Video: The stupid yet compelling Billy Bob Thornton train wreck interview

posted at 5:32 pm on April 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, America’s newest viral phenomenon: In 24 hours, it’s pulled 400,000 views and already been spoofed by professionals. Not laugh-out-loud funny — except for when he starts rambling about “Famous Monsters of Filmland” — but useful as fodder for a spirited game of “What’s His Damage?” in the comments. At first I thought drugs, then I thought nuts, then I thought Joaquin-Phoenix-esque publicity stunt, and now I’m back to drugs. Bear in mind as you watch that this is the same guy whose social skills were supreme enough to land Angelina Jolie.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I think the interviewer did a great job… he was calm and rational. In a situation like this it would be easy to get flustered, or too meet stupidity with stupidity. good for him.
and the other guys in the band? Is having a famous frontman worth this?

metrygirl on April 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I always heard that his herb was top shelf
And Lord I just could not wait to find out for myself
Don’t knock it til’ you tried it, Well I tried it my friend
I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

Now we learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
He fired up a fat boy and he passed it around
The last words that I spoke before they tucked me in
But I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again
My parties all over before it begins
You can pour me some old whiskey river my friend
But I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

We hopped on his old bus, the Honey Suckle Rose
The party was Huntsville, it was after the show.
Alone in the front lounge, just me and him,
I took one parting puff and the grim creeper set in.

I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again
My parties all over before it begins
You can pour me some old whiskey river my friend
But I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

Now we’re passing the guitar, we’re telling good jokes
I can tell ones a-comin’ cause I’m smelling the smoke
No I do not partake, I just let it pass by
With a grin on my face and a great contact high

I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again
My parties all over before it begins
You can pour me some old whiskey river my friend
But I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again

In the fetal position with drool on our chins
We broke down and smoked weed with Willie again

— Toby Keith

moflicky on April 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM

You little people just don’t get it. Billy Bob is a “special.” He made a demand and this peon dared to disobey.

max1 on April 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM

If they agreed on not talking about Billy Bob’s acting career, it should not have been mentioned.

There are other guys in the band, and the fact that all attention goes to Billy Bob probably makes him uncomfortable.

Borislav on April 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Having had first hand experience working in film and television (before i got a real job), I can almost guarantee that this is a staged event. The camera shots, angles, all that. It just has that look to it. Good stunt.

RobG on April 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM

that was totally underwhelming. As for Angelina Jolie, yeah, she’s fine looking, but just another Hollywood depraved soul in reality.

kirkill on April 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I’ll have what Billy Bob’s having, and make it a double…

adamsmith on April 10, 2009 at 11:20 AM

This is Nyquil
This is your brain on Nyquil
Get the picture…

BTW, Ms Jolie puts her panties on one leg at a time so whoever holds her up to be some sort of a Queen or Goddess needs to do a little critical thinking. Not to diminish her beauty, but there are better looking women living in my apartment complex. Good looking women here in L.A. are like dog shit – they’re on every corner.

greasywrench on April 10, 2009 at 11:55 AM

You have to understand, he is an artist! He was playing a role and he’s very sensitive…

Tool.

yubley on April 10, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I’ve watched the entire thing and it’s clear that the host did absoltuely nothing wrong. Simply reminding the audience of Billy Bob’s accomplishments in the film industry is not the same as spending time talking about it. BB needs to get over himself yesterday.

jtoms3 on April 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM