flack from me this past election for voting for any dem. But she looked at their past voting records on the issues and decided who she felt would best represent her. Who knew…Oh yes she took pictures too of the one in her town,they will be up at facebook this weekend.

canditaylor68 on April 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I love leftie “logic.”

Having an admitted Nazi Collaborator who helped round up fellow Jews to send to Death Camps as your paymaster= Good

You people are fvcking despicable.

PimFortuynsGhost on April 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

PimFortuynsGhost on April 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Scared.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM

JAM on April 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

You attended in St. Louis!? I wish I was there.

That was home before I went to Provo and became a college student.

Chaz706 on April 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Im a registered democrat. I went to the NYC rally. Even the after party.

ernesto on April 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

This whole subject has become taxing……

Braindroppings on April 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Neonazis, as were the original Nazis, were progressive SOCIALISTS. It’s true. They were just sixty years ahead of their time. Go to any liberal/progressive march and you will see such vile anti semitic signs that would make the original Nazis blush.

eaglewingz08 on April 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM

ernesto on April 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I’m afraid you’re not going to count for strangelet–she considers you “anecdotal.”

DrMagnolias on April 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Chaz706 on April 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Keiner Plaza. Beautiful night. Estimates btwn. 7 – 10,000. There were alot of people! It was fun. Respectful. I couldn’t hear everything, but very genuine, normal Americans.

JAM on April 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I’m younger, thinner and taller than Palin…..and way, way, waywayway smarter.
;)
strangelet on April 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Maybe after 3 cases of Meister Brau

jdkchem on April 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

one more face lift and Pelosi’s lips will stretch to her ears. A real tribute to plastic surgery and botox!

pgrossjr on April 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

DrMagnolias on April 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

well then strangelet should come find me then. id even buy her a drink and show her my voter registration. not that it means anything…i wont be voting dem nationally for a good long while. im firmly in 3rd party territory until one of the 2 majors can prove to me they arent filthy lying bastards with no principles.

ernesto on April 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

sherry on April 16, 2009 at 3:45 PM

You don’t have a money tree?

Here’s an idea! Ever see the Denny’s commercial where the customer tries to pay for the fast food breakfast with fake money?
Fast food kid, “That’s not real money!”
Customer, “That’s not a real breakfast!”

Geitner, “Thats not real money!”
Taxpayer, “You’re not a real government!”

jdkchem on April 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

There was a neo-nazis preaching at the San Antonio rally – my wife confronted him directly about his idiocy.

One guy out of 16,000 reported to have attended.

You see? We on the right really are extremists…

Side Note: How many anarchists, actually-overthrow-the-government, flag burning, wacko types attend Democrat or “leftist-extremist” rallies?

catmman on April 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM

prove to me they arent filthy lying bastards with no principles.

Man, we are all waiting for that day…

XWing5 on April 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

pgrossjr on April 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

You mean like this?

jdkchem on April 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Fast food kid, “That’s not real money!”
Customer, “That’s not a real breakfast!”

Geitner, “Thats not real money!”
Taxpayer, “You’re not a real government!”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA….LOVE IT!

XWing5 on April 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Michelle shouldn’t accept the 250,000 number as the total number of protesters. While that’s a pretty good sized protest, I believe the numbers are much bigger. The post I’ve seen about the numbers, puts Atlanta at 7,000 whereas I’ve heard that the turnout was more like 25,000 there. The post doesn’t even show Dayton, OH on the list, but I found this link on the net showing a good turnout there. How many other cities are not counted?

Christian Conservative on April 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM

For example, Rep. Jan Schakowsky called the rallies “despicable”

When your husband pleads guilty to tax evasion and bank fraud, you should probably keep your mouth shut.

jdkchem on April 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Where were these “teabaggers” hiding at for nearly a decade while Bush was spending us into oblivion on multiple foreign wars declared at his whimsy?

dcwvu on April 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Comrade Jan is my Congresswoman. She finds me despicable. Boo hoo. I hope she doesn’t jail me, although maybe I could bunk with Blago and get on a reality tv show.

Angry Dumbo on April 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM

ernesto on April 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Plus you didn’t provide a link….

BigWyo on April 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Pelosi is so smug, and so wrong.

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Just a head’s up: Michelle Malkin is pretty awesome.

Kevin M on April 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM

dcwvu on April 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

At his whimsy? Did you find 9/11 whimsical? And have you actually looked at the numbers? Military spending during the Bush years is a tiny fraction of recent stimulus spending, Obama’s budget, the recent omnibus spending bill and the threatened second stimulus.

Personally, my threshold was reached when I started adding up the spending bills since the inauguration and realized it could not be paid for until my preschool grandchildren are my age or older.

Dee2008 on April 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM

The event organizer here made a special point to thank the Madison Police Department for doing such a fantastic job, and the crowd gave them one of the longer cheers of the day.

Bunch of extremists.

BadgerHawk on April 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM

How many millions does Pelosi have in her accounts as she and her entourage fly around the world at taxpayer expense? I attended the Tax Party in Raleigh. I don’t think there was any of the over 2,000 attendees who has a fraction of the Pelosi stash. We sang the Star Spangled Banner. We said the Pledge of Allegiance. We laughed and we cheered. Hundreds, if not thousands, of cars drove by and honked and waved in support. No one was angry, no one was out for any kind of vengeance. We want change, but not the change that the current administration has in store for us.
Please, lefties, stop bringing up President Bush and the past unless you can find a way to go back and change it. Wake up in the present and watch your freedoms slipping slipping slipping away.

maryo on April 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Dee2008 on April 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Not worth the effort. They have no concept of the difference between 400 billion and 1.85 trillion. It is in fact a logical fallacy. They incorrectly deduce that because you may be willing to pay for a $400 billion deficit that you will gladly pay for a $1.85 trillion deficit. It is in fact a pathetic argument and demonstrates their inability to think rationally.

jdkchem on April 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM

And says it with a straight face! The same woman who devised the biggest porkulus pig in a poke package in the history of America! WOW. Just WOW. scalleywag on April 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM

For Pelosi, the game is all politics, all the time. She works hard at including her famous buzz phrases into her remarks; eg., “failed Bush policies.”

She delivers her pronouncements in honeyed tones, trying to smile through her scripted stiletto-insult delivery, thus, the grimace that she always has. It’s not just the frozen botox at fault; it is her attempt to smile charmingly while attacking verbally.

The charge that these tea-party protest gatherings were anything but grass-roots efforts is a classic case of Leftist projection. Our protest represented a cross-section of unhappy taxpayers from differing political camps. The message shared by all, however, was that this government is riding roughshod over its citizens by not representing taxpayers’ concerns about out-of-control spending, unsustainable debt and borrowing, social programs and engineering that the populace does not want, blatant disregard of the Constitution.

Obama, Pelosi, and other disdainful members of Congress forget that they were NOT elected to impose their wills and agendas on the American people. The elites forget that our rights are inherent and protected by the Constitutions and that these government figures have their postions of power at our sufferance. They can lose those powers when we vote and when we rise up to say,
“Enough! The well is dry. You are irresponsible stewards of our money and our trust.”

onlineanalyst on April 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Pelosi … botox much, ghoulish freak!?

yeah, downplay it you leftist nutbag…I got two words for you, Nance:

Midterm. Elections.

Black Adam on April 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM

BTW: since I live in Europe and a little behind on the news, how many violent protesters were apprehended at this crazed, right-wing rally?

How much property was damaged/destroyed/defaced?

How many flags were burned?

…can someone enlighten me?

Black Adam on April 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM

scalleywag: I almost forgot why I quoted your remark in my haste to build on it.

At the Taxed Enough Already protest that I attended, I roamed among the crowd, taking pictures and overhearing conversations among the participants. Nancy Pelosi’s name came up repeatedly among differing age groups and political partisans as a source of deep unhappiness with Congress. Some of the most barbed criticisms came from Democrats and Independents.

Our government has become divorced from reality and from the lives of the people it is supposed to represent. The politicians in denial of the dissatisfaction of the electorate and the roots of that dissatisfaction may be in for a rude awakening.

The grumblings that I overheard focused on term limits, recall, and the need for members of Congress to have full time jobs in place of their career political positions. Federal government has intruded too much in our daily lives. Politicians need to spend more time in their home districts and states, earning a living the way that the rest of us do and being attuned to the concerns of their constituents.

Obama, Pelosi, Hillary Clinon, and Rahm Emanuel are very controlling people. I do not wish to be controlled by their vision of the good life in America. Its fascism is at odds with my sense of liberty.

onlineanalyst on April 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I find one woman who was dumb enough to stand in a busy street to protest was arrested…for being stupid. However, where are the throngs of crazed right-wingers who were arrested on weapons charges (you know us bitter clingers…)?

Black Adam on April 16, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Arrogant CNN reporter: Do you realize that you’re eligible for a $400 tax refund?

Woo Hoo. Where do I go to kiss the Obama’s feet?

fwiw, even Mother Jones is on to David Axelrod and his astroturfing schemes.

Buy Danish on April 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Hey Speaker Pelosi:

Think the Tea Party was “funded at the top” and “not a grass-roots movement”??

PROVE IT!! Seriously, put your money where your mouth is and prove it. Because whoever the genius at the top, gets my support and MY VOTE!!!!!

“Funded by the wealthiest people in America to keep the focus on tax cuts for the rich”??

The Tea Party was more about out-of-control government spending, Raising taxes on future generations, Not reading the stimulus, Earmarks, Tax Cheats in DC, threats to our Vets…

If this is how the ‘wealthy’ serve our country, I say Bravo!

Oh, and ‘Astro-turfing’ was what Axlerod did during the campaign by paying trolls to stalk internet blogs. Ole Axlerod was involved in astro-turfing for an electric company: scaring people to vote for the electric company or face higher utility rates….

TN Mom on April 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM

ernesto on April 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Welcome to libertarianism–of course, it’s a bit of a Will Rogers’ “I don’t belong to an organized party, I’m a Democrat” situation, but I’ll err on the side of freedom and responsibility any day.

Plus you didn’t provide a link….

BigWyo on April 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM

This gave me the best laugh I’ve had today. Thank you.

DrMagnolias on April 16, 2009 at 8:07 PM

ernesto:

Try the NYC Tea party video. About 10 seconds in a recovering liberal gives an earful about being mugged by reality and realizing that Obama=socialism.

Crusty on April 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Nancy’s Botox treatments are really distracting.

I wonder if she and Biden go to the same treatment center…

desertdweller on April 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I would imagine that ol’ Rahm is on the phone to all the heads of the MSM asking them what the hell happened, and why were THEY letting people get out of control. After all, aren’t they supposed to be pushing The One’s programs on a daily basis, telling people how great The One is and how fabulous his programs are?

GarandFan on April 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Here ya go:

Tucson, Arizona

KittyLowrey on April 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM

You really are a dumb, dumb troll.

fossten on April 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM

show me. show me one democrat.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Here ya go:

Tucson, Arizona

KittyLowrey on April 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Now watch strangelet ask her to stand up….

dmh0667 on April 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM

The fact that the great majority of these tea parties were organized to take place during the lunch hour or after 4 p.m. ought to be all the proof anyone needs that the people attending these parties are ordinary hardworking Americans, with real jobs who pay real taxes and are for real pissed off that they’re being saddled with the bill for this boondoggle. These aren’t rich white folk who make their livings off the masses, and they aren’t professional protestors and malcontents as the left trots out for all of their stupid demonstrations. Madame Botox is woefully out of touch with the mood of this country. If she were serving in any district outside of the liberal fantasyland of San Francisco, she would be tossed out on her ear in the next election.

NoLeftTurn on April 16, 2009 at 11:38 PM

the more Obama oversteps his control

the more the media jumps on public outrage

the more the government targets us as right wing fundamentals

the less a prayer Obama has a chance of having any congressional power in 2010

what’s he’s done so far, he’s toast
hope he isn’t allowed to implode the country in the mean time

audiotom on April 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Man, Pelosi’s face is getting so stiff from the plastic that she is having trouble moving her lips now.

Hawthorne on April 17, 2009 at 3:46 AM

I’m younger, thinner and taller than Palin…..and way, way, waywayway smarter.
;)

strangelet on April 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

what state are you governor of. the state of pretend world.must be swell to be so perfect and oder free.troll

lees on April 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Pelosi is out of touch because she and her ilk is getting trounced by those in the right with what used to be their own tactics.

The fact is Pelosi and the left have lost their way and are becoming irrelevant, because the people (salient and silent majority) have finally had enough.

The reporter at the end of the segment is a prime example of a liberal who is loosing the battle and making stuff up as they go along without any sense or continuity.

The left is lost in the dessert without a morale compass they better hope they do not come across a Taliban Warlord.

MSGTAS on April 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM

MM is the most articulate, precise commentator on tv. If what she suggested is true, that the elites were taken by surprise by the turnout, I am very encouraged

If MM ever gives up the fight, then will I be worried

I am very proud and appreciative of those who went to the gatherings

Watching the CNN interview with the Dad, I thought of the news massaging in the movie ‘Running Man’. Ironic that Schwarzenneger who starred in that movie as the anti hero is now an establishment player

The CNN reporter was despicable “I think you get the tenor it, it is anti government, anti CNN….” not letting the father finish his first statement

Pelosi said this was the rich elites not the middle class.

To Pelosi, a rich person is anyone who still has a job

entagor on April 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM