Great news: ACORN helping hire workers for U.S. Census

posted at 6:39 pm on March 17, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not a huge deal, I think, given the sheer numbers we’re talking about — the Census Bureau has 250 organizational partners soliciting one million applicants for 140,000 jobs — but combine this with The One’s tentative efforts to assume greater control of the census and we’re looking at hours and hours of rich bloggy goodness next year when the inevitable stories about lost forms and miscounts start to appear.

“It’s a concern, especially when you look at all the different charges of voter fraud. And it’s not just the lawmakers’ concern. It should be the concern of every citizen in the country,” Rep. Lynn A. Westmoreland, R-Ga., vice ranking member of the subcommittee for the U.S. Census, told FOXNews.com. “We want an enumeration. We don’t want to have any false numbers.”…

“The Census (Bureau) is a nonpartisan, non-political agency and we’re very dedicated to an accurate account,” bureau spokesman Stephen Buckner told FOXNews.com. “We have a lot of quality controls in place to keep any kind of systemic error or fraudulent behavior to affect the counts.”

Buckner said the bureau received an overwhelming number of qualified applicants — more than 1 million — for the 140,000 census taker jobs filled to complete the first phase of the effort. Each applicant, he said, must take a basic skills exam, which includes reading a map and entering data into a handheld computer. Applicants are also subject to an FBI background check, he said.

But Buckner acknowledged that it is difficult to track an applicant’s political background.

“I have no way of tracking any of that information,” he said. “If somebody comes in to a position with a political agenda and their work exhibits that, there are rules against that,” he said.

Good thing ACORN doesn’t have a political agenda. Exit question: Given how many other partners it has, why would the Bureau invite the appearance of impropriety by hooking up with a group as tainted as this? Their latest, greatest hit, you’ll recall, was breaking into foreclosed homes to reinstate the former owners, a practice they admit constitutes trespassing. Does Buckner want to spend the next year being asked about stuff like that?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Why do I have this feeling that nobody in my white upper middle class, conservative household will not be counted? Nor any of my similarly white, upper middle class conservative neighbors?

angryed on March 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Article 1, Section 2, U.S. Constitution: ” The actual Enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall by law direct.” Obama and the Democrats have conspired to violate the Constituion at LEAST 23 times since January.

nelsonknows on March 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM

wonderful. This’ll be the concrete foundation to all future vote fraud efforts.

Chaz706 on March 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I took the census test, Buckner is a LIAR!

nelsonknows on March 17, 2009 at 11:52 PM

When the form arrives … toss it in the trash. When they come to the door to follow up … clam up.

AZ_Redneck on March 18, 2009 at 12:26 AM

MORE ILLEGAL ALIEN..OOPS I MEAN DEM-VOTERS TO COUNT

AMERICAN VETERAN on March 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM

bla bla bla “Applicants are also subject to an FBI background check, he said”.

PLEASE SAVE THE COW-SQUEEZE….WONDER WHATS THE ODDS ARE AN ACORN’ER CAN ACTUALLY PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK?????????

AMERICAN VETERAN on March 18, 2009 at 4:59 AM

Remember AP, Obama won. He and his co-conspirators can do any damned thing they want. Falsifying the census is just one of the books Ogabe is cooking. He’s got a whole library full.

SKYFOX on March 18, 2009 at 5:46 AM

But, I thought Obama was going to reduce government outsourcing.

I guess that only applies to capitalist contractors…

FuriousAmerican on March 18, 2009 at 7:28 AM

IT IS TIME FOR “5 DAYS IN MAY”

rone5847 on March 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM

One certain result is that crumbling, urban centers that have been hemorrhaging productive citizens since the 60s–think Philly, Detroit, St. Louis, chicago–will suddenly appear to be in the midst of a population explosion, requiring more seats in Congress and more of your tax dollars.

james23 on March 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Exit short answer:

No surprise. Political payoff 101.

Exit long answer:

No surprise. Political payoff 101. It’s the Chicago (and everywhere else) way.

Now that the Census Bureau is a defacto White House politbureau, why should Obama worry about associating with a bad nut like ACORN? Associations with Chicago henchmen, marxist ideologues, a crooked governor, the lapdog media, domestic terrorists, racialist preachers, tax cheats, open borders orgs, anti-gun nuts, and unionists never bothered him before.

Obama summed it all up nicely when he said, “I won.”

locomotivebreath1901 on March 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM

If they show up at my house I’ll throw their ass out on the street. If they is a fine for non compliance . . . I’ll pay it.

rplat on March 18, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Just pick a number,any number,declare you and all around you who work for a living a minority, add it all up and send it in. If ask you made a simple mistake and thought it was an ethnic quiz.
Fill in the blank American,pick a country or group.list WASP,WOP,MICK, whithish or light tan,Indigenous American and so forth.
Dogs,cats, cattle count as dependents

Col.John Wm. Reed on March 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Hey -this is a great step to get rid of that pesky voter fraud issue. Now they can say the names they found in the graveyard are the names of real people!

I wonder what Tony Romo’s new address will be?

hawksruleva on March 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM

So, basically, a group which has been successfully sued for fraud in registering voters is going to be allowed to count potential voters. What could go wrong?

Vashta.Nerada on March 18, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Acorn census taker: How many in your home?
You: 4
A.c.t.: What is your household income?
You: Around $92,000
A.c.t. : Do you have any flatscreen TVs? Dvd players? Stereo equipment? Gold jewelry? Remember failing to answer these question is a federal offense.
You: Well, uh, yea, I… uh I guess I have some….. ?
A.c.t: What time of the day is hour house vacant?

kurtzz3 on March 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM

…and now we return to the “further adventures of ACORN the census taker” already in progress…
ACORN census taker: Do you have any pets in your house?
you: My daughter has a goldfish named “Goldie”.
act: A democrat, correct?
you: No, my daughter is only 8 years old.
act: No, sir. I was refering to the fish.
you: The goldfish? How can a goldfish be a democrat?
act: Please sir. We prefer to refer to them as “Fish Of Color”.

kurtzz3 on March 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Ohh thats just great
i cant wait to find out
if Putin, abinawack job and osama bin laden
all have majicallyh been registered to vote democat of course
by ACORN..
next ACORNY will inform us
osama bin laden, abina wackjob and putin are all living
in Washington DC..

jcila on March 18, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Not currently in Mahattan, my cousin is a supervisor and they have closed hiring, more than enough applicants coming in on their own.

She told me most of the applicants were unemployed real estate brokers, young college graduates who can’t find jobs and office workers and retail workers who have been canned recently. New York City pays $18.75 for those who pass the numerator test for canvassing and $23.75 for Supervisors.

My cousin is a real estate broker who was not doing so good, she took the supervisors test back in November and was hired in January.

She also told me she doubts very much any of these applicants Acorn is pushing would successfuly pass the numerator’s test, the questions involve map plotting and actual thinking.

AprilOrit on March 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM

This administration never seems to learn no matter how blatant the lesson.

jeanie on March 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM

The census is disgustingly intrusive now.
I remember how the last one was full of questions, including wanting to know if you were taking medications if you were mentally ill,if you were depressed! etc.
Of course the excuse is to have this info in order to provide better health care facilities, programs for welfare etc.
As an amateur genealogist, I love the census.
As a conservative, I HATE the census.
I won’t say I lie because it really isn’t a lie if you believe what you are saying is true.
Heh.

Badger40 on March 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM

i now refuse to answer the census

I am from mehico..

jcila on March 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM

It’s all a part of indoctrination nation Check out H.R. 1388
Camps & Uniforms? Call your Congressman and spread the word.

Done That on March 18, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Isn’t ACORN rather like Germany’s SA back in the ’30s?

That is, they seem like a politically-motivated civilian group charged with carrying out the Reichstag’s White House’s policies?

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 18, 2009 at 5:25 PM