Shuster: Don’t you think the right’s kind of responsible for those cop-killings?

posted at 7:55 pm on April 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

Proof positive that Olby’s not the only MSNBCer who takes his cues from Kos and co-starring NYT JV pundit Charles Blow, last seen wringing his hands over violent rhetoric after calling for GM execs to be flogged a few days before. I can’t decide which part is my favorite, Shuster accusing Glenn Beck of spreading the FEMA camp conspiracy theory when Beck was busy debunking it right around the time this was airing or Shuster feigning outrage at the thought of someone using Nazi comparisons to demonize his political opponents on a network that airs Keith “Captain Fascist” Olbermann at 8 p.m. Evidently Nazi analogies are beyond the pale but likening Fox News to Al Qaeda and conservatives to jihadi fascists is fair game. So hints the man without a timeslot now that Ed Schultz’s taken over at 6 p.m.

As noted last night, the Pittsburgh shooter is a white supremacist and anti-semite who’s known to listen to neocon-hating Alex Jones.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

“Are you currently high, or just naturally stupid?”

cthulhu on April 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM

It is like Fox and MSNBC are talking past each other.

petunia on April 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM

What a nut.

therightwinger on April 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM

And yet the Left champions Mumia, who is a cop killer, and Leonard Peltier who’s an FBI agent killer.

rbj on April 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM

“My sources tell me Rove will be indicted.”

- D. Shuster, during Liddy scandal

Okey Dokey.

fogw on April 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Leftwing Lunacy at best.

AlreadyKnownAs on April 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM

During Bush’s first term, someone wrote and essay that was published all over the internet that there were night time torch light parades in the US, ala, Hitler. I would get into these stupid arguments with dummies in the UK and Canada that there are no brownshirts marching with torches through our streets anywhere. They would dig up the article and the numerous retelling of the lie and offer it as proof. So, who the hell is the left to ever complain about any imagery when we heard nothing but Bush=Hitler for 8 damn years?

Blake on April 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I can’t handle teh nasal.

aquaviva on April 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Weird how some of the network guys think these things shortly after some of the blog guys write about them. Really weird…

BadgerHawk on April 6, 2009 at 8:05 PM

“My sources tell me Rove will be indicted.”

- D. Shuster, during Liddy scandal

Okey Dokey.

fogw on April 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM

And something about being ‘frog-marched’ out in handcuffs…

Shuster is the King of Smarmy Toilet Bugs.

Great work if you can get it…and stand to look at yourself in the mirror every day……

BigWyo on April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM

*Pulls pin, tosses grenade*

Don`t you think the Left is responsible for 9/11?

ThePrez on April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Blake on April 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM

The left. Are you actually surprised?

AlreadyKnownAs on April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM

rbj on April 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM

you forgot bill ayers.

Ghoul aid on April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Is this the “Nazi imagery” that Shuster so dilikes is taking about?

Oh, I thought not. Never mind then.

Shuster’s a Bambi tool. We are screwed.

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on April 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Dan won’t be satisfied until he’s in the Douche bag HOF.

gsherin on April 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM

What an ass clown Schuster is.If he is not making outrageous statements and then attributing them to conservatives he is acting as if no one on his network ever compared Bush to Hitler.His own pal Olbermann has probably done it a dozen times.
It is laughable for him to pretend that bothers him.
In ten seconds I can come up with dozens and dozens of Bush/Hitler images.

Who was it who came up with
“Hitlerburton or chimpy McHitler.
Was it the right?

NeoKong on April 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM

dilikes=dislikes

What…oh there’s my glasses.

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on April 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM

“Anybody who uses Nazi imagery diminishes the significance of World War II.”

SWEEEEEEEEEEET jesuz…Allah….KUDOS. That was BRILLIANT.

BEST USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY IN A BLOG POST AWARD

Now if Hitler had only worn BIG, FUGLY assed GLASSES from LensCrafters….

seejanemom on April 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM

He can’t stop talking over his guest… Standard Leftwing Douche Bag.

I thought Nazi symbols were copyrighted by liberals.

regal on April 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Anyone with a marginal grasp of the obvious would really understand that a murderous nut killed the cops, the people in Binghamton, etc. and that neither right nor left lacks for kooks.

I mean, Ayers is a leftie and planted bombs.

People like this wacko make me want to carry concealed all the time…they really have a perverted sense of reality and just aren’t all there…good candidates to flip out and get violent.

Harry Schell on April 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Damn it Cthulhu, I watched this segment just to see is someone said that. I can’t get back those minutes of my life.

Trov on April 6, 2009 at 8:14 PM

So, did Shuster get raped by the bigger kids a lot as a child?

I can’t find any other explanation for why he is the way he is.

MadisonConservative on April 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Schuster and Charles from LGF on the same side. We live in strange times.

SnarkVader on April 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Dave better lay off my man Glenn. I like the sensitive type.

TXMomof3 on April 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Oh how I long for the tasteful opposition that the left provided for us in the olden days of the Bush administration… oh right-wing Village Voice! Where are you when we need your reason to guide us?!?

DaveS on April 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Some of these Loons on the Left are blind to their own past actions…

DL13 on April 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Isn’t Ed Schulz taking his time slot? What are they going to do with this little putz? I hope his new job is narrating the prison shows.

sherry on April 6, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Schuster is angling for an Olberman deal, trying to out-whackjob the king of the whackjobs.

Good job, MSNBC, filling your ranks with sideshow acts. Do your execs ever stop to wonder WHY your network consistently rates at the bottom of the pile?

Bishop on April 6, 2009 at 8:19 PM

“nazi imagery”???? uhhhhhhh, Axelrod who?

marklmail on April 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I thought Conservatives were all like pro-life and stuff and that was what caused the Left to foam at the mouth? I mean how much sense does it make to now portray us as lovers of death? I wish they could make up their minds which group they think we are members of!

Does anyone on the Left every read a history book? Ever? And no, the ones from Columbia or the University of Chicago do not qualify! If they did read a history book they might find a few reasons why we are wary of people taking our guns and things like FASCISM. It has a tendency to smite freedoms of all peoples- gay, straight, black, white, Democrats or Republicans. FASCISM is a pretty nasty thing, and last time I checked, those unarmed Georgians were pretty helpless when the armed Russians went marching through Georgia. What makes the Left so sure things like that could not happen here? Why is it they assume the gun owners would not fight for THEIR rights to be ignorant loons? I mean if we by some chance were attacked or invaded, just which peoples do they think we are going to be fighting for? Just our people? If a natural disaster occurred like Katrina, whose property do these Leftists think we are going to want to protect? For one our own property, but we have a tendency in America to look after our neighbors as well.

As a gun owner I am fed up with people thinking we are backwoods, bark licking, morons. We love this country and the people living in it and we respect and dearly love our law enforcement officials. We would never, never think of taking a life in such a cavalier fashion. We do not own guns to take lives, but to protect them. In case the MSLSD folks do not happen to recall; it has been reported over and over during many a horrific crime that a citizen with a gun ended up stopping more lives from being taken by a mad man like this guy.

freeus on April 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM

rbj on April 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Don’t forget Obama’s best friend forever William Ayer’s…

doriangrey on April 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM

“My sources tell me Rove will be indicted.”

- D. Shuster, during Liddy Libby scandal

Okey Dokey.

fogw on April 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Ooops.

He got suspended for ranking on Chelsea Clinton…..the guy is an asshole…complete.

BigWyo on April 6, 2009 at 8:21 PM

David Shuster is a brilliant journalist.
I bet he watches himself on TIVO and masturbates.

Towash on April 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM

The Left is responsible for the cop killings in Oakland. Where’s the outrage?

jediwebdude on April 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM

freeus on April 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Which is one of the major reasons the left hates conservatives.

doriangrey on April 6, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Those people marching in Oakland for a rapist/triple cop murderer are an image that cannot help their cause. That Mark Lamont Hill that O’Reilly always has on makes me sick. He said it was caused by police terrorism.

TXMomof3 on April 6, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Anyone remember a guy named Ayers? Wasn’t he known for wanting to kill cops?

Scrappy on April 6, 2009 at 8:30 PM

What a retard

Viper1 on April 6, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Strike my last, thats an insult to an entire group of decent people.

This guys a POS

Viper1 on April 6, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Shuster conveniently forgets that Olbermann donning an O’Reilly mask while making a Nazi salute. Olbermann was actually criticized by Jewish groups.

kit9 on April 6, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I have stopped arguing with the left. You can’t argue with people who have lost the ability to discuss ideas in a rational way, the ability to think critically about the world around them, and ways to articulate their views without name calling and belittling people personally.

I am just going to listen to Joy division and some other depressing music, as the world speeds uncontrollably towards a dystopic nightmare perfectly describe in 1984.

theboss on April 6, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Wow, there just won’t be any personal responsibility in Obamaland will there?

ctmom on April 6, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I can’t wait until this happens.

Today, I realized that I should not be President of the United states because I am way under qualified for the job. FML.-Barry O.

theboss on April 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I’m sick of people saying the right are nazi…aren’t the nazi socialist….that’s the left…

rich8450 on April 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Well moron, there was a man in Graham, WA that killed his five children and later killed himself. He was a progressive liberal Democrat. Do you suppose that Barak Obama is responsible for those murders? He has yet to deliver the hopey-changey eutopian world promised during the campaign.

Chuck from Tacoma on April 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Charles Blow? Is his middle name ‘Does’?

Kevin M on April 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM

pushing it.

rob verdi on April 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Don’t worry, their tone will change when Obama issues the brown shirt uniforms.

GarandFan on April 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Sometimes I just have to sit back and marvel at how Obama has brought this divided country together and the partisanship has evaporated and the world just loves us again simply by the sheer brilliance of his smile ………….NOT.

ctmom on April 6, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Shuster knows that if he wants to move up the MSNBC food chain, he has to be more Olberdouchey.

Speedwagon82 on April 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I saw on Twitter earlier, Shuster is going to have a show on between 3 and 5 and he is looking for a name for it. Anyone have any ideas to help him out? I watched this at 5 and almost couldn’t believe what I was watching.

msmveritas on April 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Charles Blow = Jayson Blair

JohnGalt23 on April 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Man, Schuster is just as big a nut as Tingles Matthews. Only smarmier–if that’s possible.

Zardoz on April 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM

When this tree falls in the forest, it does not make a sounds as it has no viewership.
Recently Newsbusters steered readers to this twit’s Twitter. Every other post was basically a beg for an audience. Once he was (seriously) contemplating a “balloon or t-shirt giveaway, but you have to watch!”. That was before he lost his slot and was demoted to MSNBC wasteland.

Marcus on April 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Shuster is laughable. Joke.

marklmail on April 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM

The Left is responsible for the cop killings in Oakland. Where’s the outrage?

jediwebdude on April 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM

How do you figure? Cause the guy was black?

The difference between the two is whereas the Oakland cop-killer may have been a liberal (who knows though…he didn’t seem to be a proponent of gun-control), there is no evidence that his political views (if he had any at all) played a role in his crime. In contrast the Pennsylvania cop killer’s twisted right-wing ideology probably played some sort of role in his crime.

crr6 on April 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The Lipless Douchebag Hour.

This slack-jawed affected salad demotion to One-foot-out-the-door-if-not-for-Matthews-afternoon-anchor. He’s a periennal suckup.

Still, I’d love to see Norah on FNC. Unfortunately there’s no room, but it would be fun to watch her try and de-program from Olbyville and tack right.

budfox on April 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM

That’s supposed to read-

“This slack-jawed, affected, salad tosser just wintessed Norah O’Donnel’s demotion to One-foot-out-the-door-if-not-for-Matthews-afternoon-anchor”.

budfox on April 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM

MSNBC

The ‘Boston Globe’ of Cable Land…

CaptFlood on April 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Maybe this guy needs to bone up on his forms of government:

ballz2wallz on April 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM

crr6 on April 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM

You are kidding right?

fumpbump on April 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I think most of the aforementioned comments pretty well sums it up.

larvcom on April 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Schuster forgot you should never go full retard.

Techie on April 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

crr6 on April 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM

If we are to participate in this idiocy, then fine. However, the above is not even remotely accurate. It seems you are confusing ideology with politics. I am not one to know (nor care to know) what the killer’s politics were. But since you have to suggest his ideology did play a role, you should at least be accurate. That of Nazism or Neo-Nazism. Nazism and it ideological twin, fascism, is a phenomenon solely owned from the left. In fact, any and all totalitarian or statist ideology is completely left wing.

But it doesn’t matter. The cretin was a loon who murdered 3 cops. ‘Fearing some kind of coming Obama gun ban’ may be political (and a right wing political fear) but is absurd as placing some blame on his ideological roots (that of far left). Should we still have doubts about his sanity even after he decides to murder 3 cops? Does the exercise of determining why he was clearly confused with ideology and politics (like you) explain away his sanity?

anuts on April 6, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Good to know that Democrats will be taking responsibility for Fred Phelps. Oh, wait… that would be the opposite of hypocrisy. I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for them to stop being hypocritical.

JohnJ on April 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I have had enought from the nuts and slime balls at Msnbc.So i am contacting all the sponcers i see on that network.Telling them i will never buy there stuff or use there service ever again.I know that i,m just one person but this is the least i can do.I believe in free speech but they have gone way overboard and it,s getting worse ever week.These dirt bags belive they can say or do anything true or not and not be called on it.Maybe i.m just spitting in the wind or charging windmils but i can no longer just sit by and do nothing.

thmcbb on April 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM

rbj on April 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Don’t forget Ayers and his wife, Mizzz Dohrn…and their pals Barack and Michelle Obama.

SouthernGent on April 6, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Shyster’s not a real journalist, he plays one on TV.

RandyChandler on April 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Oh, yes, because American Conservatives just sooooo easily identify themselves with Nazism.

Hey, Libtards…thanks to your Commie-loving forebears, America was unprepared for war against Japan and Germany, but fortunately Patriotism took over long enough (while the Leftists were busy infiltrating the government under FDR and giving Manhattan Project secrets to Moscow, of course) to defeat these bastards and allow your Commie friends in Europe to take over after the war. Top generals like Patton, Eisenhower, and MacArthur were too afraid to wear their uniforms even in Washington D.C. before the war.

Liberalism was the sheepish friend of the Nazis that allowed them to come to power in the first place…I guess right wing socialists were still better than Democracy?

As Marshal Petain said, the speedy fall of France was the result of decades of Marxism.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 6, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Does MSNBC have casting calls to find the most dweeby, ill-spoken people to represent the Right?

cannonball on April 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I heard Shuster was taking suggestions on Twitter for the name of his new, earlier show, but they shut down his account before I got to submit mine: Next Stop, Local Farm Report.

Jim Treacher on April 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Totally horrible. Every HotAir commenter despises comparisons to fascists.

radiofreevillage on April 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM

That was outrageous commentary. Schuster does not belong on TV.

First of all, it is not right-wing paranoia or Rush or Beck that leads gun owners to think that Obama is going to take their guns away. Obama said very clearly in 1996 (although he denied it later) that he supported a ban on the “manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns” and as well as a ban on “assault weapons”.

Secondly, I listen to Rush and Beck regularly and I have no recollection of either them saying “Obama is going to take your guns away.” If they did, I missed it. In fact, I don’t remember either saying much about gun rights at all. I’m certain neither of them advocated shooting cops. I don’t know what Schuster thinks he heard.

Thirdly, is there any evidence that this Pittsburgh had even heard of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, much less got his marching orders from them?

DarkKnight3565 on April 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Last time I saw a Shuster, I flushed it.

What an idiot.

av8tr on April 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Shuster is as irritating as whiny 2 year old.

I blame Puffy Combs.

“Obama or die” “Obama or Die”

Texyank on April 7, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Keep Rush. Ban rap.

Ronnie on April 7, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Schuster makes Kurtis Blow seem moderate.

I hope he gets pancreatic cancer. Soon.

connertown on April 7, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Gee, I don’t know David. The president knows more unrepentant domestic terrorist cop-killers than I do.

hawkdriver on April 7, 2009 at 5:03 AM

I liked the part last night where Sheister was using the term WINGNUTS.

Oh, and did anyone hear him whine in response to the Bushitler comments over the past 8years?

scottm on April 7, 2009 at 6:46 AM

ah…can’t find my comment. sad.

Mommypundit on April 7, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Do a google image search for Bush Hitler. Wow.

Mommypundit on April 7, 2009 at 6:54 AM

MSNBC is stupid. I mean that from a business angle. They have loaded their lineup with one Obama cheerleader after another. As Obama makes one amateur mistake after another, the economy slides further down, fascist takeovers of private businesses result in those companies dying anyway, it’s going to be “DAMAGE CONTROL” all day, everyday for these tinfoil hat wearing buffoons. There isn’t enough spin that they will be able to come up with. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the entire network either die the death, or have a complete makeover in the direction of reality…

By the way, Shuster probably has an I.Q. of less than a 100, and proves that consistently. He’s Olbergoebbels mini-me………..

adamsmith on April 7, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Shuster would have been a good disciple of Andrei Vyshinsky in Stalin’s Russia or Roland Freisler in Hitler’s Grermany. Brow beats, insults, never let’s you get a word in edge wise.

Hilts on April 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM

People like this wacko make me want to carry concealed all the time…

Harry Schell

So, why don’t you? If your state allows it, go for it. If I’m wearing pants, my LCP is in my pocket, even in church (for my wife’s sake I do empty the chamber).

SKYFOX on April 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Name 1 comparison of where a Bush was compared with Hitler.
Google Bush Hitler. About 7,510,000 returns.

What a lame brain. Do as I say not what I do. “Don’t inspire the crazies…” Like Ayers, Rev. Wright etc.

Be very afraid of the government. A person is more likely to be killed by their gov that by foriegn invaders. That is why the 2nd Ammendment exists.

Kuffar on April 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM

As Beck pointed out yesterday, even the New York Times had a story recently about how the Nazis were a big proponent of stimulus spending.

hawksruleva on April 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Shuster makes blood shoot out of my eyes.

Livefreeordie on April 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Name 1 comparison of where a Bush was compared with Hitler.
Google Bush Hitler. About 7,510,000 returns.

Kuffar on April 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM

You know, it could be argued that the MSM caused this nutjob to become a conservative. Or that they took an otherwise normal conservative and turned him into a Nazi.

hawksruleva on April 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM

If I cared about the political leanings of murderers I would be in league with those who support hate crimes. I’m not. I don’t care what’s in your heart when you murder someone and your “hate” doesn’t make your victim any more or less dead. Same for non-lethal “hate crimes”.
The punishment should be for the crime, not the hate. Hate is an emotional response and should not be criminalized any more than love. This whole idea of hate crime is stupid and will lead us down the path to the Minority Report concept of pre-crime, but without the waterlogged telepaths.
Yes, I know this sounds goofy, but really, how big a step is it from hate crime to the crime of hate?

SKYFOX on April 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Shuster, Olbermann, Matthews and Madd cow ……. all far left wing pawns of George Soros and GE. Here’s a place to vent:

Almost 500 signatures!! On the way to 1,000.

afotia on April 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Next to Keith Olbermann, and Chris Matthews, Shuster is another clueless MSNBC dim-wit.

byteshredder on April 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM