WaPo poll: 57% still think country is on the wrong track

posted at 8:50 pm on March 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

Slublog did a nice job slicing and dicing the data this morning, flagging the fact that the spread among respondents was 36 percent Democrat and only 25 percent Republican. It’s possible that the left’s party ID advantage is still that heavy — WaPo used a 36/24 breakdown for last month’s poll — but both Rasmussen and NPR found the GOP suddenly ahead or tied on the generic ballot just two weeks ago. I figure there must have been some movement towards the right on party ID in the interim, too. Re-weigh the crosstabs accordingly. My only critique of Slu’s post is that I think he makes a bit too much of the right track/wrong track numbers (as does WaPo, incidentally): If the economy starts to recover, we’ll probably see a 20-point swing towards the former. If, in six months, it’s still stagnant or getting worse, a somewhat lesser swing towards the latter. The numbers aren’t a pure referendum on Obama, in other words, a point reinforced by the fact that 60 percent say they approve of The One’s handling of the economy and just 26 percent say he bears a good or great deal of responsibility for the state of things (versus 70 percent who say the same for Bush). Support for how the feds as a whole are handling it is much narrower — just 49/48, which may go to show that Obama himself is somewhat more popular than his policies are.

Or does it? The trends in these two questions are promising but look at the spread in number 11:

And this is downright depressing:

Exit question: The guy’s already bet a year’s worth of American GDP on his economic program. How many trillion does he have to spend to be thought of as an old-school liberal?

Comments

And this is downright depressing:

Give it time, Allah.

Like your upcoming Seppuku, the public reaction to Obama’s economic policies, in time, will be quite a bloody mess.

blatantblue on March 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Wrong track? How about wrong railroad!

gmoonster on March 31, 2009 at 8:52 PM

At some point, Obama will start getting the blame. People are giving the first affirmative action president quite the long leeway, which of course is racist in and of itself.

SouthernGent on March 31, 2009 at 8:53 PM

AP, do you intend to report on the NY 20th election which I believe is being held today?

MB4 on March 31, 2009 at 8:55 PM

For anyone with their eyes open he has crossed beyond that goal post already and is somewhere in the next county.

MB4 on March 31, 2009 at 8:56 PM

At some point, Obama will start getting the blame.

After every Repub, conservative and moderate dem are tossed under the bus, then perhaps maybe…MAYBE…Ogabe will get some blame.

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM

i’m still waiting for the floodgates of hate and true awareness as to who this fraud is to break wide open. my personal floodgates broke a very long time ago. and when i use the word hate, i honestly mean it.

Ghoul aid on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

MB4 on March 31, 2009 at 8:55 PM

The polls are open until 9pm. NY Board of Elections

SouthernGent on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

No Hope.

ronsfi on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

And this is downright depressing:

My gosh! That IS depressing. Honestly folks, what’s it gonna take?

Weight of Glory on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I have a bad feeling we won’t recognize our country anymore by the time some people finally wake up to what’s going on.

gsherin on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

People are frustrated and the source of it is that they’re protesting, calling, emailing and still, no one in D.C. is listening.

This video on YouTube really says it all: sung to the tune of “Mrs. Robinson”, it’s “Mr. Jefferson” – take a peek; you might choke up with tears about the direction our country is going:

yogi41 on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

My only critique is that I think he makes a bit too much of the right track/wrong track numbers (as does WaPo, incidentally): If the economy starts to recover, we’ll probably see a 20-point swing towards the former. If, in six months, it’s still stagnant or getting worse, a somewhat lesser swing towards the latter

While it is true that a lot of thoughtless people voted for Obama, there are many now awake to the situation we find ourselves. There will not be a recovery in the near-term (1-2 years) that will sufficiently create enough jobs to reverse the current trend.

I think you have this wrong. There may be a slight swing to right track as the market recovers a bit for the short term, but as monetary and political policies drag out this recession, the 20-point swing will go the other way.

genso on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

62% say “Obama is a new-style Democrat who will be careful with the public’s money.” I laughed out loud when I read this. It shows how dumb and unimformed people really are and why his approval is still at 60%.

Mark1971 on March 31, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Try April 15th as a benchmark. No one is in a good mood on that day. They should hold elections that day, too. Find a Tea Pary and go to it.

BetseyRoss on March 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM

And this is downright depressing:

Give it time, Allah.

blatantblue on March 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

There is no time. It’s over.

True_King on March 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Mark1971 on March 31, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I seriously question the methods to this poll when I see stuff that like 80% of people are afraid his budget may spend too much in others.

gsherin on March 31, 2009 at 9:01 PM

My hope is that after that first 100 days thing some of the people in the press who surely must have been muzzled. Will begin to finally report more fairly. But maybe my faith in my fellow Americans is miss placed.

petunia on March 31, 2009 at 9:01 PM

yogi41 on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Because they don’t care about you. They care only to implement what the CFR wants: No borders, dumbed down education, government controlled food supply, and on and on.

True_King on March 31, 2009 at 9:03 PM

blatantblue on March 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Ugh. Did you see the fight at that Michigan car dealership? I imagine that happening wholesale in large cities as things start to really break down, and then I imagine all those frightened people heading out looking for a place to shelter.

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:04 PM

“hey it has quadrillioned in value for “on the right track…”

-GetAClue

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM

The polls are open until 9pm. NY Board of Elections

SouthernGent on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Grazie.

MB4 on March 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Wonderful, but what are we doing about this other than expressing our concern on HotAir???? Not a darn thing is the answer.

foxone on March 31, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I did not, but I did see this Pitching Showdown at a car dealership. (youtube)

I’m looking up the Michigan fight

blatantblue on March 31, 2009 at 9:07 PM

There are so many problems with this poll I could scream. A representative sample should have followed at least something close to what we saw in the election. I think the breakdown was 39% Dem, 32% Republican and 27% Independent. This sample is pretty laughable. Chris Matthews used these numbers, selectively of course, to prop up the Camelot visit to Europe. This is propaganda.

msmveritas on March 31, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Wow…another poll…kinda the opposite theme of the one this morning….

*gag*

BigWyo on March 31, 2009 at 9:10 PM

BTW, bishop, fastforward to 5 minutes if you want

blatantblue on March 31, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Wow…another poll…kinda the opposite theme of the one this morning….

*gag*

BigWyo on March 31, 2009 at 9:10 PM

it’s the same poll, the spin was “support has tripled”

the reality is more than half still say “this sucks”…

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM

BLASPHEMER!

Slublog on March 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I’m guessing this is an attention span issue: they reflexively associate Obama with “new”, not “old”, and ignore all of the other big words around it.
Kind of like the poles that got a large majority of people to agree that “God created the world less than 10,000 years ago” and “Dinosaurs walked the Earth hundreds of millions of years ago.” That only makes sense if people are only reading the first four words of each, and I expect the same is happening here.

Count to 10 on March 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM

If economy improves many here had already agreed that things would look up for obama. Down the line, when all this spending comes home to roost, then we’ll see.

jeanie on March 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Terrific,thats 1 %,for every State!(Sarc)

Now,when does Operation Take back America Crisis
commence!

canopfor on March 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM

It’s 59% at RCP last I looked.

I expect it to go higher after the reality of this mess finally sinks into people’s heads.

I also expect Obama to deploy the brown shirts to stem unrest.

Ryan Gandy on March 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM

There is a definite under current of disatisfaction with TOTUS’s supporters.

During the transition, people (ordinary people) were screaming “give Obama a chance”. I can still feel the mean looks I encountered whenever his name was mentioned!

Lately, these same people are apologising, dumbfounded, disillusioned. This is NOT the Hope & Change they voted for.

In a conversation with a check-out clerk, she (African-American) asked if I knew when she was going to get her ‘rebate check’. When I told her she would get it on April 1st, she was all smiles. Giggles even!

When I told her the rebate was $13 per week, she stopped cold for a full minute. She was stunned when I said the $13 would dwindle down to $8 by Jan. She asked why we aren’t getting the $2000 like last year, and said “this is what Obama decided to give you”.

The clerk and the 5-6 people in line were mad, but not at me, they were mad at obama.

President TelePrompter knows the koolaid is wearing off, otherwise, he wouldn’t have gone on Leno, Town Halls, state-to state signing bills, televised press conferences….

TN Mom on March 31, 2009 at 9:17 PM

gsherin on March 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Yeah, but at least we’ll be able to go to the hospital for treatment of ennui under ObamaCare.

Oh, wait. Some of us have chronic health problems, so we’ll be considered a burden to our fellow tax payers.

Guess it’s soylent green for me. My patriotic duty and the price of being inferior.

Kensington on March 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Republican party needs to understand that Obama’s approval rating will never go below 50%

he poles very good with Blacks and Hispanics. That overrides the bigot vote

money2 on March 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM

…..only 57%? I guess that’s a start.
I guess it’s finally sinking in that the Obamadots are not going to get their mortgages paid and their gas tanks filled by Obama.
The unicorns also seem to crap constantly, they are as full of sh*t as Obama.

HornetSting on March 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Kensington on March 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Tell you what, I’ll talk to some people I know and get you ground-up as Soylent Yellow instead; you’ll be a different shape too (pentagonal) instead of the boring square of the green color.

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM

he poles very good with Blacks and Hispanics. That overrides the bigot vote
money2 on March 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Charming.

Slublog on March 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Let me rot a few days before feeding me to Meghan McCain.

Kensington on March 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

he poles very good with Blacks and Hispanics. That overrides the bigot vote
money2 on March 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Wait, what? Ogabe healed the racial divide with his election. Where have you been?

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Interesting………..

……….. the worm is starting to turn, even in spite of the MSMs total defense and cheer leading of Mr. Teleprompter.

Maybe the daily deluge of incompetence from himself, his administration, and the Democrats who control Congress,

……….. along with every one’s 401Ks evaporating overnight, and the realization that our children’s children are going to pay for legislation thought up by Barney Frank is starting to sink in.

Then again…………

……… I polled myself, and by 100% it has been concluded that my farts smell like “Flowers and Roses”.

Seven Percent Solution on March 31, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Well, when w left it was 8% so we are getting there.

Patience and persistence.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:24 PM

It’s not Obama’s fault that most think we’re on the wrong track, it’s obviously Palin’s.

V15J on March 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Well, when w left it was 8% so we are getting there.

Except for the whole ‘cratering with independents’ thing.

Slublog on March 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Old School Liberal my #ss!

He’s a New Age Socialist Authoritarian!!!

I think 10 Trillion will be the Liberal
magic number!Gack and Hurl!

canopfor on March 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Oh, he’s new-school alright. Roosevelt and Johnson were one-room-schoolhouse-teachers, and Obama is the University of California of tax and spenders.

peski on March 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Let me rot a few days before feeding me to Meghan McCain.
Kensington on March 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Hmmm, you’re asking a lot of me and the last guy who pushed the Soylent Committee too hard ended up in the grinder himself.

Would you settle for being fertilizer in Michelle’s White House garden?

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:27 PM

WaPo poll: 57% still think country is on the wrong track

Gee, ya think?…

M-14 2go on March 31, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Soylent Yellow..

Bishop on Mar 31,2009 at 9:21PM.

Bishop: I’m partial,to Soylent Sh#t Brindle Brown myself,

as you seem to be a Master MixMiester,can you mix

that particular colour!!Hehe:):)

canopfor on March 31, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Let me rot a few days before feeding me to Meghan McCain.

Kensington on March 31, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I hope you are a ‘big’ guy or we may have to feed getalife to her too.

HornetSting on March 31, 2009 at 9:33 PM

As usual, the assumptions of the MSM poll are biased. The question presumes Federal spending will help the economy and tells the reader that before asking a question about if it is worth it. How about a straight up question that asks if you think federal spending, stimulus and bailouts will help or rather hurt the economy?

Resolute on March 31, 2009 at 9:35 PM

There’s a long lag on these types of polls, so I suspect we’re still on an election hangover.

Nessuno on March 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Can’t wait for the European weenies to rain on Obama’s parade tomorrow.

I hope thin-skinned Barry brought his teddy-bear along on the trip. He’s gonna need some cuddling when he discovers his overseas honeymoon ended before he got any.

fogw on March 31, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Bishop: I’m partial,to Soylent Sh#t Brindle Brown myself,
as you seem to be a Master MixMiester,can you mix
that particular colour!!

Crap colored soylent? Hmmm, I would need getaclue and ProudLoser to volunteer for the grinder, but yes it can be done.

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 9:41 PM

At the end of 8 years of w, that poll said 8% thought we were headed in the right direction.

Cons ignore that part.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Wonder how many are among the 52% that shifted us onto this track….

Cons ignore that part.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Humpty was tripped.

Obama Franks Waters LLC

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

There is no time. It’s over.

True_King on March 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Correct, the damage is too far down the road to even try and attempt to fix the mess we’re in. I don’t need a poll to convince me otherwise.

I’m reading a great book about the “new deal”…..a real eye opener, history is repeating itself, only worse this time. We’re screwed.

New Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDR’s Economic Legacy Has Damaged America

Knucklehead on March 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

fogw on March 31, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I’m sure the lapdog media will find a way to spin it where they claim Germany and France suddenly don’t know what they’re talking about when 5 years ago when they thumbed their nose at Bush they were geniuses.

gsherin on March 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Cons ignore that part.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:43 PM

The end of Bush’s 8 years in office came in January of 2009, after the country had elected Obama.

So tinkerbell, you’re saying only 8% thought we were headed in the right direction, as they shivered at the prospect of having Teleprompter Barry in charge.

Sounds right to me.

Patience and persistence.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Democrat: 36%
Republican: 25%
Independent: 33%

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM

It seems to me that when Bush was president it was taken as a matter of fact that if the majority of the population did not feel we were going in the right direction then he had failed.

For most of his time in office the numbers were much like this and then fell after the Democrats took office.

In fact in March 2001 Bush’s numbers were almost exactly where Obama’s are now, in spite of the President Select crap from morons like getalife here.

As for new style Democrat, I think people are simply reacting to the fact that Obama is not some guy who has been around in national politics for decades. As for who started what and all that, well needless to say Obama has been in office for only a couple of months so he will not be held responsible for stuff people think started awhile ago.

But…

That will change. The Democrats and their allies in the media have done a bang up job of destroying long term memory in this country. For instance, the average liberal is oblivious to the fact that most of the intel Bush used was actually put together by the previous administration. They forgot all about the Clinton subprime loans that got going in the 90′s. They forgot a lot of things, history began when they said it did.

So now people have come to think of things that way. So if the economy gets worse or does not get better. If all the printing of money creates inflation, then Obama will be held responsible. No matter when it all started.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM

BTW we really should getalife. Maybe it will go away.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I meant to say ignore getalife. I am in such a hurry to ignore it that I forgot to even say ignore.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

90% thought the country was headed on the wrong direction.

You will have to overcome numbers like that to ever win again.

Those are whig party numbers.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Wait until they digest that NO ONE is watching how the TARP money is being spent. But what the heck, it’s just one more “promise” under the bus.

GarandFan on March 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM

90% thought the country was headed on the wrong direction.

You will have to overcome numbers like that to ever win again.

Those are whig party numbers.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

If you overpolled the GOP Bambi’d be in the 20s….

keep on hopin’ dope.

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 10:05 PM

fogw:

That is a good response, but I don’t think our little troll is smart enough to understand that the American people overwhelmingly thought the United States was headed in the wrong direction even after they had elected Barack Obama president and had the Democrats had control of the Congress. And the majority of the American people still do not think we are headed in the right direction.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Huh. Now I understand the dislike. Might as well be a talking points generator writing those posts.

Slublog on March 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

GarandF:

You are assuming that the average Obama supporter even knows what TARP is.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM

You are assuming that the average Obama supporter even knows what TARP is.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM

“It’s a TRAP!” -Ackbar

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Thanks for correcting yourself.

You forgot to mention this little tidbit from the polling data compiled by Washington Post/ABC News …..

“This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone Mar. 26-29, 2009, among a random national sample of 1,000 adults including landline and cell phone-only respondents.”

HaHa. A random sample from a poll conducted by two liberal news organizations with their lips permanently attached to Obama’s butt.

Copying and pasting from the WaPo in an effort to win an argument.

Weak tinkerbell, really weak.

fogw on March 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Besides at the end of the year right track was 27.8%, which is nothing to brag about but it is about 20 points higher than some people seem to think it was.

Needless to say the larger issue is that the majority of Americans are not heaving a huge sigh of relief and saying. Damn that was close, but everything is looking ok fine now.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Slublog:

It has been suggested that our getalife is a program, not a person at all. Seriously.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Actually, I don’t think it’s quite as terrible as you make it out to be. It isn’t good, but look at the numbers. In two months, 23% still thought strongly in Obama’s economic policies – that’s the hardcores, who won’t ever turn on Obama. But “Fairly confident” dropped seven points, and “not very” grew by one, while “not at all” grew by SIX.

It’s going to take some time, but people are slowly awakening to the fact that Barry’s policies are a sh!t sandwich that we’ve all been made to take a big bite out of. And the taste is finally dawning on the tongues of some.

Vyce on March 31, 2009 at 10:25 PM

It’s been on the wrong track since 1913.

popularpeoplesfront on March 31, 2009 at 10:25 PM

This poll shows the President’s approval rating is still high but some are skeptical of the cost to save the economy.

Yes, it is high but to let it fail and surrender to a depression was an option that both Presidents decided against.

Do you know the total cost if they let it fail like cons wanted?

Cons ignore the cost of another depression and the millions of lives effected.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Cons ignore the cost of another depression and the millions of lives effected.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

keep on hopin’…the sample of the poll and the pushpoll nature of the “questions” means this was donk fans engaging in self-fellation….

comes with their “flexibility” on the War on Terror and ethics…

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Making progress.

Patience and persistence.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

The new slogan from Axeldouche and ‘Roidbo, expect to see it often.

thomasaur on March 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

The new slogan from Axeldouche and ‘Roidbo, expect to see it often.

thomasaur on March 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

like their plan it is a retread…FDR campaigned on the “slow and steady” lie in the ’30s….

sven10077 on March 31, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Yeah, I can see that, based on his last post.

Slublog on March 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

This all shows that most of the country is brain dead.

vulcannomad on March 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM

getalife:

Obama’s poll numbers are average for a president who just won an election a few weeks ago, not high.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Cons ignore the cost of another depression and the millions of lives effected.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

For the educated and the non-automatons, that w/b “affected”.

Entelechy on April 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

90% thought the country was headed on the wrong direction.

You will have to overcome numbers like that to ever win again.

Those are whig party numbers.

American politics swing on a pendulum, back and forth, back and forth. Don’t be fooled by your own rhetoric and talking points into believing that your party won on ideals and the strength of your positions or that this will represent some lasting persistent change in American politics.

Then again… keep believing that.. it’s better that way isn’t it?

ManInBlack on April 1, 2009 at 2:38 AM

As the saying goes: “You can’t fix stupid”. sigh

FuriousAmerican on April 1, 2009 at 5:01 AM

The ‘wrong track’ question is meaningless, it lumps together so many disparate views that it provides no guidance for decision makers or voters. Is it on the wrong track because it’s not socialist enough or not free enterprise enough? If you lump those two groups of ‘wrong trackers’ together what do you get for any sensible policies?

eaglewingz08 on April 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM

15% unemployment and 15% inflation and the numbers will start to move…not until then…sorry to say

winston on April 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM

eaglewingz08 on April 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM

which is why Bush’s approval ratings sucked…

I disapproved of many of his actions….doesn’t mean I wanted Jean Francois Keri-Heinz or AlGore….

sven10077 on April 1, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Cons ignore the cost of another depression and the millions of lives effected.

getalife on March 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Right, because miring ourselves in trillions and trillions of dollars of new debt so that we can finance a bunch of idiotic and counter-productive government give-away programs is not going to adversely affect any of us.

You really are a moron.

AZCoyote on April 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

getalife has an astounding grasp of the obvious: When Republicans act like statists they get trounced in the polls and in the elections.

Hate to break it to you but about 2/3 of America are conservative – limited government, limited spending.

DavidM on April 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM

People are feeling frightened and powerless. They just want something to work and are not ready to go revolutionary yet. I, too, am afraid for the future of this country but I don’t feel totally powerless. I just don’t know quite how to exert what little power I believe I have. I want to do more than vote, write letters, make phone calls and send money. I still care that the action I take is legal and righteous. But how much longer before I, and many others, only care about the righteous, and legal be damned. I look to my daughter’s future and I see pain and suffering for her and it’s my fault. I didn’t do enough, soon enough. There just has to be more. I am not a sheep and I will not submit.

SKYFOX on April 1, 2009 at 9:46 AM

lol
Sorry Allah, your magical thinking is showing.

strangelet on April 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM

There is a reason Fox News is now not only number 1, but has more viewers than #2 and #3 combined. They actually report everything and let us decide. Liberals hate them because the truth hurts.

All those idiots that just chanted his name but didn’t have the time to take their iPods out of their ears while they read People at their coffee house will start to pay more attention as their coffee house closes and their parents money dries up because they were laid off.

People will wake up. But while it only takes the average person 7 minutes to fall asleep, it takes 20 minutes to fully wake up. The question is, will they wake up to the knock of a brown shirt asking them to signal support for Obama, or before the lists of dissidents is begun?

PastorJon on April 1, 2009 at 1:03 PM

BHO was still angry about AIG giving their execs big bonuses, but lawyers changed the bonuses into earmarks, & BHO is happy now.

jgapinoy on April 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM