Video: Psychotically angry military veterans and the academics who must tolerate them

posted at 8:28 pm on April 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

A special treat from Penn State’s instructional series on how to cope with “Worrisome Student Behaviors.” It seems our heroine’s been saddled with one of those ill-educated military types and, try as she might to reason with him, his bestial rage keeps getting in the way. Whatever is she to do? Watch and learn, my friends, in case you too are confronted by one of these menacing ne’er-do-wells.

Incidentally, this comes from the PSU College Republicans’ YouTube page. Why not just watch it at the PSU link up top? Funny thing: There are four videos in the series but this one, uniquely among them, doesn’t play. It appears to have been disabled for some reason. I wonder why.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Logis, Please rethink the “retard” put-down. My son has Down syndrome and he in no way, shape, or form resemblant of the backward thinkers who like to dazzle us with their uninformed world view.

How is my worldview uninformed?

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Natural Selection Culls ALL species. I promise.

Dr Evil on April 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM

PSU hates America, apparently.

bluelightbrigade on April 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM

How is my worldview uninformed?

No need to shoe-horn yourself in there Rino, the R-word put down is liberally used in condemnation all over the place. Just going to stand up for my son here, your comment was the one attached to the offending remark by chance. I don’t want to see it used as the put-down of last resort by anyone anywhere (and it’s only ever used in the context that the opposing view is uninformed, ignorant etc.)

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I appreciate that, and agree with you 100%.

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Excellent suggestion. It’s not my place to tell anyone how to raise his own child, but I’m glad you’re now at least CONSIDERING the possibility of no longer referring to him in those terms.

For future reference, the term “retard” is intended as an insult. It’s not your son’s fault who he happens to be related to. And I’m aware of no other reason you’d want to keep abusing him.

logis on April 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

logis on April 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Please clarify. That was completely incomprehensible.

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM

How is my worldview uninformed?
Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Please clarify. That was completely incomprehensible.
Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Sorry for your complete lack of comprehension, but you’ll have to throw me a bone here.

Exactly which part of “retard” do you not understand”?

logis on April 9, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I was referring to this, genius, which is why I quoted the timestamp. That must be awfully tricky for someone like you. I’ll try again.

logis on April 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

What did you mean by this? Are you trying to be sarcastic? Why is he abusing his son?

You are not a very good writer and what you wrote doesn’t make any sense, so I am asking you to please try again.

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM

logis on April 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I’ve read your comment 3 or 4 times to try to even get a context to your thoughts, but I am at a loss.

Is this an attempt to insult me or my son? You seem to be struggling to get your point across.

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I’m sure they have one where the faculty is opposed to gay marriage and the angry gay student is confronting them about it and threatening them they way they did in California after Prop 8 passed. Oh wait, they don’t hire people at Universities who don’t toe the liberal line. That would never happen.

What a disgusting slam of our veterans. The veteran, more than any liberal faculty member, has learned to control their temper while in possession of deadly force.

DaMav on April 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Wait a minute. Penn States finds it necessary to produce these simplistic video vignettes to instruct faculty how to deal with difficult students (leave aside the stereotyping of veterans)? It’s bad enough that students are being infantilized,now the faculty has to be treated like helpless naifs.

GreenBlade on April 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

GreenBlade on April 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

They’re instructing graduate teaching assistants. Generally, they’re 22-23 yr olds grad students who in most cases have never taught a class in their lives.

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Why is he abusing his son?
Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM

That part, of course, I have no way of guessing. But, Mr. Self-Proclaimed English Proffessor, I assume what you meant to say is something more to the effect of: “How is he abusing his son?”

By that, I was referring (again, of course) to the simple fact that he equated his son with an arrogant jackass moonbat.

I’m going out on a limb here and guessing you’re still stumbling around in the dark here: That arrogant jackass moonbat would, of course, be you.

Any other questions there, Einstein? Or am I going to have to refer you to the learning annex?

logis on April 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

That part, of course, I have no way of guessing.

You have no way of guessing? I think you mean you have no way of knowing. So why did you say it, unless you wanted to be cruel? Nice. Very nice.

First, one “f” in Professor, genius. If you’re going to call peopl retards, I suggest you learn how to spell commonly used words. Second, no, I asked what I meant to ask.

Explain why I’m an arrogant jackass moonbat.

Proud Rino on April 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I received a form letter via email from the University President’s office as well as the Director of Public Relations…. The EXACT same letter.

Glad to see they’re taking this seriously.

Troika37 on April 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I actually watched another one of those videos: Let’s Talk About Violence In The Media

I had no idea there were ANY classes out there that operate like this. I wonder if you can actually get whole degrees for doing nothing but sitting there and sucking up to whatever political beliefs the teacher is ‘guiding’ you into?

logis on April 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Logis, It was you who called Rino the R-word, not I, and I politely asked you to refrain from using the word in the future. When Rino enquired if I was referring to him in my request I explained that it is too comon to see the offending word used as the put down of last resort:

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

To save further questioning I will simply ask once again if you could please think twice before using “retard”.

caygeon on April 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Glad to see they’re taking this seriously.

Troika37 on April 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Did you try telling them that you’re a brainwashed American military veteran? I’m sure that’ll get you all the respect you need.

Seriously though, if you’re trying to reason with liberals, then you’re wasting your breath. Communists understand only two things:

1) Power, and
2) Absolutely nothing else.

This is a state school. Contact your representative and go through him.

logis on April 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM