Bush aides: Noted plagiarist/moron also a liar

posted at 6:41 pm on April 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

I don’t really have a take on this. I just wanted to write that headline.

Aides to former President George W. Bush are challenging the veracity of Vice President Joe Biden’s claim this week of having privately castigated Bush, who does not remember the incident or an earlier episode in which Biden claims to have similarly rebuked Bush…

“I remember President Bush saying to me one time in the Oval Office,” Biden told CNN, “‘Well, Joe,’ he said, ‘I’m a leader.’ And I said: ‘Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.’”

That exchange never took place, according to numerous Bush aides who also dispute a similar assertion by Biden in 2004, when the former senator from Delaware told scores of Democratic colleagues that he had challenged Bush’s moral certitude about the Iraq war during a private meeting in the Oval Office. Two years later, Biden repeated his story about dressing down the president.

“When I speak to the president – and I have had plenty of opportunity to be with the president, at least prior to the last election, a lot of hours alone with him. I mean, meaning me and his staff,” Biden said on HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” in April 2006. “And the president will say things to me, and I’ll literally turn to the president, say: ‘Mr. President, how can you say that, knowing you don’t know the facts?’ And he’ll look at me and he’ll say – my word – he’ll look at me and he’ll say: ‘My instincts.’ He said: ‘I have good instincts.’ I said: ‘Mr. President, your instincts aren’t good enough.’”

Follow the link for endless enjoyable snark (“The president would never sit through two hours of Joe Biden”) and a reminder of some of Greasy Joe’s greatest self-aggrandizing lies. My only quibble with the article is that it takes him seriously enough to hold him accountable. I watched the CNN interview the other day and simply assumed he was lying when he told the story about Bush and his alleged leadership quip. After a lifetime of gaffes and dissembling, how could anyone think otherwise? Even Obama doesn’t take him seriously.

Look on the bright side, though. At least he’s tucked away in a meaningless office like VP instead of an important one like Secretary of State. Whose current occupant, let it be noted, inexplicably cracks up at the thought of piracy.

Comments

The adults are in charge.

BadgerHawk on April 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Yes, He is!

coldwarrior on April 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM

“Stand up Chuck and let ‘em see ya. Oh, God love ya, what am I talkin’ about. I tell you what, we, we will stand up for ya. Let’s all stand up for Chuck!”

carbon_footprint on April 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

What is so funny about a pirates who has kidnapped an American and holding him hostage.
I just don’t get it…

right2bright on April 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

carbon_footprint on April 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

When are you going to dig up those old Palin bikini photos? And none of this ‘I deleted them’ nonsense.

BadgerHawk on April 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Biden, the ultimate distraction.

herrevery on April 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

carbon_footprint on April 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Up chuck, and Biden, seem to go together well.

coldwarrior on April 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

That laugh of Hillary’s makes me cringe.

She is worthless as SOS. Condi would have been so much forceful over the Norks, the pirates and sure wouldnt laugh at such an inappropriate time.

becki51758 on April 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Out: War on Terror. In: War on Piracy!

Repurblican on April 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

carbon_footprint on April 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

A classic, every time I see Biden, I think of that exact episode.
A sitcom writer could not have written a more funny scene, it was surreal.

right2bright on April 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I have a feeling your going to be able to use that headline a bunch before this is over…

d1carter on April 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Joe Biden – REAL MAN OF GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!

Obama, i hope you’ve stopped smoking and dont have any health problems… as much as i think and have come to realize that you are totally useless crap,

A. I cannot imagine President Joe Biden with Nancy Pelosi next in line.

B. We should appreciate your evil genius – you picked some one dumber than you, so that even people who dont like your Presidency are absolutely terrified into hoping the best for you.

nagee76 on April 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Biden has been embellishing his resume, his life history, and just about anything else he comes in contact with over the years, and yet, there are still people who believe in him. What does that say about them?

Biden is a pathological liar…he does so with such ease, so seamlessly, that it makes one shudder to think that he is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

coldwarrior on April 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM

“Gallows humor” seems to be contagious.

innominatus on April 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

BadgerHawk on April 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM

: ( I seriously deleted them.

carbon_footprint on April 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I guess the Pirates are not as real as the “heavy” Bosnia sniper fire Dillary had to endure!!

Dire Straits on April 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

In Biden’s world, it really did happen.

He sees people…. they’re everywhere.

Kini on April 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

sorry..Joe who?

DrW on April 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Poor old Joe, he had a George Costanza moment. Plugs came up with the “perfect comeback” after the meeting was over and wants to pass it off as having delivered the squelch at just the right moment.

Next we are going to hear about Joe telling Republican leaders that “the jerk store called, and they’re out of you.”

Mallard T. Drake on April 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I’d not seen the Hillary clip. What in the world was that? What a loser. It might be helpful if she at least tried to read some sort of memo on why that’s not a laughing matter.

CP on April 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I don’t really have a take on this. I just wanted to write that headline.

One of the great joys of blogging is that you do get to write that headline.

Mr. D on April 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Joe is like that piece of toilet paper that sticks to your shoe after using a public bathroom.

jcheney on April 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM

But Biden saw FDR talk to the nation, on TV, after the crash of ’29.

Johan Klaus on April 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Hillary was just laughing because that 3 am phone call ad flashed through her mind and then she really got a chuckle thinking about the SNL parody of the ad.

Good times.

myrenovations on April 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Idiot.

Terrye on April 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Biden manages to be the Complete A++hole Trifecta:

a complete moron, a pathological liar, and a total fool

In 1988, being ‘outed’ as a plagiarizing clown took him out of the scabby competition for the Dem presidential nomination. Twenty years later, being a Tool Beyond Measure is some sort of asset–boosting him to Veep

Janos Hunyadi on April 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

coldwarrior on April 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM

That they’re not terribly bright? But of course, Biden won 70 percent of the high school dropout vote. So did his boss.

The kids are in charge now.

Del Dolemonte on April 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Again, Biden is NOT a liar. He’s just farking nuts!

TheBigOldDog on April 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I honestly believe that Obama chose Biden as insurance similar to Nixon’s choice of Agnew.

coldwarrior on April 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Well it’s not like Biden is known for lying, right?

Frances on April 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Biden’s been snorting his daughter’s supply!

Frances on April 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM

It probably reminded her of some funny incident where Bill put on a pirate costume and told her to…nevermind.

AUINSC on April 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Hillary was laughing because this song arose, unbidden, to her mind.

SheofTwoMinds on April 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM

The Twilight Zone continues. Episode, American VP tells tall tales to boost persona.

Or is it Fantasy Island?

Smooth move Tattoo…..

Hog Wild on April 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM

This guy is one freak basketball accident away from the Oval Office.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I do think Biden cannot tell the difference between spinning a windy and telling the truth.

Hillary was probably reminiscing about the Barbary Pirates when she was a little girl.

tru2tx on April 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Mallard T. Drake on April 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

That was my laugh of the day…..thanks

AZ_Mike on April 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM

There’s a three letter word that describes Biden perfectly; D-U-M-B!

fitzsweetpea on April 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM

tru2tx on April 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Don’t you know her parents gave her the middle name of Thomasina in memory of our Founding Father’s stalwart stand?

She always wanted to join the Marines!

INC on April 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM

AUINSC on April 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

“prepare to be boarded”

AZ_Mike on April 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM

AUINSC on April 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

“Give up yer booty”

AZ_Mike on April 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Whatever happened to biden’s daughter in that news story? Was that fake? I lost track of that. And of course, the MSM won’t cover such things.

ErinF on April 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

The plugs are melting his brain.

HornetSting on April 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Whatever happened to biden’s daughter in that news story?

He’s not a Republican.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Its time for the right to get of their duffs, we have a toilet to clean up.

Oh those poor pirates, lets send them a Bn or two.

Speakup on April 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM

How does a person this intellectually challenged and morally bankrupt ever get elected to public office. To be the second in command of the United States is a level of insanity that is incomprehensible. God help us if Biden ever has to make a decision.

volsense on April 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM

This guy is one freak basketball bowling accident away from the Oval Office.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM

FTFY

Aristotle on April 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Aw, Hillary was just remembering how much she liked Pirates of the Caribbean! Same thing, right?

PattyJ on April 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Any word if he also took fire and was forcibly grounded during the encounter?

moxie_neanderthal on April 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Gaffaholic

pat on April 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

That’s a neet twofer post.

Baloney and Eggs

Kini on April 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Through all his gaffes, stupidity , and his plagerist liar persona, he did leave us all with the best warning about Obama.

“Gird your loins” & “They are going to test him, he’s going to make choices that aren’t going to be popular.”

Truth slips out of him every once in awhile.

portlandon on April 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

INC on April 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I’ve learned something new today!

;-)

tru2tx on April 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

He’s not a Republican.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Pretty much.

Our side keeps a hands off the kids, but I’m starting to think a little tit for tat might be good for the soul.

Kini on April 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Kini on April 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Binden’s kid isn’t a kid. She is supposedly an adult that should know better. She also has a job. Again she should know better. She’s fair game for now.

BetseyRoss on April 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

The adults are in charge.

BadgerHawk on April 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

You’re really going to have to stop doing that. getalife now has nothing to post.

BigWyo on April 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM

HRC just went up 1 tick in my book. That was funny.

The Wall on April 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM

It all really did happen, in that parallel universe where the Americans and French drove Hezbollah out of Lebanon, and where intrepid Joe’s helicopter was forced down by al Qaeda operatives.

ddrintn on April 9, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Hillary’s inappropriate laughter was similar to Obama’s during his 60 Minute interview which prompted Steve Kroft to ask if he was punch drunk.

They’re both in WAY over their heads.

I can only pray the wife of the captain doesn’t see or hear (Rush played the audio and it was the first I’d heard it and it was VERY creepy) it.

As for Biden, yeah, he’s a lyin’ fool who is pretty danged mean behind all those teeth.

KittyLowrey on April 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM

…Whose current occupant, let it be noted, inexplicably cracks up at the thought of piracy.

Punch drunk?

BetseyRoss on April 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Fair game? That is a heartless and pointless “game” to play. She is a private citizen, not a candidate for public office.

Buy Danish on April 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM

“Mr President how can you say that, knowing you don’t know the facts?”

Funny, that never stopped Joey from flapping his yap. The King of “Just Makin’ Shit Up”.

GarandFan on April 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM

AUINSC on April 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

“Shiver me timbers”?

landshark on April 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM

They wasted a perfectly good butt when they put teeth in his head.

Hers too.

AubieJon on April 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Hillary gets a good laugh out of those kooky pirates. By golly, what will they come up with next? Wait, wait, I got it, a dirty bomb! Get it a dirty bomb Haa hah haa hah hah hah.

What an f’n moron. Ready for that 3:00 AM call much? She thinks “gravitas” is something you take for sea-sickness.

mr.blacksheep on April 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Biden is a treasure trove of comedic material, but Hillary just creeps me out, especially when she’s cackling inappropriately.

cruadin on April 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Oh those democrats. Democrat, the party of morons and liars. The morons vote for the liars (who, sometimes are also morons). No, the adults are not in charge. The liars are in charge.

BottomLine5 on April 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

cruadin on April 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Looking back on it, can you believe the choices we had for POTUS? I mean, what the f is going on here?

mr.blacksheep on April 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Not exactly Capt. Jack Sparrow out there, Hil.

RobCon on April 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Piracy? What a riot! I’m still chuckling. That Hillary can sure sell a joke. I can imagine the captive captain’s family watching this and rolling on the floor. What a scamp… country!

Mr. Biden is another pip. He can not be mocked enough.

Mason on April 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Hillary laughed because she farted.

Fart humor rocks.

hillbillyjim on April 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Biden. The gift that keeps on giving.

But here’s the really scary thing.

He is far less dangerous than Obama.

notagool on April 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM

What am I missing why is Hillary laughing?

Biden’s son had a guy arrested in DC on a Delaware warrant who was going around making speeches about smoking crack and performing a sex act on O. The arrest did happen though I’m not sure that what the guy was saying is true. Anyway rumor is tha is why Bidn got the VP…and judging by how nuts Biden is the story sounds plausible…

CCRWM on April 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM

CCRWM on April 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM

That guy go arrested by Biden’s son? Really? Got a link?

TheBigOldDog on April 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM

BetseyRoss on April 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I honestly don’t know why they don’t go after her.

Kini on April 9, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Janos Hunyadi on April 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Well, he does spend a lot of time at Home Depot…

bookman on April 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Joe Biden is a complete A-HOLE!

His stupid little lies, and visions of grandeur are fine with me, they are transparent and easily debunked. This makes him look like the moron he is, and I’m fine with that.

What smokes me is the twisted tale of his first wifes death. I truly feel sorry for the man, nobody deserves to loose a wife and young child like that, NOBODY! Why did he feel it necessary to make the claim that the truck driver that t-boned his wifes car, was a drunk, and drank his lunch the day of the accident. Yet another lie Joe, but to slander the man, and use your dead wife for political gain, is way beyond even Biden. He made this claim on at least two occasions, pandering for votes. I recall a newsman stating Biden’s wife was killed by a drunk driver.

The accident investigators never suspected alcohol, in fact stated that she was distracted by the three children in the car and pulled into the intersection. The truck never had the chance to stop. It is a tragedy, and again, I feel very sorry for the Biden family.

To slander an innocent man, now dead, unable to clear his name, use you dead wife and child for political gain, put you way below whale shit on the food chain. You sir are dispicable…

M-14 2go on April 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Another punch drunk liberal?

jack herman on April 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Thanks for all the laughs on this thread! Without the trolls, the posts have rocked. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time. Good stuff! The Demwits provide such rich material. Keep ‘em comin’.

College Prof on April 9, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Joe Biden is an old man and has done a great many things in his life but most of them never happened.

MB4 on April 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

When Joe Biden was younger, he could remember anything whether it had happened or not; but his faculties are decaying and soon he won’t remember anything but the things that never happened.

MB4 on April 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Biden opened his mouth. The result, he’s lying.

Gohawgs on April 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM

The sad thing is that people don’t even care that he lied. Aren’t the President and the VP held to higher standards? Man, he loves to gloat about himself.

deidre on April 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM

At least she’s not laughing about the ninja threat.

Tzetzes on April 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM

wtf is she laughing about?

anna on April 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Biden lied, remaining speck of credibility died.

jack herman on April 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Whoa, I happened to watch Greta’s show with Megyn Kelly hosting tonight and she had an interview with Karl Rove and he does not mince words in declaring Biden a liar. Recommend the clip being posted here. It was very refreshing to hear him really pound it home (in a gentle but firm tone and non-angry demeanor) and not weasel around what he was trying to say about Biden.

He also pointedly said imagine if Cheney back in 2001 tried to claim he’d met with Bill Clinton or Al Gore and then told a story that they flat out denied and documents showed never happened in the first place. We all know the answer to that—and it answers the “why aren’t we hearing about Biden’s daughter”, too, of course.

KittyLowrey on April 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Rove just trashed Biden pretty hardcore on Fox (M.Kelly interviewed him on On the Record)

CP on April 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Obama, Obiden, Hillary all three former State Senators.

What a bunch of douche bags!
No wonder this country is a mess.
Its’ a wonder W. managed to hold it together for 8 years. Add Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer and you have seven idiots that no thinking human being would let near their kids or watch their dog much less pretend to run a country.

dhunter on April 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM

And the people of America voted for this bozo? Change you can’t believe in.

Travis1 on April 9, 2009 at 11:36 PM

VP & SOS,

All apologies to AllahP’s gal, but that’s glittering jewels right there.

juanito on April 10, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Biden is such a tool. His choice shows why Obama is so brilliant, since no person could possibly think that Biden would be a better President. Thus he is a life insurance policy for Boarock.

Highplains on April 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I don’t really have a take on this. I just wanted to write that headline.

I knew I liked you…..

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on April 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Leftists lie…it’s what they do.
Leftist bloggers ALSO lied when they stated Bush said;
“The Constitution is just a gaddamn piece of paper.”
That was ALSO never said but then again…LEFTISTS LIE….IT’S WHAT THEY DO!

nelsonknows on April 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM

AUINSC on April 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

“Bury me treasure?”

geckomon on April 10, 2009 at 4:20 AM

Pardonme but I remember that Biden also made a statement, about the time the plagiarism charges were made, that he graduated at the top of his class in law school. It turned out that that was easily disproved and he was actually at the bottom of his class.

The real problem is that this kind of statement coupled with the WH statement that Obama did not bow shows that this administration does not have any regard for the truth. If they lie about such insignificant things what are the lying about in the matters that have great impact on all of us?

Pardonme on April 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

There is a positive, possible explanation for Hillary’s laughter. She knows the story she’s telling is an utter lie. We didn’t work with the Moroccans to end piracy. We fought our first war against the Moroccans and other mulsims nations to stop their piracy.

And we can’t hold her lie against her. She has to lie to fit into the Obama agenda of appeasement of Islam. We need her as Secretary of State if she’s at least aware of how muslims actually behave outside the fantasy lands of Obama’s imagination.

thuja on April 10, 2009 at 2:34 PM