Unreal: CNN reporter openly contemptuous of tea parties

posted at 3:25 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

A tour de force of bias via TV Newser, from her sarcasm to her Fox-bashing to her badgering a guy who’ll be paying off Obama’s monstrous deficits for decades about why he isn’t satisfied with a $400 tax break this year. The title of the clip is “CNN Reporter Roughed Up at Chicago Tea-Party,” which, as you’ll see, is a transparent lie unless you consider the crowd yelling at her to stop cutting off the people she’s interviewing as “rough.” But that’s par for the course for the narrative being organized here: A nasty, violent, ignorant crowd, all doing the bidding of CNN’s sinister competitor. Stay classy, Turnerites.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

Quick, someone check to see if she paid her taxes…

Wow. She wouldn’t even let the man speak. Just kept repeating the Democrat talking points. She looked like she wanted to slap him.

CNN: Haters of ordinary people.

TN Mom on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

That lefty CNN scazwag has a lot of nerve. She badgers the father in front of the child and then has the gall to say its not family viewing. I’d make her eat that microphone.

gordo on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Her head would make a nice planter for someone’s African Violets.

TexasJew on April 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM

That reporter should be ashamed. Very ashamed.Thats just sad.

riverrat10k on April 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

gordo on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM

She seems the type that would swallow it without chewing.

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Thanks. Yes. I remember it well, now that I saw the clip of whatever that was you just posted.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

???

The “whatever it was” was what it was that I linked to. Was it something else you expected it to be.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Sorry. That’s my humor at work. I was just pretending to be senile for a moment. I figure if I do that, the moments of real senility will be easier for me to take.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM

The man got a little flustered. He’s probably not a professional speaker, and choked when suddenly confronted with a camera and microphone. The reporterette seemed to sense his trepidation and did her best to make him into a babbling fool. Good on the crowd for coming to his defence. She should be happy these events were well behaved, this time.

OneEyedJack on April 15, 2009 at 10:56 PM

CNN reporters are mean. Nasty and condescending.

I just blocked CNN from my direct tv line-up. Can’t have trash like her in my living room…

TN Mom on April 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Whenever an interviewer comes at the subject in a disrespectful way, the result is that the interviewee looks bad.

It used to be that reporters wouldn’t dare do that. Their network would be banned by anyone with brains enough to avoid them.

Today? Starting with Gibson, then Couric, then Stewart….it’s the rage.

O’Reilly does the same on the other side, which is why liberals avoid him.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Yeah, what all these tea-bagging progressives don’t get is that the spending will have future consequences. So even if it is true that one’s taxes today are much like last year’s, unbelievably the peasants and yokels seem to have discerned that their children may pay for Obama’s folly/panicky actions. Try to catch up, CNN…

pomerpants on April 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM

If had been there and saw that two bit hack from CNN carrying on like that I would have pelted her with soggy teabags live on air until she went away.

Dreadnought223 on April 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM

gordo on April 15, 2009 at 10:27 PM
She seems the type that would swallow it without chewing.

Without knowing more I presume that she sacrificed any chance of becoming a mother in exchange for the opportunity to work at CNN, and now she has her wish. Turns out that turned her into such a bitch that she is probably the last person you’d want to see raising a child, and one of the last people you’d run to to find out what is and what is not “family viewing”.

pomerpants on April 15, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I don’t think they can properly report on this because most of them really haven’t followed the financial stories.

A Yale group of economists met yesterday, and half were saying exactly the same thing as protesters were saying.

Oh well, journalism is truly dead.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Thanks for that mental picture . . . it made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Ryan Gandy on April 15, 2009 at 11:11 PM

This is a simple badgering tactic in hopes that someone will whack her with a sign or something. Classic liberal tactic when they try to goad cops during their pointless marches.

Bishop on April 15, 2009 at 11:13 PM

“Don’t you know you’re getting a $400 credit? STFU!!”

pomerpants on April 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM

This woman is less than trash.

Chaz706 on April 15, 2009 at 11:17 PM

That’s pretty funny. I was surprised at the turnout in Chicago, it was pretty rockin.

galenrox on April 15, 2009 at 11:21 PM

CNN’s unctuous Susan Roesgen used to be a “reporter” and news reader for WDSU-TV in New Orleans and a major suck-up to that city’s sleazy former mayor Marc Morial. She was figuratively in bed with the Morial campaign at every opportunity albeit not literally in bed with Marc Morial as was tasked to the WWL-TV reporterette who covered (in more ways than one) Morial and eventually married him.

viking01 on April 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Does this Getalife ever answer???? Several people here have asked him on how specifically will extra spending help the economy and she still fails to answer. I have to give her credit, she is fairly good at short silly unrelated answers and retorts but nothing else. Reminds me of Kerry’s detailed plan for Iraq and anybody here knew what that was all about back in 04? Anyway Getalife how about some detail on when the depression started and when it ended and how deficit spending fixes it all?

garydt on April 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM

But there is one media outlet that will cover the protests with Fox-like intensity: the left-leaning Huffington Post.

“It is a perfect citizen journalist story,” Arianna Huffington told POLITICO, “because it’s something happening around the country at the same time where people who are involved with us in our citizen journalist project can report back.”

Already, 1,800 “citizen journalists” have signed up, according to a spokesperson, and Huffington said that they’ll abide by traditional rules in doing pen-and-pad reporting, taking photos, making short films and using Twitter.

Huffington balks at the notion that her site’s citizen journalists will be showing up with an agenda.

“The idea that we are infiltrating is completely bizarre,” Huffington said. “Everything we are asking citizen journalists to do is purely journalistic.”

pomerpants on April 15, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I’d have asked her right back if she’d take $400 cash from me right now to sign away her liberty. And then I’d point out that the money SHE was trying to bribe ME with was MY money, only to be paid back by me with compound interest over 20 years.

Also, as has been pointed out elsewhere, I’d finish by pointing out that her network confessed to covering up Saddam’s crimes to keep their access to his press releases, so they have no credibility at all as journalists and she should just go the Hell away before I decide to get nasty and ask her why her network has been trying to deride honest taxpayers by smearing them with irrelevant references to the licking of testicles.

And people wonder why I hate reporters.

Merovign on April 15, 2009 at 11:28 PM

That “lady” is no reporter. She’s a commentator. When did they get so confused?

Mojave Mark on April 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM

That was great, actual footage of a CNN reporter oozing out her resentment and disdain for all the world to see.

The most honest reporting CNN has done in years…

javamartini on April 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM

You can go the CNN homepage and get contact information. Let them know how you feel. I did.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

She was pissed because he didn’t answer her question, “Why are you here” with a simple, “I want lower taxes.” So she had to lead the the entire interview into that direction just so she could bring up the freaking $400.00.

What a wanker.

Candy Slice on April 15, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Terrye, looks like Cap and Getalife left and even when there are here they are unable to give specific answers and solutions. I am learning patience when waiting for leftists to give real solutions.

garydt on April 15, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

And once again, I’ll have to second this.

The woman shouldn’t even be working at a cheesy Metro rag like Village Voice.

Ryan Gandy on April 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Don’t suppose anyone attended the party in Minneapolis/St. Paul? I was unable to attend but I’d like to know how many peeps showed up since I’m fairly sure our local media wouldn’t report it fairly.

Bishop on April 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM

That’s a reporter? Is it her job to engage a dialog or getting in someone’s face when he’s trying to answer?

That’s a J-student for you.

itsspideyman on April 15, 2009 at 11:47 PM

CNN…at least now we know what the “C” stands for.

Laura in Maryland on April 15, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I just saw the clip on O’Reilly. Could not believe how arrogant and condescending the reporter was behaving. She wasn’t interested in interviewing that guy, only in staging a mini-event that allowed her to espouse the mindless bias that she apparently thinks passes for enlightened analysis. This is professional journalism? Easy to see why CNN is tanking in the ratings.

imandrew on April 15, 2009 at 11:55 PM

garydt on April 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Just ignore Getalife the only reason she why she posts in threads is to be disruptive and get attention. So if everbody just ignores her hopefully she will eventually go away.

Dreadnought223 on April 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Pathetic. I spoke with a CNN VP in a bar a few years back, and he explained that his network was not in the business of reporting news, but in the business of ‘shaping’ it. He proudly stated that within 5 minutes, he could convince his viewers of anything. I guess those few viewers who are still left would believe anything, so it isn’t much of a boast.

Vashta.Nerada on April 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Terry, don’t bother. Find out who is still advertising on CNN, and contact them instead.

Vashta.Nerada on April 16, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Trash, pure trash.

A common, cheap looking tramp, whore-ing the communist agenda.

purgatory on April 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I remember a time, not too long ago, that reporters asked questions to get a story; not to answer them and be the story.

Ah, but that’s Journalism 101, something I can’t imagine anyone at CNN could be bothered to participate in.

Why not just hurl rocks at the crowd then report how aggressive the protesters are?

CatsGodot on April 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM

There’s a special word for those CNN reporters cheerleaders.
It starts with “C”. If I use it i’ll be banned.

Rats. . .Just plain Rats

Texyank on April 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Typical CNN. Nothing new here.

Travis1 on April 16, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Alas, the change began back when I was in school, and that’s been a long time ago. :)

New Journalism was the rage! It fueled a generation of J-students.

As with most things, it swung so far……..

We’re back to the Wild West Days, when yellow journalism was the only game in town.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 1:57 AM

CNN…at least now we know what the “C” stands for.

Laura in Maryland on April 15, 2009 at 11:48 PM

+1000

localmalcontent on April 16, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Does this Getalife ever answer

She may be a banned poster named Honora. She has been banned twice, but keeps coming back under a new name. After awhile her writing style begins to show through.
She is very lonely, and rather pathetic.
Same MO, under Honora she did answer a few times, but that caught up with her, in her next assumed name (and I can’t remember it) but we matched a bunch of her answers and they were identical…then she just stopped answering.
She was eventually banned because all she did was “toss grenades”.
Now I think she is back as this poster (how many can be that stupid?), and I am pretty sure she is the same.

right2bright on April 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM

right2bright on April 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM

That might also explain the frequency use of brief slogans that express nothing personal and no emotions and seem almost robotic.

In the Tea party threads, this pattern seemed to change and some personality came through. If you do warden work in this bestiary, compare these threads with the previous statements of possible prior incarnations.

Thanks.

Loxodonta on April 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM

“What SHE’S dealing with?”

Wow, once upon a time, journalists told a story, now CNN has gone beyond trying to BE the story, to being the victim of the story.

Unreal is right.

Johnson on April 16, 2009 at 3:00 AM

After 8 years of flag-waving BS and a stammering former male cheerleader it’s time for the adults to take over.

If you don’t like it, move to Alaska.

leave it to a libtard to continue with the juvenile irrelevant pot-shots. And being incapable of intelligently defending their position with facts, or even made up data.

Fed45 on April 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM

From now on I will call you teabaggers.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Clever! Make that up all by yourself, didya?

Fed45 on April 16, 2009 at 3:21 AM

HA!

I wish I had his .money.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Wait!! I thought being rich was evil? get you story straight,pal.

Fed45 on April 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM

CNN’s Susan Roesgen, who was so outraged when a Tea party demonstrator called President Obama an offensive name, “fascist,” was not so outraged when reporting on a protest against President Bush with a demonstrator wearing a Bush-Hitler-Satan head.

Newsbusters:

President Bush “Look-Alike” a Cross Between Satan and Hitler?

Loxodonta on April 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM

That clip proved once again that CNN engages in Liberal Media advocacy, bias and propaganda. Well, we now know on whose side CNN would have been during the Revolutionary War (hint: not the American Patriots). CNN has lost all credibility as a legitimate source of news because of their biased reporting. Boycott CNN and its advertisers!

sarahpalinfan99 on April 16, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Taxing Grandma to Subsidize Goldman Sachs
Financial wizards have managed to buy preferred treatment just as the sacrifices of American retirees help pay off Wall Street’s losses

This would also make for a very good poster sign for a teabag rally.

Don’t tax Grandma to Subsidize Goldman Sachs

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM

From now on I will call you teabaggers.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Clever! Make that up all by yourself, didya?

Fed45 on April 16, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Well you know what they say about turnabout is fair play, don’t you?

You could start calling getalife, colostomybagger.

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 4:04 AM

viking01 on April 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Yeah. I remember her from her WDSU days.

good times…good times

soundingboard on April 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM

I wish a few people would tell the Press that we are pissed off at the “Republicans” as we are the Democrats.

All of them are idiots.

Time for a sea change.

jake-the-goose on April 16, 2009 at 7:14 AM

“What SHE’S dealing with?”

Unreal is right.

Johnson on April 16, 2009 at 3:00 AM

That was exactly my opinion. You could almost see the wheels turning in her biased little mind: “How can I phrase this to make these people look as bad as possible” and then to have the studio anchor shudder like she’d just been shot at by pirates was WAY over the top!

anniekc on April 16, 2009 at 7:31 AM

We need to be prepared to defend against the media!!
If the media is going to advocate for the Democrats, then we need to call them out every single time. They are not a media! They are advocates,, the true “little Eichmann’s” of the world.
When they go on the attack for the Democrats,, stop what ever you are saying and turn and demand of them why are they not reporting the truth!! Why are they advocating for the party in power?!! Why do they call themselves journalists?!!!
Demand answers of them!!!
They are no longer a watchdog of the government!!
They have become the watchdog of the people for the (Obama) government!

JellyToast on April 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Exactly how I see it. Except one thing, where the heck can I get a big screen TV for $200??

Daemonocracy on April 15, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Heh…I was trying to keep the numbers simple for the trolls.

ladyingray on April 16, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Ms Roesgen, the “reporter” who is obviously a brainwashed lemming, graduated from Montana State with a degree in english. That degree to those who see her work is as worthless as the paper it is printed on. CNN wondering why their ratings are miniscule compared to FOX just shows liberalism could really be a mental disorder.

volsense on April 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Boycott CNN – I do …

Badbrucskie on April 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM

That jackass reporter went in with an attitude. She is an advocate, not a reporter.

drjohn on April 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM

The reporter reminded me of Phil Donahue who would ask a question and while you were answering Phil would ask more questions and naturally your answers made no sense to the last question Phil asked.

mixplix on April 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM

SIR! I’M TRYING TO REPORT THE NEWS AS I SEE IT!! RAAAWWWWRRR!

Rusty Shackleford on April 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Oh she is stupid. She has no idea that the 50 million for Illinois has to come from someones money.

seven on April 16, 2009 at 10:24 AM

This CLIP shows the exchange that took place right after the first clip, when the camera was off.

Conservative_SAHM on April 16, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hit them where it hurts!! Boycott CNN sponsors!

DanaSmiles on April 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Conservative_SAHM on April 16, 2009 at 10:38 AM

…That….was awesome. That really does finish the CNN clip and put it all back into context.

CNN: We report only what we want you to think.

Clearly she didn’t say it was only Republicans. Not at all. Certainly didn’t mean to imply that by dropping the “right-wing media Fox”.

CatsGodot on April 16, 2009 at 11:07 AM

volsense on April 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Unless she studied in a senior English class – with an age to match the grade number – color me unimpressed.

Ryan Gandy on April 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM

What I found to be the least professional thing was her assertion that (to paraphrase) “don’t you realize that you’re getting $400?”.
First off, she’s trying to say that this man is ignorant and that he is ungrateful for what she perceives as the government helping him. Instead of protesting, he should be thanking government. Second, that the government is giving him $400, as if that is just free money that’s been sitting around collecting dust, instead of the fact that it is someone’s taxes that is being spread around. Third, I understand follow up questions, but she comes off as a mouthpiece for Obama’s economic plan. She was defending his policies. Ridiculous.
Also, her saying that calling Obama a fascist is offensive. That’s her opinion. Not a statement of fact. Did she show this kind of outrage the countless number of times protestors held up effigies of Bush to look like Hitler? Probably not.
All she had to do was ask the man why he’s there. Let him finish. Send it back to the studio. That is reporting.
P.S. A common courtesy would be to not interrupt the person being interviewed and ask him “what does that have to do with taxes?”.

76United on April 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM

CNN beyotch reporter gets smacked down by female protester (2 mins in), check it out

RepubChica on April 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM

That “lady” is no reporter. She’s a commentator. When did they get so confused?

Mojave Mark on April 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Somewhere on the trip from #1 in cable news to their present position at #4. When there is a #5, CNN will no doubt occupy it.

Jaibones on April 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

50 billion stimulus for Illinois paid for by this guy and the rest of us (well, about half of us). That’s like extending credit to yourself, and then giving the interest to someone else.

Why the hell is she even bringing that up anyway? Does she work for Gibbs or something? Building up her resume so she can work for the Obama Politburo some day?

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

CNN…at least now we know what the “C” stands for.

The Commie News Network. Or that other C-word.

pdigaudio on April 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Ya, I finally watched it. What the hell is she talking about?

Was she about to tell him he was entitles to $400 for the kid? Hello?

And what does Illinois getting 50 billion have to do with anything?

Wow – $400.00

People who voted for Obama are not bright at all.

But… people who continue to support his BS and stick up for his miserable economic policies are truly in a league of their own. The only requirement to join is an IQ below room temperature.

reaganaut on April 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM

CNN employs pod people.

redridinghood on April 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Has this been posted yet? If so, please disregard.
This is what happened AFTER the CNN cameras were turned off:

8-)

Talismen on April 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM

getalife wrote:

When cons counter with childish insults, I win the argument.

When have you ever made any kind of argument?

We need better quality trolls.

noblejones on April 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

What’s wrong with CNN. Reporters should report not give their opinions. This is why people are so sick and tired of the media. They should be blamed for everything especially getting Obama elected.

mariloubaker on April 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Looks as though the reporter from the anti semitic communist subversive CNN is doing the harassing.

Jerricho68 on April 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Anderson Cooper and Larry King are dead last in ratings. Larry King is in the 8 oclock time slot and dead last. That should be the end of his show. No clue what network Andy Cooper is even on.

Jerricho68 on April 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM