Video: Olby’s coverage of tea parties pretty much what you’d expect

posted at 10:09 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

Takes a while to get going, but pays off around 10:00 as Fineman huffs about speakers praising Bill Clinton and reassures Keith that America’s mayors are happy to spend that debt-inducing stimulus cash. Why are you worried about deficits, wingnut? Don’t you trust The One, or are you some sort of “extremist” or something?

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I AM AN EXTREMIST!

ThePrez on April 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I wonder if Rahm/Carville/Begala are getting paid overtime tonight…….

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM

but pays off around 10:00

You’re loonier than Keith.

Marcus on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Wasn’t even anything worth paying attention to

off to the San Diego tea party

Defector01 on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I’m still waiting for the mandatory MegMac post… I’m sure she’s raked her brain for some plagiarized lines or something…

Upstater85 on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I AM AN EXTREMIST!

ThePrez on April 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM

For a good laugh, take this quiz

Upstater85 on April 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

speaking of teabaggers…

right4life on April 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

An Olbie clip, where 10:00 minutes seems like 10:00 hours.

Marcus on April 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Yes, Olberdouche. They were all peaceful protests. Nothing like, say, window breaking that occurred at UNC. Ooohh. We’re all radicals! When do I get my jacket?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

How dare Americans call out this insane spending

/sarc

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM

“… a ‘vas deferens’…”

Ah, these libs and the endless teabagging innuendo; so clever, so smug, so… classy, yes?

Midas on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

i just got back from the nyc tea party, and the sole reporter other than from fox was this no name guy from cbs. And as he’s reporting, he “slips” and says “f–k this.”

Chiasmos on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

speaking of teabaggers…

right4life on April 15, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Have you listened to Mark Levin? He has it on good authority that there is no teabagging going on with Olberturd. It’s more like thimblebagging in his case.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Upstater85 on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I just finished her Twitter page! Not one word about “tea” thingies, but Tela Tequila is such a groovy chick-friend and she’s off to shop in NYC because DC is so stuffy for her and she rocks.

Marcus on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

People actually watch Olberdouche?

How can they stand his theatrics and his “this is my BIG boy voice” affectation?

Harpazo on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Wow, I made it to 3:45.

lowandslow on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Now I got to walk it off.

lowandslow on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Marcus on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

The future of the GOP? I think not. The future of the D’s. Probably.

Upstater85 on April 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Mr. Olbermann, please get Mrs. Precious Perfect and RESIGN.

I’m surprised that he didn’t tease his next segment by saying….”When we come back, more fallout from the teabagging. You don’t want to epididymis this.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Just got back from a Tea Party and march at the pier in Oceanside, Ca.

Fuck you, Keefums, just go back to what you were doing, giving your master a blow job.

GarandFan on April 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM

People actually watch Olberdouche?

Harpazo on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Only when there’s an Olbermann link in a blog like this. LOL I don’t watch then, either. I just read the commentary.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Signs from the Chicago Party.

SnarkVader on April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM

You don’t want to epididymis this.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Good one Doc!

I think. (thumbs frantically through Greys’ Anatomy)

Rhinoboy on April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Our LA TV crew interviewed some young people at the party and asked them about how they felt about all the teabagging jokes.

It was so nice to hear one of them say, “You mean, how they use college lingo to insult people?”

I’m quite amazed that these major networks are allowing this.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I bet all three people who actually watch his crappy little show were impressed.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM

My little town got a very good turnout.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM

GarandFan on April 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, I’m thinking all these snide teabagging references are just examples of even MORE lib projection.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Keith Olberman is simply the WORSEST person on Earth! He can’t differentiate between lawful, legal public speech and the foul spew that comes out of his mouth.

He should take his Agriculture Degree back to the barn.

SeniorD on April 15, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Chicago, ah yes Chicago. Snark, I am surprised that the Democrats did not send out goons to smack people around. No need however, they have CNN. They are goonish enough.

I wonder if goonish is a word.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Weenie. Small weenie.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Ann:

Are you actually in California?

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Everyone needs a bumper sticker that reads, “I AM AN EXTREMIST” so it makes it a little easier for the DHS/Obots to round us all up.

By the way, not clicking the image to watch. as you said, we already know.

Mommypundit on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I cannot stomach to glimpse bathtub boy – it will scar my retinas…..weird, same thing happens when I glimpse ogabe (ick)

Ris4victory on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Southern:

So small it might as well not even be there.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I wish some group would just run a ad telling the people what these scums at Msnbc & cnn are saying.Then list the companys that run ads on these shows.Don,t say do not buy there products .Just let the people know then they can choose to buy or not.

thmcbb on April 15, 2009 at 10:28 PM

How about we file a complaint with the FCC about using sexually perverse language on the public airwaves? Try that one on for size, bathtub boy.

gordo on April 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Mommypundit on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Cafe Press: Here ya go, MP.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Term limits….

d1carter on April 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Good one Doc!

I think. (thumbs frantically through Greys’ Anatomy)

Rhinoboy on April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM

That was the scientist/edumucator in me.

Here’s another one…..

I’m surprised he didn’t sign off of his “speshal Komment” by saying, “With testicular fortitude, good night and good luck.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Who would sit through 10 seconds of Olbermann let alone 10 minutes? No thanks allah…Rather be forced to make out with Rachel Maddow.

therightwinger on April 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

So mayors / politicians are happy to get money from the stimulus bill…..well knock me over with a feather.

/sarc

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

therightwinger on April 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Darn nice of you.. you do know there are people in this country still eating dinner.

/sarc

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Want to file a complaint against NBC?

gordo on April 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Course it is hard to change positions right in the middle of teabagging

What are you talking about, Keithe? Are you alluding to some personal experience? P.s. When you stop teabagging your producer please email whatever contact info you have for that cute republican in the video…I think she and I could have a great time doing something so much larger than your wretched little teabagging life could imagine!

pomerpants on April 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Obama: the Tax Code helps “insiders who game the system”? You mean your appointees???

PattyJ on April 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I just can’t force myself to watch it.

How do you guys do it?

Sure glad I can read your comments instead of pressing play.

Thanks, folks.

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM

…Rather be forced to make out with Rachel Maddow.

therightwinger on April 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Man, I don’t even know you, but I can’t let you do that. That’s disgusting to even TALK about

JoeAvg on April 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Couldn’t pull in the numbers they wanted….

He’s just pissed that he can’t pull in numbers like that for that for his show. This man is extremely hard to listen to, couldn’t get all the way through the clip. Is he always this condescending and smug?

Also, if I’m hearing things correctly, Olby is for cap and trade, for higher taxes and for the erosion of personal freedom. Maybe he’s hoping for a constitutional amendment that forces people to watch his show.

Last point: All the protesters seemed to be concerned about following the law. This is something that really had to piss the libs off.

Tommy_G on April 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Move forward to November 6, 2010…………..

Keith Olberman quoted as saying after Conservatives take over control of the House and Senate………….

………… “What the hell happened?”

Seven Percent Solution on April 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

You might be an extremist if: 1) you value your gun 2)your favorite color is camouflage 3) you post on right wing blogs 4)you actually think your prayers will get answered 5)you think Rush could be the de facto head of the GOP 6)your children can quote the Preamble 7)you wave the American flag at parades 8)you drive around for an hour looking for a parking place so you can attend a tea party 9)you value the the rights of the individual 10) the left is scared to death of your ideals

jeanie on April 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM

“Teabaggers go Nuts”
Mommy, what is that strange man talking about?

RobCon on April 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM

lol…desperate times. death is always an option, i guess.

therightwinger on April 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Olbie… In a just world, he would be reduced to entertaining his legionnette of puppet-headed fans on some seldom watched, third-rate network…

Oh, well…

CaptFlood on April 15, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Hey Olberman, OPEN WIDE!

EZnSF on April 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Yes, Terrye..

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Oh………….thank you all for your continued sense of humor and snipes at these a$$e$ that have no clue to what everyone is really feeling in this country right now. I don’t post often because I’m not as articulate as the rest of you but I log on everyday and I love you all. You give me hope!

antiquechick on April 15, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Keith and Susan would make a GREAT couple!

Ryan Gandy on April 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM

How many times do Olby and Madcow need to say teabag to get it out of their system? They are like 12 year olds. But the organizers should stop using the word. It just gives MSNBC ammo.

Speedwagon82 on April 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I agree, speedwagon. It’s very immature, but then….why am I surprised?

A lot of their political commentary is not just differing opinions. I rather like that debate and give and take. It’s the immaturity that drove me nuts.

Why should they be more grown up now?

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Maddow and Olbermann should be pelted with soggy teabags until they get the message.

Dreadnought223 on April 15, 2009 at 11:22 PM

One of his funniest shows.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM

No wonder Olby and the MSM are having hissy fits over Tea Parties and Fox News. These Tea Parties resonated nationwide. I’d be very nervous if I were Olby, the MSM, Obama and the Dems.

Let’s see…. Mark Levin’s “Liberty and Tyranny” is #1 best seller (my local Barnes & Noble told me they sold out because they failed to anticipate the public demand for this book – I’m still waiting for my copy). Fox News Channel is #1 cable news network. Tea Parties happening in all 50 states (even blue states!). The people are stirring and waking from their long slumber. This is how revolutions get started.

sarahpalinfan99 on April 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM

The people will keep voting the Dem’s into office until inflation hits. Then we run the risk of having the kind of civil discord that hasn’t been seen in this country for decades. You can only squeeze the productive people for so long until they finally pack up and seek life elsewhere. In the age of globalization and greater mobility it’s not just a right wing delusion.

Stickeehands on April 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I could only watch about 37 seconds before I had this bad upchuck feeling in the back of my mouth.

Seems like Chris has a ‘teabagging fetish’ if you ask me.

I guess this is supposed to be more of a bad SNL sketch right?

Right?

RedbonePro on April 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I mean Keith… hard to tell the difference sometimes.

RedbonePro on April 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Retirement outside of the states is already quite a trend that I sure don’t remember from the past.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Earlier this PM I read an MSM article headlined “thousands attend Tea Parties”. Just rambled over there now only to see the new headline “tens of thousands attend tea parties”. Hoping tomorrow that it will have to read hundreds of thousands… This should give a big impetus to the July 4th tea parties. Going to bring a lunch and a folding chair this time, my knitting and a big sign that I can stick into the ground and enjoy the event. Wondering if the local GOP would consider giving out small cups of iced tea?

jeanie on April 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Want to file a complaint against NBC?

The FCC doesn’t cover cable, yet. NBC would have to broadcast it on the network before the FCC had jurisdiction.

rw on April 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Our local 10 o’clock news just ran a very negative story on the local tea party in Wichita, KS. Although at least the party-goers they interviewed all said good stuff without sounding “extremist”, the reporter countered every positive with a “but”. An example (from their website):

“Many billed the tea party protests as a grass-roots movement organized by ordinary Americans. FactFinder 12 discovered while it’s true, people used social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook to organize, they were not alone. The group Americans for Prosperity was heavily involved in setting up the tea parties. AFP is an advocacy group chaired by David Koch. Another group helping to organize events was the conservative think tank FreedomWorks. The organization is run by former Republican House leader Dick Armey.”

Good thing “FactFinder 12″ is on the ball. Sheesh.

They also quote an AP story that claims the parties were “Whipped up by conservative commentators and bloggers” and “The rallies were directed at President Barack Obama’s new administration”.

KS Rex on April 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM

SnarkVader
I was at the Chi rally.
I had the sign made out to look like a check made out to the US Goverment for the amount of ‘”an arm, leg, first born child” and signed “Future Generations”.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 15, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Huh.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Couldn’t get past 45 seconds. The guy is an offensive idiot and… well, why bother.

davo on April 16, 2009 at 12:06 AM

The only way I’ll watch Olberman… is if he takes a flying f*ck at a rolling donut.

profitsbeard on April 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM

I got my slide show up and photos for the Denton Texas Tea Party we had a surprise, Jesus showed up. He was wearing authentic biblical garb.

Dr Evil on April 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I can’t believe I watched the whole thing!

carbon_footprint on April 16, 2009 at 12:31 AM

olby and fineman . . . Sorry AP

Ain’t watching those two . I’d rather have a tooth pulled. . . . .with a hammer.

Texyank on April 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Good god…this tool is sourcing video from Kos…of course. Is the the lefty we were afraid of offending?

AUINSC on April 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Here are my photos from the New York City Tea Party. Huge crowd. Video to come.

Urban Infidel on April 16, 2009 at 12:50 AM

so much for all of these protesters being “right-wing” wackos. Of all the signs I saw on TV and elsewhere today there was only 1 that I thought went over the line. It was the guy in chicago with the jews in the oven thing. That was way over the line.

ousoonerfan15 on April 16, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Remember when Democrats were extremely worried about the “runaway spending and record deficits” under President Bush?

These fascists have taken 1984 and turned it into a field manual.

sulla on April 16, 2009 at 1:27 AM

My favorite sign was a guy behind me with:
“I feel like a cargo ship in Somali waters”

right2bright on April 16, 2009 at 2:16 AM

I wouldn’t even dignify this assclown with watching what he has to say. There’s a reason ESPN wanted nothing more to do with him. And why when they had a special a few years back bringing back ex-employees to have on the air 1 day he was left off the list. Maybe GE will get a clue and dump people like him, but I’m not holding my breath.

gsherin on April 16, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Oh, Olby is such a rich elitist with the millions he makes that he can laugh and scoff at those little people like us who protest higher taxes. How ironic that Olby is now a defender of the status quo. Times are a changin’ indeed!

sarahpalinfan99 on April 16, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Takes a while to get going, but pays off around 10:00

10 minutes of that? Really?

I couldn’t get to the 2 minute mark. Is there anybody — anybody — on MSNBC who doesn’t still think “teabagging” is the funniest bit they ever heard? There has to be some other angle they can lampoon, right?

I mean, they’re the smartest, snarkiest, most well-informed and pompously self-righteous people in the universe, and they can only come up with ONE joke? About a sex act they ALL seem remarkably familiar with?

Yeah, I bet there’s a big payoff to this “teabagging” bit.

cruadin on April 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Olby’s coverage of tea parties pretty much what you’d expect

I’m sure Olby, Meacham and their four viewers are very pleased with this segment.

sdun1 on April 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM

I AM AN EXTREMIST!

ThePrez on April 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Observe, in politics, that the term extremism has become a synonym of “evil,” regardless of the content of the issue (the evil is not what you are extreme about, but that you are “extreme” — i.e., consistent). –Ayn Rand

Glenn Jericho on April 16, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Olbergoebbels is a SOUTH PARK episode waiting to happen. Last week’s “Kanye West” could’ve been Olbergoebbels,only problem is no one but political junkies would get it..

The hypocrisy on “Meltdown” is at epic levels, starting with the night Howard”Yeeeeaaaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!”Dean said calling a sitting President a fascist is a stupid thing to do, as Olbergoebbels shifted his half ton frame in discomfort.

This is all Karma related, Olbergoebbels’ Karma is black…

adamsmith on April 16, 2009 at 7:07 AM

You know, I see how this assclown Olbermann is, what his inane views are, and despite the fact that his network’s ratings are being driven into the ground night after night after night, he still insists of blathering idiocy like the fact that people like me who are sick and tired of seeing what is happening in this country are “right-wing kooks”.

I mean, does this guy live in the inner confines of his own mind that he refuses to see what is really happening around him?

pilamaye on April 16, 2009 at 7:13 AM

The last time Olbermann was worth paying attention to for 10 minutes at a time was the day before he hit his head on that subway door.

Jim Treacher on April 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Anderson Cooper notes, it is hard to talk when you are teabagging. And Anderson would know!

Mr. Joe on April 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Sorry AP, but if you’re going to work to make Mr. O rich and famous again, I’m going to have to continue pointing out how stupid it is to do so. Olby is a success because idiots get mad at him and yell about him. In the meantime, …

First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, Freedom of Religion, and of assembly; right to petition,

Second Amendment – Right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fifth Amendment – due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, eminent domain.
No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Eighth Amendment – Prohibition of excessive bail and cruel and unusual punishment.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment – Powers of States and people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

doufree on April 16, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Olby’s Teabag fixation continues…
They just don’t get it. They will try to minimize the movement, call it radical, but everyone who sees the average Tea party attendee will know that this is utter hogwash. What we are seeing is a groud up movement of average Americans, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents and Democrats who just don’t want to see their country morphed into an Orwellian “Utopia”.

As for the size of these events, the Left SHOULD be concerned. I attended the tea party in Duluth, MN, hardly a Conservative city where we had attendence of something like 700 people. That is a LOT of people at 12:15 in the afternoon during a work day. Nobody was paid ala ACORN to attend…we went anyway.

I have heard that Olby once attempted a teabagging of his own, but the teabag was found to be empty–who’da thunk?

darkmetal on April 16, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Anyone catch that Obama quote on overhauling the tax code (~4:13)?

But I want every American to know that we will rewrite the tax codes that have puts your interests over special interests.

Freudian slip?

Davalf on April 16, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Everytime I see Olby’s face wether on ESPN or anywhere else, it just makes me want to put a boot through the screen. The guy should be put in a zoo.

Kuffar on April 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM

He sounds like a man of experience

Kuffar on April 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM

By hosting Olberman you have tripled his audience. Before only his mom and his son and all his pals at the bath house watched him. Hilarious to see condescension from a closet homosexual who graduated from a cow college. Oberman’s boy followed him into the bath house and is a drug dealer. Olberman pretends to be from the Ivy League because he went to a cow college named Cornell and not the Ivy League school.

Jerricho68 on April 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Care to take a guess how Obermann and the tingly legged Chris Matthews even know what Tea Bagging means? Both Obermann and Matthews fathered cake boys who are convicted drug dealers. The fruit does not fall too far from the tree.

Jerricho68 on April 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Precisely.

Although I would have been smarter if I never bought this stock in the first place (namely because it’s a loser) I dumped GE specifically because of arseholes like Überflan that GE continues to place out front as faces of the company.

Just. Pathetic.