Comedy gold: Maxine Waters grills Geithner on the secret Goldman Sachs cabal or something

posted at 7:03 pm on March 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Business Insider, celebrating the economic acuity of a politician who’s always good for a comic soundbite. Consider this a lesson in what happens when lawmakers get their news from HuffPo: She’s trying to ask Geithner whether Goldman Sachs alumni at Treasury are favoring the company, but in Waters-speak it turns into a jumbled series of questions about where, among others, Geithner’s “CEO” used to work. (I think she means Neel Kashkari.) Anyway, just watch his facial expressions. Our nation is in good hands, my friends.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Maxine Waters gets on a roll and she wont quite. She loves hearing herself say anything whether it makes sense or not. We had better not reelect her in 2010. She needs to go back to community development.

MSGTAS on March 25, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Meet Ted Hayes: homeless advocate, vehement anti-illegal-immigration activist, and Rastafarian Republican. Candidate for Congress opposing incumbent Maxine Waters.

Hayes received 13% of the vote to Maxine’s 84% but got 10 times the number of votes per campaign dollar spent as Maxine did. Coincidentally, he appears to be 10 times as intelligent as she is, also.

He probably will run again as there appears to be no one else ready or willing to attempt to oppose the Waters Juggernaut in that district from the Republican side.

Edouard on March 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I voted
for him.

baldilocks on March 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Why do so many Blacks dislike the Joos?

jgapinoy on March 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM

The same reason many others do: covetousness.

baldilocks on March 25, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Oh this is priceless,watching Geithners facial expressions
doing mental gymnastics,

especially just before Maxine asks him another question,
he looks as if,

what idiot question will she ask next!haha

canopfor on March 25, 2009 at 1:24 AM

JohnGalt23 on March 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Yeah, JPMorgan is also in the mix at the top of the food chain controlling the game (see below), but Goldman’s connections to govt decision-makers and the Fed, going way back to the Clinton Administration when this all started, are the biggest conflict of interest. Maxine Waters may come up with her confused questions after hearing from Jew-hating blacks or whatever, but asking those questions intelligently is the only way we can extricate America from the grip of the Fed and GS/JPM insider dealers, be they Jewish, white, black or Asian.

This is from a year ago, and it’s far worse now with AIG and the new plan:

Looting the Vaults of the Central Banks

econavenger on March 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM

But you are right about Elvis – he’s being kept alive in a secret military medical facility – right next to the alien he captured in his swimming pool.

darkpixel on March 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Ixnay onway ethay Elvisway & alienway ingthay.

There are no ecretsay ilitarymay edicalmay acilityfays.

Ewarebay. Ethay omputerscay avehay onitorsmay.

soundingboard on March 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I am ashamed to be from this country after watching these idiot democrats! My God, people, America is in trouble. How in the hell did all these libs get into power?
God, please help us!

apco on March 25, 2009 at 1:35 AM

What language is this woman speaking?

d1carter on March 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I believe it’s this dialect.

(is that gonna get me in trouble?…sigh)

soundingboard on March 25, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Uh-oh.

Why is there a blue highlighted link that leads nowhere?

Well, it actually leads to this:The address is not valid

Ooohhh boy.

soundingboard on March 25, 2009 at 2:40 AM

I believe it’s this dialect.

(is that gonna get me in trouble?…sigh)

soundingboard on March 25, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Naw, she’s speaking Jive alright.

- The Cat

P.S. If I had a band I’d name it “Rastafarian Republican”

MirCat on March 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

this is the woman who excused/encouraged the LA Riots in 1993. Why she is still a member of congress baffles me.

Black Adam on March 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Hey Maxine…is ACORN going to rent more busses and hire people to hassle AIG execs in Connecticut? Aren’t you a proponent of Service International?

nelsonknows on March 25, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Dang, need to get more popcorn…ran out.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 25, 2009 at 6:19 AM

So… Who’s on first, again?

Makes Geithner look… well.. competent.

Reaps on March 25, 2009 at 7:00 AM

An ACORN is just a seed.
If we let Obamugabe plant it and water it, it will suck all the nutrients out of the country and we will die on the vine.

TheSitRep on March 25, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Where again is this woman’s district and what kind of ignorant people make up her constituancy? I suspect welfare class flunkies are involved.

saiga on March 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Geez…. if I’m ever in legal trouble, I want Maxine Waters to represent me. She’d talk so much sh!t that everyone in the courtroom would just become totally confused. And I’d walk free while everyone was left sitting there scratching their heads trying to fugure out what she just said.

Or, maybe I could just put a dress and some makeup and reading glasses on a chimpanzee and call it my lawyer. It would be pretty much the same.

UltimateBob on March 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM

i would love to see her explanation of derivatives

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on March 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Damnit! Now you’ve made me feel sorry for Geithner!

blish on March 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Maxine Waters is not only ignorant, she is stupid. She was elected based upon one qualification – her skin color. She is incapable of making a point. She is incapable of anything other than stream-of-consciousness questioning.

She is utterly without merit – save the color of her skin.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM