Video: Glenn Beck yells at Connecticut AG for 11 minutes over AIG bonuses

posted at 7:29 pm on March 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

All kinds of e-mails streaming in about this. The question, as best as I can decipher it: Whether AIG was correct in citing Connecticut’s Wage Protection Act as a reason for why it was legally compelled to pay the bonuses. The counterargument, per the Connecticut AG: The payments were bonuses, not “wages,” and therefore weren’t compulsory. The focus of the segment: Whether Connecticut’s AG is an insult to George Washington by using his “vampire fangs” to bleed companies dry. There’s no news value to this but high drama, especially given Blumenthal’s incredibly feeble defense of his own actions. Pop the popcorn and enjoy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Their needs to be a GREAT SCRUTENIZER CZAR(i’m kidding about
the czar),

to scrutenize,the Liberals financial besmirchment,
basterdization,and Crisis debauckle!!

Why isn’t the entire Obama Regime,not under a
prosecutory *electron-microscope!

*(canopfor thinks,the sneaky Liberals could have codeing,
or very fine print,buried deep into Liberal contracts,
and an electon-microscope may be neccessary to find the
nana-sized loop-holes!)hehe (Snark)!

canopfor on March 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Allah,

You miss two things:

1) The CT AG enforces law not policy. That was the guys first argument.

2) The guy the entire 11 min could not say what law was broken. Nor did the guy seem willing to enforce contract law.

A pure pol in the wrong position.

Dr. Dog on March 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

If only Beck were an original. We’ve seen this kind of hucksterism years before. I particularly love when he goes “do you think this kind of thing makes ME popular?” Uh dude? Of COURSE you think it makes you popular, it’s why you do it. Your job is to get ratings and be popular. Honestly do people here not understand that Beck is just the latest iteration of the populist huckster? He’s playing a role.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

And your the latest iteration of an internet troll. They are a dime a dozen too. ;)

True_King on March 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Crap,that should read,nano(like millionth of),and not
nana!!Ugh!

canopfor on March 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I. Love. Glenn. Beck.

shomegirl on March 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

What I like about Beck is he doesn’t make a republican vs. democrat thing, he makes it what is right!

Except that 95% of his arguments are about promoting ideas that eventually get parroted by Republican politicians. It’s blatant sloganeering.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Blumenthal is unfortunately my state’s AG…AND THE WORST OF ALL 50 according to the Competitive Enterprise Institute!

BobAnthony on March 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM

as opposed to your use of Axel and KOS bot turf points??

sven10077 on March 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

l. Everyone else bickers about policy, but Beck speaks to those of us whose concerns are more fundamental.

Nessuno on March 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Does he? Because how does his going “Are you going to hunt me down and kill me” shtick seems to be nothing less than the question of “how many times a week do you beat your wife.” It’s not about “anyone” who questions “the man” (perhaps Beck doesn’t realize that he IS “the man”) it’s about misuse of taxpayer funds.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

as opposed to your use of Axel and KOS bot turf points??

sven10077 on March 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

At a certain point doesn’t this “argument” get old. I don’t parrot Axelrod talking points anymore than you parrot Rush talking points or RNC talking points. I really think it’s what people say when they have nothing else to say.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

For the love of Christ,leave the enter key alone.

MadisonConsevative on Mar 30,2009 at 8:46PM.

MadisonConservative: Its a real nasty habit,I’ll try!:)

canopfor on March 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

BobAnthony on March 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

How can he be worse than “Moonbeam” Brown?

Count to 10 on March 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Sometimes I feel I have heard more protests coming from Communist China over what Obama is doing than I have from Republicans!!

JellyToast on March 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Great point JT… The silence of the Republicans is very telling indeed. One thing Glenn has been telling us for quite some time now, is that Democrats and Republicans are taking us to the same place; one by jet the other by bus.

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Dude, you’re the king of nothing else to say. Every now and again, you actually articulate an idea that comes with some form of common sense. I’ll give you that, which does make you a slight bit less of an ass wipe than your bed partner getalife.

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I think the interview was right on and the AG, who sat by snickering while AIG execs were threatened with death, deserved his toasting.

Rob Taylor on March 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Geez I hope you didn’t spend alot of time coming up with that comment. Of course he plays a role. He may also happen to believe in that role. And for that matter don’t we all play a role? I imagine you do when you post here. We all, including you, hope to get people to read/listen and either agree or disagree. Otherwise you/Beck/me/etc. would sit quietly at home talking to ourselves. Beck just happens to be able to make money doing it. I’ll bet there are alot of peole who wouldn’t mind doing the same thing, but don’t have the talent and/or nerve to do it.

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Every now and then people don’t descende into dumb personal attacks on this site and have an interesting conversation…tonights not the night for that it seems. The Glenn Beck hurrah parade is on the march, leave your critical thinking skills at the door.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Deanna,

You just threw more intellectual honesty, coupled with good ol’ fashioned common sense, at that thing than it could ever digest in one sitting.

I sure enjoyed your comment though!

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I don’t begrudge Glenn Beck his success. I just think he’s a giant tool for pretending as if he’s some kind of minority on the “wrong” side of the debate when all he’s done his entire career is take on blatantly populist positions without an iota of intellectual depth or nuance. This doesn’t make him new for media hackery, he’s right up there in the usual pantheon. I’m just kind of amazed that his audience laps it up as if it were something new. Bill O’Reily basically was Glenn Beck until he got too douchey even for HIS own good (and even so he still pulls in ratings).

But one thing I’ll say about Bill O, with the exception of his cheerleading for Iraq, which every major network was guilty of, he doesn’t spew particularly dangerous toxins in the air. Even though Glenn Beck is the one who acts scared all the time, his CONSTANT fear mongering and whipping up of the crowd and specualtive craziness scares me a lot more than that. Can someone actually say there’s much difference between War of the Worlds and what Glenn Beck does every day on TV?

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Maybe this AG should read Kafka’s “Trial”. What has happened to this country?

billypaintbrush on March 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I sure enjoyed your comment though!

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Thanks. It always amazes me when people who post on the internet accuse others of being attention getters…sort of pot-kettle thingey.

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Glenn Beck isn’t doing it for ratings, he already has the ratings.

He’s doing it because its what’s right. This AG has no business trying to enforce ‘populist principle’ vs the laws he was meant to enforce.

The CT AG had no response as to what law the people that received the bonuses was breaking. Plain and simple.

And something tells me, this is just a prelude of things to come with this new administration and its cronies.

RedbonePro on March 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

In case you haven’t figured it out yet, patience with your act has worn out for most of us here. Your not an intellect, quite frankly, there’s simply nothing new to your act. We’ve seen you so many times before you actually arrived here.

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Oh and another thing…

Even though Glenn Beck Obama is the one who acts scared all the time, his CONSTANT fear mongering and whipping up of the crowd and specualtive craziness scares me a lot more than that. Can someone actually say there’s much difference between War of the Worlds and what Glenn Beck Obama and his administration does every day on TV?

Fixed.

RedbonePro on March 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Then don’t respond to my posts.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Then don’t respond to my posts.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM

There you have it folks; the Hack has given us the solution.

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

People in Beck’s line of work do go over the top sometimes with weak facts or poor perspective, but this ain’t it. This A.G. is a disgrace and the arrogance and over reaching he is happy to engage in is as un-American as it gets. Beck did exactly what’s needed: ask the simple questions and insist on answers. I can not figure out why some people for the sake of appearing reasonable cannot get on board with that. All that’s needed for evil to succeed is for people to try and look smart when angry indignation is called for. If this public law enforcement official does not get you angry then you would probably be fine with a good police beating or railroad of an innocent fellow citizen. It’s all just fun right, as long as it’s not you being ground up in some politician’s ego trip. No news value to this? Really AP? Maybe when some capitalists get hung in trees… well maybe the first one anyway. Then: “ho hum, that again.”

bagoh20 on March 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I heart Glenn Beck.

Connecticut seems to have a problem with who the elect. Dodd, this attorney general tool, giving illegal aliens ‘city id’s’. What’s next, allowing a horde of angry protesters board a bus and attack private citizens at their homes….oh wait.

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

There you have it folks; the Hack has given us the solution.

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Um…it was always an option.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

IMO O’Reilly has lost it. He’s too concerned with his own ego and I get tired of his constantly promoting his books, etc. and his constant refrain of “I’m number one.” He tries too hard to be Fair and Balanced but comes off as sort of hypocritical. He rants at Barney Frank but practically kissed Obama’s butt while claiming he asked hard quesions.

Beck isn’t scarey at all. You need to have more respect for the viewers. Sure there are some who may be a bit gullible, but, for example, my young adult kids and their friends are finally getting interested in doing something after watching Beck. They all say they know he’s over the top, but they’re used to that..remember these people love to be entertained. Up till then they pretty much stood on the sidelines, now they’re reading the Constitution and books by Levin, Goldberg, and Friedman and emailing their congressmen and planning on campaigning for people they can support. It’s what Conservatives and even the Repubs need…a kick in the butt.

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Beck makes my point which I made the day the Bonuses came out in the news… it’s a contract, it’s binding, they should be paid the bonuses. Policy and Mob Rule are not the law…

Kaptain Amerika on March 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

More civic engagement is great. I just hope they are ready for that moment when they realize that no one in either party is at all interested in changing the staus quo and they’ll be willing to support a strong push for 3rd party representation in public debates on ballots etc. Only way to really change the status quo is explode the two party system.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

As AIG was paying some of these people $1 per year, then the “bonus” payments were very likely compulsory…

phreshone on March 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

So you are saying that they weren’t even bonuses but rather commission? If this is the case are they going to hammer Servers for their tips etc etc?

- The Cat

MirCat on March 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Awesome is the only word I can find that describes that. My favorite part was when the AG says: “Thank you for letting me describe that the Conneticut wage law….Beck: “Has nothing to do with this”

Oh if only more folks grow such a spine!

boomer on March 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Jeff Beck, like Mark Levin seem over the top because they are passionate about what’s going on.

It’s what Conservatives and even the Repubs need…a kick in the butt.

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Right on!

RedbonePro on March 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Hmmm… playing a role?

Ahhhh… I can see the promo now…

“Hello, I’m Glenn Beck… you probably don’t know me all that well… I’m not a journalist…”

He sighs sitting down behind the desk on the set.

“But I play one on TV.”

Yes, that would fit just fine.

Keep passing Mr. Beck the ammo and targets, he is at the top of his game.

ajacksonian on March 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Here’s the short version of what the AG was saying: “I did it because there should be a law.”

What a maroon.

Daggett on March 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I like the fact that the conservatives are finally waking up and taking a stand. It’s good to see the tea parties and shows like Glenn Beck telling us it is okay to be angry, to stand up for our rights, and to march in the streets. It works for the left. Those loonies have been making noise, demanding their views be voiced, while we sit in our offices and work. Now, we have a chance to make some noise, to take back our country, to demand that the laws and the constitution be followed in our country. I like the fact that the left loonies are a little scared.
I say, let’s make some noise and make the left pee down their legs in fear.
I heart Glenn Beck.

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Kinda like lying Leftists and their “the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act caused the financial meltdown!” sloganeering?

Like that?

rvastar on March 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Didn’t Slick Willy teach-em well. Deny and divert.
Think it all started with “it depends on what the meaning
of is is ”

Hey all you CT peeps . . Come on down to Texas. It’s
a bit hot, has no income tax “yet” and what you can sell
your homes for there will get you a real nice place here.

I did in ’77 never went back and never will.

Texyank on March 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Maybe, but the other side to this is state and local governments. Same young adults, thanks to people like Beck, Levin, etc. have realized that their local governments very much resemble Congress. So they have decided that is something they can actually do something about. Maybe we all need to start at home(to steal a phrase)? Have a good evening, and hey, we proved we can have a civil debate.

Deanna on March 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Texyank on March 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I don’t know if you want that kind of ‘thinking’ to come to Texas. They may not survive. Look what is happening in other states when the fruitloops from Kalifornia relocate. They change the demographic, the thinking, and pretty soon you have Kalifornia politics in your state.

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

RedbonePro on March 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Dude, Jeff Beck is a guitar player.

lol

Mark1971 on March 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Beck is very effective. Every time I see a segment on him, my respect grows for him. He tore that man AG apart and the AG, presumably, went to law school. I have to say that Beck is not a fad; he is the real deal.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I’m so glad we have you to set us straight on Glenn Beck! He’s resonating with people- PERIOD. Some people can’t win no matter what they do.

alwaysright43 on March 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I used to watch O’Reilly and seeing this clip just solidifies just how much more effective Beck is than Bill. A year from now, Beck will own FoxNews.

carbon_footprint on March 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I haven’t read all the comments but I’m typing this as I’m listening to the video clip and my take is that the CT AG is simply a douchbag (can I say that in the comments?). Go go Glenn.

By the way….I haven’t been visited by HornetStings’ bad-ass cat…..YET

:-)

mctowler on March 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Dude, Jeff Beck is a guitar player.

lol

Mark1971 on March 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

LOL yeah I just caught that hahaha…

RedbonePro on March 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM

YES! YES! YES! So much better than O’Reilly.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

By the way….I haven’t been visited by HornetStings’ bad-ass cat…..YET

:-)

mctowler on March 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

My bad-ass cat’s GPS couldn’t even find your house…..she is pursuing legally, thru her attorneys. Hopefully the mailman can find your house. :)
BTW, she said that after her nightly butt cleaning, she would be more than happy to take Obama’s job. But, she wants a raise and a bad-ass scratching post in the rose garden.

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Glen Becks rocks! Love him more every day.

rollthedice on March 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Article 1 Section 10 United States Constitution
No state shall enter into any treaty,alliance, or confederation; grant letters of Marque and reprisal; coin money; emit Bills of Credit; make any thing but gold or silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder,ex post facto law or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility………..NUFF SAID

Paco on March 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

But it was a little embarrassing to see Beck get so out of control.

petunia on March 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I don’t really think he was out of control. I think he is nail-spittin’ angry at all this political B.S. all these clowns keep spewing. Must be the reason I listen to Beck on a regular basis.

jimmy2shoes on March 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

But it was a little embarrassing to see Beck get so out of control.

I’m sorry, but I’m glad he’s in the forefront and he’s letting his anger show. All of us should be this visibly angry at what libs are doing to this country. More GOP politicians should be this visibly angry, and put up as big a fight as they possibly can. Glen is fast becoming my hero in the media.

You wanna stay calm, that’s your perrogative. Staying calm accomplishes nothing.

ErinF on March 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Sometimes I feel I have heard more protests coming from One thing Glenn has been telling us for quite some time now, is that Democrats and Republicans are taking us to the same place; one by jet the other by bus.

Keemo on March 30

Reminds me of the difference between “wicca” and hard core Satanists. They’ll both take you to right to hell, it’s just that the one is a meandering country road rolling past picturesque villages nestled among pretty hills and little stone bridges while the other is a roaring super highway! The destination is the same,, one just takes the scenic route.

JellyToast on March 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I love Glenn Beck. He is such a great host and defender of the law unlike the idiot AG of Connecticut.

jencab on March 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I’ve got it now, make defacto law where none exists and ignore immigration laws like in New Haven (Yale), Connecticut’s foremost sanctuary city.

diogenes on March 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM

He actually said that the law they broke was the LAW THAT REQUIRES THEM TO SERVE THE PUBLIC INTEREST. Holy crap it is actually happening. Ahh well, Who is John Galt?

Jamewah on March 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

JellyToast on March 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Amen…

Keemo on March 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Jamewah on March 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Well, if that is the case, can we make a federal law that says we can’t have presidents with big ears and nothing but air in between? Please?

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Over the past couple of years, I recall congress accomplishing 3 major things (correct me if I am wrong):

1. A pay raise
2. Another pay raise
3. “Stimulus”

Why is it that no one is complaining, at least, about the first two?

TightAggressive on March 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

This pussy of an attorney general looks just like McFly the elder in Back to the Future. Sounds like him too.

kens on March 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Bitch.
Slapped.

Sugar Land on March 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Glenn Beck yells at Connecticut AG for 11 minutes

That’s OK, he deserved it.

Speakup on March 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Biotch.
Slapped.

Sugar Land on March 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I don’t begrudge Glenn Beck his success. I just think he’s a giant tool for pretending as if he’s some kind of minority on the “wrong” side of the debate when all he’s done his entire career is take on blatantly populist positions without an iota of intellectual depth or nuance. — DeathtoMediaHacks

Dude… you are really ignorant. I’ve listened to Beck since 2002 and he has ALWAYS been honest and straightforward with who he is and what he believes. He is NOT a tool that spits out populist positions. You can’t be a tool when you are LEADING the way with ideas, not copying them. Beck has ripped Bush as equally as anyone else he disagrees with. Instead of poking fun at the snippets you get here and there, try watching his show for a week and see what you think. Look at his words, listen to what he says. Then, if you disagree with something, back it up with substance and be specific, instead of just calling him names.

If you are such a hot sh!t, why don’t you rise about the standard liberal playbook and tell us what is wrong with Becks words, instead of bitching about his delivery?

cannonball on March 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

If you are such a hot sh!t, why don’t you rise about the standard liberal playbook and tell us what is wrong with Becks words, instead of whining about his delivery?

cannonball on March 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I’d still like to know the answer to Beck’s main question in that interview. What law did the AIG execs break? Accepting money they earned according to a contract?

Here’s the analogy I’ve been using today. If the bank gives you a home loan, can it tell you what color to paint your bathroom? No. And the bank really doesn’t care too much what you do with the money, as long as you pay it back.

I wouldn’t care if AIG decided to take $1bn to a strip club in Jamaica, as long as they repay me, the taxpayer. I mean, who am I to tell these guys how to run their business? I might THINK I know, but I have no idea how to do what they do. If they need to buy wolfsbane and arsenic and drop it into a pot to get rid of $2.6 Trillion in bad assets, hey, I’ll stir.

hawksruleva on March 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Wait – which side of the AIG issue is Beck on? Is he on the populist side? I thought the populist anger was what he was just complaining about.

Oh, that’s right – that doesn’t fit your DNC talking points.

hawksruleva on March 30, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I kinda had my doubts about Beck. But stuff like this makes me like him more and more.

GT on March 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM

No news value? Asking a public servant, who’s job it is to win convictions in court for violations of laws passed by our government, which broken laws he is spending his time trying to prosecute has no news value in you’re mind? Don’t you understand that it is the responsibility of a free press to find out and question how government officials do their jobs? This guy spent a solid week grandstanding against someone else’s bonuses and promising the populist mob to stop payment on a legal contract. This has no news value for you Allahpundit? I think you should really rethink this, either that or just spend you’re time reading Frum rants, monitoring Meghen McCain’s twitter musings and watching The View.

Dollayo on March 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM

What happened is most certainly news because we established that the Attorney General of CT is acting in a tryannical and unlawful manner.

1 – By using his Office and the office’s legal powers to engage in hostile State action against citizens who , it is not contested by anyone, have violated no law.

and in course of those actions , the AG is violating

2 – The Constitution of the United States

Article I Section 10

No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation; grant letters of marque and reprisal; coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.

No State is permitted to interfere with any party’s obligations under a contract.

He should be impeached.

VinceP1974 on March 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Because of this clip my wallet is hiding in the corner, shaking like a leaf.

Limerick on March 31, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Allah,

Jealous much?

thebronze on March 31, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Texyank on March 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Huh ! ! AIG peeps and Glen Beck would be welcome as well
as any others that want to make the move. Texas is a big tent and nothing like the leftcoast. The few that would actally make the move would be welcomed.

Texyank on March 31, 2009 at 12:26 AM

as best as I can decipher

Huh? Did you even watch the video, or could you just not wait to goof on Glenn just one more time?

long_cat on March 31, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Jeff Beck plays a mean guitar, but my man-crush is reserved for Glenn Beck.

ornery_independent on March 31, 2009 at 1:43 AM

If I understood that AG, he seemed to be saying that there was no law that compelled AIG to pay the bonuses, therfore he, the AG, could go after them and take them away.

i.e. he is a moron.

pappy on March 31, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I thought Matthew Modine did a plausible job of pretending to be a lawyer. Without all the inconvenient questions I feel he would have pulled it off.

Meanwhile, Beck deserves a lot of heat for not allowing his guests to change the subject and prevaricate ad nauseum.

I guess you have to go to a pretty good law school to squeeze out that much supercilious drivel off the top of your head. Bravo, cheesy lawyer-man.

maladapted on March 31, 2009 at 2:26 AM

…especially given Blumenthal’s incredibly feeble defense of his own actions.

Really? Lets look… is this guy a moron or what?

“Because they are undeserving of it.”

Ok, so it is now the job of the Government to take all money away from any “undeserving” people they meet.

Man I’m glad I’m not undeserving (yet) and they’re not coming for me (yet).

gekkobear on March 31, 2009 at 3:04 AM

This is the Central Scrutinizer. That was Richard’s first confrontation with The Beck.
Naturally, we were easy on him. One of our friendly counselors gave him a donut and told him to stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

UndertheBridge on March 31, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Only way to really change the status quo is explode the two party system.

DeathToMediaHacks on March 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

That’s not going to happen; America has always been a 2-party country and no 3rd party ever succeeds in coming forward.

As for the “status quo,” what we’re seeing now under the Ogabe Administration isn’t the status quo nor should it be.
One of the weakest premises Beck pushes is that both parties are equally “bad.”
This is not correct.
Republicans are not and will never be as corrupt and venal as today’s Democrats.
Our ideas and our values are better and are politicians are infinitely more effective at the helms of government and power than Democrats.
Beck tries to ride the populist wave a little too much with this schtick but it gets him ratings because he appears to be “non-partisan.”

Jenfidel on March 31, 2009 at 5:01 AM

This Blowmenthal guy is undeserving of having his job.

the_nile on March 31, 2009 at 5:03 AM

blumenthal is an @ssclown

gatorboy on March 31, 2009 at 7:32 AM

HornetSting on March 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Now you know why I am P****D at living in The People’s Republic of CT-Stan!

BobAnthony on March 31, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Go Beck!

Too bad we dont have anyone in the media who asks tough questions of these idiots who continue to subvert the Constitution.

becki51758 on March 31, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Y’all have to understand where this Beck guy is coming from. He believes a bunch of gold pages sent by God were found on a hill in Illinois by some hallucinating treasure hunter. He wears long johns in the shower to protect himself from the Devil. He came to the miraculous conclusion that blacks were good enough to have some status in his church in 1978.

THIS is the guy you listen to for hard news and interviews of elected officials???

Blueneck on March 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Here I was wondering when the anti-mormon trolls would come out and Blueneck pops his ugly head. What the hell does where Beck goes to church have to do with this interview? And you fundie Christians allowed morons like Blueneck credence by not denouncing this block headed bigotry in the primaries! You know who I’m talking about. This is why I don’t donate to the Republican party anymore- my fellow republicans are A-OK with bigots as long as they target Mormons.

drballard on March 31, 2009 at 10:54 AM

So just remember that next time- when a Mormon (or anyone else whose who differ with theologically, like a gasp!Muslim) runs for office. All you who are now singing Beck’s praises, will you crush the bigotry like Hewitt did, or stand by silently like Dobson did, or egg it on like the dopes that routinely show up here? Think about that a moment while Obama tells you how much you can earn. think about that when wondering “Who in the 2008 primaries understood the value of the free market? Gee, was it that Mormon guy?” Did you evaluate the candidates on the damn issues or where they went to church?

drballard on March 31, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Sweet, empty calories. Mmmm…tasty

DFCtomm on March 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Glenn.Beck.Is.GREAT!

I’m anxious to see who he invites next!

Oink on March 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Dr Ballard:

You are right. I am soo ashamed of James Dobson’s stance on Mormons! My beliefs are much more in line with Focus on the Family, to wit and to quote:

“It is not necessary to beat the child into submission; a little bit of pain goes a long way for a young child. However, the spanking should be of sufficient magnitude to cause the child to cry genuinely.” LOL!

Blueneck on March 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Blueneck on March 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Why are you here? I can’t believe you were thrown out of HuffPo or Daily Kos.

Ah, the trolls REALLY come out of the woodwork for Palin, Glenn Beck, and others who the DEMS deem TRULY threatening to their lefty cabal.

Oink on March 31, 2009 at 11:27 AM