Video: Code Pink teaching the children … to regurgitate slogans

posted at 5:25 pm on March 25, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Well, Barney Frank did tell Code Pink to “grow up” yesterday, so it should come as no surprise that they’re using an eight-year-old for sloganeering. Conservatives don’t mind using a fresh-faced youngster for political argument, either, so we can’t act completely aghast at the concept, but at least we tend to wait until the kids become teenagers and use those few short years when they know everything. In this case, though, we get the creepy father exploiting his daughter’s trust by leading her shamelessly to regurgitate anti-war propaganda, including one nasty crack about men and women in uniform:

Dad: Well, let me ask you this. Some people think we should send a lot of soldiers there [to Afghanistan]. Do you think that would help them [the people of Afghanistan]?

Daughter: N – O.

Dad: Why would, uh, why would sending soldiers to them not help?

Daughter: Because, if you think about it, our last president, who made a big mess. I feel so bad for Obama cleaning up that mess. You know, he made a big mess, and so he has this, like, charm. So when he sends troops, he tells the people, “Oh, they’re going to go get food for them,” and all that. But they’re actually going to go and kill them.

Dad: Kill them?

Daughter: Yeah.

Dad: Jiminy Cricket, that’s terrible. So you think that’s what soldiers do?

Daughter: Um, think about it! Soldiers have very big guns, marching like this. Oh, you think they go to Army School just so they can go there? No. They go there to kill people.

Not only did Dad not think to correct his daughter by explaining that men and women volunteer for service to protect our nation and (in the case of Afghanistan) protect the Afghan from radicals who want to reimpose a brutal dictatorship on them, Dad thought this was so cute that he needed to share it with the world. It’s up on Code Pink Action’s YouTube channel, part of an effort to get us to surrender in Afghanistan after they failed to push the US into surrendering in Iraq.

After their disruptive behavior yesterday in Congress, I think we can safely assume that the little girl in this video probably has better manners than most of the people in the CP organization. She certainly has more brains than her meathead father, which she’ll discover when she hits 13. The only difference between her and other teenagers will be that she’ll actually be right.

Update: Tip of the hat to Emily in the comments for transcribing what I had trouble hearing in the video. I’ve updated the transcript.

Comments

So what exactly will it take to make these people go away?

0% defense budget I gather.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

OT: Is Obama Too Big to Fail?

faraway on March 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Outstanding!

Ya know,i seen this somewhere before,

oh ya,Hamas children brainwashing video’s!!

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Hippies are not born, they’re made.

ignorantapathy on March 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Why are there multiple televisions in that hippie house?

myrenovations on March 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I thought this was a Code Pink video. Where did they find a child with a father?

mchristian on March 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Didn’t the Taliban also destroy some historical statues of Buddha?

They killed women, children, puppies brutally too.

Dad is teaching Cricket to grow up to be a moron…isn’t that child abuse?

originalpechanga on March 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

We are seeing the formative years of the future democratic senators from New York, and Vermont.

portlandon on March 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Daddy: Do you think we should send the police to stop the gangs next door from killing our neighbors?

Daughter: NO, the police have guns and they want to kill people.

Daddy: Good girl. Now send Obama a nice note.

faraway on March 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

So…America…this is how the liberals indoctrinate young kids, yet constantly try to proclaim they are the tolerant ones, that the Right is the place to find intolerance and indoctrination?

When the little girl grows up…something her parents have avoided, it appears, I certainly hope she forces them to pay and pay dearly for their parental indoctrination.

coldwarrior on March 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I live near an airport that F-16′s and other military aircraft use for touch-and-goes. When one of those planes goes roaring off into the wild blue yonder my kids will say, “That’s the sound of freedom, Mommy!”

KelliD on March 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

At least we wait until they turn 13 before we pimp them in the media.

barkolounger on March 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

How nice for a father to use his daughter like this. What a moron.

becki51758 on March 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

So what exactly will it take these people to go away?

Dr.ZhivBlago on Mar 25,2009 at 5:29PM.

Dr.ZhivBlago:

For the El Code Pink Picko’s,when every,

mortar,rifle,artillery piece,becomes a flower vase,
and a US Militay Aircraft Carrier’s become diving
platforms,

and war is outlawed,

even then,these Liberal wacko’s still won’t be happy!!!!

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

What a shame. This kid will be in therapy or jail by the time she’s 20.

sherry on March 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

This is off topic but Glenn Beck was playing with a dead fish on his show just now. Seriously.

SoulGlo on March 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Disgusting.

CP on March 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I think that, at least part of what she says that is listed as (inaudible) is:
“I feel so bad for obama, cleaning up that mess”

UnnamedSource on March 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

The nice people who go there unarmed end up on videos with thier heads being cut off.

sonofdy on March 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I never pay attention. I thought “Code Pink” was a gay thing…then I heard or read that Blarney Fwank told them to shut their a$$holes up. Now I’m totally confused.

JoeySlippers on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I’ve got one word for this:

DE-SPIC-ABLE

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

BTW,’The Children’,

isn’t this the Liberal

definition,of Child Abuse!

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

SoulGlo on March 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

LOL! Was it a segment on Rahm Emanuel?

CP on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Bet if Al Queda was knocking at daddy’s door he would be crying for one of those soldiers he is propagandizing his daughter about. Poor kid.

ihasurnominashun on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Well, I do catechize my kids…

it’s their religion. Let them do it. The problem is when it informs policy to an unhealthy degree. I sure wish they would stop acting like they are so objective. It’s obvious they are training their kids in their form of “righteousness.”

Mommypundit on March 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Dad is wants known as a ‘liberal ass-wipe’.

GarandFan on March 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Future Moonbat baby’s!

The protective services needs to visit
El Code Pinko,

this is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

What a shame. This kid will be in therapy or jail by the time she’s 20.

sherry on March 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Make that 12, and add that she will have a substance use problem.

thomasaur on March 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Good of you to note. It’s always silly when this kind of thing happens, and the younger they are the worse it is.

tneloms on March 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Anyone catch the Palestine reference? Oy.

TheQuestion on March 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Well daddio has That One’s eeraan and Puck-ee-staan down pat.

Caper29 on March 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

If we look at it through the lens of freedom, then what this parent is doing is teaching their “values” (IMO, lack of values). It is despicable and against my sense of what is right, but if parents have the right to teach their children good values, I suppose they have the right to teach their children bad values.

carbon_footprint on March 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Did US send soldiers to stop Hitler , how did that turn out?

Those who forget about history .. uh .. twitter?

the_nile on March 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

My boy’s pretty screwed up too…he either wants to be on the Blackhawks, White Sox or in the Marines.

LtE126 on March 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Notice the girl answered “near Palestine” when trying to figure out where Afghanistan is…that she mentioned Palestine tells me that they have already been brain-washed byt their parents to believe the lefty meme that Hamas et al are just “freedom fighters” and not terrorists like the USA is!

Yet another generation of lefty pacifist moonbats in the making…SICKENING!

While it may be too late to teach these kids the truth instead of the left-tard propaganda they are being brainwashed with my hope is that mommy and daddy will at least have the decency to teach these girls the importance of bathing and use of deodorant, after all, it’s bad enough we’re getting two future hippies can we at least get a couple of clean ones that don’t stink!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Obama uses a Stealth teleprompter… pass it on!

TOTUS Rules!

profitsbeard on March 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

LtE126 on March 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

No Cubs? C’mon!!!!!

sherry on March 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM

May Obama bless you and keep you.
May Obama make His face to shine upon you,
and give you peace.

You may now begin singing the seven-fold “Amen”.

oldleprechaun on March 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Sadly, people don’t have enough common sense to leave their kids out of politics.

SnarkVader on March 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Obama uses a Stealth teleprompter…pass it on!

TOTUS Rules!

profitsbeard on Mar 25,2009 at 5:49PM.

profitsbeard:

Please tell me Hopey didn’t get an eye implant
mini-Teleprompter installed!!!!!!!!!!!ahem,hehe:)

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Works so well with college kids, probably works five times better with toddlers.

SuperCool on March 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Anyone catch the Palestine reference? Oy.

TheQuestion on March 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Yes I did, I commented on it above. Did you also hear the Middle-Eastern music in the background? They were probably toking on their hoocah (sp) and I’m sure they weren’t using tobacco!

You know it’s very telling what the left-tards are all about when the guy interviewing the girl keeps asking leading questions. I realize she’s young but he absolutely was leading her to answer in a certain way…and they say Tokyo Rose was a propaganda villian, she’s got nothing on the Code-Pukes!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Complete with the Footprint of the American Chicken tapestry.

thomasaur on March 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Well… at least she has learned one lesson correctly; some grown people lie. Anything more at this point is asking a bit much…

elgeneralisimo on March 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

OMG…..Barry has about a million of those fellas working for him. Run, chilrens! Run!

Limerick on March 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

SnarkVader on March 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Your parents need a stern talking-to.

A Balrog of Morgoth on March 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

JoeySlippers on March 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Oh man, that comment was some funny azzed shiite for sure….LMFAO!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM

“No Cubs? C’mon!!!!!

sherry on March 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM”

Sherry, He’s a boy. Not some north side kid that’s gonna wind up on Halsted.

LtE126 on March 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

LtE126 on March 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you are trying to say here.

sherry on March 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Child abuse.

What ever happened to those kids that were named _______ Hitler Jones, or something? Did social services stick their noses into their life? I’m sure the libtards will be up in arms once they hear about the brainwashing of these poor children. I’ll be looking for this story on the news…………anyone seen it there yet?..did I miss it?..is there “More at 10″?

Itchee Dryback on March 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I suppose they have the right to teach their children bad values.

carbon_footprint on March 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

No they don’t.

Those kids are not “theirs”..they are not a piece of property. The blank slate of a child mind is a great gift and the parents are responsible for not destroying it by infecting them with their hateful bias. Teaching the skills of reasoning and how to think, not what to think should be the goal.

These people are vile imo.

Itchee Dryback on March 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM

2+2=5 if Code Pink says so

dglenn on March 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Join the Army.
Travel the world.
Meet interesting people.
And kill them.

malclave on March 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Dad: Jiminy Cricket, that’s terrible. So you think that’s what soldiers do?

Do not interpret the following as a defense of this jerk off dad or Code Pink, but I have to say that I’m damned glad that our servicemen are good at killing the enemy. The idea that our military is supposed to be just some sort of glorified social service organization or infrastructure-builders or policemen is one of the reasons the public has grown so twitchy about casualty figures, on both sides — to the detriment of the work our military is sent to do.

Y-not on March 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Just for the record, on the transcript where you have [inaudible] for what the girl says, it’s: “I feel so bad for Obama cleaning up that mess.”

Emily M. on March 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM

OT: Is Obama Too Big to Fail?

faraway on March 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

No but his ego and ears are.

Laura in Maryland on March 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM

OT: Is Obama Too Big to Fail?

faraway on March 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Maybe yes, maybe no… but he’s certainly just the right size to flail.

Y-not on March 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM

What I find disgusting about this is, their freedom to exploit these kids and put this kind of garbage on the internet is essentially worth my husbands life.

milwife88 on March 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Good news: I live in a Big Ten college town and today anti war protesters were scheduled to march through campus. They’ve been on hiatus since the Dear Reader won the election but it sounds like they’re getting ginned up again.

With a little luck, the left will not sit quietly in corner. For that matter, with a little luck maybe healthcare and carbon cap and trade can be shelved as well and this Robespierrian character will have to fight a rear guard action against the the Jacobins within his own mob.

moxie_neanderthal on March 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

We had them last week in our college town (east of L.A.). What’s got them riled up lately?

Y-not on March 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Dad’s gonna put the cam down now, Honey, and go take a few more tokes on the bong.

whitetop on March 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM

milwife88 on March 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I hear ya, lefty pacifists (read morons) have always had the delusion they are the brave warriors for peace and don’t give a second thought to the fact their tactis, rhetoric, and propaganda hurts our war effort and thus prolongs wars resulting in more casulties for our brave men and women in uniform.

These ingrates don’t and will never understand that freedom isn’t free and therefore good men and women are asked to do harm against evil in order to preserve our freedom. I have yet to see their anti-war efforts ever achieve anything but more distrust, more divisiveness, and more death, and if the lefty trolls that frequent HA think that last comment about death was out of line well then they should go and talk to anyone that survived the killing fields after the US got out of Vietnam due to the pressure from the 60′s anti-war movement, I’m sure they’ll tell you what they think of the 60′s anti-war movement and just how much they hate Hanoi Jane and the rest of her ilk!

Liberty or Death on March 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Now go to your room.

lasertex on March 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM

When she grows up, unlike her parents, she will hate them for treating her as a moron.

lasertex on March 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

[inaudible] = “I feel so bad for Obama cleaning up that mess.”

SlimyBill on March 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Ooops you got it Emily.

SlimyBill on March 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Good comment at YouTube:

If only this little girl knew how girls her age were living under the Taliban.

SlimyBill on March 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM

It’s these parents who are going to be the absolute most freaked out about the mandatory volunteer requirement coming down from the White House on High (he he). Oh the irony! Let’s imagine what these girls are going to be required to do for their Dear Leader….I hope it requires a uniform, that will blow dad’s mind to the tune of upping the standing order to his supplier.

caygeon on March 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I’ll admit, we’re immersing our children in our own political views – but I’m not about to post a video of my daughter spouting off conservative talking points on YouTube (she’s young enough that the ideas are not quite her own yet). I’m very proud that she loves her country and the military, but I’m loathe to put her in a position to be used as propaganda by anybody.

This is sad. I served and my husband serves so that this child’s father can teach his daughter this nonsense (and I suppose, post it on YouTube via Code Pink) – but it doesn’t mean I’m going to like it.

Anna on March 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Lord almighty, these people are sick.

Rollie on March 25, 2009 at 8:18 PM

These girls along with Sasha and Mahlia should go talk with the Taliban and have this homo film it and see how it turns out….

RealDemocrat on March 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Y-not on March 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Having debated members of this particular organization several times I can say that in the main, they favor an immediate withdrawl from both Iraq and Afghanistan. But the issue at hand doesn’t really matter, it merely provides the means of protesting the US policy on (fill in the blank). Protesting the war is just the latest soup du jour.

A number of the faculty take an active role in developing “the talent” and channeling their energies. For example, a former student leftist who sucessfully spearheaded the effort to have my town become a sister city with a Nicaraguan Sandanista city is now the county prosecutor.

I debated the guy on a nuber of occasions and the transformation over a couple of years was impressive. Within a couple of years he lost the overtly militant slogan t-shirts, knit beret and about a foot of hair. Before long he adopted a well groomed mainstream look and toned down the rhetoric but not the message.

This is why people like Bill Ayers are so dangerous.They are able to actively work to undermine our society by simply channeling whatever discontent may exist at the time and have you pay for it through tax dollars. For every 20 rubes they can infect and have march through campus, 1 will be a little sharper than the rest and go mainstream and work from within the system to bring it down. It is the difference between Code pink and a Steven Chu.

moxie_neanderthal on March 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Brain washing our children.

Did you notice she was brainwashed befor these questions?

This started almost 30 years ago. Understand how and why Obama was elected? Unedrstand why the socialists are so confident of a successful takeover and destruction of the constitution?

allrsn on March 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I pray God puts one of His saints in the path of this man and little girl to share the Truth with them. No arguments, no reason will change their minds and hearts because their epistemological presuppositions won’t allow it.
“So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1:7
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44

Send_Me on March 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM

mchristian on March 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

The Winner.

warbaby on March 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Ah. So this is who the left gets their talking points and ideas. I’ll bet Olberman or Mathews could use her as a guest host for their shows.

Daniel-o-Hawaii on March 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Hey! To think, in 10 years, this little girl will be at the airport spitting on my friends that are coming back home from a job that they didn’t want to have to do to find their wives in bed with another man.

That’s enough motivation to make me want to reenlist!

I’ll bet Olberman or Mathews could use her as a guest host for their shows.

At least Chris Hansen won’t have to leave the studio for his next Dateline segment when Matthews starts making comments about a tingle running up his leg.

leetpriest on March 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM

My only consolation is that if the enemy ever wins, “God Forbid,” Assholes like this poor kids father will be the first one to have their stupid liberal head sliced off because they will be most hated by the likes of al Queda, Hamas, and any of our other enemies.
Idiots

oped01 on March 26, 2009 at 1:14 AM

LtE126 on March 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Alas, mine too. She had to be able to field strip the AR15 in less than a minute if she wanted to shoot it.

(And had to help clean it after we shot)

hawkdriver on March 26, 2009 at 1:22 AM

oped01 on March 26, 2009 at 1:14 AM

In the most oppressive Muslim countries, the cowards who want to live under Sharia Law are allowed to exist. His little girls will just have to decide whether the fantasy of what their father told them about their military is as oppressive as having to wear a Burka.

hawkdriver on March 26, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Should it concern us more that this father teaches this at home..or that’s reinforced by teachers when his daughters go to public schools? Also, is it just em or is the setting these girls live in a bit creepy?

MichiganMatt on March 26, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Cricket has an excuse for being an idiot – she’s actually 8 years old. What’s Dad’s excuse?

mojo on March 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Yet that family gets there kid taken away for naming him Adolf Hitler? This is abuse, what those parents did was just stupid.

Rbastid on March 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Daddy: Great job! Now go roll me a joint while I pluck the lice out of Mommy’s armpit hair and after that we’ll all go to the Post Office and pick up Daddy’s welfare check.

Bubba Redneck on March 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Poetic Justice: She’ll enlist in the Air Force, train as an ICBM launch officer, marry a marine who will become Commandant of the Corp and have kids who will all go either to West Point, the Air Force Academy or Annapolis.
Dad, on the other hand, will be showering with eight other men once a month for the rest of his life in a prison in Ecuador after being detained at the airport with cocaine strapped to his body.

Something to pray for…..Ask and ye shall receive……..

Bubba Redneck on March 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM

So what’s the angle here? We should be letting 8-year old girls run the State Department? Is that it?

Seixon on March 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM