Special Olympian bowler to Obama: Let’s do this

posted at 4:15 pm on March 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

TMZ’s trumping up a silly challenge but it’s a good excuse to watch the video below, which couldn’t be sweeter. My favorite take on l’affaire Leno is Dave Weigel saying, “Obama should clarify: he meant to say that Special Olympians were doing an awesome job, and that Geithner is retarded.” Which is either (a) very funny or (b) horrifying, depending on how your personal politically calculated faux-outrage meter is calibrated. Also funny/horrifying: Treacher’s list of one-liners Barack the Insult Comic didn’t get around to last night. The one about She-Hulk had me hysterical — with righteous indignation. Exit question: One of Jeff Goldstein’s points in his debate with Patterico over Rush Limbaugh is that it’s a grave mistake for conservatives to play by the left’s rhetorical rules. Isn’t that what we’re doing by beating up on The One for a very mildly politically incorrect joke, though? Click the image to watch.

Comments

It doesn’t have anything to do with “political correctness.” It has to do with good upbringing, something Obama clearly lacks. In the privacy of my home or when amongst very good friends, I’ve been known to crack an off- color joke or three, including “retard” jokes. But I would never, ever in a national forum like the Tonight Show resort to such humor for cheap laughs at the expense of someone else. Obama doesn’t think that normal rules of decorum should apply to him. He deserves every bit of grief we can cause him over this.

Dukeboy01 on March 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM

These comments are arrows in a quiver. The entire country knows Obama stepped in it last night. The public gets the hypocrisy and will get more of it over the next 4 years. Keep the arrows in the quiver, then use them to make your case in the next general election. Obama is his own worst enemy, he will sink himself, if we only let him.

Angry Dumbo on March 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I think this comment with his history and abortion tells us a lot about what he thinks about the mentally and physically challenged.

Jamson64 on March 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Only in the world of the psychologically damaged limousine liberal can you make so many gaffes in intelligence and outright insults and never figure out that it has a cumulative effect over time. These asswipes are never held accountable for their sins against humanity.

csdeven on March 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Hundred bucks on the Special Olympian.

The one who bowls, not the one in the White House.

SuperCool on March 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Obama REALLY stepped into industrial sized crap last night. But his speech about Special Olympics…CODE FOR I WANT TO KILL DISABLED CHILDREN AND BABIES!

And he also insulted bowlers. Last year my job had a little bowling event held at a lane in Norwalk, CT (Rip Van Winkle). You know, stepping inside the building reminded me of when I bowled for rec/fun at Greenwich Lanes back in the day before some dope decided to shut it down! I never had more a great time in my life bowling.

We played three games on teams of five. In game 2, I BOWLED THREE STRIKES IN A ROW IN THE 10TH FRAME AND IN THE FIRST FRAME OF THE FOLLOWING GAME–ANOTHER 60 FEET TO SUCCESS. One might say I had as ESPN’s Rob Stone, who calls bowling with Randy Peterson, might say–HAMBONE! That is ESPN’s newest catchphrase for 4 strikes in a row. Yahtzee is 5 in a row (I prefer Bingo) and “Crack open a six-pack” for six in a row. But let me say this to Stone and Peterson…

I knew Chris Schinkel and Bo Burton Jr. by watching them every Saturday on ABC…they became friends of mine through the TV…YOU TWO ARE NOT SCHINKEL AND BURTON.

And as for Obama…I do not recognize you AT ALL AS PRESIDENT…MUCH LESS A HUMAN BEING!

BobAnthony on March 20, 2009 at 7:14 PM

No. It most definitely is NOT what we’re doing. I read Goldstein’s post on HotAir and it was excellent.

But what he was saying isn’t applicable to this situation.

What we’re talking about here isn’t political correctness. We are talking about simple human decency. I was brought up not to pick on disabled people-physically or verbally. Instead, I was brought up to respect them-because they have more to deal with than me.

It just goes without saying. Or it should, anyway.

I suspect the same could be said of the vast majority of people here, which is why these good people were offended. But it goes further than that.

It offends their sense of what used to be called “fair play”, or to use a more dramatic term, chivalry.

As a man of the Right, Fair Play is one of MY rules, rhetorical and otherwise. So when we criticze Obama for his idiotic remark last night-we are playing by the Right’s rules, not some lefty PC nonsense. And that’s as it should be.

And has become increasingly obvious, Fair Play is not one of Mr. Obama’s rules. Too bad for him. And for us.

Dreadnought on March 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM

ROFLMAO!! OMG you people are insane.

Poptech on March 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM

CODE FOR I WANT TO KILL DISABLED CHILDREN AND BABIES

Only the ones that manage to survive a late term abortion.

Let’s be fair to the man now shall we?

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I would rather we as a nation were more collectively upset about Obama’s comments comparing AIG brokers to suicide bombers, but there is only so much outrage to go around in one day.

What’s frightening is that Obama has been piling these things up so quickly that sooner or later they will collectively reach a tipping point, and the results will not be pretty.

I can’t believe how bad this guy is at what everyone said he was so gifted, and it makes me wonder how bad he is at the things that we already knew he was not gifted.

Hoo boy.

Tman on March 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM

ROFLMAO!! OMG you people are insane.

Poptech on March 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Yeah, it’s not like he called babies “punishment” or voted to let them die alone shivering in a utility closet with dirty mops and bloody towels.

chunderroad on March 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Iowahawk posts Barry’s letters to concerned Special Olympic parents.

I wounder if Allah will chastise Iowahawk too?

Mr. Joe on March 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

The best thing Obama could do now is to accept the challenge and lose gracefully … odds anyone ?

gh on March 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

LOL This guy would kick the Magic One’s butt.

Old Hippie Vet on March 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I propose letting this guy run the country and let Obama learn to bowl over the next four years. Obama may break into the thirties and prevent his insulting the rest of humanity: Insulted Russia? Check. China? Check. Pakistan? Check. The handicapped? Check. Nancy Reagan? Check. And finally insulted OUR INTELLIGENCE? CHECK……and mate.

Speaking of special olympians, wasn’t Geightner immortalized on South Park?

TIMMAH. RRRRR TIMMAH. Striking resemblance, no?

If this was not so maddening, I’d be laughing my arse off.

PS: Why did Obama not blame the teleprompter?

dthorny on March 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Does anyone have a link to the video that doesn’t take you to a site that tries to trap you in a redirect loop and hijack your browser settings?

Jackasses. Gonna put ’em in my hosts file.

Saw a pic and blurb elsewhere, Kolan sounds awesome.

Merovign on March 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Politically calculated faux-outrage? Some may say that is why one writes a blog and earns money from it.

RobCon on March 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Laura Ingraham made a “mildly politically incorrect joke” about Meghan McCain being “plus-sized” but AllahPundit was all over her about it, and fat people are simply fat because they eat too much. Yet when the Messiah makes a vicious joke about disabled persons, who were born this way, AllahPundit suddenly wants everyone to “lay off.” Double standards for liberals and conservatives?

Gabe on March 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM

You know making a joke about “plus-size” is no where near as bad as someone making a statement that “fat people are fat because they eat too much”. It is that particular statement that is so very offensive.

People can eat very little and be overweight. There are other reasons, including matters pertaining to health that can cause a person to not be as active. On top of that there is the implication of medication such as the steroids that are necessary to help treat some illnesses.

On top of that it is offensive to make that form of statement because it is making a value judgment about the overweight person.

Such comments are as equally as offensive as the one that was made by the POTUS also known as OBummer

maggieo on March 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM

pictured above, Joe the Bowler.

mad scientist on March 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM

What a wonderful and inspirational story! Obamameister could learn quite a few things from Kolan including how to bowl.

sarahpalinfan99 on March 22, 2009 at 4:51 AM