Alert the Media: Mike Gallagher

posted at 10:12 am on April 6, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’ll be making an appearance on the Mike Gallagher Show this morning at around 10:30 am ET.  Mike wants to talk about Barack Obama’s bow to Saudi King Abdullah, among other topics.  We’ll talk about protocol among heads of state, and how symbolism works in diplomacy.  We may also talk about the Austrian language and other Obamateurisms in general.  Be sure to tune in or catch us on the stream!

Just to continue the update I made on an earlier thread, LGF claims they have a clip of Bush bowing to Abdullah, but he’s actually bending down to receive a medal from the Saudi king.  Bush is much taller than Abdullah, which would have made it impossible for Abdullah to get the medal around his neck otherwise.  We can question whether Bush should have accepted a medal from the Saudis, but he wasn’t greeting Abdullah with a bow.

Claiming this to be a bow would mean that recipients of the Medal of Honor have a requirement to show submission to the person who gives it to them, when in reality it’s the only way to get the ribbon over the head.  The same thing is true for Olympic athletes who win medals. They’re not “bowing” and showing submission to the judges; they’re bending to allow the ribbon to go around their neck.

Comments

Oh, please, Ed, do you really think the MSM cares about whether Bush actually bowed? All they have to do is claim it and voila, it’s true!

Snowed In on April 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Would BHO bow before the mad mullah who runs Iran?

jgapinoy on April 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I’m listening to Mike right now!

ladyingray on April 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Please express HOTAIR’s condolences on the UNTIMELY death of his beloved Denise.

And tell him HI! from us Greenville(ish) natives…

seejanemom on April 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I’ve seen Bush bow going into cars and helicopters too.

LGF is getting relativistic. Show me Bush bowing to someone without something being singed around his neck , then i’ll admit he’s bowing.

the_nile on April 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Mike reads HotAir.
Hey Mike, great job debating Hitchens this morning!
God bless.

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM

And Ed, Bush was merely cleaning the floor of a piece of trash. He wasn’t bowing.

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Something about Mike bugs me.

Kjeil on April 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM

i love Mike Gallagher, and yes, my thoughts are with him regarding the loss of his wife.

Ghoul aid on April 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM

ed, are you & mike going to talk about how Michelle, my belle, wowed Europe? or will AP be censoring the radio, too?

kelley in virginia on April 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Was that an actual medal reception?

misslizzi on April 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My sister wants to massage Mikes scalp.

marklmail on April 6, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Ed speaks.

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Hereesssssssssss, Eddie!

ladyingray on April 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Ed speaks to a national audience while Allahpundit sleeps on the sofa in his own vomit. : )

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Ewww.

Snowed In on April 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Great job Ed. You really come off great on radio.

carbon_footprint on April 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM

HotAir.com:

old slogan: Get Your Fill
new slogan: Not Exactly Slouches

Snowed In on April 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM

When Gallagher apologizes to bicyclists for his anti-cyclists tirades, maybe I’ll listen to him again.

jediwebdude on April 6, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I’ve seen Bush bow going into cars and helicopters too.

the_nile on April 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM

For a president of the United States to show submission to a car. Wow!

I bet he also showed submission to little children when he met with them.

And let’s not forget his daily acts of submission to his sink when he washed his face.

Loxodonta on April 6, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I was banned on LGF over this. Charles has developed a severe case of self importance. I removed my bookmark to LGF and the link from my website. Between his obsession with evolution and anti-creation, and his stance on ‘The Messiah’, the site has gone downhill rapidly.

Dasher on April 6, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I missed it.

I also will say again you’re making too big a deal over this minor genuflect Ed.

For those that heard the interview, did Mike get Ed to do any show tunes with him?

toliver on April 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Ed

you’re overblogging

non story on a non story = nonsense

EricPWJohnson on April 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Dasher

I don’t visit LGF, but I thought you were talking about AP. Is Charles an atheist? Are there other similarities?

SKYFOX on April 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Ed,
How dare you question the Supreme Dictator at LGF echo chamber.
You’ll get smeared. The mask has slipped over there. I resigned. That place wouldn’t make a pimple on a Conservative blog’s arse.

Jed1899 on April 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Something about Mike bugs me.

Kjeil on April 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thank you so much for saying that – I could not agree with you more on any subject – about anyone.

Mike Gallagher is the ‘intellectual midget’s Rush Limbaugh’. He constantly overstates issues – he is condescending to guests who dare disagree with him – and he is cheap in thought and intellect.

I listened to him for a couple months – and just constantly found myself changing the channel. When he is on TV – I do the same thing – I change the channel.

jake-the-goose on April 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Dasher

SKYFOX on April 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I gave up on LGF a few weeks back too. The “little” Anti-Christ bent, on the site made me feel un-welcome. Hot Air seems to be on the similar path.

Kjeil on April 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM

jake-the-goose on April 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

A bit too rough, but yeah.

toliver on April 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM

A bit too rough, but yeah.

toliver on April 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I know – I have a habit of getting into my own rhetoric.

Gallagher works for the right causes – so I have to give him that.

Just not my cup of tea.

jake-the-goose on April 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I was totally shocked to hear that Mike’s wife has passed away. I remember listening to him on the radio all the time on my way to school, and hearing the updates on his wife’s condition. I’m assuming it had something to do with the cancer she was battling. My prayers are with him and his family.
I always thought his show was entertaining. My problem with talk radio has been and always will be the listeners who call in. Some of the calls are so painful it makes me physically uncomfortable and I have to change the station.
Also, I’m glad to see I’m not the only person who was banned from LGF for not going along with the anti-Creationism crowd. I was never aware of all the schisms that exist in the right wing.

Living4Him5534 on April 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I hope Mike finds a super-hot chick who likes showtunes.

marklmail on April 6, 2009 at 1:06 PM

As a Theistic Evolutionist, I don’t have issues with the scientific aspect of evolution. But I do have issues with the metaphysical aspect. The Creationist movement uses a post-modern hermeneutic for interpreting Genesis 1, and thus equate it to a play-by-play documentary of how God created. Major point for LGF: Creationism is not representative of all Christianity.

Yeah, yeah…I know…post it over on LGF, not here.

jediwebdude on April 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I have been getting really peeved with LGF as of late. And I once was an admirer of his blog.

gary on April 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Major point for LGF: Creationism is not representative of all Christianity.

Also, Theistic Evolution is not representative of Christianity…well, at all, really.

Living4Him5534 on April 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Gallagher is a good guy. Met him and his old producer Jason in Dallas–everyone should listen!

ScottMcC on April 6, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Just not my cup of tea.

jake-the-goose on April 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

A week or two before the election in November, my favorite radio station changed from Laura Ingrham to Mike Gallgher. I hated it enough to do daily protest phone calls.

The radio station asked me to give Mike a chance and so I did. I listened pretty much every day for about a month and then I couldn’t take it anymore. He just doesn’t do it for me.

He’s not a bad fellow and I can see what his appeal is for other people, but like you said, just not my cup of tea.

Now I listen to sports talk from 9-12.

myrenovations on April 6, 2009 at 2:43 PM

What the hell is Obama doing bowing to the abdullah dude for?
The only king he needs to bow too is CHRIST the King!!,

hawkman on April 6, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Now I listen to sports talk from 9-12.

myrenovations on April 6, 2009 at 2:43 PM

My condolences.

Snowed In on April 6, 2009 at 3:18 PM

In defense of Charles Johnson,I think his blog is without question the best blog you could hope to find on the internet.I have been a longtime reader and finally registered six mo.ago.Charles has never ever tossed anyone off HIS sight unless they are very offensive or just can’t make a point,they are relentless. Charles is the only one who will deal with the subject of the creationist and understands the danger to our children with religion in place of science class in school.You unfairly accuse Charles. From a consertive Catholic.

belle2 on April 6, 2009 at 9:08 PM