Video: Maher salutes American troops

posted at 1:35 pm on March 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I stopped watching Bill Maher a long time ago, and it’s moments like this that remind me why he’s a waste of broadcast air time. Maher complains that we need to bring home the troops from World War II by pulling out of Germany and Japan, and gives us this pithy little “salute” to American fighting forces:

Forget about bringing the troops home from Iraq. We need to get the troops home from World War II. Can anybody tell me why, in 2009, we still have more than 50,000 troops in Germany and 30,000 in Japan? At some point, these people are going to have to learn to rape themselves. [boos] I’ll ignore that.

Recall, if you will, when Maher claimed that the 9/11 terrorists had more courage than Air Force pilots and/or Navy commanders. “We have been the cowards. Lobbing cruise missiles from two thousand miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building. Say what you want about it. Not cowardly. You’re right.” ABC cut ties with Maher after that statement, leading to his HBO show.

Will HBO keep Maher around after this despicable comment? Probably, unless enough people complain about it. HBO has less pressure in its subscription model; with no advertisers to boycott, HBO won’t have to worry about lost revenue in the traditional sense. If subscribers start lining up to cancel and cite Maher as a reason, however, that could have some impact.

I don’t watch the show anyway, as I said before, so I don’t really give a damn whether HBO gives him a platform or not. Maher crossed over to despicable years ago. Maybe it serves a good purpose to have a spotlight trained on him; we can find more examples of how the Left hates the military, rather than hearing them insist that they love the troops while trying their best to keep them from college campuses and recruiters out of their neighborhoods.

Update: Commenter 1GoodDaddy offers this information, for those wishing to communicate their displeasure with Maher:

How can I contact HBO to express my opinions about their programming?

You may contact HBO’s Consumer Affairs Department at 212-512-1208 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Eastern Time. You can also write to us using the link below.

Feel free to go at it.  I think, though, that HBO will tend to see this as an endorsement of Maher’s relevance than any threat to their business.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

this pithy little “salute” to American fighting forces

One finger on his right or left hand or both hands?

MB4 on March 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM

tool

strosfan on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Won’t watch this a$$wipe. And if he hates our military this much, he can move his a$$ to Afghanistan and live amongst the beheaders.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

he makes stewart look smart.

homesickamerican on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Since I’m not one I can’t tell for sure. Do Orthodox Liberals really just hate anything military?

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

FUBM.

canditaylor68 on March 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

The real reason that we have troops still in Japan and Germany is that, with wage determinations for civilain workers, environmental regulations, and land-use rules, it’s cheaper to quarter them overseas than in the U.S.

lonesomecharlie on March 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Brave little men spouting off from the protected confines of their liberal enclaves: Ayers, Maher, Olberman.

Go to Fort Bragg or LeJeune and say that, Maher, instead of in front of a dork audience who don’t realize you were over years ago.

Bishop on March 30, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Ed, we agree, just stop looking. I haven’t had cable in the house since the kids took notice of it over 10 years ago. If Maher’s latest opinion piece upsets anyone enough to drop HBO, and it should, just let them know why you’re pulling the plug before you do it.

As he’s shown us time and time again, Maher is a turd. Flush him.

Tamaqua on March 30, 2009 at 1:42 PM

MB4 on March 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

dirtbag

chunderroad on March 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

scumbag

myrenovations on March 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Perhaps Bill Maher will find himself on an elevator with a few marines someday.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Ummm, Leiberman is an orthodox Jew. Please go away Adolf.

peterargus on March 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM

This must be HBO’s attempt at ‘Fair & Balanced’ – they air a fantastic movie in ‘Taking Chance’ – but must feel they have to counter-point it with this idiot.

jrlingreenbay on March 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Can anyone explain to me why this dirtbag is even on the air? When has anything he has said or done been productive or even entertaining in the least? He isn’t smart, he isn’t clever, he isn’t good looking, and he doesn’t have charisma or even a nice personality. If he were a woman, he would never even have gotten a first look, let alone his own show. I can’t imagine he brings up the viewership at HBO or anywhere else he has ever worked, so why does he still have airtime?

Oh yeah, he’s a liberal beta-male with a big, rude mouth. THAT’S why. Silly me.

tcn on March 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Oops I thought you wrote, well you know. Sorry. Now I will go away.

peterargus on March 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

MB4 on March 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Now that you mention it, no you are not. Nice eye.

Patrick S on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I cancelled my HBO subscription a long time ago to protest Maher’s ramblings. Know what? Everything HBO produces is available on DVD quickly. I haven’t missed a single production, like ‘John Adams’, and I rent them from Netflix.

So, do yourselves a favor and cancel HBO now. You won’t even miss it – believe me.

savvydude on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Just another of the angry left. BM has some issues though doesn’t he?!

4shoes on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

It’s pigs like Maher that will scream like babies for troops and protection when the poop hits the fan here at home.

Keeping that in mind…I have to believe that what goes around comes around..

katy on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I could make him do a Linda Blair/Exorcist impression on his show without special effects. Bet that would drive his ratings up!

sdd on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Bill Maher’s parents met in WWII, both served. That is a tasteless joke on his part and shows what a piece of dog excrement he has become. That is not funny.

Mr. Joe on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

HBO: Cancelled. And emphatic about the reason.

I’ve been using netflix and it seems to be the better value, and will buy a ROKU to get movies on demand (friend got one and its pretty cool how it works).

OrdinaryColoradan on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I just emailed HBO expressing my disgust that they would pay this turd millions to say these anti-American, anti-military things. I will not ever be tuning in to HBO again.

Let’s complain this guy off the air. Email HBO.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

savvydude on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Fantastic production. If anyone reading this has not seen it, rent it.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Maher is a little liberal gnome with a small p….

Ok, I won’t go there but it’s always been really clear to me that men who disparage military men have a wicked case of, um, envy.

CarolynM on March 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

“Am I the only one who thinks that Maher looks like a cross between a Leprechaun and a Ferengi?

MB4 on March 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM”

I’ve always thought of him as some rat faced. How can we get him pushed off the air?

Star20 on March 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

For that mendoucheous windbag to suggest that Glenn Beck is “dangerous” the other day with that equally mendoucheous windback Keith Olbermann and then turn around and make slanders against troops his parents served with is just disgraceful.

Mr. Joe on March 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

BM is a fitting acronym for a piece of shiite.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Ah, another lib who “supports the troops”.

LibTired on March 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM

This POS!

Believe me, HBO is going to hear from me on this today!

I’ll play the audio to anyone that will listen over there.

I’ll get back to you all later.

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on March 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Let’s complain this guy off the air. Email HBO.
ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Done.
Thanks for the link.

CarolynM on March 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Maher, go **** yourself. Like you have any integrity. You are scum.

sheebe on March 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

A man who would not respect his protectors is worse than a snake.

Hinmahtooyahlatkek on March 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Well… that would be insulting to leprechauns and ferengis.

crazy_legs on March 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

What a gutless little worm. I can’t stand Maher.

jencab on March 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

52% of the American people thought electing the guy who made Billy M’s leg tingle was the right thing to do…

enemies are a more valuable marker of character than friends…

you totally choose them and how ruthless you are at nailing them shows your moral clarity….

sven10077 on March 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I have never seen or heard this man and boy am I glad I haven’t! Any person who says negative things about our wonderful military is below slug slime.
L

letget on March 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Let’s complain this guy off the air. Email HBO.
ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Done deal. Thanks, Erin.

Patrick S on March 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

If it wasn’t enough that he simply isn’t even remotely funny, he’s also a douchebag.

madne0 on March 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Obviously his poll numbers must have shot down even further…desperate attempt at getting attention.
I consider this just a childish outburst…We used to ignore our daughters outburst of anger (when denied something), she would then storm up to her room and yell, just before slamming the door “I hate you”…once she opened the door very quietly and said “Did you hear me?”…we roared with laughter.
So I treat these little media children…yes we heard you and it makes us laugh at how pathetic your attempt at attention is.

right2bright on March 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hey Assclown, one of the reasons we’re in Japan because it’s a great place to forward deploy our ships at Yokosuka, rather than send them to the Middle East from the West or East coast all the time. Germany is a great place to keep an eye on all those third world countries. The US has interests all over the world, not just in the U.S. itself.
When you forward deploy our military around the world, it serves a purpose – to get to the scene of the action quickly, and hopefully, put down uprisings ASAP, provided that the military’s hands aren’t tied by politicians.

RMCS_USN on March 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Just another of the angry left. BM has some issues though doesn’t he?!

4shoes on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Yawn… “BM” These two letters speak volumes on this character. BM doubles as both his initials and his speaking abilities. As has been pointed out above repeatedly and in the words of a cheap sign recently spotted at a yard sale

“If its yellow let it mellow”

“If its brown flush it down”

bigskinny on March 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

You want to know what you are Bill Maher? Huh? Huh? You don’t, I do, everyone does… you’re the son of a thousand fathers, all cowardly bastards like you.

Tuco on March 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

He’s now just a parody of himself. I would say it’s sad, but he brought it on himself. Whenever Bill Maher gets a little to self righteous, I just fire up the old VCR and watch “Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death,” or “Out of Time” a really bad TV pilot movie where he played a bungling cop. Watching his performance in either of those movies puts him and all his nonsense in perspective. Makes him look less intelligent too, if that’s possible.

Tommy_G on March 30, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Easier said than done Ed. I cancelled HBO when Maher went off on the Pope. I’ve got DISH, all you get is the automated crapola without a real person to hear your reason why.

I guess if you want HBO’s attention, you have to go to their website.

Knucklehead on March 30, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I watched a few episodes of this show back when it was just barely starting. It was idiot statements like this, along with his gallery of liberal clowns like Gore Vidal, Garofalo, Huffington, w/e that turned me off.

I don’t get how Breitbart insists conservatives go onto these shows.

bombos on March 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I would like for someone to explain the thinking behind the joke there. I don’t mind humor that pushes it, and I’ll forgive comics of the sin of a bad joke, but I have to understand the joke first.

What does, “they’ll have to rape themselves” mean? I’m vexed.

toliver on March 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I guess if you want HBO’s attention, you have to go to their website.

Here. Boycott HBO.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

After being a subscriber for a decade, I dumped HBO a bit over a year ago when Maher made those repulsive Catholic pedophile comments. Comcast seemed put off at the time as many other folks were dumping HBO because of Maher as well. Don’t guess it did much good.

Sugar Land on March 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

savvydude on March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I used to watch Maher when he was on ABC years ago. I thought he was funny, and I believed him at first when he asserted that he was a libertarian. But as I watched his show, I came to realize that he was lying about that and was indeed a rabid anti-liberty, left wing retard.

I recently got HBO (free for six months from my cable company when I signed with them). I saw ten minutes of his show recently and it was just unwatchable. It was neither funny nor informative. I won’t watch it again, and I won’t be subscribing to HBO when my free trial expires.

You’re right, I won’t miss it at all.

UltimateBob on March 30, 2009 at 2:00 PM

What does, “they’ll have to rape themselves” mean? I’m vexed.

toliver on March 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

The cowardly leftist perception that the troops only kill and rape.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I’m guessing enough people will dump HBO over BM that they’ll have to go to king hussein on bended knee asking for a taxpayer funded bailout. And they’ll swiftly get it.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I hope he takes a long walk off a short pier.

gsherin on March 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM

The cowardly leftist perception that the troops only kill and rape.

And he says it with a smile on his face…

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Ed — the transcript is incorrect. Those were not “boos.” The audience laughed and a couple of people groaned, but “boos?” Hardly.

D2Boston on March 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Ummm, Leiberman is an orthodox Jew. Please go away Adolf.

peterargus on March 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I believe that Watson said orthodox liberal. Are you related to Charles Johnson per chance?

semloh on March 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Nice laugh track.

JohnIII on March 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I’m back.
I just had a “talk” with the following:

How can I contact HBO to express my opinions about their programming?

I played the audio over the phone for the women that answered the phone (she hadn’t heard it yet), and told her I was canceling my HBO channel and was going to spread the word about this human garbage to everyone I know and have them do the same.

Well there’s the telephone number consevatives, any takers?

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on March 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Video: Maher salutes American troops

WHO THE HELL IS BILL MAHER????
AND WHO THE HELL CARES????

byteshredder on March 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Did you see how he stared at the camera after making the comment? He was being “edgy.” This was all scripted and manufactured just to get a response. I’m sure he has his defense already lined up. Looks like Maher is as willing to use the military for his own ends as anyone else.

The sheep in his audience didn’t know how to respond. They knew he’d just said something completely wrong but knew they are supposed to laugh at everything he says. Funny sheep.

29Victor on March 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I hate that piece of garbage. He can burn in hell.

echosyst on March 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I’ve got some friends in Special Forces that would be more than happy to adjust this guy’s attitude. Not to mention his spine and several facial bones.

Crusty on March 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Forget Maher. He’s a nonentity. The people of this country for the most part care about our troops.

It was a very heartwarming moment as I was walking through the airport in Atlanta yesterday when I heard cheers and applause break out a little bit in the distance. I had no idea what was going on, but then when I got closer I noticed it was for a bunch of troops who had just departed a flight. I then stopped and did the same.

Those men and women seemed genuinely appreciative. I imagine Atlanta is a transfer point for a lot of them coming home as I must have seen several hundred of them throughout the day (I was stuck there awhile).

It made my day.

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

What a very stupid adolescent.

LimeyGeek on March 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Bishop on March 30, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Maher is a little liberal gnome with a small p….

CarolynM on March 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Bill Ayers has only one ball
His mother cut it off when he was not very tall
Keith Olberman has two but they are very small
And Bill Maher has none at all

MB4 on March 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Well there’s the telephone number consevatives, any takers?

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on March 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I cancelled HBO after the last season of Sopranos.

MDWNJ on March 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

God forbid that U.S. troops ever have to return the salute.

Limerick on March 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Yawn… Im a lazy person and would like to suggest that from now on we all simply refer to this guy as “BM”. That way we can spend our precious time on things of substance and of more cultural importance, like flicking a sticky booger off a finger.

That should teach us for picking at it in the first place.

bigskinny on March 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I agree, he totally did this to get attention. It wasnt like he said this off the cuff, he was probably reading this from one of the cue cards.

firepilot on March 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

We need people like him to show what the left is really like.

TheSitRep on March 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

What a pathetic loser. Despicable, even by his standards.

therightwinger on March 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

This moronic anti-American shitpile would load his pants if he had to face 1% of what our troops endure overseas. May piss be upon him – scum commie coward.

Ris4victory on March 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I subscribe to HBO and once, a long time ago, watched about 3 minutes of this punk and immediately switched the channel. I have avoided that show like the plague ever since.

I sent an email to HBO in reference to the dirtballs latest drivel that he apparently thinks is funny. I am sure that HBO will ignore it, and laugh at me while I cling to my guns and religion.

kam582 on March 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Maher is a tool. Half of this, is his insipidness, and non appreciation of the military, that goes out, fights, and protects us here, while protecting our rights to free speech. Unfortunately, for him (Maher) as well.

The other half, is nothing but publicity for himself. He craves attention, and the spotlight. He’s a loser, on a losing end, and knows it. Controversy is probably something he thinks, will help boost him.

We dumped HBO a year ago. Not over Maher though. For financial reasons. But when we had it, I avoided that show, at all costs. I hated it when it was on ABC.

Perhaps Bill can get another stint at acting, via Roseanne. Like maybe a host gig to take a stroll down memory lane, to the episode where he was the photographer, of Roseanne in a negligee. ROFL!!! Thinking back on that….I’d probably be hateful too, if I had done that gig! LOL

capejasmine on March 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

That brought a tear to my eye. Those men and women- DESERVE our respect. BM needs to be taken out behind the woodshed. That’s what I think.

Fish on March 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Something happened to him when he was a little boy. He’s been pissed at the world ever since.

jewells45 on March 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I cancelled HBO after the last season of Sopranos.

MDWNJ on March 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Then just make it personal, and call to let them know what you think about their programming standards then.

I’m not going to let the vermin devour our people without a fight any longer.

Not Over.

1GooDDaDDy on March 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Ummm… How bout this one explaining why a booger is better tthan “BM”:

You can pick your nose.

And you can pick your cable channels. (HBO is a premium one)

But you can’t wipe your TV on the couch.

bigskinny on March 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Perhaps Bill Maher will find himself on an elevator with a few marines someday.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009

He would be in the safest place on earth. The marines would not soil their knuckles on him. They know many different kinds of ugly and they know what ugly isn’t worth the effort. However, just the disapproving glare of a few marines would be enough to make little Billy soil himself.

SKYFOX on March 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I think I listed to him once, and that was only because he was on at a friend’s house. I thought he was an arrogant ahole then and never have paid attention to him since. So I wish I hadn’t read this post because he doesn’t even deserve to be read about. IMHO Ignoring him will make him irrelevant. He makes these ignorant remarks because he wants people to be outraged and complain, therefore acknowledging that he has some relevance.

scalleywag on March 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Waiting for the libertarians (big L little l, who cares) to show up and say, “Maher has a point. Why are we in Japan and Germany?”

BohicaTwentyTwo on March 30, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Sly with the words, less than intelligent with common sense. I will give him an F- which would have been lower but that is as low as I can give him…

DL13 on March 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM

As long as we allow every POS to defile and mock those who defend freedom while hiding behind their 1st Amendment rights (not yours), we will have this cacaphony of excrement on our airways and in print. This guy is a pure bred coward who would be the FIRST to run and hide if his manhood and even his life were in danger. If the commies ever to win this simmering battle, he’ll be one of the first to stand up against the wall (no blindfold). Ergo, he is a man without a country. We don’t want or need him and neither do they. What a libtard.

HomeoftheBrave on March 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Maher is just trying to distract everyone from noticing what an obvious EPIC FAIL he elected POTUS.

Christien on March 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM

jewells45 on March 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Just like his Precedent,except the Precedent has the ability and inclination to make a lot of people pay.

thomasaur on March 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

A moonbat brother-in-law of mine thought he was being cute and gave me Maher’s stupid book some years ago. I tossed it in the fireplace when I got home. Maybe I’ll return the favor and give him Mark Levin’s book.

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Called in, nice polite woman started with “HBO does not condone or agree with Mr. Maher” to which I replied, “while ordinarily inclined to agree I must note that you gave him a forum after he talked his way off ABC.”

We’ll get more done by threatening to cancel than simply canceling.

sven10077 on March 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM

FUBM.

canditaylor68 on March 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Succinct and well-placed.

Western_Civ on March 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM

JammieWearingFool on March 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Fish on March 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I’ve posted this here before. One of the best TV commercials Evvvvvvvaaaaaah!

A Thank You to Our Troops

Knucklehead on March 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM

jewells45 on March 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Walter Mattheau raped Jack Klugman and he was born looking as he does…

wouldn’t you be torqued?

sven10077 on March 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Fill in the Blank:

_ I C K

Is it:

A. B

B. D

C. H

E. PR

F. B & E

madmonkphotog on March 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Ummm, Leiberman is an orthodox Jew. Please go away Adolf.

peterargus on March 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM

You’re an idiot peterargus. Buy a dictionary. Since I doubt you could read it to look up the definition of “orthodox” go ahead and just shove it up your ars.

There you have it. Free advice from a Jew.

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Heh. Yet another lesson in un-cool over reaction. Will I ever learn?

Sorry peterargus.

watson007 on March 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

What, is Maher talking about these?

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Oops I thought you wrote, well you know. Sorry. Now I will go away.

peterargus on March 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Watson, i think he realized what you said afterward.

MDWNJ on March 30, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Yawn… Complaining really doesn’t do much. Honesty however may be more effective. For example a letter that said something along the lines of:

I recently was told by some friends of mine that “BM” made some inflammatory comments on our Military. Since I do not know “BM” nor watch his show I am unsure how offensive their comments were.

I typically use my remote control to change the channel whenever HBO is not showing programming that is at least somewhat entertaining. Unfortunately this is happening more and more often. It’s a remarkable little device, the remote control. I can with very little effort change the channel to one that offers paid advertisements that can potentially sway my buying habits. Many companies use this to attract new customers and tend to pay more when there are more viewers. Maybe you should have your marketing people take a look into that.

In an effort to provide some advice on what could retain my viewership I suggest refraining from self destructive attempts at shocking your audience and sticking with things that actually work. For example, shows with explosions or naked hotties tend to get seats on the sofa. I am sure you would agree that “BM” provides neither.

Thank you for your time.

Non-loyal viewer,
Big Skinny

bigskinny on March 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

dos Maher know we have agreements with Germany and Japan and they don’t won’t us to leave?

Does he know that Rumsfeld(who he hates) floated the idea in Germany and they had a very negative reaction to it?

Another example of America turning inward, pathetic

jp on March 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Well, look what happened in the Filipines when our troops left. The Muslim terrorists have wrecked havoc there.

The same will happen if we leave Europe due to the large influx of Muslims into every European nation.

BM and the like have no idea what idiots they are.

Jvette on March 30, 2009 at 2:34 PM