Oh my: Obama won’t prosecute CIA agents for waterboarding jihadists

posted at 3:55 pm on April 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

You’re a young leftist president whose chances of reelection in an age of terror depend in no small part on the effectiveness of the CIA. Do you (a) choose to alienate the agency less than three months into your term by prosecuting members for loyally acting on the former president’s orders or (b) choose to alienate your nutroots base, who have near-zero influence in national elections and will end up voting for you anyway after they observe the mandatory 24-hour mourning period for this “betrayal”?

A fait accompli.

Attorney General Eric Holder says the government won’t prosecute CIA officials for using waterboarding and other harsh interrogation tactics on terror suspects…

Holder said in a statement Thursday it would be unfair to prosecute CIA employees for following the legal advice given at the time. And he says the government will defend any CIA employee in any court action brought in the U.S. or overseas.

“This is a time for reflection, not retribution,” President Barack Obama said in a statement.

It’s also a time for releasing Bush-era memos on enhanced interrogation, per a federal court’s ruling, and the CIA is none too pleased about that. Think The One was going to compound the problem by putting their guys in the dock for belly slaps? What choice did he have here realistically, lefty commenters?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

good

rob verdi on April 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

He doesn’t want to screw the pooch.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Good decision. Especially since I don’t consider anything they’re doing with these gents to be wrong in the first place.

Investigate the few that got out of hand and move on.

hawkdriver on April 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM

he could, uh, vote ‘present’?

GoodSamaritan on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Obama and his team are very stingy when it comes to spending their political capital… and I’ll bet it just burns them up to have to do this.

singlemalt_18 on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Good.

I’ll give Obama credit on that.

Skywise on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Bwahahahahaha…this just keeps getting better and better! First the left are scared by yesterdays tea-parties and now they’re hit with this…ah the sounds of lefty heads esploding everywhere…music to my ears!

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

“This is a time for reflection, not retribution,” President Barack Obooba said in a statement.

So Obooba thinks that retribution is in order, but has gracefully and mercifully decided not to pursue it.

Leaving unsaid, of course, how CIA operatives wresting info from future captives will be punished.

Akzed on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Wow, I will have agreed with his decisions twice in one week. Not bad for 90 days. I expect this will not be an ongoing thing though…

kybowexar on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I wonder if he’ll catch hell from his base on this. It may be too early for there to be a lefty rebellion against Obama, but I bet there will at least be some voices of protest.

DarkKnight3565 on April 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

But wasn’t that torture? Aren’t we supposed to try them for war crimes? Campaign promises?

Esthier on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

When in doubt – don’t

izoneguy on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

When people do it recreationally and post it on YouTube, I have a hard time considering it torture.

Now if it was broadcasting, say, Susan Estrich reading Maureen Dowd articles aloud for hours on end, well, maybe.

Laura on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

It’ll be interesting to learn if Bush had some sort of guarantee from Obama about this.

I’ll wager $100 that he did.

(And if I’m wrong try collecting from me; hell, in a year $100 won’t be enough to buy a hamburger)

SteveMG on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Popcorn please! Can’t wait to hear the lefty spin on this one.

O’Reilly had that big Obama supporter on last night (can’t remember his name. He’s the professor from Temple and talks rapidly and non-stop. Anyone know his name?) and he was not pleased with Obama about this.

Imagine The Great One ticking off nearly every demographic, except the MSM of course, within 3 months of office, including his base? Too ridiculous.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

He needs the CIA and alienating them is not a good political move, and every move he makes is politically motivated.

thomasaur on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

stinks of a back-room deal between W and O

gatorboy on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

He doesn’t want to screw the pooch.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Hot BO-on-Bo action?

Abby Adams on April 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Why on earth should CIA principles be prosecuted for following orders?
I suppose, O Creator of Worlds, you would like to say these agents are rogues.
I think they were following orders.
The memos are being released even as we speak.

strangelet on April 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Excellent decision.

You don’t punish people for following the supervisor’s orders.

People need to stop with the anti-Bush witchhunts that are permeating throughout our politics now.

Bush is gone. Move on.

I also am happy about his decision on habues coreus (I don’t think I spelled that right :( ) for the detainees.

They are NOT US citizens. Why should they get the rights under the US constitution? They are enemy combatants from another nation and should be treated under the Geneva Conventions at best.

Once Obama saw that (as a constitutional lawyer) he changed face relatively quickly.

Credit where credit is due.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Obama’s decision here is the correct one, even though I suspect his motivation was pure political expediency.

OhioCoastie on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Good move, Mr. President. I admire your decision on this issue.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

First going after the pirates, now this? If Dear Leader keeps up with this, I just might want Him to not fail.

rbj on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Saw an interesting theory about this on another board-the CIA knows that O’bama wasn’t really born in the US, and if they go on trial they will spill the beans.

I know, I know.

Del Dolemonte on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Correction: constitutional professor.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Why was this even a question in the first place? Only the DailyKos commenters of the world would actually expect this to happen. In the real world? I didn’t expect it to.

therightwinger on April 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM

the purist will have to flock to Ron Paul, where he is promising to abolish the CIA and FBI….but then he’s not a Socialist on other issues, just an idiot too.

jp on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

He may be a socialist but he is apparently not of the French variety….more like those that are willing to wear boots….

moxie_neanderthal on April 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Let us know when you hear the approach of muffled rotor blades, Del.

OhioCoastie on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

singlemalt_18 on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I don’t think I can agree with that. The rising tide of opposition to Obama and his Deomcrat cohorts’ policies evidenced by the tea parties is the result of spending political capital too fast. They’re pushing to get everything they want all at once and are not bothering to save any of the “let’s give him a chance” goodwill for later.

backwoods conservative on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

singlemalt_18 on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Smart decision as a politician. Spend your capital where it counts. Burn a whole bunch of bridges just to put some people in jail?

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Already happening. Some of his chief supporters are upset about this broken campaign promise.

Video here.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I’ll wager $100 that he did.

SteveMG on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

wouldn’t suprise me if part of the bailout mess was in part some sort of agreement like this.

but on the other thand, Now that he has to govern he really doesn’t have much choice but to do some common sense things in these areas.

this was always about the Far-Left trying to Moralize everything, in effort to cover up for their complete lack of Morality elsewhere.

jp on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

The CIA followed the legal procedures on this from the get-go. They sought legal consultation from the Department of Justice, Justice reviewed the CIA rationales for utilizing certain enhanced interrogation techniques, provided examples of what CIA thought would work and Justice signed off on it. The leading members of the appropriate oversight committees were briefed. It was a non-issue for most.

But, this could well backfire on Obama, since he, and Eric Holder, have given CIA much better than a mere get-out-of-jail-free card.

coldwarrior on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I’m not a lefty commenter, but I do think I’d like me some well-placed belly slaps, provided the interrogator would be from Fox News:

toliver on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

backwoods conservative on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

He is spending his capital on his priorities. This wasn’t obviously on his list.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Memo to Hannity: Don’t have Bernie Goldberg on tonight.

YYZ on April 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

toliver on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM</blockquote

toliver on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Video here.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

They’ll get over it relatively quickly. It’s a small issue. Healthcare, EFCA, and other things are higher on their list.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

strangelet:

Oh yeah, that is right. They are going after the big fish right? God you are so full of it.

Yeah, they will release the memos and you and your friends will screech and yammer and then what?

Obama lied to you. He never meant to go after anyone for anything.

While they are releasing memos, let them release Pelosi’s statements…the ones where she not only goes along with enhanced interrogation..but wants to be sure that they are doing enough.

Hypocrites.

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

coldwarrior on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Of course, because their the CIA and not just a run of the mill agency like the Department of Health.

You always give your national security team some leeway.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Zero influence? You recall all of the “mainstream” Dem pols going to Kos conventions, etc.? You are aware that MSM gets its talking points from these people, no? They are incredibly powerful.

RightWinged on April 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

575
President is great.
Why can’t you cons see the light?
Adults are in charge.

carbon_footprint on April 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

DarkKnight3565 on April 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Video here.

Sorry DarkKnight3565. My comment was a response to you.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Seymour Hersh will have something to say about this!

~yawn

moxie_neanderthal on April 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

The President said he will not look back but move forward.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Video here.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Maybe. I’m just surprised that they’re voicing any dissent with him or his policies.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Time for reflection?

What a lying sack of horse dung. He’s been interested in retribution, getting even, finger pointing etc. since before he got into office.

What did you expect from him AP?

Ryan Gandy on April 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

And always twirling. Twirling. Twirling towards freedom.

lorien1973 on April 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

strangelet:

Obama lied to you. He never meant to go after anyone for anything.

Hypocrites.

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

On this I don’t see Obama lying. He said he would change the policies but I never heard him say he would actually prosecute anyone.

Feel free to correct.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I blame Bush.

the_nile on April 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

stinks of a back-room deal between W and O

gatorboy on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

And I thought it was the Maverick that would give us Bush’s third term.

/sarc or not

el rey on April 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

He’s reserving his right to waterboard right-wing extremists.

Disturb the Universe on April 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM

And while we’re at it: major kudos to GWBush for not pardoning those guys – and thus forcing Obama do what he (Obama) so obviously would have to do.

ManUFan on April 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Never underestimate the power of denial & delusion in the lives of liberals. Somehow they will spin this broken promise just like they always do.

katiejane on April 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

LOL. Believe me, they have plenty of critizism against Obama. They feel that:

1). He should have nationalized the banks already.
2). He should fully prosecute Bush himself.
3). He should have pushed EFCA harder than he has.
4). He should be on on board with a complete single-payer healthcare solution instead of just having a government option.

I could go on and on but they feel Obama is a centrist and not fully on the left.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

ckoeber:

Obama allowed his idiot base to believe that there would be prosecutions, heads would roll etc…and besides, what has changed? I hear the NSA is in trouble for listening to too many phone calls in recent months. Obama has decided to use rendition, he has kept the right to use harsh interrogation methods if necessary, he has decided that people held in custody in Afghanistan have no rights in our courts…I would not be surprised if that is where a lot of the people at Gitmo end up.

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

So let’s say that if Obama did not lie outright, he definitely lied by omission.

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

He’s reserving his right to waterboard right-wing extremists.

Disturb the Universe on April 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Tru dat, playa!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Obama just needs to give a “Bush was right” speech and get it all out and over with.

The list is too long.

cntrlfrk on April 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

The list is too long.

cntrlfrk on April 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

That would just totally upset needalife

el rey on April 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Obambi could complain all he wants when he was holding the clip board on the sideline before he was accidentally elected to run the country. Funny he’s adopting many of the same Bush policies once he becomes the starting quarterback. The view is definitely different from the inside, eh? :)

poxoma on April 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM

el rey on April 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

getaclue is just a moderate who parrots everything Obama says and agrees with it all.

Don’t you get it? getaclue’s a moderate!

lorien1973 on April 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

ckoeber:

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Well, let’s be honest here.

It’s been approximately four months into Obama’s administration. My assumption here is that Obama is being incredibly cautious to change policies regarding our national security strategy due to the threats around the world. He is probably reviewing all of them.

So while you see here a defense of Bushes policies I see a review of them taking place. I would say that in a few years the policies will be changes, but not right away.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I can only imagine how much this burns his biscuits.

Dark-Star on April 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Besides, he’s about to spy with impunity on Americans, so it’s pretty much a wash.

Otis B on April 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Terrye on April 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

You can say that about virtually any politician. Usually they imply one thing (key word there) and then talk their way into another direction.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Get elected, get appointed, then backpedal like a wildebeast with a croc latched onto it’s front leg.

Right Eric Holder?

fogw on April 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM

The leading members of the appropriate oversight committees were briefed.
coldwarrior on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I believe you are correct. And I’d like to see someone ask that specifice question, i.e., which congress critters knew about these enhanced interrogation techniques?

mossberg500 on April 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Here’s another “war crime” they can’t prosecute Bush for.

Christian Conservative on April 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Popcorn please! Can’t wait to hear the lefty spin on this one.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I can’t remember his name off the top of my head either, but O has him on quite a bit. O had hit on a really good point that made that history revisionist Temple POS fumbling, unfortunately O didn’t elaborate enough on the point to really hammer this idiots absurd logic. Basically O mentioned that since the terrorists are civilians waging war they are not afforded rights under the GC, which in essence is true but again O didn’t elaborate enough on the point and had he done so it would have been a knock-out blow to this idiot professor!

Had O elaborated on this more by informing him that since the terrorists do not fight under the flag of a recognized nation nor do they wear the uniform of a recognized nation while conducting their war they fall under the legal definition of an “illegal enemy combatant” and thus does not afford them protections under the GC let alone habeas corpus protections of the US constitution. Hammering that home would of made the liberal Temple moonbat’s point/argument moot and exposed him for the BS artist he is!

Bottom line is if terrorists want to be treated under the protections of the GC then perhaps they should conduct their war in accordance with GC requirements, and we all know that will never happen.

This POS professor (and the liberal left in general) constantly amaze me in their attempt at moral equivelancy, it’s amazing in the fact they somehow believe the US is “criminal” in its treating of war prisoners, somehow worse than our enemies treat their war prisoners…proving the left and this professor need to back away from the crack pipe!

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Cover 1‘s A**

ericdijon on April 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Right Eric Holder?

fogw on April 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM

That’s one way to look at it. The other way would be to hold the position on interrogations and then actually look at the evidence.

“Oh shit! These mofo’s really are crazy! Guess George was right. Oh well.”

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

This is not the CIA I inherited.

Christien on April 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

by prosecuting members for loyally acting on the former president’s orders

are you saying that the former president is a war criminal? (and are you, as a corollary, saying that the nuremberg verdicts were wrong?)

sesquipedalian on April 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

mossberg500 on April 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Well, Pelosi knew about it. Even asked if these techniques were enough.

coldwarrior on April 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I saw the video as well.

O’Reilly brought up an excellent point with the Atomic Bomb dropping. Same premise but they wouldn’t prosecute the pilot of the plane.

Under the same logic we would need to prosecute every soldier for shooting the enemy.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM

(and are you, as a corollary, saying that the nuremberg verdicts were wrong?)

sesquipedalian on April 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Technically, it is Obama who is saying Nuremburg was wrong.

Otis B on April 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Good decision by the President. If stupid kids are willing to waterboard each other and post it on youtube, its not torture.

El_Terrible on April 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM

John Conyers – Unavailable for comment?

Kuffar on April 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Yeah, the dems were briefed and covering their asses.

Politics as usual.

We can stop with nobody is above the law and torture will happen to Americans in the future too.

No more torture prosecutions.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Technically, it is Obama who is saying Nuremburg was wrong.

yes. it doesn’t make me any happier.

sesquipedalian on April 16, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Good Lord. Are you people stupid?

He is saying he won’t prosecute if they broke the law. What courage.

faraway on April 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Mark Lamont Hill?

eaglescout1998 on April 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

oops

broke followed

faraway on April 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Yeah, the dems were briefed and covering their asses.
getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Wash out that dirty mouth young lady!

carbon_footprint on April 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Yeah, and heaven forbid our soldiers don’t read them their miranda rights…just absurd!

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Yeah, the dems were briefed and covering their asses.
getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Wash out that dirty mouth young lady!

carbon_footprint on April 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM

They were briefed on spying on you too.

The President voted for telcom amnesty before any could be charged.

He will give illegals amnesty too for fair and balance.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

This professor, Marc Lamont Hill, had a couple of moments where he revealed his true motivation with this issue:

“This is a good [decision by Obama for those] who support the CIA. It’s a bad thing for of us who want to see justice imposed.”

And who is the object of this justice? The terrorists? Nope.

“What we want to know now is not to reveal more crimes, but to link it to the Bush Administration.”

They will not be satisfied until they see President Bush tried and convicted. Craziness.

I agree with you about the Geneva Convention. O’Reilly dropped the ball on that one; I don’t think he articulated well that the terrorists don’t get those rights.

Video of last night’s interview here.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Maybe it was pointed out to Mr. Pantywaist that the Intelligence Community wasn’t looking for an organizer……..

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I hope ya’ll do not whine about illegal amnesty too.

It’s the dem end game for a permanent majority.

Silly laws do not matter.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

LOL. Believe me, they have plenty of critizism against Obama. . . .

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Yeah, for the lefties of the Democratic Party he hasn’t lurched far enough to the Left. I’m surprised to hear someone like M.L. Hill voicing dissent with Obama. Would you classify Hill as a leftie or moderate Dem?

But I don’t watch much TV news anymore, except last night or clips on the Internet. Maybe I’m missing some more moderate voices speaking out against Obama (because their aren’t any?) and it’s only the radical Left side of their party.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Resolve is an essential part of a nation’s defensive strategy. Nothing is more dangerous than giving barbarians the idea that a certain degree of barbarism might be tolerated, or that a civilized nation might be more interested in settling scores with itself than fighting its enemies.

Imagine a gang of outlaws is looking for a house to rob, so they send scouts to break into two houses and see how the residents respond. The first scout gets blown out of his shoes as soon as he sets foot on private property. The family is resolute and united. The father reloads his shotgun and tells the rest of the outlaw gang that any man who threatens his family is a dead man, no questions asked.

The second scout breaks into another house, and is confronted by a man with a shotgun… but his wife immediately begins screaming at him that if he dares to pull that trigger, he’s no better than the outlaws. The kids wail that guns frighten them, and beg Dad to set his gun down and talk to the outlaw scout. The family’s teenage daughter is impressed with the outlaw’s courage, and feels romantically attracted to his mystique, as well as feeling sorry for the desperate circumstances that must have led him to a life of crime. The wife tells the daughter and children that if they vote to make her the head of the household, she’ll use smart diplomacy to deal with further intruders, and promises to pawn the family shotgun and use the money to buy toys for the kids. Besides accusing her gun-toting husband of being violent and hateful, she accuses him of spending too much time at work and not caring for the family’s needs enough, and declares her intention to take out three more mortgages on the house to buy all the things she thinks the family should have. She sends the outlaw scout on his way with some money and a home-baked pie, confident that addressing his poverty and hunger will keep him from causing further problems.

Which house is getting robbed by the outlaws?

Doctor Zero on April 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

They were briefed on spying on you too.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

You are an even bigger fool than I first thought if you think this is in any way a good thing.

You realize this includes you as well, right?

Otis B on April 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

No more torture prosecutions.

getalife on April 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Once again lame and stale lefty meme from get-a-clue! The Islamo-fascists we are at war with do not wear a uniform of a recognized nation or fight under the flag of a recognized nation and therefore under the law are defined as illegal enemy combatants that are not afforded protections under the GC let alone protections under habeas corpus of the US constitution.

Furthermore there is absolutely no moral comparison between how the US conducts itself in this war and how our enemy does…absolutely NONE! The US doesn’t purposely target innocent civilians, it does not stage and execute its operations among civilians (e.g., hiding behind women and children and in places of worship) and the US doesn’t use suicide bombings killing innocent people as a tactic, it is our enemy that does the above and much more.

So get-a-clue, how exactly does water boarding illegal enemy combatants to obtain crucial intelligence to save military and civilian lives compare to what our enemy does?

I won’t hold my breath waiting for your answer as you have proven to me numerous times you have no answers or facts to rrefute me with, only more lame and stale memes from your lefty masters!

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Dr. Hill (the speaker in the video) would be to the left of Obama.

Obama himself is just to the left of Clinton but not an extreme lefty (or we would have nationalized banks by now as FDR did in his first 100 days).

That’s not to say criticism shouldn’t be levied but that if you are shooting for 100% accuracy that would be my humble opinion.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Yep I caught that too…he revealed his and the left’s true goal/agenda for sure. It has nothing to do with “justice” but has everything to do with their lingering BDS…like I said, they need to step away from the crack pipe!

Liberty or Death on April 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Dr. Hill (the speaker in the video) would be to the left of Obama.

ckoeber on April 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Thanks.

conservative pilgrim on April 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

It led to wild goose chases and does not work.

Your argument is bs but do like Arnold said and leave the illegals alone too.

Lets give them amnesty.