Red, red meat: Mark Levin on statism and Limbaugh as conservative leader

posted at 6:19 pm on March 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler and Townhall, a crowd-pleasing palate cleanser to mark the release of his new book, which the boss pronounces must-reading. Hopefully success won’t mellow him: I don’t get a chance to listen to his show often but he’s much more subdued here than what I’m used to. Exit question: Imagine this lineup. Beck at 7, O’Reilly at 8, Hannity at 9 … and Levin at 10? They could move Greta’s Sarah Palin/Natalee Holloway hour of power to 11 and push the O’R/Hannity reruns back an hour. You’d watch, admit it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

If I was making a movie about The Book of Acts, I’d cast Levin as Saul of Tarsus…

…and I think you all know that would be awesome.

ScottMcC on March 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Lol. Ya, that would be pretty awesome…

bluelightbrigade on March 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Levin’s too snarky for me. Maybe I’ll read a free copy at the library.

Mark30339 on March 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Levin’s too snarky for me. Maybe I’ll read a free copy at the library.

Mark30339 on March 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

What a load of crap! Please, pardon him for being passionate and engaged. You must be a fan of people like David Frum. Just go away. We don’t need a bunch of pacifists on our team anymore.

Levinite on March 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I love Levin, definitely going to buy the book.

Ingenue on March 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Terrye, you are SO RIGHT ON!!! I am sick of the sniping among conservatives/Republican’s. I’m sick of the sniping between the moderate Rep. and the pro-life Rep., if we don’t stand together on this, WE ARE DOOMED.. Just like the sniping on Michael Steele.. WE MUS STAND BEHIND THIS MAN….

reshas1 on March 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

If we stand together behind people like McCain or Rudy or Huckabee we won’t be much better off than with Obama or Clinton – it’ll just be a choice between left and leftier, especially with the congress controlled by the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, and their big-brother Republican counterparts. Picture the California legislature – where the Republicans are not only outnumbered by socialists, they can’t even stand by their own principles and promises to oppose any new taxes. If the Republicans act like Democrats, who needs them? Who cares?

This party NEEDS a fight – a revolution to weed out the sell-outs and fakers. If it doesn’t happen, the Republican party will become completely irrelevant.

peski on March 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

It’s great to see a talking head that clearly believes what he says, and knows what he is talking about.

It will be interesting to see what the republicans do this next cycle. They need a Newt Gingrich type person to organize like the “Contract with America” styled around Mark Levin conservatism.

To me, conservatism is grounded in common sense and a realistic understanding of human nature. If given the chance, thinking people will relate. Unfortunately, the mindless hoards of numbskulls in the American electorate are growing in size everysday, and the numbers will ultimately drown out the quality citizens of this country. They will be replaced by the helpless intellectually handicapt that will depend on Government for life itself.

Look around, you can see it happening already.

saiga on March 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Mark Levin is one of the sharpest and wittiest political/legal minds out there.

mcg0125 on March 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I ordered the book yesterday on Amazon and I’m so stoked to read it; can’t wait.

redfoxbluestate on March 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM

The Great One! Mark Levin’s show is not just a conservative talk show, it’s an education on conservatism. I highly recommend anyone to download his nightly broadcast.

long_cat on March 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Inga Barks is the hottie who subs for Mark on the radio.

BlameAmericaLast on March 30, 2009 at 7:01 AM