Open thread: Polls close in NY-20; Update: Murphy by 65 votes? Update: Thousands of absentees

posted at 9:28 pm on March 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

The boss is spot on: If we lose, it means nothing, and if we win, it means everything. This is Gillibrand’s district, which used to be solid red until she stole a victory there a few years ago by pretending to be a Blue Dog. The question is whether bailout/stimulus fatigue will drive it back into our column or whether The One — who finally endorsed the Democrat a few days ago — can keep it blue. More background here from MKH, noting that Murphy is now a slight favorite to win after trailing early on by 16 points. Jim Tedisco, the Republican, tried to make up the difference yesterday by campaigning through the night. It feels like Groundhog Day at this point. Will the GOP see its shadow or we will have six more years of political winter?

I don’t want to get people too excited, but if Tedisco pulls this out we might just be in for a humpbot cameo.

Update: Live results here. With 206 of 610 precincts reporting, Tedisco leads by four.

Update: Dave Weigel snarks, “Jim Tedisco’s ability to blow a 20-point lead proves that the GOP is back, baby.”

Update: With 505 of 610 precincts reporting, it’s Tedisco by … less than one percent.

Update: With all 610 precincts reporting, it’s Murphy 77,344, Tedisco 77,279. Are there 66 absentee ballots out there for the GOP? Should only take us a few weeks and, perhaps, a long court battle to find out!

Needless to say, there shall be no humpbot tonight.

Chocolate Bunny Kill

Update: There won’t be a winner for a long, long time.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Murphy had 77,344 votes to Tedisco’s 77,279. Somewhere between 6,000 and 10,000 military and absentee ballots remain uncounted, according to the Associated Press, and overseas absentee ballots will continue be accepted until April 13. In short, no winner will be declared any time soon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

I

I have no idea what a “400yard Sub-Minute of Arc” is but it sounds pretty damn cool.

On that note, good night to you all. It was fun.

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Sure, she tried to hide it with a blue dress
capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Speaking of blue dresses, care for a cigar?

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

DeathToMediaHacks:

That is a load of crap. It really is. Buffet is rich, Soros is rich, Oprah is rich. There are millions of rich Democrats out there living like royalty doing this power to the people crap while they promise folks if they vote for them..they get free stuff.

it is just class warfare nonsense.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I’ve a Masters in picking up cigarette butts, polishing brass, knocking down Jim at the VFW, and 400yard Sub-Minute of Arc. What’s the point?

The election process is corrupted. Period. Until we all have the brains to recognize an ‘X’ on the right side or the left side of the page we are doomed as a society. Lefty one or Righty one.

Limerick on March 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Not all of us were fortunate enough to serve in the Military Limerick, some of us had to settle for getting an education.

doriangrey on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

On that note, good night to you all. It was fun.

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I bet you don’t. Neither do any of the rest of you Huffington fools.

Limerick on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I thought that was Hillary. Or did she confront an entire squad of enemy artillery-snipers who fired their flaming mortar pistols in her direction? These thrilling war stories never get old.

Bishop on March 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I remember the time when Hillary landed on the moon to defeat the Morglors and King Farlocks army of moon people. Or, or the time Hillary defeated the Nazis by ripping out a huge fart between her cellulite-laden cheeks. Or… Or the time when Hillary defeated Napoleon by showing him her cankles.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Political Debate 2001-2008

Liberal: What’s the deal with the incredibly low education levels in states that voted for Bush, seems like people ignorant of domestic and world affairs voted for this guy. Great, we’re ruled by the ignorant masses.

Conservative: Sorry your elitist Ivy League educated liberal couldn’t appeal to “real America.” We don’t really think a college education is worth much a damn what with the liberal professors and “intellectuals” who think that brain smarts matters more than core family values. We’re just fine believing what we believe here in the real America.

Straw man. The majority of those with a 4 year college education or better voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004.

If the average lefty who posts on this board is any indication of the overall average lefty IQ, I’m guessing double digits is now the norm for my old crowd. Sad.

Dreadnought on April 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I have no idea capulus says. Yep.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

But yourself in the left’s shoes for a moment – not only is Utopia achievable, it isn’t really even that hard. All you have to do is get rid of those mean conservatives, get some super-smart leftists in government, and all of our problems will go away.

Now, if you really believed this was basically true, wouldn’t you be willing to lie, cheat, and steal to bring on the millennium? Certainly it is a small price to pay.

This is what we face, and our leaders are completely unable to understand it or react to it.

18-1 on March 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

What you are saying is that basically the American Left and the Iranians have the same ultimate political goal. It is their job to bring about the Millenium.

The really strange thing is self-fulfilling prophecy happens all the time. Don’t put off repentence with Obama and Alwhat’s-his-face running things.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

On that note, good night to you all. It was fun.

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Bloody shame Limerick cant show you up close and personal as they say… Oh Katy Oh Katy, say Limerick where is your Katy tonight???

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Good point – and that is why I refrain from going after the Decider’s dad. The poor guy had to wake up next to the guy from the Quaker Oats box every morning. Sure, she tried to hide it with a blue dress and pearls, but still – there was the Quaker Oats guy.

Sad.

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I would gladly spend a night with the Quaker Oats guy over Hillary. At least I would have my dingity, Capitulus. At least I would have my dignity.

Poor Vince.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

You know what? I never thought I’d ever say this, but I resent having to deploy now. God, I would love for something to happen to be able to just not go. I think if it weren’t for the people in my unit, I’d be trying as hard as I could to get out of this Stop Loss.

To think that its human trash like you back here shaping the nation now with your vindictive bigoted liberal politics it just makes me sick. To think any one of my friends or people I work with would have to put their life on the line for you is just more than I can bear. You don’t appreciate it and you don’t deserve it.

You know what though? You might as well be a Conservative sock-puppeting here, because the only thing you accomplish is with your stupid bigoted irrational insults is unifying us.

You make it so easy to hate.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I was in an E-3 (AWACS)pilot.

Danger on Mar 31,2009 at 11:42PM.

Danger:Thats pretty awesome,picket duty,see-all,know-all
on anything that moves!Thank-you for your service!:)

And welcome aboard the verbal Political Warship
the U.S.S. Hot Air!:)

canopfor on April 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

That has got to be a “funny” as otherwise it makes no sense at all.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Didn’t Hillary vote for the war? Was she upset about Dad too?

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Heh….he aint worth the dirt I’d get on my camis.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I didn’t say that there weren’t rich Democrats. I said that if your political party openly advocates policies that are pro-rich (and the GOP does that, why deny it) and then it looks like the people who RUN the financial industry are screwing the country over after 8 years of economic policies that favored them it’s not so hard to see why the party who advocated those policies would be out of power, period. I might add I seriously doubt if a Democrat were in power things would be different, Chis Dodd and Frank show us that these people are completely bought and sold by wall street many times over. But the GOP IS the party that sells itself as the pro-corporate party under the argument that these people are “producers” of wealth/jobs. Well right now they aren’t really doing that and it looks like they’ve screwed up royally despite low income taxes and low capital gains taxes (things we were told solved all economic problems). So yes those ideologies and policies and the party that favored them is out of power. It’s really not that complicated.

DeathToMediaHacks on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I am NOT defending any of the trolls here but I do have a bone to pick with some of the posters.

More and more I see posters using descriptors such as “high school dropout, community college grad, ect.”, regarding our leftist trolls, and feel a need to set the record straight.

Leftists, even the deranged ones, are more likely to be college educated. Think of the indroctrination that goes on at some of our “best” institutions.
One can be college educated, but it is not proof of superior, or even average, intellect.
One can be highly educated in a very specialised field, and still be willfully ignorant of the larger world around them.
Finally, a person’s lack of formal education doesn’t equate to lack of intelligence, or ignorance.

OneEyedJack on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

it is just class warfare nonsense.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Heh…I’d bet that most of those evil, evil “Wall Street types” also are good reliable Democrats.

ddrintn on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Ok. You get #3 to autograph something for me and I’ll get OBL to tell me how he was able to hide from the Decider for all those years? Deal??

while you are talking to Osama,get him to tell you how funny it was to have such a liberal genius like Clinton let him walk after he had not one…not two….not three…but over 8 chances to either kill him or have him handed over on a silver platter.
Bush sent over 20,000 troops over to kick Osama’s a$$ into a cave hiding like a girl while your hero Clinton spent his time kissing Osama’s a$$.

Oh no. Looks like I get Laura Bush too! Damn the vehicular manslaughter crowd!

You must be confused with the liberal lion Ted Kennedy who left a woman to drown while he called his lawyers and slept off his drunk.
The accusations about Laura are only peddled by the idiots who still think Bush blew up the levees in New Orleans and think some obscure blogger saying Palin believes dinosaurs existed 4,000 years ago as a joke is somehow taken as fact.

But keep on obsessing about Palin.
Maybe when your mother gives you your allowance, you can order that Palin blow up doll you have been drooling over for weeks.

Baxter Greene on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I just heard on the top of the news hour on talk radio,
that the vote is at 65 votes close!

canopfor on April 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Heh….he aint worth the dirt I’d get on my camis.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Maybe not tonight, but if we avoid a genuine shooting civil war here in the US it will be only by God’s mercy. And if not, well then it will be worth that dirt.

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

DeathToMediaHacks on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

You mean tax cuts? They work. As opposed to populist “soak the rich” pablum. It doesn’t.

ddrintn on April 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

OneEyedJack on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Don’t worry. Those of us who barely made it through algebra figure the doctors and lawyers have to wipe the same way we do.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Mine is a Bachelors of Fine Art in Classical Music/Piano with an emphasis in Theory.

doriangrey on March 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

For you then
, and for anyone else needing something for quiet contemplation.

(I have no idea what the images or words mean. I don’t don’t pay attention to them.)

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I missed this. Are you deploying? Where are you headed?

What is going to happen is going to happen. Either it will be good or there will be a back lash. I think back lash. What you are defending is the goodness of this country. There are still enough good people who love freedom that it is still worth it.

Even the Europeans are starting to see through this idiocy. Things can’t stay this disconnected from reality forever.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

^ By the way, it’s easy to see why rich “populist” Democrats are all for “soaking the rich”. They don’t pay friggin’ taxes anyway.

ddrintn on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Didn’t Hillary vote for the war? Was she upset about Dad too?

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I believe so and not only that but -

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.”
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

OneEyedJack:

You are right, a college education does not make people better or even more intelligent. My father never went to college and he was the smartest man I ever knew, and one of the best too.

I think the left used to be intellectual and largely educated, however, they figured out they did not have the numbers necessary so in Huey Long fashion they used the poor.

Once upon a time being poor in this country often meant independent and self sufficient too. They might not have had much, but they took care of themselves and their families. But once people were literally paid to be poor it changed things. They became a commodity.

BTW, I had to quit college to go to work. I never finished. I work for a living and I am not rich, not even close.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

MB4:

You are the best cutter and paster there is.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Damn Wall Street and their… uh… their… their walls!

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I’m ready for Coleman/Franken part deux!

lorien1973 on April 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

That obvious, huh?

OneEyedJack on April 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

capitulus on March 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Just like when you wake up next to your mother.
Was your dad right about her or has she gotten better with age?

Baxter Greene on April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Having Franken in the Senate is going to be a hoot. He will make us fine bogeyman for us come 2010 and eventually 2012.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

That has got to be a “funny” as otherwise it makes no sense at all.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Sure it does… a win for the dems is status quo. A win for us is the beginning of a momentum shift.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

DeathToMediaHacks:

Economic policies that favored them? Oh please. Go peddle that to some naive little college student that will believe it.

I don’t recall the rich struggling when Clinton was President. And Bush took millions of poor people off the tax rolls entirely. Not to mention middle class tax cuts.

And Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were not exactly looking out for the little guy when they were lining their pockets either.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I notice he cut out before he told anyone what his education was. I am impressed with some of my other fellow commenters though. You are quite the distinguished crowd.

You know what’s good about guys like him. Their words burn it into my soul. Their hate makes it crystal clear that the gloves are off. I’ll never be cowed into pulling punches again and play at trying to be civil with them. I’ll never be fooled by people from our own party begging us to pull up the reins because it’s so important to have two strong major parties. The donks don’t think that. You hear these guys like Hack and GAL and Capitulus and you know, you know they’ll not be happy until we’re destroyed as Conservatives and there’s no such thing as a Republican, Independent or Libertarian.

When Conservatives rebound (and we will, dammit) and we’re given the chance to be bipartisan or to give them the ole one-two final punch and destroy the evil of liberalism forever, we’ll never pull a punch again. Never.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

That was really great, thanks!

Knucklehead on April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

petunia:

Well Republicans did win that one in Georgia. And this might come out in the end. 65 votes is damn near a tie.

Terrye on April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Even CNN will Onion the SOB. I admire Coleman for fighting but the dice will roll snake eyes for him. just like they were designed to do. Bring on Stuart and let’s get on with our job of watching him destroy himself.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Danger:Thats pretty awesome,picket duty,see-all,know-all
on anything that moves!Thank-you for your service!:)

And welcome aboard the verbal Political Warship
the U.S.S. Hot Air!:)

Thanks canopfor

hawkdriver,
Hang in there, I am going to Iraq for a year and know how you feel. But a lot of good people sacrificed everything to give us a chance to see this thing succeed. I’ll be damned if I let them down.

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

2-4 weeks from now. I was Stop Lossed so they’re giving me a little extra time to move out of a rental I’m in and trying to figure out where to put me in the air flow.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Hallelujah! We need to stop calling them liberals and just call ’em what they are: SOCIALIST.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

oops ingnore second block quote above

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, he will destroy others with him. It will be fun watching Harry try and keep Franken’s mouth shut.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Take heart. You don’t go for him, you go for us. There is big mojo in that. Heap big mojo.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM

For you then, and for anyone else needing something for quiet contemplation.

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Where did the trolls go?

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Baxter Greene on April 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Ted Kennedy’s MySpace revealed for the very first time. Well, maybe the second or third or fourth or fifth or sixth time.

Hi there fellow bloggers. My name is United States Senator Edward Moore Kennedy from the Great State of Massachusetts. You can call me Ted if you want. I was born on February 22, 1932, although people tell me that I look at least 20 years younger.

I graduated from Harvard in June 1956 in the top 10% of my class. I also passed my law bar on my very first try.

I am one of the most senior members of that grand and much loved and respected institution known as the U.S. Senate. All my colleagues respect me and very often come to me for my wise council and advise. I must admit though that when John and Lindsey ask me to turn around and pull my pants down so that they can kiss my ass it does get a little much, but it’s gratifying anyway!

In fact I am so powerful now that I am, in many ways the defacto President of the United States. How’s that for a boy who had to work his way through college?

I am handsome and tall with a muscular build. The ladies just can’t get enough of me. Sometimes I think it is almost a curse.

I sometimes like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies say I never have more than one drink at a time. Well sometimes one for each hand, but that’s it, never two glasses in each hand, except on special occasions like the arrival of 6PM.

I am a lot of fun after work. I am an excellent driver and sometimes I like to go on long drives and see how many bridges I can cross without getting wet. It’s a lot of fun! All the women tell me that I am just too much!

I would like to think that I am open minded, honest, polite, brave, a great swimmer, sober and trustworthy. And I appreciate the same qualities in others.

Who I’d like to meet:
…other progressive bloggers. People who like to rock out. Cool people who live close to Washington D.C. so that we can get together and talk about how my niece Caroline will become duchess senator from New York, at least after the current governor of New York meets with some kind of unfortunate accident or other. That way Kennedy’s will have 2 out of 100 senate seats and as I always figure it’s a start. I figure Patrick should be number 3 and then we can really get going from there.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

To the subjuct at hand, winning this district would be a bellwether. But the democrats have been cultivating an organization dedicated to election fraud, and they are successful and entrenched. Until we pull that weed from the victory garden, close races will continue to go to the party that will do whatever it takes to win. Think Minnesota, and the Gov race from , what was that, Washington or Oregon. Those are just two.

Then again, all may be lost after a politically infused census gerrymander takes place.

OneEyedJack on April 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

it is just class warfare nonsense.

Terrye on March 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

President Reagan: Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

President Obama: Hey! Let’s tear down Wall Street!

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Where did the trolls go?

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

They are so civic minded that the went and volunteered to help with the ballot count, at no charge.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

To bad none of them actually know how to count.

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Coming this Spring: CSI: Secretary of State Office

WashJeff on April 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Hilarious!!

You need your own blog or maybe team up with Ace of Spades/ Iowahawk.

Baxter Greene on April 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

hawkdriver,

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Same here. I’ve spend too much time in both places and lost too many friends already to entertain a personal pity party for too long.

It was so easy under President Bush. To know that he cared about us and cared about the mission. Now, what? My DGs aren’t shooting terrorists anymore. They’re shooting contingencies and non-natural tragedy enablers.

You hang tuff in Iraq too, Danger.

Team baby, team!

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Daily KOS was down for a bit. If someone hacked it I swear I would have their children.

msmveritas on April 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

If the dims win it is an even further cemented “status quo” for them, at the least, and a lost opportunity for Republicans to have another congressional seat and get “mojo” increased instead of decreased.

The two sides of an equation must equal.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

You are doing good work. I admire you and those who serve with you. I owe you, and President Bush my continued freedom. Thank you.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

…I swear I would have their children.

msmveritas on April 1,2009 at 12:28PM.

msmveritas: Ick and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

that means,they would be Republiberals!

Look on the bright side!

They would be Moderates!!(And,I`m kidding):)

canopfor on April 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

To bad none of them actually know how to count.

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

That’s the problem.

One vote for the Reps, one vote for the dims.

Two votes for the Reps, one, two votes for the dims.

Three votes for the Reps, one, two, three votes for the dims.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM

canopfor on April 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

What we have no Republican hackers?

msmveritas on April 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM

The two sides of an equation must equal.

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

But the seat was already a Dem seat. So it stays the same for them… and Obama endorsed the canidate. So there is a personal endorsement by a supposedly popular president to contend with. No even this close for Republicans should be seen as progress. But now the ACORN effect comes to play.

Our elections will probably never be fair again. The dems have done more to destory democracy than anyone from the outside could ever have done. And why? Because they think Americans are too dumb to see how superior they are. It is a sad sad thing.

But the intermountain west is still a good place to live. There will still be freedom from Democratic totalitarianism in the West.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Ummm…. was the First Lady Elected? Is she Co Commander in Chief?

Did I somehow miss that part of the Constitutiton?

Sorry… I’d rather defend a Hong Kong Hooker than Barry’s Wife…

And… interestingly enough… I did defend a Hong Kong hooker at one point…. but I have not had enough Bourbon yet to tell the whole story…

USN (Ret).

Romeo13 on April 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM

That was really great, thanks!

Knucklehead on April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

You deserve tranquility.

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM

All these vets and active duty military members around and nobody has stood up for the First Lady? Cowards.

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Coward? Come with us next month and see who’s a coward.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

msmveritas on April 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM

I heard nothing. I saw nothing. I know nothing. I was not there. I did not even get up this morning.

Oh, do you want boys or girls, Fraulein?

OberfeldwebelSchultz on April 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Oh boohoo. She’s probably swinging the bat’leths as we speak. That’s if she’s not swinging *from* them…

Fortunata on April 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

A little slow for my tastes, but thank you just the same. I prefer something more like this…

doriangrey on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

It’s wonderful that we all have the right to our own individual tastes.

At least for now.

Imagine losing that right.

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Team baby, team!

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hopefully, our conservative “family” in the blogosphere will have the same view point as yours in regards to not letting up on the radical left.

When I told my girls that I was deploying to Iraq for a year after they finished crying my youngest daughter asked me “What if they dont like you there?” I said well they dont have to like me because I will be the boss. Then she asked me if I was going to die there. I told her I was too tough for that.

Leaving family is tough but military members justify it by knowing that the country (and by extension our families) will benefit in the long run.

Their are two things that could ruin this though. One is tragedy preventing my return. And the second is the right spending all of it’s time fighting with each other while the left is enacting more and more of it’s agenda. Putting our liberty and security at risk.

I followed the big blowup over Jeff Goldsteins language post here and was discouraged by the blue on blue attacks between people who are essentially of the same viewpoint.

We need you all (my fellow conservatives) to send your heavy attacks downrange and keep discussions about minor diferrences civil PLEASE!

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Where did the trolls go?

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

They ran out of change for the trollway.

carbon_footprint on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Make no mistake; I don’t want your views censored. I think it important to air our dirtiest laundry publicly. I don’t know if you’re bigots or not. I do know that you’re pussies in your real-lives and a collective embarrassment to Republicans.

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

If you think calling the first lady a large hairy creature is the worst dirty laudry we’ve got you are sadly mistaken!

Really I don’t see what you are so worked up about. Michelle is a beautiful woman. The pictures I saw today were very nice. Her outfits were especially classy today. Don’t get me wrong I think her husband’s politics will ruin the entire world economy. And I suspect he knows it and is doing it on purpose. That may very well affect my emotional reaction to thinking someone should not insult Michelle.

However, I personally admire Barbara Bush very much and she was not only a prior first lady but the mother of another President and the mother of a Governer! She is extermely important historically. And yet people called her the Quaker Oat Man repeatedly and I said nothing. And spoke derisively about her sex life I think. All this while she is recovering from heart surgery. I don’t think it shows any particular tendency to racism to defend or not defend Michelle Obama.

You really take things far too personally.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

FeralCat on April 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Great. Now we have the Catnip bailout.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

This reference is monstourious intolerable.

Speaking on behalf of fellow members of the Animal Kingdom, for all Simian creatures everywhere, I want to issue the strongest of protests.

FeralCat on April 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Totally intolerable and completely uncalled for. Please accept my most sincerest apologies on behalf of these Philistines, FeralCat. I… I… I just don’t know what to say about this. I… I just hope David Frum isn’t perusing this thread. Sweet Jesus, please don’t let David Frum read this thread!

Shame! Shame on all of you who would dare say something nasty about Michelle, her impeccable style, and, most importantly, her *toned* arms.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Where did the trolls go?

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM
They ran out of change for the trollway.

carbon_footprint on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Now that was funny, Thanks

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Approval, sir, in my opinion, demands the attainment of perfection. And in that sense, you rather overrate the charms of your First Lady. I’faith, for one thing, she does seem monstrous big arsed for any society, even a new royal one.

PercyB on April 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

damn, it’s that day….you know…

Troll Fools Day.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM

I see this thread went to hell in a hand-basket….

HornetSting on April 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I think the First Lady, hallowed be thy name, can stand up for herself — she does keep Barry in check, you know.

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

FeralCat? I thought the word Simian referred to primates. I don’t want to look it up… but I don’t think you count sweetie. Sorry.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

We are following her husband’s orders isn’t that enough for you?

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Or is being shot at not enough to get us off the coward bench?

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 1:04 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

PercyB on April 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

This is beginning to sound like the court of Henry VIII! If Michelle drops a hankie and the great Knight Danger or Knight Hawkdriver pick it up… does that mean they are her champions in the joust?

I’m sorry but I’m reading Phillipa Gregory right now… and this is just so silly.

The word coward however is very offensive when they are defending your right to speak your mind.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Great points. My 23 year old still cried when I told her I was Stop Lossed again.

We tried to start a web site to draw in Conservatives of Republican, Independent and Libertarian background for discussions of positions and to build grass roots efforts at coalitions. We even bought the site but seemed like no one had the time.

You’re right though, whatever gains we make seem to be lost after we call for CAS on our own fighting positions. There are folks I read comments from right here on this site that shun and sometimes outright attack each other and they don’t have a dimes worth of difference in between their politics.

I have confidence we’ll get it together. I ask our Conservative friends to fight the home front too while we’re gone.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Now that was funny, Thanks

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Thank you Sir. Your job is more important than any other. You and Hawkdriver and the rest of our troops are honored by so many of us. Please don’t forget that; while most of us would live for our country, you would die for it. God bless.

carbon_footprint on April 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I see this thread went to hell in a hand-basket….

HornetSting on April 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on April 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM

The Race Card on April 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

No, idiot, they only put their lives on the line so you can spew your pseudo-intellectual garbage in a free society.

carbon_footprint on April 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Danger I appologize for the very very ungrateful leftists in this country.

I actually think Obama has been educated very poorly on the importance of the military. But so far he seems to be making okay decisions reguarding the war. All the polite talk about the killer terrorist is stupid but it is just words afterall.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Forget all those diddies the DIs sang out. Jody ain’t getting near your gal.

Seriously, thank you, and Danger, and all the rest. We’ll keep fighting just as long as you keep believing. We’ll keep believing as long as you keep fighting.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I find the chocolate bunny clip to be incredibly racist. I’m writing Eric Holder about this. He worked for Janet Reno, you know!

Punchenko on April 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

lol, I’m embarrassed to say there aren’t any Jody concerns this time. I got dumped when I was Stop Lossed.

I know you’ll keep fighting.

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Danger on April 1, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Thanks for posting this. It needs to be repeated again and again. And if anybody treats you like a party pooper for having that attitude, please remember that you’re not. You are a party builder. It takes much more thought and effort to build than it does to destroy.

As to your deployment and your family, you all will be in many people’s prayers. I wish you success and a safe and whole return.

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Well then beer, and brauts and my sister’s phone number when you get home.

Limerick on April 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM

More’s the pity. Then your Knights will serve and die for Queen Michelle of the House of the Grosshinten, and no one will defend the nation. So much for the fruits of the American revolution, and American security.

PercyB on April 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM

PercyB on April 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM

The tyrant king is ordering heads to roll.

petunia on April 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Is the page messed up to everyone else also?

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Hawkdriver, I got a funky format, too. It went back to normal when I hit the page refresh.

karenhasfreedom on April 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Is the page messed up to everyone else also?

hawkdriver on April 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM

It was for a while, but is OK now.

Loxodonta on April 1, 2009 at 1:34 AM

OK. Who broke the internets this time?

It wasn’t me!