Video: Anderson Cooper wants in on the teabagging action

posted at 12:47 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

In which your humble correspondent strains mightily not to crack wise when AC says, “It’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging.” I guess when you’re fourth in the ratings in primetime, one way to move up is to lift jokes from the people ahead of you. Although in Cooper’s defense, the partisan motivation here isn’t as clear as it is with MSNBC (which has been so juvenile and derisive about the tea parties as to draw criticism from, of all place, the LA Times). Could be Coop just wanted to make Gergen giggle with a little well-placed scroat humor. Why, just look at that impish, knowing grin. Submitted for your consideration, Peabody committee.

Below the clip you’ll find a link to R.S. McCain’s latest contribution to the Greenroom, a clip from last night’s Maddow show in which Rachel herself gets teabagged. Bet she never thought that would happen to her, huh? Click the image to watch.

Comments

The MSM continues to cover itself in glory…and other stuff.

AUINSC on April 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Or planning the after show party.

lorien1973 on April 15, 2009 at 12:51 PM

too bad, I don’t have too much of a problem with Cooper. Do these Media types understand the impact of their hatred on people?

rob verdi on April 15, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Maddow needs more then a Tea Bag!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Heh. Juvenile humor is so rewarding. I honestly never thought that the frat-boy’s favorite joke would end up on primetime news shows. And to think that drunken college boys dragging their huevos across each others’ foreheads would be a leading indicator of grassroots dissatisfaction with compulsory giving to Uncle Sam…

Flyover Country on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Video: Anderson Cooper wants in on the teabagging action

I bet he does. I bet he does.

amerpundit on April 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

It’s even harder to talk when your head’s up your ass. You’d think he’d know that by now.

Pcoop on April 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Ya think Cooper is a top or bottom, bagger or baggee?

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Maddow needs more than a Tea Bag!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I was thinking paper bag.

Vashta.Nerada on April 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Unlike Maddow, we can assume Anderson’s done enough teabagging to warrant Lipton as his middle name…

jon1979 on April 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Maddow needs more then a Tea Bag!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I bet I could get her to switch teams. Hmmmm…. I’ve never seen a full body shot of her. What’s she shaped like?

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Scrotum humor. Are they defending violence against women?

portlandon on April 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I was thinking paper bag.

Vashta.Nerada on April 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I disagree. She actually has good facial features. With longer hair, she’d look worlds different.

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM

You’re a model of restraint. Really.

TexasDan on April 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM

AC would know…

D2Boston on April 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Andy Vanderbilt should know all about teabagging.

JammieWearingFool on April 15, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Andy Vanderbilt should know all about teabagging.

JammieWearingFool on April 15, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Apparently his mom has written about it extensively.

Pasalubong on April 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Cooper is obviously speaking from experience. :-)

-Dave

Dave R. on April 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Anderson Cooper was really going to be CNN’s supah-star. Their big ratings giant. Too bad his stock at that network currently is about as valuable today as owning Enron. 4th place you say?, Anderson giggles.

Marcus on April 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Ya think Cooper is a top or bottom, bagger or baggee?

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Definitely the baggee… He’s the sensitive, takes orders & submissive type

SoxNation on April 15, 2009 at 1:05 PM

better a tea-bagger than a douche-bagger like the ones we’ve endured for the past eight years…

jcrue on April 15, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Wasn’t it Santelli at Cnbc that started the Tea party? Why blame Fox and Rush.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Gosh Anderson, miss the irony much?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Wasn’t it Santelli at Cnbc that started the Tea party? Why blame Fox and Rush.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Michelle has the story, it started before Santelli.

SoxNation on April 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Rachel Maddow can’t get teabagged cause women don’t have testicles.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Wasn’t it Santelli at Cnbc that started the Tea party? Why blame Fox and Rush.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM

There’s a nice Santelli video (from today) here about the goings-on, btw.

Spirit of 1776 on April 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Michelle has the story, it started before Santelli.

SoxNation on April 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM

But he made it the “Tea party” right? Which gave it a bit more historic cred.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:15 PM

How very sad that the media laughs at and mocks those that are the very foundation of this country.

Historic election indeed……

dmann on April 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Rachel Maddow can’t get teabagged cause women don’t have testicles.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Oh Ye of little knowledge!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM

But he made it the “Tea party” right? Which gave it a bit more historic cred.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Right… It started as porkulus protests, people were already calling for a tea party. Santelli’s rant sure helped people, dare I say, organize.

SoxNation on April 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Oh Ye of little knowledge!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I guess I’ll have to recheck once my wife comes home after work.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Condescension, thy name is MSM.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I guess I’ll have to recheck once my wife comes home after work.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM

You’re not getting it.

Google: “dictionary of obscure sexual terms”

That’s not for the faint of heart, so be warned.

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM

When in the military … you learn all sorts of things you would rather be “innocent too”. But alas… I am just a lone female in a male dominated world.

**bats eyes**

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

You’re not getting it.

Google: “dictionary of obscure sexual terms”

That’s not for the faint of heart, so be warned.

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Ahhhhh, got it. Damn, and to think that at age 45, I had surpassed naievete.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Ahhhhh, got it. Damn, and to think that at age 45, I had surpassed naievete.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

It is ok Fly. I just wouldn’t recommend you do it to your wife! Something may come up.. missing.

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Yeah she’s 3/4 Cherokee, don’t want to piss her off.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I got my filthy mouth from my Army ex-husband.
We are all affected!

Badger40 on April 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I got my filthy mouth from my Army ex-husband.
We are all affected!

Badger40 on April 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I would say lets go out and have a couple drinks when i am in your neighborhood.. but I am not a good drunk and my mouth makes my Uncle (who is a Navy Vet) blush.

Darn that Army!

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I always figured Anderson Vanderbilt as more of a salad-tosser.

Travis Bickle on April 15, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Edward R. Murrow eat your heart out.

Ted Torgerson on April 15, 2009 at 1:47 PM

well, if you know veterans, that makes you a right wing extremist. guess my father-in-law who fought the japs on the phillipines was one. or my brother who went to baghdad during the fall of that city is one too. or my brother-in-law who is a vietnam vet? (and he really enjoyed his tour, let me tell you).

kelley in virginia on April 15, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Limbaugh is explaining “teabagging” right now. lulz

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Maddow needs more than a Tea Bag!
upinak on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

She actually needs a nutsack.

TexasJew on April 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Where was the media mocking the left during the anti-war protests. Oh yeah, that’s right, they were telling us how the left was speaking for everyone, and the failure of the Bush administration. And people think there is no media bias.

MDWNJ on April 15, 2009 at 1:57 PM

You all really need to watch when David Gergen was confronted about his membership to the Bohemian Grove, especially when he’s asked if he’s ever taken part in The Cremation of Care ceremony where they do a mock human sacrifice.

It’s so rare to see one of these machine statist confronted with the truth.

True_King on April 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I don’t find South Park nearly as edgy now…

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Oh Noez, the 14 Libertarians in the country are angry someone else is capable of reading American History and knowing about Tea Parties! This is Example #1 why Libertarianism is doomed to failure if it can’t join up with the mainstream conservatism of the Republican Party. Don’t these morons have anything better to do than suck up to a socialist like Maddow when Republicans control no branches of the government but Maddow’s party does.

Speedwagon82 on April 15, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I don’t find South Park nearly as edgy now…

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I don’t know about that. I wasn’t too impressed with last weeks episode, but Kanye West must have seen it since he responded publicly to it.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM

There’s just no good response to something like this. Didn’t they used to fire people for this kind of inappropriate humor on the air? Janet Jackson’s breast is verboten but this is ok? I’m not understanding this at all.

BrideOfRove on April 15, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Gee, John Gibson was nearly harpooned by the bogus “bright blue scotum” scandal some weeks ago which was shocking and racists but now since the left waves the jewels at right-wing expense, its jocular and witty. Gotta love the double standard.

RobCon on April 15, 2009 at 2:08 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I missed that episode. What stirred up Kanye?

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

The CNN and MSNBC Business Model Don’t watch our channel pulease the Majority of Americans should not watch our channel look we are going to make fun of you and ridicule you see we know you have money and might by our sponsor’s products and you might raise our ratings but pulease resist the temptation to view our Network LMAO! They are chopping off their noses to spite their faces. Don’t Like getting a paycheck at CNN, and don’t want to continue in gainful employment keep it up keep alienating potential viewers who have you know money cause they pay taxes “This isn’t Rocket Science” keep it up it’s working, you will get laid off replaced by a teleprompter screen it is already working on the internet.

Dr Evil on April 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

The same media laughing about “tea-bagging” to a prime time family audience also professed shock and horror at “pubic hair on coke”, wide stance in a bathroom stall and saucy texts to congressional pages.
The public is almost conditioned to be shocked at Coultor but charmed by Maddow.

RobCon on April 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Maddow needs more than a Tea Bag!
upinak on April 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM

She actually needs a nutsack.

TexasJew on April 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM

tj look at this…

You’re not getting it.

Google: “dictionary of obscure sexual terms”

That’s not for the faint of heart, so be warned.

toliver on April 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM

LOL… you will figure it out. :)

upinak on April 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I missed that episode. What stirred up Kanye?

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

The episode had to do with a joke that Jimmy the cripple made up that the rest of the country laughed at except Kanye. It was made to show just how ego-maniacal and narcissistic Kanye is. He later responded that maybe South Park had a point and that he needs to change his egotistical ways.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM

These folks best run as far away as they can when the shooting starts.

dmann on April 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM

These folks best run as far away as they can when the shooting starts.

dmann on April 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Why can’t we use them as human shields?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Wasn’t it Santelli at Cnbc that started the Tea party? Why blame Fox and Rush.

the_nile on April 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Because Boooosh and Rove “The Magnificent Bastard” weren’t available.

R D on April 15, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Leonard Johns Democrat attending Tea Party in Manhattan American First…imagine some nostalgia remember when Democrats were champions of free speech Libertarians.

Dr Evil on April 15, 2009 at 2:49 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I liked the one where Tom Cruise was in the closet. LOL

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM

So I saw this post and thought I’d make a comment after quoting one of Allahpundit’s funny lines. I copied AP’s remark to my clipboard. Then I was interrupted by an urgent email from one of the in-laws, seeking informational help.

I Googled their info for them, and quickly copied the URL. I returned to my email program to send the helpful link in reply. They were in a hurry and I wanted to be helpful so I hit “paste” and the Send button as fast as I could.

I did not realize I had not managed to copy the useful link. My clipboard still retained its earlier contents.

What I just emailed my in-laws, in its entirety:
well-placed scroat humor

Yep. Don’t even know if it’s going to be worth trying to explain this one…

Gilda on April 15, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Journalists??? And they get PAID for their appearance on TV!

gary on April 15, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I liked the one where Tom Cruise was in the closet. LOL

ladyingray on April 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM

One of the best one’s ever.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 3:09 PM

It’s disturbing how much Gergen’s laugh sounds like Red Eye’s NY Times correspondent (which, as fans know, is controlled by Schulz)

RightWinged on April 15, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Most people above a certain IQ gradient are just puzzled by the teaparties.
Are soi disant “conservatives” really this dim?

After all, the reason the winger crowd can’t find a way to be coherently angry right now is because this country has no healthy avenues for genuine populist outrage. It never has. The setup always goes the other way: when the excesses of business interests and their political proteges in Washington leave the regular guy broke and screwed, the response is always for the lower and middle classes to split down the middle and find reasons to get pissed off not at their greedy bosses but at each other. That’s why even people like Beck’s audience, who I’d wager are mostly lower-income people, can’t imagine themselves protesting against the Wall Street barons who in actuality are the ones who fucked them over. Beck pointedly compared the AIG protesters to Bolsheviks: “[The Communists] basically said ‘Eat the rich, they did this to you, get ‘em, kill ‘em!’” He then said the AIG and G20 protesters were identical: “It’s a different style, but the sentiments are exactly the same: Find ‘em, get ‘em, kill ‘em!’” Beck has an audience that’s been trained that the rich are not appropriate targets for anger, unless of course they’re Hollywood liberals, or George Soros, or in some other way linked to some acceptable class of villain, to liberals, immigrants, atheists, etc. — Ted Turner, say, married to Jane Fonda.

But actual rich people can’t ever be the target. It’s a classic peasant mentality: going into fits of groveling and bowing whenever the master’s carriage rides by, then fuming against the Turks in Crimea or the Jews in the Pale or whoever after spending fifteen hard hours in the fields. You know you’re a peasant when you worship the very people who are right now, this minute, conning you and taking your shit. Whatever the master does, you’re on board. When you get frisky, he sticks a big cross in the middle of your village, and you spend the rest of your life praying to it with big googly eyes. Or he puts out newspapers full of innuendo about this or that faraway group and you immediately salute and rush off to join the hate squad. A good peasant is loyal, simpleminded, and full of misdirected anger. And that’s what we’ve got now, a lot of misdirected anger searching around for a non-target to mis-punish… can’t be mad at AIG, can’t be mad at Citi or Goldman Sachs. The real villains have to be the anti-AIG protesters! After all, those people earned those bonuses! If ever there was a textbook case of peasant thinking, it’s struggling middle-class Americans burned up in defense of taxpayer-funded bonuses to millionaires. It’s really weird stuff. And bound to get weirder, I imagine, as this crisis gets worse and more complicated.

strangelet on April 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I quite liked this too.

Beck has lately gone from being a mildly annoying media dingbat to a self-imagined messiah who looks like he’s shouldering more and more of the burdens of Christ with each passing day. And because he’s stepping into a vacuum of conservative leadership — there’s no one else out there who is offering real red meat to the winger crowd — he’s begun to attract not professional help but apostles, in the form of Chuck Norris (who believes we have to prepare for armed revolution and may prepare a run for “president of Texas”) and pinhead Midwestern congresswoman Michelle Bachmann, a woman who is looking more and more like George Foreman to Sarah Palin’s Joe Frazier in the Heavyweight Championship of Stupid. Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

strangelet on April 15, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Earlier I caught a CNN reporter at a tea party who described them as “right wing, anti govt extremists”…..”supported by the right wing Fox Network”

Underscoring the disconnect between the mainstream media and mainstream America.

moxie_neanderthal on April 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM

My question is….why are you angry at Obama, the person who is trying to fix this mess?
Why aren’t you angry at Bush, Greenspan, and teh wallstreet aristocracy that fucked you over and ate your retirement?

strangelet on April 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM

moxie_neanderthal on April 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Moxie,

It’s coming soon as a post. Allah has it on his twitter page.

P.S. Get to work. Don’t you have “research” to do? ;-)

aquaviva on April 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM

It is hard to talk when you are teabagging.

He talks as one with personal experience.

tommylotto on April 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM

moxie, this is mainstream america.

Moreover, Obama garners considerably more confidence on the economy than either Democratic or Republican leaders in Congress. Fully 70% say they have a great deal or a fair amount of confidence in Barack Obama to do the right thing when it comes to fixing the economy. A majority (55%) also say they have at least a fair amount of confidence in congressional Democratic leaders. By comparison, just 38% voice the same degree of confidence in Republicans leaders in Congress.

You are now minorstream America.
Get used to it.

strangelet on April 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM

You are now minorstream America.
Get used to it.

strangelet on April 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM

You know I would argue with you on that. But unfortunately since 60some million Americans are completely fu*kin stupid I don’t really know what’s going to happen. Could be that pollsters are targeting Dems or a specific sheeple group, I don’t know. But if the house and senate are lost for the Dems in 2010, then they will be relegated to the minority status for quite some time. Or if alot of Dems finally realize that this is not the same party of Truman and JFK like I did years ago, then your idiot Prez and all the other radicals will then become the minorstream.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Me thinks Anderson Copper has a different version of teabagging.

SmallGovtGuy on April 15, 2009 at 4:57 PM

One must wonder – Where did professionalism go? Do these newscasters/reporters not have an once of dignity left in their bodies? Can you image Walter Cronkite doing a news show filled with such juvenile antics? Whether you’re a republican or a democrat one has to be embarrassed by what some of the networks put on the public airwaves. The world is watching, and having a heck of a laugh as we as a nation flush ourselves down the toilet.

SPIFF1669 on April 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Video: Anderson Cooper wants in on the teabagging action

I bet he does. I bet he does.

amerpundit on April 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Indeed. Maddow on the other hand? Probably wouldn’t.

madne0 on April 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Hmmm…a muff diver and a teabagger besmirching a group of private citizens protesting the government by hinting that they’re gay.

…yet a few months ago, when actual muff divers and actual teabaggers were protesting the government (Prop 8), they’re treated as angelic.

rjwest21 on April 15, 2009 at 7:59 PM