Video: Angry guy dressed as Founding Father ready for the tea parties

posted at 5:00 pm on April 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, this guy again. He and Beck have a thing for Thomas Paine because of the revolutionary resonance of “Common Sense,” to the point where GB claims to be rewriting that pamphlet for a modern audience. Fair enough, but a guy who takes as much inspiration from Moses and Jesus as Beck does might want to be careful about stirring up a vogue for Paine. Conservative populists won’t like everything they find there.

Note the comparison towards the end between Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and … the spending bill, all perpetrated by a sinister “they.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Hmmmmmmm. Must be time for a Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime!

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Get behind me ye retched infidel… No genuine self respecting conservative puts fruit in beer… /s

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Stick to your chubby chasing while the grownups decide what is best for our country.

Blake on April 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Haha.

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I see the posters above making list of what actual Conservatism is, NOWHERE did I see strict rule and enforcement of the Constitution. THAT really makes me shake my head and wonder is this country even WORTH saving.
The preservation of the Constitution and our RIGHTS shouldn’t be a left-wing/right-wing issue, it’s an AMERICAN issue and if folks don’t start getting this, then you are just wasting your time.

nelsonknows on April 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I quite agree, nelson!
I’m listening to Tammy Bruce while I type this and she just talked about how great it was when Glenn Beck did his “Why doesn’t Obama just set us on fire?” schtick the other night!
Yes, Obama might as well set us on fire while he burns down the republic at the same time, while argue amongst ourselves about the “far right” and “Christians” and their refusal to budge on being against infanticide and the destruction of traditional marriage.

Jenfidel on April 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Blake on April 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

??? AP chases chubbies??? I think not…. Beta males don’t chase…. They sit mournfully upon their bar-stools watching us Alpha males attract the hotties without even trying…. ;p

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Glen Beck needs to distance himself as far as he can get from that idiot, Ron Paul.

nelsonknows on April 11, 2009 at 7:50 PM

He for the most part thinks Ron Paul has a good understanding of the economy. He wouldn’t even talk to him for the longest time. I got the impression back then he did think Ron Paul was a complete nut, until he started talking to him about economics.

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM

It’s a girl thing!!!!!

:-0

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It’s a throwback to when AP said MMcCain was cute.

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM

It’s a girl thing!!!!!

:-0

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Oh… Well that explains everything….

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Uh, the humor is there, but MickyMeg is no “hottie.” No beta mails blog with their steaming hot Meghan …

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

It’s a throwback to when AP said MMcCain was cute.

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Well, she is kind of cute, dumber than a cargo container full of Chinese hammers, but kind of cute… ;p

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Haha mails = males and I need a ,

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM

For the most part I believe that strong morals is taught at home and the government should stay out of it. But I think we are at the chicken/egg argument as to when religious folks entered into the political fray. I would venture to say it was when they felt the government started making rules about “prohibiting the free exercise thereof”

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

OK, everyone has their own taste. Honestly, it’s not just her looks (those you can get over). It’s the OMG like all my super liberal friends are MAD at the GOP. This is beyond stupid. It’s annoying.

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

You say dumb. I say shallow. And arrogant. And presumptive. And myopic.

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Blake on April 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM

HA!!!! I was thinking about something else besides chubby girls & I thought you guys were really funny using my interpretation! (Not that the chubby girl thing isn’t funny too.)

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Sort of confused about the tone of this thread. Seems to me we can sit and do nothing and let the socialists take over, or we can unite and stand up at these tea parties on April 15, perhaps march on DC on July 4 or Labor Day or whatever. People who throw darts at this effort may think it silly, but I have not heard a better idea yet. The whole point is to make our politicians take notice that they are making a significant number of us very angry. It might also inspire some people to vote next time if they know that a significant percentage of the population is as perturbed as they are. This is not an either/or situation. Take part in the tea party and get involved in getting the right people elected in 2010.
By the way, for those folks always trying to blame Christian Conservatives for the problem, I voted for Romney (primary) and for Palin/Mav. As I recall the evangelical vote was not the issue.

Christian Conservative on April 11, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM

But she is the media darling. She better cool her appearances, she wouldn’t want to accidentally say something conservative before her book comes out. Not that there is much of a chance of her saying anything conservative but it might hurt sales.

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Obviously the some people here don’t understand the tyranny of the majority.

So I guess the best to explain it, the father of the US Constitution … “Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots.” – John Adams

I always thought of socialists as simple organisms without a brain, just feelings, with their hands out hoping for a dollop of other people’s stuff for free.

tarpon on April 11, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Nice, that made me laugh.

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Christian Conservative on April 11, 2009 at 8:25 PM

This election wasn’t anybodies “fault”. It was historical. Trust me, it means more than anybody realizes and guilt is powerful.

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I for one will be tea partying on tax day, downtown Denver at the State Capitol. And after tea party, partying at A Wake For Your Money at an Irish Pub in downtown Denver.

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I am wondering if I should put HotAir somewhere on my sign to see if there are any kindred spirits at our local tea party?

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Well, there are HotAir members all over this great republic of ours. I say (providing it’s OK with HotAir) go for it… You might actually get to meet some HotAir denizens in person…

doriangrey on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Christian Conservative they are not blaming for not voting although I believe enough evangelicals sat out this go around that could have made it more interesting. What they are blaming us for is driving “moderates” into the “000″ camp because we like to see society remain a bit more traditional.

chemman on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Maybe getalife will spot you there.

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Maybe getalife will spot you there.

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

She’s too busy serving her Precident…

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I live to dream!!!!!

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I wish the tea parties well, but we all know every libtard blogger with a camera phone will be looking for one moron who embarrasses the whole thing and make him representative. And I’m sure they will find one

Speedwagon82 on April 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM

And I’m sure they will find one

But they will also find Tito the Builder(s). I’ll take that trade.

Spirit of 1776 on April 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Speedwagon82 on April 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Did you see that thread on the fear/anger of the Left for the tea parties? We have to stop letting the left intimidate us.

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Angry guy dressed as Founding Father ready for the tea parties

I’m angry too! Congress needs to freeze spending and cut taxes. Read any bills before signing. Stop earmarks. Recind the stimulus. ENOUGH.

TN Mom on April 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Obama seems more and more to embody a kind of national denial and hysterical flight from reality… perhaps as a delayed traumatic result of 9/11… more than a “leader”, much less a “Commander-In-Chief”.

However, scurrying away from a threat does nothing but delay the inevitable.

You either turn and confront it and defeat it, or it runs you down and crushes you as you try to hide.

Obama’s undermining of ~and apologizing for ~and socializing of America needs to be confronted, and turned back, and defeated.

No capitulation through cowardly representation!

profitsbeard on April 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I don’t blame the Dems…the blame goes right to the ultra-cons of the GOP.

JetBoy on April 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I see you are still up to your same tired blame game. Your Daddy lost because his campaign sucked. Instead of getting the cons on board he told us to f off at every opportunity he had including using the old liberal/dem tactic of saying that anyone who disagreed with him (shamnesty) is a racist. McCain needs to look in a mirror and you need to pull your head out of your ass….McCain lost because McCain ran a sh!t campaign.

jwp1964 on April 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Hey Allahpundit,

Beck is trying to get some of the personal responsiblity for the direction of the country back. Who did that before? Thomas Paine did and others have written how he wasn’t the perfect revolutionary or whatever so what is the beef with trying to kill the thrust of rallying people with some comment about him not being a perfect conservative? I would like to add if you don’t like the sinister “they” then you really must be detached from all the BS we all lumped into by the left as “they”. WE REALLY DO NEED TO STAND TO “THEM”. Get some balls for goodness sakes at least Beck and this guy demonstrate some passion for the trillions being spend and the smears against the rest of us.

Conan on April 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM

When anger is justified-have at it

Jamson64 on April 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Blake on April 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Do me a favor, when you actually find some grownups in this Government, PLEASE let me know.

nelsonknows on April 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

These are the words of Tom Paine I always think of. I am lucky enough to have been taught them in a public school, by a veteran of WWII.

“SOME writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness Positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.”

gbear on April 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM

This “Paine” character supports some things I don’t agree with (as does Beck) but at least they didn’t vote for the Stimulus in 2008 or TARP. So I’d rather hear them speak at a tea party than my Republican Senator who voted for both, votes consistently for expanding the Dept. of Education, votes consistently for expanding the big nanny state government, etc.. ugh.

I’ll be at a Tea Party. My other Republican friends all think that pulling the R lever on election day is all they need to do… that kind of thinking is what got us into this mess. It’s time to get out and show the government we’re awake and paying attention.

popularpeoplesfront on April 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM

popularpeoplesfront on April 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Thank you. Just pulling, punching, checking, darkening a circle that has an ‘R’ associated with it does not solve the problem. In Hawaii, it is common practice that many seeking public office will start out life as a conservative but register as a ‘D’ because it is the dominate gene in the body politic of Hawaii. Socialist unions are the power brokers, relying on keeping the plantation mentality alive so the voter remains malleable and blindly compliant.

The voter owes it to themselves and the rest of U.S. to do their homework on the persons seeking your support. Look for those that share your values and that you truly feel will do what is right for U.S. not themselves or special interest groups.

Remember, we, the people, are the only special interest group that matters.

MSGTAS on April 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Maybe getalife will spot you there.

Colorado Anne on April 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM

She’s too busy serving fantasizing about servicing her Precident…

Upstater85 on April 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM

FIFY.

UltimateBob on April 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Hot Air has nothing to fear but the Thomas Paine guy?

federale86 on April 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Conservative populists won’t like everything they find there. – AP

I lend about as much credence to Wikipedia’s opinion on Christianity as I do the Discovery Channel’s findings on tomb’s of guys named Jesus.

MechEng5by5 on April 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I’ve been giving a lot of thought to my sign for the upcoming tea party. I approached it as if I were a child and was asked to draw “how I felt.” I was/am feeling like the Government has got their foot on my neck and that they’re trampling over the Constitution. I am no artist, but I hope I’m getting my point across. I am angry and want to show elected officials why.

I should list all the liberties we’ve lost throughout the years – Seizure of personal property via SCOTUS’ Eminent Domain decision, Bailouts, Firearm restrictions, public education, etc. I’m sure if we thought about it, the list would grow astronomically. They don’t take freedoms in well fell swoop, they take them a piece at a time. Someone needs to begin categorizing what we’ve allowed to Government to seize from We The People.

Here’s my sign:

Oh, one more thing, my son spent time in both Iraq and the Phillipines. He hated working with the “Phils” because they just had this “conquered mentality.” He much preferred working with the Iraqies (sp?). I’ve thought about his conquered mentality statement alot and I’m glad the tea parties are proving to be the catalyst to move people from their complacency.

SoldiersMom on April 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

AP:

Paine was an atheist as are you; tell us something we do not know.
For someone who gets his panties in a wad over Christians professing their faith you always seem to promote your religious belief, and yes belief in no God is still belief.
As for Tea Parties, our Founding Fathers started a rebellion over taxes. Perhaps another rebellion within the framework of the Constitution is called for and perhaps these Tea Parties will serve as a reminder that for Americans rebellion against government, federal, state and local, can occur every election day!

Bubba Redneck on April 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM