Poll: Obamateurism of the Week

posted at 9:13 am on March 29, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’ve been having my fun all week long, and now it’s your turn. On Sundays, rather than publish a new Obamateurism of the Day, we’ll take polls to discover which Obamateurism Hot Air readers liked best, or in this case, maybe found most embarrassing. I’ve even added the media to the poll:

Enjoy! I’ll announce the winner on tomorrow’s Ed Morrissey Show with Kevin McCullough at 3 pm ET!

Comments

Wow. With so many great choices, how can we expect to pick just one?

csdeven on March 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM

The YouTube codes will update in a few minutes; sorry about the glitch.

Ed Morrissey on March 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM

It was a hard choice.
The Money faux pas was the one that hurts us the most so…
But the Model T stuff was pure dumbassery.
Glad to see a lot of votes for that.

Tony Soprano on March 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM

The Model T gaffe was the best one for me. This really shows what a dummy this President is, as well as his staff members.

They’re all good, as the only place you will find any publication of these gaffes are in the blogosphere; the MSM will not print anything that goes against their investment.

Keemo on March 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I say, include this admin’s entire vetting process for cabinet positions.

Coming soon to federal court appointments.

locomotivebreath1901 on March 29, 2009 at 9:31 AM

The Model T goof-up

Nelsen on March 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Obama on AIG:

I like to know what I’m talking about before I speak

Code for:

I like to know how everyone else feels first in order to determine the most politically expedient White House reaction

CarolynM on March 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM

lol…

Obama is never going to be as good as the ‘authoritarian’ President for this sort of thing.

lexhamfox on March 29, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Careful Ed, he might send his goons over. Badmouthing our dear messiah could cause another cartoon riot.

Tony737 on March 29, 2009 at 9:51 AM

we might as well laugh….

kelley in virginia on March 29, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Gotta go with the Italian president/prime minister thing. Not knowing who his real counterpart in another country is? Good grief.

flipflop on March 29, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I say, include this admin’s entire vetting process for cabinet positions.

Coming soon to federal court appointments.

locomotivebreath1901 on March 29, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Probably THE reason the big 0 is “vetting” muslimes for the so-called black house jobs.

calguyintexas on March 29, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I had to go with the Model T.

backwoods conservative on March 29, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Ed Henry’s direct question about AIG bonuses….you can tell when O’s not pleased by what’s being asked–he greets the question with a little contemptuous smile and full glare. Keep it up, Ed.

RepubChica on March 29, 2009 at 10:02 AM

While the Model T comment was an obviously mega foot in mouth moment… I voted for the money chasing quote. All he has been doing from my pov is throwing money on the ground… Some might even turn out to be doing good things in the end, but the lack of focus makes it mostly all good money gone bad.

RalphyBoy on March 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM

The AIG feigned outrage days later does not only show obama’s incompetence but it shows his deliberate intention to deceive the American people. It should be #1. IMO

abinitioadinfinitum on March 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM

My My, it’s only a weeks worth of gaffes?

What is to come of the rest of 2009,10,11,12….

aaaggghhhh…

katy on March 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM

GORDON BROWN’S carefully laid plans for a G20 deal on worldwide tax cuts have been scuppered by an eve-of-summit ambush by European leaders.

The assault by European Union leaders also represents a defeat for President Barack Obama, who is desperate for other big economies to copy his $800 billion stimulus plan.

Jonathan Oliver and Bojan Pancevski

Obama and Gordon’s Socialist propaganda line (espoused in The Times) is that they are “cutting taxes” by spending more than they already have in their coffers.

Double-speak Zenith.

maverick muse on March 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

going to be tough …

tarpon on March 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

BTW Ed, Love the poll idea!!!!! And the vids w/ each one. Nice!

katy on March 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Wow…really hard choices here.

If Bush did or said any of these things it would have been the lead article of the New York Times, Time and Newsweek.

The real ‘gold mine of misspeak’ would be if we could get a secret recording of Obama and Biden just talking together.

Uniblogger on March 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I had to go with the Model T. It’s priceless.

Averaging about 5 of these per week, there will be well over 1,000 gaffes by the time he leaves. Ed, I see a book in your future. It will be a great way to look back and laugh. We are going to need some chuckles while repairing the damage.

sherry on March 29, 2009 at 10:18 AM

This poll is unfair, there’s no way for the left to express themselves. LOL

abinitioadinfinitum on March 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I went with the model T too.

becki51758 on March 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM

They were all bad, but the Model-T comment was typical Obama sheer idiocy and arrogance, trying to work his radical agenda into a factoid that people can repeat, inaccurate as it is. You have to give him credit for getting the year right, though. If it was a Biden gaffe, he would have said 1809.

tommuck on March 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I liked the AIG gaffe. Model T was my second choice.

jeanie on March 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Since I flew P-3C OAR-ee-ons in the Navy, I thought this was OH-ba-MAs biggest gaffe. :)

MD11Fr8Dog on March 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM

The AIG was the more important gaff, but the Model T one may be the funniest.

In short, I voted for the Model T before I voted against it.

DrAllecon on March 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Well I might have tomorrows Obamateur spot. I caught the press reveiling Obama’s warning to them (even if joking) about not giving him bad press.

William Amos on March 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM

C’mon Ed! Every time this rank amateur draws a breath he’s but a heartbeat from dong something even a jaded Second Grader would know is a Bad Thing.

SeniorD on March 29, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Wow these are all weak. Can you throw some Bushisms in the poll? Those are all quite a bit funnier than saying “in the face of challenges we face”.

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Check your calender Bush isnt president anymore. Cant stand the heat get out of the White House.

William Amos on March 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

William Amos on March 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Mhm. Attempting to make a daily gaffe feature when there simply aren’t that many funny gaffes by Obama simply makes you guys look like fools. You end up with “In the face of challenges we face” making it on there. Weak stuff. You might want to fill in the empty spaces with Busisms. Cause there are plenty of those.

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

The Model T gaffe is illuminating. He is going to change energy industry? It is a sure bet that he sees a little light bulb lit up by someone pedaling a bicycle and wow we could use that. He hasn’t seen huge motors in steel mills and overhead cranes lifting 200 tons. What are people going to do trade in their gas models on electric at the same time? There will be one big solar panel over the whole country and rich people will pay to have a panel rolled back so they can show their kids what the sun looks like.

Herb on March 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I’m sure the Model T had more air in it’s tires. What a mechanical mind Barack has. GOD HELP US!

apco on March 29, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Busisms……..crr6

What is Busisms?

Herb on March 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I don’t remember Bush saying that there were 57 states in the US or he constantly mispronounced key states and Canadian provinces. Bush never used a teleprompter for simple introductions either.

People like crr6 make me me laugh — you know full well it would have been front page news if Bush said or did these things, because it would confirm your superimposed narrative that Bush was evil, stupid, and pathetic. Now that your guy is in, and he’s making daily gaffes, along with his hapless VP, you are defending them. You’re a typically dishonest liberal who hates it when the limitations of your own candidate are displayed for the world to see.

Richard Romano on March 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM

The model T takes it.

That statement was profoundly stupid on so many levels that it simply cannot be ignored.

A “Busism” is what happens when you are no longer politically convenient to His Messiahship. “Oops I did it again! I played with your heart, got stuck in the game. Oh Bussy Bussy…”

BKennedy on March 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM

This poll is unfair, there’s no way for the left to express themselves. LOL

abinitioadinfinitum on March 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Good point. In the interests of fairness, you should add the same voting option at the end of the poll each week to give the left something to vote for.

Maybe, “Leave Obama alone! Bush was so much worse!” Or the perennial favorite, “It was Bush’s fault!” For the graphic, a video of a crybaby.

After all, you wouldn’t want to be accused of not being fair.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on March 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I like the format of the poll with the media included. Nice touch.

watson007 on March 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on March 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Just put “Ron Paul” up there it wins every time.

William Amos on March 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Keemo on March 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I had to go the the Model-T too. I just love those Dem “the science is in” moments. I’ve got to visit that Dem alternate universe where all their crap is true.

Laura in Maryland on March 29, 2009 at 12:37 PM

What is Busisms?

Herb on March 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Busisms are remarks that put Obama supporters under the bus. You know, stuff like “chickenses coming home to roost.”

Laura in Maryland on March 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM

The Alzheimer’s fairy tale seems to be the BEST VALUE for my money!Watched the first half of it and it was gaffetastic.
3or4 in the first minute.
So many gaffes,so little time….Oh sorry,don’t want to ruin the science./sarc

Neal4007 on March 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Wow, getalife’s pet cat showed up. Just curious-what’s a “Busism”? Is that a gaffe about O’bama’s bus?

If there aren’t that many funny gaffes by O’bama, why are there so many sites full of them?

Del Dolemonte on March 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Model T … brought back fond memories of 10,000 tornado deaths and 57 (isslamic?) states.

ex-Democrat on March 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Great Del Dolemonte!

And that’s without all the youtube gaffes.

Search youtube.com on “obama gaffes” and your LCD explodes.

ROFL!

Oust President Affirmative Action!

ex-Democrat on March 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Can’t choose.

Laughing way too hard…

Bob's Kid on March 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Didn’t know you could type with an IQ in the minus zone.

N4646W on March 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I used to buy Bushism booklets for my friends on the left and on the right. Also, I’m schadenfreudig every time yours commits a gaffe. Can you see yourself?

Entelechy on March 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on March 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM
William Amos on March 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Both great ideas.

abinitioadinfinitum on March 29, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM

60 days, 64 mistakes

abinitioadinfinitum on March 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Oh, shut up. The Obamateurisms are things that make make me laugh when I want to scream, cry, throw a brick through my tv. I need the levity. The policies and constitution rape are heavy stuff. I check these posts when I need a breather. “Busisms” were petty as well. But they weren’t meant in a petty way. Have I ever snorted at a “Great Moments in Presidential Speeches” blip on late night tv? Yes I have. But when these “Busisms” were played over and over ad nauseum on the evening news it got old. Why hasn’t Letterman continued the “Great Moments” series to include THIS administration? Someone’s got to do it! Thanks Ed!

FinallyRight on March 29, 2009 at 2:35 PM

crr6 I guess the banana peels were especially good and potent today. I bet you get drunk on dihydrogen monoxide also.

chemman on March 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I chose the Orion one, just because it exposes Obama as an empty suit who reads what’s in front of him without thinking. The Model T one is a close second, but I’m more inclined to let that one go since he’s not a car guy, nor does he likely know anything about cars and received a dumb-but-reasonable-sounding-to-a-moron talking point from an ignoramus.

JohnTant on March 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I voted for the “OAR-ee-on” example of The Precedent’s lack of familiarity with American English, but it was a tough choice. I thought each and every choice was a classic, demonstrating the stupidity and insanity of the idiot messiah.

My only quibble is that these are not the marks of an amateur, but of a moron. I know that you like the “Obamateurism” word, but these are really “Obamoronisms”. Even an amateur would do far better than the idiot messiah. What we have with The Precedent, and his administration, are not amateurs (far from it, as they are all professional whores) but naked incompetence and stupidity that boggles the mind.

progressoverpeace on March 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Listening to him was torture. I have to say that his confusion over embryonic stem cells is the worst because of the profound long term implications of his confused pandering.

davo on March 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

“I like to know which way the wind is blowin’ afore I speak”

betcha do, grasshopper.

bloviator on March 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

1. Nobody said the Obama gaffes are funny. Some are downright tragic, and some show an astounding ignorance and/or lack of competence.

2. Bush sometimes spoke colorfully, but he knew history, knew what was happening around him, and didn’t need a teleprompter to tell him what he thinks.

Easy to tell you’re a liberal troll: you can’t face reality and none of you have a sense of humor.

landlines on March 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM

It is hard to pick just one.

free on March 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

At least you got the first part of your statement right. They aren’t really funny — they are downright frightening and the imbecility they exhibit coming from the leader of the free world (at least until he gives that away) is more tragic than funny. However, it’s so bad, that all one can do is laugh at it.

Unlike your moronic Bushisms that pretty much were only mocking a speaking style — these Obama gaffes are going to have real, no-kidding bad consequences.

AZfederalist on March 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM

These statements have been randomly generated. Please pick which one is George W. Bush and which is Barack Obama:

“We must not allow Iran to have nuclear (sounds: nukular) weapons.”

“Iran is a tiny country that poses no threat.”

Good luck.

BKennedy on March 29, 2009 at 6:06 PM

AND post the results here [I hope].

DannoJyd on March 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM

crr6 on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

You have something brown stuck between your teeth.

csdeven on March 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Its (Orion) ORyan all the way baby!!!

canopfor on March 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Can we not just consolidate all the options into a photo of Obama with his mouth open? That’s gotta get 100% of the vote.

Sharke on March 29, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Ed, you missed this one:

“I actually think the science around climate change is real. It is potentially devastating. … If you look at the flooding that’s going on right now in North Dakota, and you say to yourself, ‘If you see an increase of 2 degrees, what does that do, in terms of the situation there,’ that indicates the degree to which we have to take this seriously.”

See here:

The guy hasn’t a clue.

MrLynn on March 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM

The ignorance displayed by the comment about the model-T is telling as Obama fires GM CEO!

JeffVader on March 30, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Richard Romano on March 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Exactly! But you forgot this: They’d be talking about it for years AND using comedy quotes (e.g. Tina Fey) as actual sources for newspaper articles. :P

fireweednectar on March 30, 2009 at 7:18 AM

The one I was looking for was not a nominee. I was hoping to see his mandatory 2 year public service program. Anyone correlate why the program is 2 years and why it is mandatory?

It takes 2 years of steady constant contact with an individual to fully brainwash them so they will not veer from the message being tattooed into a persons conscientious.

MSGTAS on March 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM

None of this is Obama’s fault. Its we, the American people who are at fault by not supplying clear and concise polling data. Because we have failed to transition back to a government driven by polls, we are bound to be disappointed by the decisions as they are announced.

The cure? Obviously what is needed is for the current administration to stop polling internally and um, you know, listen to the people.

dkeppner on March 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM