Video: New tea parties already being planned for July 4

posted at 7:05 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via HuffPo, an early answer from D.C. party organizer Rebecca Wales to the question of whether the tea party movement has legs. She’s a trooper to be looking ahead after today’s ordeal: Not only did it rain in D.C. but their shipment of tea bags was turned away and their rally in front of the Treasury building was canceled, both for want of a permit. The cops had to clear Lafayette Park too after someone threw a tea bag onto the White House grounds. No matter — 3,000 people turned out and Wales is hearing rumbles about a Million Person March. Who’s ready for a July 4 march to the Capitol in D.C.’s 100+ degree summer heat?

Below the interview you’ll find highlights from the party courtesy of Politico. If there’s a protest happening and cameras on the scene, Code Pink can’t be far away…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I understand the emotional / historical significance of marching on D.C. on July 4th BUT………..

Shouldn’t the march happen when congress is IN SESSION?

Barrack on April 16, 2009 at 5:53 AM

I’ll be there.

fireweednectar on April 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I’ll be there too!

Eyvonne on April 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Shouldn’t the march happen when congress is IN SESSION?

Barrack on April 16, 2009 at 5:53 AM

They should be home in their districts, on July 4th, where they can have an up front hands on view of their constituents Outrage at their behavior. They are isolated in D.C. in a bubble with their cohorts not so much when they have to face the music back home.

Dr Evil on April 16, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I think the plan is to have protests pretty much continue through the midterm elections. We need to make sure that the people protesting now will still be mad come Nov 2010.

jeffn21 on April 16, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Man, I need some inspiration.

Am I feeling the effects of reading too much Allahpundit? I just don’t like protesting. It feels too much like we’re doing nothing. Liberals protest. Liberals bleat the response to some phony leader with a megaphone. Can’t we get from protesting to something a little more active? Honestly, I’m sitting here on the sidelines waiting for someone to create a PAC or something substantial that I can donate/get involved with because clearly the Republican party is not where it’s at.

I’ll change that view when Michel Steel bans non-republicans from voting in the primaries. For now, I’m a little lost lamb, boo hoo.

StartinOver on April 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I’m not much for protesting myself. Can’t we just vote them all out of office and be done with it.

Allow me to clarify: I don’t mean put someone else in that office- I mean just kick the current occupants out and leave the desks empty. Empty desks can’t do anymore harm than the traitors sitting at them now.

Browncoatone on April 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Last I heard, members of the Boston Tea Party did not apply for a permit to dump tea confiscated from ships into the harbor.
Or did I miss that part of history?
I can see it now in the local tavern:
Madison: I hear they might protest taxes by dumping tea into the harbor?
Jefferson: I’m there!
Adams: I heard you have to file & pay for a permit to do this.
Washington: Let’s just forget it. Nothing we do will make an impact anyway.
Franklin *Nods-takes a long drink*
Thank God they had the ba!!$ to actually do something illegal in order to make a difference.
Code Pink & all those wackos do it-to no logical end.
Will right thinking Americans defend their Constitution by doing something ‘illegal’?
Shocker.

Badger40 on April 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Empty desks can’t do anymore harm than the traitors sitting at them now.

Browncoatone on April 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Exaclty why we should not be whining about OBama’s empty posts.
I think he’s done enough damage with his appointments already.

Badger40 on April 16, 2009 at 11:53 AM

“after someone threw a tea bag onto the White House grounds.”

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times… YOU CAN’T DRINK TEA ON WHITE HOUSE GROUNDS!!!

Kevin M on April 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM