Video: MSNBC devotes 13 minutes to “teabagging” puns

posted at 8:47 pm on April 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

I couldn’t bear to watch all the way through both clips, but from what I saw, the only reference to “tea bags” rather than “tea parties” comes from Griff Jenkins on Fox News. Ah well, fodder enough for not one but two segments in primetime on the left’s cable news net of choice. This reminds me of the “fishsticks” joke on South Park last week: Amusing the first time you hear it, increasingly tedious every time thereafter — which was part of the satire on SP but seems lost on Maddow. I give her credit, though, for her choice of guests. There’s no one better equipped to deal with this topic than Cox, who pioneered the art of beating ribald humor to death with her constant mentions of anal on Wonkette. Well done, ladies.

I was going to post about ASU surrendering to the left’s death threats by announcing a new scholarship in Obama’s name, but that seemed too depressing for a Saturday night so I went with this instead. Feel free to comment on either below.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

This comment will obviously paint me as an uninformed rube. Before this video I had no idea what tea bagging was and I will admit I was quite content in my ignorance. With that said what in the hell is wrong with these ignorant sluts that they talk like this on a national? news show?

These are tea partys not tea bagging partys. Look up American history to understand the symbolisim here. Ridicule is the only weapon at your disposal when you are incapable of formulating an argument against your opponent.

chicken thief on April 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

What insightful political commentary. Snickering at prepubescent high-school humor as if it were indicative of the wisdom of a Rhodes scholar.

The Uhdolts are in charge.

Good Lt on April 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

chicken thief on April 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

It continues to be the method of choice, not only for spokespeople of a president who has already been elected, but for a mainstream media that still cannot stop fawning over them.

manwithblackhat on April 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM

This from the idiots that thing “Yes We Can” is a great slogan. Bob the Builder is great for these immature freaks.

kirkill on April 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM

meh…who cares?
Have you seen the cable news ratings anyone? Chances are no one saw Madcow’s broadcast anyway.

bentman78 on April 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Ray Maddow’s just upset its “tea-bags” aren’t recommended for dipping.

RepubChica on April 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I think they like tea bags really, tastes like carpet.

kirkill on April 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM

What kind of morons equate the proper use of a tea bag with an anatomically impossible homosexual fantasy? The morons at msnbc. What will phrase will they pervert next? Coffee grinding? Carrot peeling? Soup stirring? Pasta straining? Cheese slicing? Lather, rinse, repeat? Nail clipping? Eyebrow tweezing? What a bunch of losers. Snort, snort.

bloggless on April 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM

bloggless on April 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM

The term’s been around for years, its not some invention of msnbc… you give them too much credit

kerncon on April 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I read a bit ago that allot of liberal ignoramuses (sorry for the redundancy) actually got their news from John Stuart and Bill Maher on the comedy central channel so this shouldn’t be too surprising….. I have a hard time even looking at those two freaks discuss tea bagging let alone listening to them.

cjk on April 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Maddow is just Keith Olbermann without the complete and total spazz.

SondraK on April 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Hmm. I’m surprised Maddow knows what “teabagging” is. The closest she’s ever been to a “teabag” is when her daddy shot her out into her mother.

76United on April 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Wrong there, her father was probably a turkey baster

cjk on April 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Oh, it’s that crazy Maddow slitch. Ignore. White noise, content-free.

mojo on April 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Who is that little boy? Looks kinda like the kid that spoke at CPAC.

RightXBrigade on April 13, 2009 at 5:48 PM

We surround Rachael Maddow.

Schweggie on April 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Guess male gay bashing/jokes are quite all right amongst lesbians?

How would I know. To paraphrase Henry Hill in Goodfellas as to the intricacies of getting made and having to be Sicilian: “Real greaseball homosexual $hit.”

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 13, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Maddow is just Keith Olbermann without the complete and total spazz.

SondraK on April 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Don’t you mean that Olbermann is just Maddow in drag!

JeffVader on April 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Maddow and Olbermann are actually life partners. They’re very happy together and someday hope to open a business in Vermont called Carpet Munchers. It will be a carpet cleaning business. They’re currently going with the slogan: “With our veracious appetite for carpet, we won’t stop until you’re satisfied”

Stickeehands on April 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

This is so offensive. I could understand the term on SNL which is supposed to be comedy and is expected to be offensive. I could expect it from the Daily Show which is not news…but then again the Daily Show is just a reliable a source of news as MSNBC. There is no depth to which they will not sink.

Spike72AFA on April 13, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Who let Rick Astley have his own show on MSNBC? Geez, no wonder ratings are low…

leetpriest on April 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I remember when MSNBC was a good news channel and they had that blonde lady reporting about the asteroid. Oops, that was in “Deep Impact”.

Mrs. Happy Housewife on April 14, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Who the hell is this Russel Maddow guy anyway?

What? It’s not Russel, it’s Rachel? Sorry, my bad.

Who the hell is this Rachel Maddow anyway? Never heard of him. Her. Whatever.

UndertheBridge on April 14, 2009 at 6:59 AM