Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on April 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Some would have you delay exploration and development in the federal offshore of Alaska over concerns related to global warming and its effects in the Arctic. First of all let me make it clear that the State of Alaska understands the effects of climate change in the cryosphere. We Alaskans are living with the changes that you are observing in Washington. The dramatic decreases in the extent of summer sea ice, increased coastal erosion, melting of permafrost, decrease in alpine glaciers and overall ecosystem changes are very real to us.”

***
“The source of the greatest tension this year between the Legislature and the executive has been certainly the appearance that the executive is prioritizing her national image, her national brand, over the day-to-day operations of state government and the interests of the State of Alaska.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Wait, what? What’s to be proud of?

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Sometimes………..

………. but at least I know to wipe my a$s.

Time to go, go read up on your science………….

……… next time a harder question, how does it “rain”, and what causes it?

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2009 at 2:39 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

dec5 on April 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I’ve lived in California, too, so I understand why you’re convinced.

I travel in many circles and don’t just hang with my kind, if you know what I mean.

That experience has convinced me that politics in the long run is completely unpredictable.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Ah, the delusions of Romney supporters !

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Palintologists are not very bright, I simply voted for Romney in the Primaries because he understood economics out of the leading candidates. I have no loyalties and will vote for the most fiscally conservative, economically literate candidate everytime. McCain and Palin are both economic illiterates thus I could not vote for them. Rudy, Fred, Paul and Romney are all fine. Sanford is looking better all the time.

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

This is true but this is not the best way to do it.

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:49 AM

If there is no driver for the RAID on the XP install CD it is the ONLY way to do it. Windows install will not use a controller that it has no driver for.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Upstate, I was raised in a very liberal home, but in the South.

My parents were adamant about racial issues, but I was also raised in the South during an era where Jim Crow definitely was real.

I know racism up close and personal.

Today, I could date anyone from any race without a blink of hte eye from my family.

Except….maybe some conservative Muslim. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

But, no…..I think that’s the one thing that bothers me the most. It’s so hard to disagree with his policies, because this is such a wonderful moment in American history.

I don’t think I’ve seen a darker time in our nation’s history.
What are you talking about?

I’m very proud of him and of us.

Because of what?
I think the man reeks; he’s an avowed Marxist, an opportunist and a liar.
He bows to the “king” of Saudi Arabia, the self-appointed ruler of a large goat ranch, and apologizes for American exceptionalism, which has been paid for with American blood and treasure, when he’s overseas.

I still cannot stand his policies.
AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM

There you go.
A glimmer of sanity.
I’d hate to live inside your head: it must be wild in there…

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Time for some classic Palin…

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Why didn’t you right in? Or what about the candidates that didn’t stand a chance?

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Ditto Salty. I’ve finally figured out, I know nothing, too. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:55 AM

So this isn’t about politics or sensibility at all. It is about you having a tug of war with Poptech. OK, fine. You both are hopeless. There is no reason to attack EITHER of them. They are both fine people and you both act like they are the spawn of Satan. It is ridiculous.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM

If you really cared to read what I said, instead of posing as a moral superior, you’d know I said I support and respect Romney. My main objective is to defeat Obama. I don’t care who does it.

I am reacting today after seeing months and months of Pooptech and the Wall going after Palin. Tell them to stop and I’ll stop.

How like liberals Romneybots are. They can dish out but never take it. Thelibs too can “protest” all they want in the middle of a war but if taxpayers protest their president, it’s all right wing extremism.

Romneybots have attacked Palin for months now and that didn’t stir your conscience but the first time I say something bad about Romney, your spleen’s splitting open.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Ah, the delusions of Romney supporters !

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 2:50 AM

There is more than a little delusion on the part of Palin supporters too. You consistently underestimate the damage that was done to her credibility in the election campaign. The reasons for it do not matter. The American people clearly saw her ans unprepared for office. It has become a nearly indelible image of her among a large section of the populace. Palin would need to fight uphill against that in any national campaign.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

I don’t get it either, what am I as an American supposed to be proud of by electing the man? Why would I be proud of Obowa as an individual? Even before he castigated his own country on the international stage I could find no pride in Obowa’s gaining the White House.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Classic video of Romney’s communication skills (video).

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Palintologists are not very bright,
Poopdeck on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

How you’d come to this conclusion, genius?

And you, of course, worked on the Manhattan Project, right?

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Again, I’m sorry I offend you, Jen.

I am a bit of an anomoly. Straight Dem voter here for my entire life.

Democrats broke my heart this past year. I voted Republican.

I’m over it. *haha

But I’ll never go back to being a straight-ticket voter again.

So I like to explore more conservative blogs, various opinions, etc.

I think of it being sort of a new divorcee.

I’m promiscuous. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Upstate, I was raised in a very liberal home, but in the South.

I know racism up close and personal.

Except….maybe some conservative Muslim. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Ann, I believe FDR would be classified as a liberal (probably progressive would be more appropriate). He had some strong remarks about some of the races…

The point is, many a “liberal” grew up with some bigoted views…

Even now, in this uber-PC society, many “liberal” Profs will discriminate against their Chinese students.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 2:58 AM

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Please do not insult my intelligence. I have read much that you have posted. One line of claimed respect does not make up for dozens of vitriolic posts. If you were really about unity and defeating Obama you would just ignore Poptech instead of rising to the bait.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Ooops right = write (although maybe appropriate)

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Ditto Salty. I’ve finally figured out, I know nothing, too. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:55 AM

From convinced to ignorance in two posts…

remind me to wear my seat belt next time we cross paths. ;-)

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I feel the same way, Bishop!
All the bad news about Ogabe was out there before the election, but all the idiots like Anna who were determined to elect the “first legitimate AA candidate” wouldn’t look at it.
Now we’re all paying the price for their Liberal bleeding heart white guilt.

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

From convinced to ignorance in two posts…

remind me to wear my seat belt next time we cross paths. ;-)

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Hehe

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Sanford is so bright. That’s why his state is reeling with 11% unemployment and heavy crushing debt.

And Palin is an economic illiterate. That’s why her state is one of the last remaining states operating in black with in-control unemployment. Under Sanford, South Carolina’s Unemployment Rate has Increased 4.8% since start of recession….Under Palin, Alaska’s Unemployment Rate has Increased 1.7% since start of recession

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Ewww*……you’re probably right about that. I don’t think it’s even possible to be unprejudiced.

I really don’t. I think that’s a perfectionism that just can’t be met.

I do know that my disagreements with Obama have only 20% due to racial issues. The racial stuff I can’t really discuss, because in spite of Holder’s talk, it really is too “hot.”

It’s there, of course.

But I have absolutely no desire to add to that pile.

Mostly, I disagree with his policy and, more important, approach.

I do agree with a lot of what he’s done.

So I’m definitely not a “hater.”

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I’m promiscuous. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Too much information.
It’s not that you’re a wh*re; you’re really more of a total ditz.
Seriously, you shouldn’t try to have ideological or political thoughts or discussions: you’ll only hurt yourself.
Why not do like Ogabe and get a dog to keep you busy?

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:04 AM

OK, Salty……I won’t agree with you again. Wouldn’t want to disturb your world there. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Now all they need to do is define “legitimate” and why it didn’t apply to Shirley Chisholm, Senator Carol Moseley Braun, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton.

The people who voted for Obowa just couldn’t feel proud of these earlier candidtes?

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM

S

o I’m definitely not a “hater.”

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Well, not exactly.
You’re definitely a hater when it comes to “Right Wing Extremists” who try to “legislate” “morality.”

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Jen……that was not intended to be literal.

Witching hour, obviously.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Palin supporters are very wise, they know a person that
has come from simple beginnings, worked to raise a family,
work at such basic jobs as fishing…

To start as a humble city council member to Mayor, to Governor of a large and important state….and still stay grounded and humble is special….and shows character……good character.

These qualities should never be underestimated….intellect
alone is not good….Wisdom also must be cherished.

And Palin has both….

dec5 on April 16, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Not progressive enough…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Come on, Bishop! Biden said it all: the others weren’t as “clean and articulate” as Obama (and hadn’t been prepped as a cutout/Manchurian candidate the way Ogabe was).

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM

You indignance is getting tiresome. Where were you when all these days your fellow Romneybots were mercilessly slandering Gov.Palin?

Find me one insulting post I made about Romney before today. I am going after pooptech only today because I’ve decided to give taste of his own medicine. I am not a bleeding heart turn your other cheek liberal. Stand out of my way spare me you homilies.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Not really, Jen.

I’ve lived through the entire pro-life/pro-abortion era.

My opinion is?

It’s over.

I could, of course, be wrong.

But I don’t think so.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

After all the events of today, we get another Palin QOTD? Great.

Johnson on April 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM

My opinion of abortion is that the public is finally “settled” on allowing this to be an individual’s right.

It should be left up to the individual.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Well thank Gaia I have been instructed on what makes Obowa different from the past “AA” candidates: cleanliness, speaking ability and liberalness.

Seriously, the words “the first legitimate AA candidate” came from the same poster who said “I’m proud of him and proud of my country”. The incongruity is startling.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM

It’s hard for some that are heavily prejudiced…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:11 AM

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Tat is not a fair comparison on several levels. Sanford does not have the vast majority of his state working for oil companies or fisheries. Alaska is a very monolithic economy that is currently in a very good period despite bad economic times.

People still need gasoline, gas for their furnaces, and food to eat. Even in a recession. So the economic downturn will not impact Alaska as much. That is not a matter of policy by Palin, it is just good luck there is oil there.

Alaska is already heavily underpopulated compared to demand for workers. So even in a bad economy they will not feel a layoff because the latent demand for workers was never satisfied in the first place.

South Carolina has a much more developed economy than Alaska and a vastly larger population to employ. They are much more involved in industries that are hit harder by the recession. They do not have the benefit of a small population and lots of oil jobs.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM

OK, Salty……I won’t agree with you again.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:04 AM

There you go convinced of the future again.

Convinced…ignorant…convinced.

Three posts.

I need a neck brace.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:14 AM

It’s hard for some that are heavily prejudiced…
Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:11 AM

It has that “pat me on the head for being so good” liberal feel to it, the chest-puffing whiteys proclaiming their minority street cred by voting for the black guy.

Makes me wonder: Would they have felt the same pride had Mumia been nominated and then elected?

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Oh come on…….He is obviously just what I said.

I think the previous AA candidates only appealed to minorities.

That’s all I meant by that term.

You guys are really in a corner of looking at people as prejudiced if you’re thinking I am.

I didn’t vote for him, true.

but that’s got a lot more to do with anger at the Democratic party insiders than with Obama.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Time for some classic Palin…

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM

No…this is classic Palin…

This is what scares the Libs.

This woman has a gift. The same

gift that Reagan had.

dec5 on April 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM

There you go convinced of the future again.

Convinced…ignorant…convinced.

Three posts.

I need a neck brace.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Like watching Ogabe read the teleprompters, isn’t it?
Swings head to the left, then to right and back again…

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Whatever you think, Salty. :)

I was married for a long, long time. I know how this game goes. *haha

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM

“Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM”

So it’s late and I’m bored, otherwise I’d just ignore your abject stupidity.

But let’s play this game.

How old are you, poptart? When (if at all) did you go to college?

Sarah Palin’s my age. So we were attending stupid hick backwater state colleges at about the same time.

And one thing I know about those years (1980-1988): we knew our Africa. Just as surely as Kathleen Soliah and Jane Fonda knew southeast Asia, we knew Africa.

We knew (no matter how backwardly stuck in beauty pageants or sororities or opium dens) that Krugerrands were evil; that Ray Charles shouldn’t have played Sun City; that Desmond Tutu was the conscience of his country; that P. W. Botha was Hitler reincarnate — oh, yeah, we knew our Africa. South Africa, at least.

We also knew that Jerry Falwell was heading up a consortium to rape Zaire; that Ronald Reagan was finding excuses to bomb Libya back into the Stone Age; that 60 Minutes cheered the end of the Tolbert dynasty in Liberia — oh, yeah, we knew our Africa, just as good as anyone in college in 1968 knew their Southeast Asia.

There was no one who was in any sort of college in the mid 1980s, whether a Community College, or State School, or Ivy League, who couldn’t name at least a half dozen of the 53 different African countries — Sarah Palin included.

So this stupidity about “Sarah Palin didn’t know that Africa was a continent?”

Try again with something that can at least pass face validity.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Hmmm…

My favorite part is when white liberals will go up to people from another country and patronize them by cupping their ear whenever the foreigner tries to speak English… As if cupping their ear helps them understand the accent more. All I know, is that this behavior is embarrassing for me…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Well, I find little fun in defensiveness.

So I will say this.

I totally had a great time at my tea party today. Lovely group of people. No wierdos in my group, anyway.

Just a good spirit.

It was really the most fun birthday I’ve had in years.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Well, I find little fun in defensiveness.

So I will say this.

Just a good spirit.

It was really the most fun birthday I’ve had in years.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Invite any AAs?

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:20 AM

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I will respond to your misrepresentations all I feel like. You are making some pretty ridiculous accusations all the way around. Not only are you hammering Romney, now you go after Sanford too. Dude, you are just a fanboy, period. Go to Alaska and sniff the ground behind Palin already and get it out of your system for Pete’s sake.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Of course the media did a number on her, and her own campaign tossed her to the wolves, but little is permanent nowadays. The attention span of the average American is too short for that. She DOES have an uphill battle in that the Obama propaganda machine known as the MSM has demonstrated it has no compunction at all about being overtly biased and is probably salivating even now at the prospect of ripping her to shreds the moment she tosses her hat in the ring, but I do believe with the right team around her and with enough prep work between now and 2012 or 2016, she can effectively counter the smear campaign. It’s unfortunate that the only source for any kind of coverage of the governor on substantive issues is C4P. Hopefully that will change as we get closer to 2012 because spending any time there at all would quickly lay to rest the notion of Palin as an unintelligent right-wing extremist rube. She speaks eloquently and thoughtfully on a wide range of issues everyday, but people don’t get exposed to it because no one wants to report it outside of a handful of conservative blogs. She needs to build a team around her that can aid her in getting her message out. Writing the book will be a nice start, and I expect sales figures from it will be indicative of how relevant she still is. I will predict it rivals Obama’s book sales.

Anyway, I would guess that whether she runs in 2012 or 2016 will depend largely on how badly Obama effs up. If it’s worse than Carter, people won’t really care so long as Palin says the right things. She’ll look like the second coming of Ronald Reagan and people will be running to vote for her.

NoLeftTurn on April 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM

So this stupidity about “Sarah Palin didn’t know that Africa was a continent?”

Try again with something that can at least pass face validity.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Uh, so did Obama really know there were only 50 states?

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Not really, Jen.

I’ve lived through the entire pro-life/pro-abortion era.

My opinion is?

It’s over.

I could, of course, be wrong.

But I don’t think so.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I think you’re very wrong, of course.
In fact, I don’t think the pro-Life movement has been in a better place since Roe was passed.
We are winning hearts and minds.
President Bush did pass the Partial Birth Abortion Ban.
More states are passing laws that inhibit abortion, like making pregnant women look at sonograms before they have an abortion.
The Vatican is rejecting Ogabe’s ambassadorial appointees to Rome because they support abortion.
The petition to protest Ogabe’s appearance at Notre Dame has over 200,000 signatures because of his pro-abortion stance.
I know you’d love to be like Algore with his “the science is settled” regarding Globull Warming, only applying it to abortion “Roe is settled.”
But it isn’t.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Roe overturned by SCOTUS and returned to the states, where it belonged all the time.

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:23 AM

NoLeftTurn on April 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I’d care. We gave Bush too much of a free pass (me included for 5-6 years). We should expect the best out of her.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM

It’s over.

I could, of course, be wrong.

But I don’t think so.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

You could be right.

If this country overlooked his belief that babies born alive during an abortion have no official right that the rest of us born alive have, in order to fool themselves into feeling warm and fuzzy about race, then perhaps we will finally, once and for all, reach that progressive utopia.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:25 AM

It was really the most fun birthday I’ve had in years.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Happy belated birthday!
(But you’re still a Democrat ditzy chick.)

Jenfidel on April 16, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Whatever.

The fact that Alaska is sitting on oil reserves doesn’t mean they are all available for production. Most of the reserves are locked by fed. government, big oil companies etc. Gov.Palin had to fight hard and is still fighting hard to make sure her state progresses in resource development. That’s leadership. And she made sure that Alaska was wise on spending, so that they don’t have to suffer when times are bad.

Each state is different from the other. I could equally argue that SC has so many more options that Alaska doesn’t have and therefore Gov.Palin’s hands are tied down much more than Sanford’s.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM

I think the previous AA candidates only appealed to minorities.
That’s all I meant by that term.

So past “AA” candidates only appealed to minority voters but finally America found one that could appeal to whites too…and we’re supposed to be proud of ourselves? I do believe you managed to disparage all sorts of people with that one.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:27 AM

“Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on April 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM”

Please, that lie has been debunked so many times it is just not cool to bring it out. Palin stated that the discussion had previously been centered on South Africa which is indeed a country. When the question of Africa came up she thought they were still talking about South Africa and not the continent. It was nothing more than a mistake in context.

This was explained after the campaign. Several of McCain’s and Palin’s aids have denied it happened as Fox News reported it. In fact, Carl Cameron should have known better than to report that kind of thing when the source was not willing to go on the record. Any real journalist would have immediately rejected it as a personal vendetta without corroboration. It was shoddy journalism at best and just as bad as many of the dishonest reports by the media on Palin.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:21 AM

What misrepresentations? The thing I quoted are facts.

It’s interesting that you are going after me so assiduously but let Pooptech be.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Things were different back then… The negro has progressed /sarc

Actually, the above is probably something FDR would say

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

“Uh, so did Obama really know there were only 50 states?”

Actually, to be fair (much as I hate to), yeah, he did.

He just misspoke by ten. About 3 days earlier, he had managed the same anecdote without botching it.

“I’ve been to 47 states. I have one more to go (South Dakota), not counting Alaska and Hawaii, that my staff won’t let me visit.”

And, on that particular day, he just accidentally said “57″ instead of “47.” For which I’d happily give him a pass, except that I’ve seen David Letterman over the last 8 years, so EFF Barry and his misstatements. “Great moments in Presidential speeches” indeed.

No quarter.

No how.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM

You could argue it, but you would be wrong. Just another example of how you are biasing the discussion. You give every advantage in the world to Palin and disrespect everybody else. You are a fanboy. Nothing more.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:31 AM

“Uh, so did Obama really know there were only 50 states?”

Actually, to be fair (much as I hate to), yeah, he did.

No quarter.

No how.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Yeah… I didn’t realize that, but I figured he had counted some of the territories and such. At the moment he was probably thinking number of primaries vs state primaries…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM

What misrepresentations? The thing I quoted are facts.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Interesting you say that after I have made several posts arguing against Poptech. Look just one post up from the one I quoted.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM

OK, you witches.

Two final comments, and then I really am off to bed. I have to walk daily. I’m at that age, and I have a walking bud.

Upstate, I mentor a young AA gal. She calls daily. Her first question was, “Are you enjoying the teaparties?”

She and I have a unique and open relationship. She was raised in CA by a social worker mom. I’m, as I shared, was raised in the South in the Jim Crow era. I still dream about what I saw sometimes.

Yet, yes……she and I talk about politics without tension.

Jen, you could be right about going back to the states, but I don’t think so.

I think the time came and went for that solution.

It’s over for pro-lifers in that regard. Maybe it’s not in terms of gay marriage.

But I do think the real issue is that this battle went on so long, nobody wishes to even open the crack in the door.

This is a case where you won the battle and lost the war.

Nobody want to ever hear about that issue again.

What I personally think?

I wish the issue was even relevant. We’re up to 40% of children born to single parents.

It’s clearly not an issue with them.

That’s sort of blunt, I guess. But it’s reality.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM

We posted at the same time, dude.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:31 AM

I am fan. Is that wrong? I wasn’t slamming Sanford until Pooptech said he was some economic genius but Palin was an economic illiterate. Why? Based on the performance of their respective states, Palin should get much higher marks. Again, you never said anything to Pooptech about that remark but you are coming after me. Typical.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM

OK, you witches.

Yet, yes……she and I talk about politics without tension.

Jen, you could be right about going back to the states, but I don’t think so.

I think the time came and went for that solution.

This is a case where you won the battle and lost the war.

Nobody want to ever hear about that issue again.

What I personally think?

It’s clearly not an issue with them.

That’s sort of blunt, I guess. But it’s reality.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Good luck with the mentoring of the AA girl… Do you refer to her as AAgal? Does she call you “Maaaam”?

This is the type of treatment that is disgusting. Your so called AAs will never be on equal footing so long as people like you patronize them the way you do.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM

What I personally think?

It’s clearly not an issue with them.

That’s sort of blunt, I guess. But it’s reality.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Do you by chance work at Planned Parenthood?

Oh, don’t want to go on and on about “witching” though…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Phew!!!

Glad that’s over.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM

“She and I have a unique and open relationship.”

Dear Penthouse Forum:

I am a student at a large urban midwestern university, and I’ve been reading your magazine for years. I never really believed the letters, but last week….

Sorry. Couldn’t resist :-(

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:34 AM

What you are talking about is what Robert Borque referred to in his book Slouching Toward Gomorrah. Our society has had a steady decline in morality and family for decades. But at every turn it has been brought on my liberal social changes. I find it utterly reprehensible that we have chosen to make our children the true victims of our own lack of responsibility and self-discipline.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

No, of course not. I have to use some term to respond to you about race. I just use AA to indicate my answer.

You’re just playing a gotcha game.

but, that’s OK. I just answered your questions as honestly as I could.

In any case, this “racist” in your eyes is off to bed.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Literally LOL with tears.

Best laugh I’ve had all night.

Thanks.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Phew!!!

Glad that’s over.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM

I think getalife got a new username ;)

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Nite, Salty. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:41 AM

You’re just playing a gotcha game.

but, that’s OK. I just answered your questions as honestly as I could.

In any case, this “racist” in your eyes is off to bed.

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Yes, let’s label them. I have some Ch*nk friends and some Mexie neighbors and some AA classmates etc…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Taxing Grandma to Subsidize Goldman Sachs
Financial wizards have managed to buy preferred treatment just as the sacrifices of American retirees help pay off Wall Street’s losses

This would also make for a very good poster sign for a teabag rally.

Don’t tax Grandma to Subsidize Goldman Sachs

MB4 on April 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Literally LOL with tears.

Best laugh I’ve had all night.

Thanks.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I think Ann will be back… If not to keep us from big bad Blacky…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:43 AM

I have enjoyed this.

Upstate, you’re disingenuous.

but you know that.

Nite, for real!

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Nite, Salty. :)

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Nite, maaaam.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:43 AM

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

In fact, I bet Ann makes her “darky” friends feel right at home. She probably brings them an “ethnic” dish-to-pass whenever she goes to their house…

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Stt…ssss..sstop.

You’re killing me. My gut hurts!

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM

I have enjoyed this.

Upstate, you’re disingenuous.

but you know that.

Nite, for real!

AnninCA on April 16, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Disingenuous? Me? Naw…. Maaam….

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Stt…ssss..sstop.

You’re killing me. My gut hurts!

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Hey, I had to play along for like an hour. I’m allowed my fun, right? Now, tell someone to do this tomorrow night and the following night and we’ll have nonstop entertainment ;)

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 AM

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:37 AM

I am coming after you because you are attacking my candidate. You justify your actions in the very same way. So are you telling me that you are allowed but I am not? I can see that from you. You have exercised a plethora of double standards already, so why stop now?

I asked you to stop. I criticized Poptech and The Wall before I criticized you even once. But all you see is your own hurt and ignore all else. Your blinders are the same for yourself as they are for Palin. Go ahead with your ignorance. But I suggest that you look back and see that I criticized Poptech at least a half dozen times in this thread. Then keep spewing your ignorance about how I said nothing to them.

I said plenty to Poptech, you just ignore it like anything else you don’t wish to see.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Well you know, that AA girl did ask about the tea parties, which just goes to show that those AA people can actually care about gatherings that are…uh…whites-only I guess.

That’s the second time that Ann managed to insult just about everyone in a single post.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Something tells me it’s intentional… Maybe she works for Janet Napo… Not even PUMAs are that ridiculous.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

“I mentor a young AA gal.”

Even with my snark, I misunderstood this sentence.

For me (and maybe I’m admitting too much), AA = Alcoholics Anonymous.

So I saw this story as working with a poor, young, chemically dependent woman.

Now I’m wondering how the teachers and teachers’ aides refer to my daughters, when they work with them.

Far as I know, my kids don’t drink, yet. But they’re probably labeled “AA,” or else “that crazy, overprotective, intrusive loudmouth’s kids.” I can only hope that it’s the latter.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Nailed it.

Now cut it out! My wife thinks I’m hysterical, laughing over here by myself.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

I am coming after you because you are attacking my candidate

Oooooo, fanboy.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:50 AM

“I mentor a young AA gal.”

Even with my snark, I misunderstood this sentence.

For me (and maybe I’m admitting too much), AA = Alcoholics Anonymous.

So I saw this story as working with a poor, young, chemically dependent woman.

notropis on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Hahah

AA=African American

But, I think Ann thinks AAgals are:

poor, young, chemically dependent women

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Oooooo, fanboy.

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:50 AM

How many times did I ask you to stop because it was counterproductive for both candidates?

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Nailed it.

Now cut it out! My wife thinks I’m hysterical, laughing over here by myself.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

OK, sorry, but seriously, let’s keep our eyes open for her. I think there is some more fun to have with this one.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Be gentle with her. She was seriously out of her depth here.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Old style leftie looking in the mirror and admiring herself for being so hip and “progressive” by voting for the uber-popular black guy.

A lifetime of entrenched bigotry and sidelong slurs washed away with a single pull of the voting-booth lever, though an “AA” would never be allowed to sleep in the house.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

She’s the mark.

Unless she/he get’s fired first.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Be gentle with her. She was seriously out of her depth here.

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Me thinks she was a troll (not because she was an open D)

Things about her stories just don’t make much sense at all and she is very passively inflammatory…

Out of her league? Perhaps, but that’s like agreeing that Huffington is out of her league.

Bishop on April 16, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Now you nailed it. This is what disgusts me about progressives.

Upstater85 on April 16, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Hawthorne on April 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM

How many times did I tell you that I’ll stop when Pooptechs of the world stop?

promachus on April 16, 2009 at 3:57 AM

She’s the mark.

Unless she/he get’s fired first.

Saltysam on April 16, 2009 at 3:56 AM