Video: Glenn Beck interviews Ted Nugent at the Alamo

posted at 9:09 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

A surprisingly subued GB at the site of America’s Masada finds the nearest guitar hero/libertarian and queries him as to whether he’s in favor big government or not. Surprise: Not. Always a good idea to give air time to people who have invited the president to suck on his gun.

If you want to see the Nuge shred the national anthem, click here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I think the Canadian Army was deactivated because their tank is in the shop.

Jerricho68 on April 16, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I love that the Left ridicules one draft dodger while holding up another (Bruce Springsteen)as the voice of the people.

Or is it okay because Bruce just pretended to be gay to avoid the draft?

Disturb the Universe on April 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I think that Bruce Springsteen and Ted Nugent would make a lovely couple.

Frankly, I don’t have any use whatsoever for either of them.

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Great turnout in San Antonio. Good job by Beck to show the significance of the Alamo to those public propaganda school-taught populace. And in contrast to the mess the libs left in DC after the inauguration, the San Antonio group didn’t even stand on the hallowed grass of the Alamo. Go Glenn.

Christian Conservative on April 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Ted Nugent isn’t some weenie who is afraid to express himself because someone might be offended. He actually practices what he preaches, unlike most of the politicians out there and it’s refreshing to have him on the air. We need an entire country like him!

flytier on April 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

A whole nation of draft dodging blowhards? Yah, that would work out real well.

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM

AP taught me a new word today. Masada.

Thanks, bud!

Kevin M on April 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

MB4, you gotta try harder. Go back to HuffPo and Kos and learn how to disrupt a forum like a man.

Jeez, I loathe these weenies.

Venusian Visitor on April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

…at the site of America’s Masada….

AP

…not even close.

I have no idea if anyone’s taken this up yet, but I shall.

Not hardly a Masada. More on target would be an “American Thermopylae”…in fact, reflecting upon it, it would be a lot more on target….

That is not to detract from Masada, by any means…it’s just not anything close to a parallel.

More on-topic, I was at the Alamo yesterday and saw the prep and then the taping (and my dear, distressed dogs, curled up in my boots, can attest to that)…I thought the Ted — usually as buoyed and boisterous as a speed freak Scientology — was almost relaxed (for him)….

…meanwhile, I thought that Glenn was a hoot. He was funny, approachable, and about as hot and uncomfortable as I was…except that he had a bottle of water and didn’t have forty-’leven other ne’er-do-wells clustered cheek-to-jowl with him…but, then, I didn’t have to do a show on a national satellite hookup…I just had to stand and sweat…so, we’re even….

Tell me something, AP: why all the “pissing from a great and holy height” here on HA when Mr. Beck is mentioned…or, for that fact, when Mr. Nugent is occasionally mentioned? They aren’t cool somehow? They violate some sort of conservative blog noise ordnance?

I ask because I like ‘em both. I’ve even got a couple of their books. They’ve said a few mighty nice things in the past, worthy of remembering, and taken overall are pretty positive on the rather narrow band that is the conservative movement…so long as one is an independent thinker and not a sheep, needing a leader…and so long as one takes both of ‘em, individually and together, with a generous portion of salt…they talk ideas, but lather each one with a generous portion of schtick…and, I’d bet, both of ‘em would agree, and suggest the salt, as well….

The rather disconcerting thing about blogging here is that, occasionally, the “snob-factor” gain knob is stuck on “11″…folks get all snotty because the guy or gal opining isn’t cool enough…isn’t “country-club-cool”, isn’t “student-union-cool”, isn’t “Madame de Stael’s-salon-cool”….

…it’s almost as if, sometimes, people line up to talk about the person and their presentation, and the idea the person presents is left unexplored…it’s the political blog equivalent of cliques in high school judging folks on their notebooks, clothes and cars….

…don’t like Nugent’s presentation? OK. What does he say? Nooooooowwwww…don’t like what he’s saying, don’t like the logic, or like the logic but are uneasy about the options he presents along that line if logic…that’s a little closer….

…oh…and if it’s a matter of “I don’t want him getting confused with me”, along the line of “I don’t want any of his Nugent/Beck cooties”, nobody here should worry…none of us here have a nationally sucessful radio/television career (and if you do, good on ya)…and nobody, and I mean nobody, is as cool as Uncle Ted. But nobody.

It’s sometimes as if Meghan McCain blogged here…all snarky, but not about core issues…not disagreeing…rather, bumming about how being a conservative means that her cool friends tease her about hobnobbing with rednecks.

Speaking as a redneck, I resent being treated as a peasant, whether from the left or the right…if the more fashionable grievance groups and protected minorities can be offended-on-demand, so can I….

…anyway…other than the heat, sweat, and lady hitting my hat with her telephoto lens (*whack!*) time after time, I look forward to further installments of “extremists on parade”…the flags, the signs, the lack of mainstream reportage, the Speaker of the House suggesting that people expressing honest outrage are dishonest sell-outs…the whole nine….

Puritan1648 on April 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM

as buoyed and boisterous as a speed freak on Scientology

…corrected….

Puritan1648 on April 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I didn’t know where else to put this, very funny story:

Christian missionary converted to atheism by tribe.

Typhonsentra on April 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM

MB4 has it right. Nugent’s all hat and no cattle when it comes to political issues, and Beck’s just a lightweight goofball. Give it to Ted though when it comes to his axe…top 10 player all time, no doubt.

dakine on April 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I didn’t know where else to put this, very funny story:

Christian missionary converted to atheism by tribe.

Typhonsentra on April 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Neat! I just put it in my shopping cart. I wish it was available in audio version (with recordings of the Pirahãs).

RushBaby on April 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Ah, so the stupid things Kerry said and did when he was young and stupid are unforgivable and an indication of bad character, but Ted Nugent gets a pass. How amazingly retarded.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Funny, but I don’t remember reading where Ted Nugent was hanging around the traitor Jane Fonda at around the same time she was photographed smiling sitting atop AA guns the NVA was using to shoot down American pilots.

John Kerry was.

If you cannot distinguish between the two, then it is no wonder you are a liberal.

-Dave

Dave R. on April 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Jeez, I loathe these weenies.

Venusian Visitor on April 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

You sound like an empty headed spoiled child.

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Kerry was an elected official running for high office…Mr. Nugent is not.

Or is it usual nowadays for Democrats to hold their political leaders to the same standards as un-elected celebrities?

How many juicy stories can we (easily) dig up on the myriad of Leftist celebrities out there stumping for the Democrats? Don’t think we need to go there.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 17, 2009 at 2:39 AM

I think the kind of “conservative” “critique” that Glenn is subjected to comes from that slice of “conservatism” that helped lose the last couple of elections: Those who crave approval at some level from the left – or at least the so-called “moderates” – and who find themselves somehow embarassed when true conservative values raise their “ugly” heads.

Come on! Let’s just be honest about our beliefs and values. If you’re embarassed to be a conservative because someone on the left might not like you, own up to it, and register “D”

Anyway. That’s where I think this all comes from.

seanrobins on April 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I believe Ted Nugent at the time of the Vietnam war, was hippie. A family member used to practice guitar with Ted back in the early days. The family member enlisted in the Marines, served a tour in the worst years and does not denounce Ted. The era was vulgar, drug soaked, anti American, and crazed, a lot like now. Non conformity meant ostracism and the youth were ruthless cutting out those who did not join the drug frenzy

However Ted Nugen has grown up. I would rather face a mortal enemy with him by my side than Obama, Barney Frank, Nacy Pelosi or many of the brave members of Congress who sang God Bless America at the Capitol for the camera after 911 but fled like rats during the anthrax scare leaving postal workers to face the germs on their own

I find Glenn Beck refreshing.

Beck is taking the same hits as Palin in the conservative blogs, which means the liberals are worried about his influence also

I dislike people playing with the Star Spangled Banner to show off their musicality, but I enjoyed Nugents playing. His music was an anthem of power and spoke to the crowd. I would stand clear of Nugent if he had a chain saw in his hands, however. Good man.

entagor on April 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Therefor, what? If that means what you seem to imply, then your illogical is absolutely mind boggling.

I think you have been watching way too many movies.

entagor on April 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Personally, I would rather have blowhard Huhnerfalken Nugent in front of me where I could better keep an eye on him. As to someone at my side, I would prefer someone picked at random from a state prison or mental institution over him.

MB4 on April 17, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Puritan1648 on April 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Are you a dude rancher?
I personally do not come in contact with camera-people on our ranch unless they are driving by while we’re playing around by the highway.

Badger40 on April 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Are you a dude rancher?

Badger40 on April 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

…huh?

…let’s review the facts:

…I was at a gathering….

…celebrities were present….

…we were packed in tightly together, everyone trying to see the celebrities….

…and this lady didn’t think that her cameraphone would take the pics she wanted to immortalize in her album….

…dude ranch? Context, my son, context….

Puritan1648 on April 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Puritan1648

I was there too. It was a great day and I was glad that Beck and Ted Nugent were there to show off the Alamo and the Texas spirit in such a great way. I loved the explanation of the Goliad flag.

Badger40 does not understand, it is a Texas thang.

armygirl on April 17, 2009 at 11:05 PM