Unreal: CNN reporter openly contemptuous of tea parties

posted at 3:25 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

A tour de force of bias via TV Newser, from her sarcasm to her Fox-bashing to her badgering a guy who’ll be paying off Obama’s monstrous deficits for decades about why he isn’t satisfied with a $400 tax break this year. The title of the clip is “CNN Reporter Roughed Up at Chicago Tea-Party,” which, as you’ll see, is a transparent lie unless you consider the crowd yelling at her to stop cutting off the people she’s interviewing as “rough.” But that’s par for the course for the narrative being organized here: A nasty, violent, ignorant crowd, all doing the bidding of CNN’s sinister competitor. Stay classy, Turnerites.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9

I love it – the woman got hammered by the TEA crowd.

As it should be.

She’s a socialist working in the propaganda arm of the Obama administration. She and her colleagues have prostituted their credentials and sold themselves to the Liberal Left.

She deserved worse treatment imo by the crowd.

HondaV65 on April 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

This really hurts the silly “tea party” cause. All it looked like was a bunch of poor, white people who are mad they have to pay taxes and are still bitter over losing the election to the black guy. These people need to get back to greeting people at Wal-Mart.

dcwvu on April 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM

SLAM … hit the nail on the head. And I bet about ZERO of them, unless they smoke, are actually paying no more in taxes than they did 12 months ago. I doubt anyone there was making over 250,000 a year.

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I love when the media is stupid enough to do this. They always alienate more people than they win over. Only the nutroots will cheer that.

Hawthorne on April 15, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I sent an email to CNN and told them what I thought their snort reporter. Not like they care, but it made me feel better.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:06 PM

So, she is the anti Fox? Instead of working for the propaganda arm of the GOP and selling themselves out to the Radical Right?

Someday I hope that people realize this is not a left vs right, or dem vs GOP fight, that is where big business and all the idiots on Washington want us to be, fighting each other instead of “them”.

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Monkei:

What crybabies you people are. After years of over the top name calling and hysteria you are in no position to make cracks about what other people say.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Monkei:

Actually she is probably pissed that Fox is kicking CNN in the ratings.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I have shown that video to a few friends of mine and all think the reporter came off looking obnoxious. People just love that sort of thing from reporters.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Why does anyone even get CNN, or cable TV for that mater. You have to pay for all sorts of channels that you don’t even want and it rots the brain to boot.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Okay.

You win cons.

From now on I will call you teabaggers.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM

No one pays me when I act obnoxious. Life is so unfair.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Stay classy, Turnerites.

CNN was founded by Ted Turner, who has called Christianity “a religion for losers,” & Catholics “Jesus Freaks,” & pro-lifers “Bozos.” Turner is not so mean-spirited to everyone–after once looking gulag-stuffing Soviet leaders “in the eyes,” he was eager to defend them–”…they looked like they meant the truth.” When asked if he agreed that Christian-torturing Kim Jong Il is evil & despotic, he admitted, “I didn’t get to meet him, but he didn’t look, in the pictures that I’ve seen of him on CNN, he didn’t look too much different than most other people.” http://newsbusters.org/node/8225 Most people look like green-pajamas-clad Elvis impersonators, right? Turner insisted that it can’t be so bad in N. Korea, because he “didn’t see any” brutality or starvation.

jgapinoy on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Actually she is probably pissed that Fox is kicking CNN in the ratings.

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Oh yes, I am sure of that ….

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Well I called Bush stupid, sure … but I never called him anti American, a fascist, drew pictures of him and compared him to Hitler … but stupid yes, everyone knew that. Did you think he was brilliant?

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

BTW, if people got paid for being obnoxious then getalifeandclue should be almost as rich as George Soros. Wait, maybe getalifeandclue is George Soros.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Terrye on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

The lefties are mad because they cant match the turnout it unless the pied piper Obama does it for them. It seems a shame that Obama’s presidency will forever be remembered and marked with the teaparty movement launch. I will read it with a mix of sadness and pride in the history books of America. If Obama and the Democrat congress hadnt went straight for the power grab and spending blizzard how different things could have been…

canditaylor68 on April 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM

jgapinoy on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Is there something with Atlanta’s media congolmerates that draws conservative fire?

sethstorm on April 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Wait, maybe getalifeandclue is George Soros.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM

HA!

I wish I had his money.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

HA!

I wish I had his money.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Well money isn’t everything. At least you have his looks. Or so I am told.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM

“The Prime Example” went right over CNN’s head. Not too sure if I’ve heard a blond and a redhead dumbfounded in such a short sequence.

Rovin on April 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Life is so unfair.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I advise against trying the alternative.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Hi.. I was actually at the tea party in Chicago and was wondering what the exchange was about. This lady got into it with an elderly lady earlier before the protest started… It was an impressive turnout, especially in liberal Chicago with no big names…

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 8:20 PM

If you blame it on one party and absolve the other party of blame, then you are dead wrong.

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM

When you apply that same standard to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, we’ll talk.

But so far, your side refuses to take any blame for a problem it created, and that it prevented the evil Bush from fixing.

See “Barney Frank” and “Chris Dodd”. As well as the top 3 recipients of FNMA donations, two of whom were your Presidential candidates in the last 2 election cycles.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Geez Cnn. How can you be so subjective in your reporting and make a crack about Fox in the same breath? But oh yeah, that was clearing not family viewing. A real penny loafer revolt.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

So how do you explain guys who support abortion right? I mean, none of those guys are going to get pregnant.

In layman’s terms, your logic is crap.

venividivici on April 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Obama and his administration are looking more an more like fascists all the time and if you can not see that then you have closed the eyes of your mind and are keeping them shut by force.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM

HA!

I wish I had his money.

getalife on April 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

He said that about your money about 15 years ago. Now he’s in control of it.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 8:20 PM

“This lady,” meaning the CNN reporter openly contemptuous of tea parties of this thread?

If so, how did she treat the elderly lady?

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM

The Depression was at its lowest point in 1933 – when FDR was elected. He couldn’t get major parts of the New Deal passed until the latter part of his term. But from 1933-1940, the unemployment rate went from 30% or so to 10%.

Proud Rino on April 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM

You know all those pictures that were taken of the working class that are so famous today?

Most of them are circa 1934-1940.

I understand there is full employment in Cuba, is that true?

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Life is so unfair.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I advise against trying the alternative.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Yah, certainly for an atheist.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Pop quiz for ya.

CNN has since its hatching done the following.

1. Been busted for falsely claiming that the US dropped nerve gas on civilans in Laos.

2. Admitted giving Saddam Hussein’s atrocities a pass for a decade simply so they could keep their Baghdad bureau open.

3. Had their CEO resign in disgrace after falsely accusing US soldiers in Iraq of murdering journalists.

4. Showed without apology videos provided by Iraqis showing their snipers getting ready to shoot American soldiers.

When you can give us similar examples of journalistic malpratice by Faux News, we’ll respect you.

And no claims from Media Matters allowed.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Proud Rino on April 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Most of them are circa 1934-1940.

I understand there is full employment in Cuba, is that true?

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

And I believe there was not one unemployed African America in the South in the early 19th century.

Saltysam on April 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

CNN’s attitude is beneath contempt. I would say more, but it would require me to significantly raise my blood pressure.

DeathB4Tyranny on April 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Is this how you supported Bush?

What a joke you liar. You mooched off system for how many years because you could not get a real job then act as if you were supporting the President….you are a real joke . You know it. You are they prototype of the nasty old government worker who could not afford to leave the job he hated.

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

This is the mantra of the nerd internet generation. Hey kid, I bet you were not even alive when CNN was airing “Both Sides” with Jesse Jackson. So shut your f’n mouth and listen to people that have ten times the political life experience you do. Go back to Digg and get your next reply.

ClassicCon on April 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

As a stockholder with a stake in “big business”, I’d like them to make Obama’s programs fail. We are already seeing this in the “GM Bankruptcy” dance between GM, Fiat, and Obama.

unclesmrgol on April 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Geez Cnn… Hey, It would have been great to show that kind of distain for the protesters bashing the military right and left.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Hypocrisy is built into the ideology:

CNN: But how can one show disdain for those idealistic, young Americans screaming vulgarities and throwing rocks at those militaristic potential national security threats? Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Leftists propaganda at its’ best. Commie Narrative Network.

nelsonknows on April 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

And no claims from Media Matters allowed.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Thanks. Well done.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Sorry if it’s redundant reporting, but we had a crowd of about 5,000 here in Austin, which isn’t bad considering this town is liberal enough to be a northern outpost of Venezuela (as I’m guessing there are maybe 500 conservatives actually living in Austin, most were probably nearby out-of-towners).

It was enough of a crowd to get the police to shut down half of Congress Ave. at the height of rush hour for our march down to Town Lake, which certainly made us conspicuous. Surprisingly little moonbat infiltration (I only noticed one Troofer idiot who didn’t seem to stick around long), no heckling that I noticed, and quite a few honks of support. It was refreshing (though now my feet hurt).

Blacklake on April 15, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

1. Bush got degrees from 2 Ivy League universities. Including a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard.

2. He never claimed to be brilliant when he was running for President. Didn’t need to.

3. He successfully qualified as a pilot on one of the most dangerous fighter planes ever made, the F-102. As a private pilot myself I can tell you that’s not something stupid people can master. If he is as dumb as you think he is, he would have crashed and been killed decades ago. His Texas ANG colleagues in interviews have stated that when they were off-duty, he spent his time reading history books, while they spent their time watching Hee-Haw.

4. He was a history major at Yale. See #3. What do you have against history majors? After all, that’s what your oracle Wolf Blitzer is.

5. Bush’s 2000 opponent flunked out of the first college he went to, dropped out of the second, and finally graduated from Harvard on his third try. His frat house mates said he spent most of his time there playing pool and smoking Jamaican spliffs.

6. Bush’s 2004 opponent suppressed his military records partly because they showed his grades were in fact lower than Bush’s.

7. You claim to have not drawn demeaning pictures of Bush. But you don’t need to, as your screen name is a variation of the standard Leftist smear term to describe Bush.

You’re dismissed now.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM

One can argue that income taxes are not going up on most. As we know taxes are up for cigarettes but if you look all around this country the various governments are increasing fees left and right. They are hidden taxes just called fees. So please be honest.

The other thing forgotten is that taxes in the future will be increased on more and more people to pay for this mess. You just cannot spend this way and expect government not to increase taxes and fees.

Also, many including myself are happy to see our 401ks on the rise but I know that that money will be worth far less due to the inflation we will see.

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM

If so, how did she treat the elderly lady?

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM

The CNN reporter was apparently contemptuous to the elderly lady as well. I was walking around looking at all the fun signs and the elderly lady was really getting into it with the reporter.

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM

This clueless reporter probably believes that the American Revolution were started by a bunch of colonists who were disgruntled over high taxes. What was the underlying reason for the revolution? Did they rebel just to lower taxes and fight against “taxation without representation”?

God, no one outside of state related projects will receive those million dollars of stimulus money. GET A CLUE

Mad Kimchi on April 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM

The Monkeis of the world are completely brainwashed.

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Great comment D.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Proud Rino on April 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Wrong again, as usual.

nelsonknows on April 15, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM

You are a PWNER commenter

blatantblue on April 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

At least Bush knew we only had 50 states.

TTheoLogan on April 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Life is so unfair.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I advise against trying the alternative.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Yah, certainly for an atheist.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Regardless of what else you believe, I hope you can live and love life as long and as much as you can, and not just for yourself, but for others.

Now, unless you want to hit me, I would like to get back on topic.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Thanks for responding. Can you report the words exchanged? Or, if you weren’t close enough to hear, please describe what you saw that results in you sating the reporter was “contemptuous.”

Please don’t do what CNN has been known to do.

(Don’t make things up.)

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Colorado in January was looking to increase auto registration fees.

Illinois increases many fees.

New York raising fees

YES Taxes are going ..they just call them fees. They even affect those that pay no federal income taxes.

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Are you serious??

We’re ALL paying much, much more than we did 12 months ago? Do you reall believe that this mammoth national debt can be paid off without everybody down the line being forced to chip in, whether it be in higher taxes or higher prices forced on people with lower taxes. You are a buffoon. Get out of here.

jimmy the notable on April 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Thanks. Well done.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Great comment D.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Sad to say, even Wiki can’t hide the examples I cited, because they were all major scandals. In fact I left out a part-CNN gave gifts to Saddam’s family during their decade long ignorance of his abuses.

In the example of CNN’s CEO falsely accusing the US soldiers of murder in Iraq, he said that at a meeting of The Beautiful People in Davos in 2005. No news coverage was allowed during his speech, but the bloggers got the story out.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I was looking for local pictures and someone posted on a blog that she was at the location at 11 a.m., there was only 500 people, epic fail. Pretty interesting since the rally didn’t start until noon. As if no one was going to point that out.

Cindy Munford on April 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Cindy Munford on April 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM

LOL

blatantblue on April 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

My old man is 96 and my cholesterol is abut 125, so I may live a while longer, unless the DHS shoots me along with the rest of you enemies of the state of course.

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Man! Freaking smackdown.
There are troll guts on my screen.
By the way, that has been copy/pasted into my google notebook. I will be using that really soon.

carbon_footprint on April 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

You are a MORON, like all of President Pantywaist cheerleaders. If you had an ounce of comprehension in that flat head of yours you would understand that this made up 250k has nothing to do with reality – everyone, everyone will be saddled with tens of thousand of dollar in additional tax burden to pay for his idiotic budget that adds 6.5 trillion dollars to national debt. These claims of 250k are for imbeciles like you, who cannot add or subtract 2 digit numbers.

runner on April 15, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

When the troll packs are posting fast and furious, I have difficulty keeping up with the thread, let alone rebutting with a well written and detailed post that was actually rational.

So again, good job. Please keep at it.

My ability to respond is more at the level of this.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Looks like an amazing turnout in Atlanta. Hannity just said 15,000 and it could be. And in CNN’s backyard – kinda funny today.

sherry on April 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM

“Get a job you damn hippie terrorists! … What? These are a bunch of conservatives? Sorry, thought it was another liberal protest. My bad.”

Onus on April 15, 2009 at 9:14 PM

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM

There’s only one way the DHS can justify shooting me…

If they catch me buying ammunition or returning from my militia meeting.

Two, two ways the DHS can justify shooting me…

If they catch me buying ammunition, returning from my militia meeting or discover that I’m reloading my .223 brass in the garage…

Three, three ways…..

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 9:18 PM

MB4 on April 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Well that is a coincidence. I feel like 125 and my IQ is 96.

The only kind of shot I fear getting is the humanitarian morphine OD provided by public health care system. Yes. I am a subversive.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 9:18 PM

If they catch you buying ammunition, returning from your militia meeting, discover that you are reloading your .223 brass in the garage, or see you watching Fox in your comfy chair.

Onus on April 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Unbelievable attitude from the CNN reporter. Simply unbelievable.

If she still has her job tomorrow, I’d be amazed.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Cindy Munford on April 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Cindy!

I almost missed your comment!

I shipped the Tuff-Bins today and I’m on a manifest for the 28TH. It’s at least good to know when now.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hey, the teaparties in Santa Monica were terrific. Great spirit, great TV coverage, too. Loads of young people AND quite a few people who were not white. *haha (Thanks to our fiscal conservative people of color!)

It was way fun.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Onus on April 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Four! Four ways…

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 9:28 PM

This interview by the CNN is going to bring back up the couric/gibson interviews.

Think that reporters aren’t biased? Can’t make people look bad?

Think again.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Heh…you mean as opposed to the broadcast arm of the DNC, a.k.a. CNN, MSNBNC, NPR, PBS, ABC, CBS, NBC…

Then you get ONE that isn’t in the pocket of Obama, and it’s “sold out to the Radical Right”. Hilarious!

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Unbelievable attitude from the CNN reporter. Simply unbelievable.

If she still has her job tomorrow, I’d be amazed.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Are you kidding? She’ll get a promotion.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I’m not paying any more in taxes right now either, but that will all change when those so-called rich with small businesses get sacked with tax increases which are then passed right down to me. It’s not even really about the taxes, but the damned principle of the whole matter. If you want to pay more in taxes to give away to people who don’t and won’t work, feel free, but leave me and my family and our income alone.

jimmy2shoes on April 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

So now the litmus test of legitimacy is whether one has to pay even more in taxes? This is marvelous logic. I’ll bet you’ll be delighted when I show up at your house, take a quarter of your stuff, then give you $400 back. No room for complaint there.

DrMagnolias on April 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM

BTW let’s not forget that there is one major difference between these tax day protests and the anti-Iraq war ones.

These were all held on a date-specifc day, in the middle of the week, while the Iraq mobs did their protetsts always on Saturdays and Sundays. And since most “cons” work a full 5 day week unlike their Leftist counterparts, the day alone would guarantee a reduced turnout. As would the hour of the day.

The larger numbers generated by the Leftists were the result of rigid, Communist-style organizing (check the names of the event organizers) which included bussing in people from distant locations to travel to DC. Said bus trips from across the country would take at least 2 or 3 days prior to the event, which alone is proof that most of the anti-war demonstrators didn’t have jobs.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Are you kidding? She’ll get a promotion.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Speaking power to truth or something like that…

Just look at the pathetic waste of an education, Roland Martin.

Upstater85 on April 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Three, three ways…..

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Please excuse my confusion, but were you channeling Barney Fife there, or is that from one of Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s Sonnets from the Portuguese that I have completely forgotten?

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Face it. You guys lost. Badly. There is nothing that can be done. Alaska might be your best bet. Bring a jacket.

capitulus on April 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Actually, you’re losing, not even 3 months in. Except for moonbats in and out of the MSM, the Kool Aid is wearing off.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Surely not, dd….

This thing is going around the blogs now. By tomorrow?

Whew…..

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Hey, speaking of Alaska. They partied there, too! Sarah must be smiling tonight.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

DrMagnolias on April 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM

It’s not only about taxes, though. It’s about a burden of debt that’s reaching as far as the eye can see, for the purpose of creating some more dependent constituencies to vote Democrat.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Finally- it’s beginning to work.

drjohn on April 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Unbelievable attitude from the CNN reporter. Simply unbelievable.

If she still has her job tomorrow, I’d be amazed.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 9:26 PM

She will. Remember, this is a “network” whose main talking head wasn’t even a jorunalism major in college.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Oops, my editor said I spelled journalism wrong. All Bush’s fault.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Joe the father gets whacked by leftist media

jawbone on April 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Please don’t do what CNN has been known to do.

(Don’t make things up.)

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I didn’t hear anything but it was the same reporter and the protester she was talking to seemed very steamed at the end of the exchange.

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 9:54 PM

LOL…that was funny.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2009 at 9:55 PM

dcwvu on April 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Monkei on April 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

You guys sound as dismissive as the Tories during the American Revolution.

I thought dissent is patriotic. Ya know right to peaceful assembly and all that.

I say “Power to the People!”

sarahpalinfan99 on April 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM

You guys sound as dismissive as the Tories during the American Revolution.

sarahpalinfan99 on April 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Judging by the attitudes, they do seem to think they’re aristocrats or something.

venividivici on April 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Stay classy, Turnerites.

And pretty soon my old college TV broadcast will have a bigger audience share.

ddrintn on April 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Illinidiva on April 15, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Thanks again. I can understand completely why anyone would be steam at this reporter’s attitude.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM

The trolls are out in force today; hasn’t AP finished building your new clubhouse yet?
If I wanted to see this much immature whining and unfocused hatred I could go over to the Kos online asylum or DUmmiesr’us. There are a lot of scared Libs out there.

mad scientist on April 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 9:37 PM

No, FEAR! and almost fanatical devotion to Monty Python.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I think you’re quite right, mad scientist.

This really surprised a lot of people.

I’m particularly happy to see the LA TIMES get just desserts. Those jerks didn’t send a reporter to the party a couple of weeks ago and totally blew off people when they asked.

They are looking very stupid.

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Gee, I thought it looked like the reporter was the one steamed.

She was downright furious! LOL*

AnninCA on April 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Thanks. Yes. I remember it well, now that I saw the clip of whatever that was you just posted.

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Loxodonta on April 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

???

The “whatever it was” was what it was that I linked to. Was it something else you expected it to be.

hawkdriver on April 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM

DrMagnolias on April 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Worth repeating +1000

Jamson64 on April 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I’ve lived in Massachusetts (yes, THAT Massachusetts) for most of my life. With rare exception, the vast majority of conservative votes I’ve placed for the last twenty-nine years have been cancelled-out by a factor of at least two-to one. My senior senator is Ted Kennedy, my junior John Kerry. My governor is Deval “Together We Can” Patrick, a close friend and confidante of Mr. Obama, and Barney Frank is our best-known congressman. My local chief of police pretty much refuses to issue carry permits, and The Boston Globe has been there to rub salt in my many, many wounds as long as I care to remember. We are home to the ‘sanctuary’ city of Cambridge (see: Cambridge, People’s Republic of,) as well as Harvard University. I manage a team of good-hearted younger people who are all hard workers, but who care less about politics than about what they might order for lunch on any given day. My state supreme court is famous (world famous in the case of gay marriage) for their ‘liberal’ interpretations as to what is and is not ‘constitutional,’ and in almost any social situation where politics might be discussed, I am almost always ‘odd man out/persona non-grata’ and usually have to counter the arguments of at least a half-dozen of my liberal peers (all spoken and/or shouted at the same time) before I am granted a moment’s respite.

But then I log-on to ‘Hot Air,’ and all of a sudden… everything’s groovy.

CaptFlood on April 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM

capitulus on April 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Harry Reid: “The war is lost”

Sound familiar?