Rick Sanchez: Pittsburgh cop-killer was influenced “no doubt” by Fox News

posted at 7:23 pm on April 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

Could be. Or, it could be that he was influenced by Stormfront, Alex Jones, and the other fringe crap he was known to consume. Only one of those options is politically useful to the left, though, so we know what the correct answer must be. Of special note here is his oblique attempt to blame the amazing spike in gun sales on people like Glenn Beck. No dice: The gun boom was already a phenomenon as of November 12 and Beck didn’t debut on Fox until January 19.

Note too his special emphasis on Obama being a “minority.” I wonder what Rick could be implying. Also featured in this clip is Media Matters hatchet man/hack Eric Boehlert, who specializes in criticism of the right-wing blogosphere. Read Johnny Dollar’s fact-check of his latest screed for a taste of what Boehlert’s peddling to the nutroots.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Gee, Sanchez wasn’t so anti Glenn Beck when GB was the star of CNN’s sister network.

Number 2 on April 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Does this make Glenn the new Rush?

Disturb the Universe on April 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I guess he saw Shuster was had a higher score on the douchebagometer and figured he had up his score.

gsherin on April 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM

CNN who?

Repurblican on April 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM

CNN = Last place.

Firebird on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Isn’t this the same dude that ran over and killed someone while he was drunk then left the scene and went home??

Ris4victory on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Man, that is weird. I’ve really been thinking about buying a gun lately. Honey, turn off Fox News now!!

warriorlawyer on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Sanchez has proven time and time again that he has no discernible intellect. It’s also quite evident that he feels most comfortable when he surrounds himself with idiots.

rplat on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Dopey. Intellectually lazy. Dishonest. Bottom-scraping cheap. Nothing new. Boring.

Weebork on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

More verbal diarrhea from the left. Do these idiots really want to get into a street fight?

jdkchem on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Is it any wonder these guys are in 3rd place ?? Sucks to be working for CNN, doesnt it Rick ??

I wouldnt be surprised if Comedy Central and the Onion News Network have more viewers than the communist news network.

In defense of this moron, the biggest moron in CNN is still Ted Turner. If “global warming” isnt dealt with soon, human beings will resort to cannibalsim .. or some thing like that according to this brilliant man.

The next time you hear any news of cannibalsim, you know what will be blamed by CNN for “causing it”.

nagee76 on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Rating envy.

the_nile on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

who?

rob verdi on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

what an a$$hole

The Wall on April 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM

How’s 3rd place treating ya, Dick?

Doughboy on April 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Rick Sanchez has a “Man Crush” on Glenn Beck………

Seven Percent Solution on April 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

On the flip side, CNN causes erectile dysfunction and frigidity.

The Ugly American on April 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I wonder when this douche is going to issue a correction about his 90% gun lie that has been debunked?

V15J on April 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Who?

Midas on April 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I wonder how many vehicular manslaughter cases resulting from drunk driving occured after watching a Rick Sanchez broadcast.

moxie_neanderthal on April 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM

They really need to get Mumia to do a promo for Rick Sanchez’s CNN show .

jon1979 on April 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Note to Ted Turner:

Make sure the DNC remembers to report your inkind donation(s).

Robert_Paulson on April 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I didn’t go buy a gun because Glenn Beck told me to.

I bought one because a bunch of people on Hot Air told me to.

myrenovations on April 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Wasn’t Sanchez a conservative or conservative poser at one point? Dems already had Ed Schultz on the payroll, but I am convinced there are loads more. They are stuck on this meme and it seems to be getting them nowhere.

msmveritas on April 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM

CNN needs to have a minimum IQ requirement.
Tell me again why this gasbag is allowed to spew his ideas?

HornetSting on April 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I can’t stand Rick or Glen. They both make me want to buy a load of guns and…

lexhamfox on April 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Trying to catch up with their fellow losers at MSNBC I suppose …

warriorlawyer on April 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM

LOL, “so that’s all you got, the record, the past…”

Sanchez is an idiot. That is all we have to go by. A record, his past deeds.

Daemonocracy on April 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

CNN = Last place.

Firebird on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Still ahead of UPN… just give it time.
Unfortunatly for CNN, terminal velocity is not a trait of falling ratings.

Glenn Jericho on April 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Dirty Sanchez. heh.

infidel on April 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

It’s hard to believe that the Clinton News Network could lose any more gravitas.

But they have devolved into the Carter News Network.

Loxodonta on April 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

nagee76 on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Now we know what really happened to Jane Fonda.

coyoterex on April 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Who’s Rick Sanchez? I’ve never heard of him or seen him before.

Oink on April 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Is there any evidence that this neo-Nazi murderer ever listened to Beck?

Or watched Fox news?

It seems to me that these type of fringe individuals are more likely to get their “news” from crazy websites than mainstream cable news outlets.

This is just an absurd smear job by the left. Especially since they told us repeatedly during the campaign that Rev. Wright’s views and William Ayer’s views were meaningless issues or matters.

Yeah…

SteveMG on April 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I think I just sneezed out part of my pre-frontal cortex. It smelled like Rick Sanchez.

spmat on April 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Was it FOX News that caused the guy in Oakland to kill the traffic cops and then lie in wait for the the other two cops? Noooooooooo… That was the economy and his poor job prospects. in fact, I bet he was for the assault weapons ban. Yeah right*.

*My father use to make an OK sign with his hand and make an ‘o’ with his mouth. This was his “Yeah right” sign. As you read this, you should visualize me making that gesture. Thank you.

jimboslice on April 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

That’s great of Dirty Sanchez to say so. It just shows that the adults (diapers and all) are really in charge.

/s

kahall on April 8, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I am very skeptical that any of these tragic figures even know what Talk Radio or Fox News are, much less listen or watch. The only ones that are psychologically affected are the morons that keep coming on the air and making these claims. I think they are the ones who should stop watching and do some real research and report their findings based on some sort of recognized methods that have credibility. But that’s not entertainment so no ratings no money and no fools to watch or comment on.

rsl775 on April 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

The 9/11 Terrorists were influenced “no doubt” by CNN.

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Better under the influence of Fox News then ALCOHOL, eh Ricky?

Caper29 on April 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM

what a dork.

John the Libertarian on April 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM

These guys have specuial powers. Able to retroactively figure out what this kilelr was watching.

I figured outside of Alex Jones maybe violent cartoons drove him to it.

Therefore men who drew stills of Tom & Jerry in the 1950s are also responsible.

Sound crazy? It’s as plausible as the crap this stooge is peddling.

JammieWearingFool on April 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Rick Sanchez: Pittsburgh cop-killer was influenced “no doubt” by Fox News

MB4: Rick Sanchez was influenced “no doubt” by Joseph Goebbels.

MB4 on April 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Oh please, the one is only as good as the media makes him out.

foxone on April 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Stupidly Offensive?
or Offensively Stupid?

It’s hard to decide…

heldmyw on April 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Now, following an earlier clarification from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and a retraction from the Raw Story website, a Daily Kos contributor with the handle fcvaguy, has added the following update to his original piece:

Based on a correction/retraction on RawStory, I have reason to doubt the information reported by the ADL with respect to Alex Jones and Infowars or PrisonPlanet. In fact, evidence points to the contrary; that Alex Jones has spoken strongly against hate speech similar to that spoken by Richard Poplawski. Therefore, in fairness, I’ve removed any references in this diary with respect to Alex Jones and the websites Infowars or PrisonPlanet.

Allah, for goodness sakes, even Dailykos has the decency to retract the AJ smear, so has Raw Story, and the PG has issued a clarification.

Where’s Hot Air’s professionalism in this matter?

The right screams in outrage when liberal groups smear their advocates, but you all seem to be running with this smear despite retractions. A clarification would be appreciated.

Also, I hope you know that this nut was on Jones sites for the express purpose of attacking him because Jones never attacks the Jews like they do at Stormfront. He wasn’t there supporting the dude, he was their saying Jones was a Zionist agent.

Come on guys, I know everyones mad at Jones for screaming at Michelle, but that doesn’t excuse bad journalism. You all are far more accurate than this.

Also, the ADL is an extreme liberal organization. Why are they all of a sudden gospel?

True_King on April 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM

rplat on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

He reminds me of a male Rosie O’Donnel. I don’t watch him because he gives me the same enjoyment as Rosie did. None.

Why does there always have to be something/someone to blame? Seems whenever something bad happens these talking heads go and find something that must be the cause. It’s lame. The SHOOTER is to blame, you rocket scientists! Maybe he watched too much Mr. Rodgers as a child. Ever think of that?

scalleywag on April 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Rick Sanchez? You mean, the guy who murdered a man with his car and then got his lawyer to allow him to plead guilty to a lesser charge? And then gave nothing in compensation to the family of his victim! This is the guy who is lecturing us?

We are insane.

blue13326 on April 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I’m sorry, did the frat boy say something on TV?

Must have missed it.

MadisonConservative on April 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Gem portion of the segment at the end

Rick “munaarity.. munaarity” Sanchez complains that Obama has become the most polarized Prez because Fox news has been going negative on him day in and day out..

Alan Gottlieb absolutely pwns Sanchez when he points out how CNN and MSNBC have been spewing Bush hatred for the last 8 years… (and he still didnt create the kind of polarization Obama has achieved in less than 3 months !)

The expression on the douchebag’s face being caught so flatfooted is priceless.

Watch and enjoy !

nagee76 on April 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Better under the influence of Fox News then ALCOHOL, eh Ricky?

Caper29 on April 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM

ZING!

scalleywag on April 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

The expression on the douchebag’s face being caught so flatfooted is priceless.

Watch and enjoy !

nagee76 on April 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

When you put it that way, I guess I could watch.

scalleywag on April 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM

So the next time some Dem or the big O himself says something about “reasonable gun control” CNN will then blame Obama and the Dems for stirring up the public instead of Fox??????
They have the title, the name tag, the suit, the salary, the cameras but they are not journalists,,, just mouth pieces of the Marxists.
We are watching right before our eyes the modern day equivalent to the Nazi propaganda machine or the old Soviet Union Pravda! Someone please explain to me where I am wrong!
My hope is that one day these clips will be used in future school, college and university class rooms across the nation, as sad examples of how and when our national media deteriorated into a propaganda machine for the disgraced Democrat party,, of the shameful time when America briefly lost it’s mind.

JellyToast on April 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Hey, pendejo, Sanchez: If you’re trying to beat the other guy in the ratings, don’t mention the other guy in your rantings. I guess your momma raised a dummy on stilts.

EMD on April 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I am old enough to recall that when John Kennedy was assassinated the left tried to blame it on “Right Wingers”. In fact I recall an early report on the radio that said he had been murdered by 4 members of the John Birch Society. Even after it came out that Lee Harvey Oswald was an avowed Marxist they still blamed it on “Right Wingers” for “creating a climate of hate” by having criticized Kennedy, even though Oswald hated Kennedy because he thought that Kennedy was too anti Castro when “Right Wingers” thought that Kennedy was too easy on Castro.

Logic is not the left’s strong suite.

MB4 on April 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I swear I was stuck in a waiting room watching CNN when the Binghamton nut job went berserk and Rick said” His death makes it more unlikely the cops will be able to get any additional information from the shooter”. There’s a light on but nobody’s home.

JohnBissell on April 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I’m ready for the “HATE SANCHEZ” hotline.

**SMUG VOICE**
MiNOOOOORITY, MiNOOOOORITY

shove it up your rectum rick!

therightscoop on April 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I blame Twitter. Know who twitters? AP. That’s right. AP is to blame for Pittsburgh cop killer.

Hey, if Moldova can blame Romania for “Twitter riots” why can’t I blame AP for twitter cop killings?

Blake on April 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Exit question: Which news channel should be blamed for the Oakland PD cop killer? You know, the guy some people celebrated as a hero?

Erich66 on April 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Rating envy.

the_nile on April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

DING DING DING

Hog Wild on April 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Rick the D!<k

RobCon on April 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM

There may come a time when Filthy Sanchez needs a gun…….

……… and doesn’t have one. Too bad for him.

This is just one of many reasons that I take personal responsibility to protect my family……….

Seven Percent Solution on April 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Oh yeah right, it is Fox’s fault. After all before there was Fox news there was no such thing as wackos going crazy and killing people.

This is just desperation and silliness.

Terrye on April 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM

No one can wonder why CNN is in the rating’s barrel. This could have been a great SNL skit back in the day when SNL actually employed comedy writers. In fact, that’s what I thought it was, until I remembered….

pcpower1 on April 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I mean hell, CNN will probably try to get Fox shut down as some sort of public service thingee, not because of ratings or anything. No sire, not them, they just want to save America.

Terrye on April 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

And, could their desperation be more obvious?

pcpower1 on April 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Given CNN’s dismal ratings, it’s quite possible that most of the people who now know about Sanchez’s comments heard about them first from Hot Air and not CNN.

… Like me

If Allah and the rest of the Conservative blogosphere stopped watching CNN for these Red Meat morsels, would CNN have any viewers at all?

Scarbarian on April 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM

MB4:

Absolutely true.

Terrye on April 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I thought this idiot was done with his portrayal of President Bush being snubbed by foreign leaders during a group photo.

It turned out of course that President Bush had already made his hellos beforehand

Without knowing that ricky went on a narrative of how the Pres. was the only kid left to pick or some playground crap analogy.

Blithering idiot and he works for who?

Sonosam on April 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM

They`re going to keep stoking this and we`ll eventually end up in a civil war.

Have at me, Sanchez! :)

ThePrez on April 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I sent off an e-mail to CNN management politely criticizing The Dirty Sanchez, I’m sure to no avail, but at least I feel a little better.

Class “A” frickstick.

Tim Zank on April 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM

It’s probably more useful in CNN’s attempts to climb out of the cellar. Won’t work, will backfire.

ddrintn on April 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Who is this Rick Sanchez?

Joe Caps on April 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Checking this guy’s Twitter and blog page is a guilty pleasure of mine, as doing the same for David Shuster’s was. Both are frantically desperate for an audience and I guess have had the riot act read to them (Shuster has since lost his time slot.)

Especially amusing is Sanchez picking fights with such notables (and ratings-powerhouses) as Karl Rove, Ann Coulter, and Glenn Beck and then declaring them “afraid to come on my show” on a list he has on his stupid blog.

“The Cuban Ted Baxter” sums him up nicely.

Marcus on April 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

The battle lines are being drawn…no telling where this ends!

winston on April 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

He always tries to be as douchetastic as possible. Jack Cafferty is just as bad.

keepinitreal on April 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

His stupid statement couldn’t have anything to do with the fact that Fox has been kicking CNNs ratings for years, could it? The more I think about this the madder I get, because as a NEWSMAN or whatever he thinks he is, he should be reporting the news, not interjecting his “theories” about what effect watching some OTHER news channel may have had on the situation. Stunning. And yet, they get away with it all the time. We miss you, Walt Cronkite.

scalleywag on April 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Blithering idiot and he works for who?

Sonosam on April 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM

That’s RIGHT, I forgot that was him. He’s like some kind of gossip monger, not a “journalist.”

scalleywag on April 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

“The Cuban Ted Baxter”…priceless! Thanks for that!

pcpower1 on April 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Is this clip from over the weekend, or was this “Rick Sanchez” fellow guest hosting for somebody?

Joe Caps on April 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Ah, Boehlert. I know him well. Too well.

see-dubya on April 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Rick shutup.

Frances on April 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Rove, Coulter and Beck all said, “Whose show? Who?”

Bishop on April 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Dirty Sanchez

Borislav on April 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM

No, Obama getting elected is what has caused the spike in gun sales.
This metrosexual must have an audience of a few hundred.

carbon_footprint on April 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I think Don Lemon who is on CNN is ten times worse. I accidently turned it on CNN once before the election late at night. Don was doing this big expose about racism and awful threats being brought up by the redneck hicks/white trash at Palin rallies. I have never seen anything as racist as his show about how we have issues. He was border-line hysteric, and I could not believe what I was watching. Also, I absolutely love Glenn Beck. He is awesome and I love his emotional outbursts.

TXMomof3 on April 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Seriously…. What sort of insecurity does a news channel have to have to blame a violent tragedy on another comepeting news channel. That’s sheer psychosis.

Pathetic “journalism” there Sanchez

Scrappy on April 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Just in case anyone thinks I was talking bad about the people attending a Palin rally…I would probably be labeled redneck/white trash by CNN. Living in East Texas, I am sure we would be lumped into that category.

TXMomof3 on April 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Alot of Beck-haters growing by the minute. Could it be that he gets it?

jaboba on April 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Those shit heads don’t worry about facts, they’ve got ‘the narrative’ down pat.

GarandFan on April 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I have a dream…

America wakes up and finally recognizes liberalism for the societal ‘death cult’ it really is. Conservatism blossoms, government grows smaller, and everyone — regardless of their reportable income — keeps a personal ‘dog in the fight’ via an 8% flat-tax. Responsible gun ownership becomes a near defacto rite of passage for most young adults, and Right-To-Carry becomes the law in all fifty states with the requisite drops in violent crime. Defective a-holes like the Virginia Tech shooter and the Pittsburgh cop-killer become a thing of the past because there are no more ‘gun free zones’ to provide easy prey for. Everyone is polite, happy, packin’ heat, and well-versed in its use. Criminals live their brief days in abject fear, and children, mothers and the elderly are free to walk the streets in peace.

And somewhere, Rick Sanchez is politely asking a customer if she’d like fries with her cheeseburger…

CaptFlood on April 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM

In Texas, a Concealed Handgun License allows one to buy a firearm without going through a background check (they already have a background check with their license). That is a good reason to get a CHL. Also, to call President Obama black is incorrect. Properly, he is bi-racial; just as much caucasian as black. Maybe caucasians should stand up for his white heritage and not let it get swept under the carpet. To deny his caucasian heritage is racist, is it not?

DAT60A3 on April 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM

What in the hell are you talking about????? Fox has always been the channel who gives both sides. Because you’re a conservative you’re evil! Yall need to get a damn life!

Eyvonne on April 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM

BUY MORE GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS………………

foxone on April 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Rick Sanchez: Pittsburgh cop-killer was influenced “no doubt” by Fox News

OMG, for a minute there I misread the headline and thought Gwen Stefani was a domestic terrorist or something.

Phew.

Y-not on April 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Rick Sanchez is a fool.

Does anyone really think that piece of trash that murdered the police officers in Oakland was a FOX viewer?

Do you think the “Socialist club” holding parades for the afore-mentioned trash was taking guidance from the liberal media (CNN included) or FOX news?

jack herman on April 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

‘Tards on parade.

And, yes, that is an offensive word. An atrocious thing to say. And I mean it in the most vile, mean-spirited, manner possible for these Geniuses.

juanito on April 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

We are insane.

Ding, Ding. The very one. Gee dirty sanchez, don’t you know cars kill people.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Carrying on the fine tradition they started at the Munich Olympics ??

CNN = “The Most TrBusted Name In News”

CaveatEmpty on April 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Rick: Why don’t you continue to plant your face in the lap of the Congressional black ‘cockus’ and leave the real issues to the professionals.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on April 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM