A Minister of Culture?

posted at 12:21 pm on March 17, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Perhaps not a Minister of Culture — more like a Deputy Undersecretary for Cultural Affairs — but the Obama administration has decided to appoint someone to oversee culture in America.  Kareem Dale, who ran the outreach to disabled voters during Obama’s presidential campaign, will take a role that has traditionally been part of the First Lady’s unofficial authority:

President Barack Obama has established a staff position in the White House to oversee arts and culture in the Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs under Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser, a White House official confirmed. Kareem Dale, right, a lawyer who last month was named special assistant to the president for disability policy, will hold the new position. Mr. Dale, who is partly blind, previously served as national disability director for the Obama campaign. He also served on the arts policy committee and the disability policy committee for Mr. Obama when he was a senator from Illinois.

Bill Ivey, who served as the administration’s transition-team leader for the arts and humanities, said he was encouraged by the appointment and would meet with Mr. Dale next week. “It’s a big step forward in terms of connecting cultural and government with mainstream administration policy,” Mr. Ivey said in an interview on Friday. The White House declined to describe the position in detail, since Mr. Dale’s appointment has yet to be formally announced.

Dale apparently will double up.  The disability policy position was supposedly a full-time job, but either Dale had a lot of free time or he’s decided to leave that position after just a month.   Maybe Obama wants to show efficiency in government by having everyone take two jobs.

But why does America need a Minister of Culture, or even an Assistant Sub-Under Secretary/Receptionist for Cultural Affairs?  Did the Constitution give the executive power to shape culture?  Or did Obama suddenly run out of work and needed to find something to do with his time and energy?

We know the latter isn’t true.  After all, according to the latest at the White House website, Obama still has yet to fill seventeen of eighteen top-level positions at Treasury.  Obama has yet to nominate most of the Senate-confirmation-required positions in his administration, but Obama insists that economics has been his priority in his first two months as President.

Instead of appointing Ministers of Culture, maybe the Obama administration should focus on selecting people to handle economics.  If he did that, perhaps we would get less Deadbeatonomics and more sanity.  We need that a lot more than cultural advisers in this White House.

Update: Commenter RBJ notes that someone has to choose the DVD collections for visiting heads of state.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Since he’s a buddy of Obama, I think I have a legitimate question. Obama hasn’t hung around with many devout Methodists that I know of.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM

There you go making blanket statements again. It really is getting old. For someone who supposedly hates being painted with a broad brush, you just can’t seem to help painting others…with a broad brush.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM

B.S. I don’t see the people on this board referring to real sources to black problems like you claim. I see references to Flava Flav and black muslims. I don’t know what black America you see on TV but most Black people in this country are hard working law abiding people and it seems that the commenters of hotair like to lump us all in with the negative caricatures of black people they see on TV.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM

A classic Goebellian porpaganda technique. When confronted with the truth…obfuscate. If you can’t dazzle ‘em with your brilliance, then baffle ‘em with your bull___t. You…Mr. Liberal are the RACIST. Prior to the Civil War slave masters would give their slaves small trinkets and gifts on special occasions so that they would love their masters. In return the slaves loyally gave their labor without overt objection. You liberals are the new slave masters. Liberals give the blacks trinkets and gifts to keep their loyalty and get votes in return. Never do anything to help lift blacks out of poverty like say…ahh…school vouchers so that poor black kids can go to excellent private schools. Nope…can’t do that. Might upset the NEA. Some poor black kid might get an education and become a conservative. Can’t have that! RACIST!!

sdd on March 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM

All I’m saying is that I or any other black person I know don’t mind if you spout off negative statistics or tell the truth about race in this country. Just don’t be a bigoted prick about it. Al Sharpton and Flava Flav don’t speak for all of us, so stop lumping them in with the rest of us.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Noted. Don’t be a bigoted prick and lump all conservatives or all whites in together based on some anonymous board comments.

You are a hypocrite and you need to evaluate your own views about other groups before lecturing others.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM

With a partially blind lawyer in the White House, there’s no potential for lawsuits, right?

February 19, 2009

Kareem Dale, Special Assistant for Disability Policy to Barack Obama, is seeking stories from people with disabilities who were able to return to work or who were rehired because of the economic stimulus plan signed by Barack Obama this week. Many companies included in the stimulus are already hiring or rehiring.

This request is both important and time-sensitive. Mr. Dale is asking the disability community for your help in responding to this request, as it will assist him in facilitating full inclusion during the current administration.

If you are a person with a disability who went back to work or was rehired as a result of the economic stimulus package, please email social@disaboom.com, and we will put you in touch with Kareem Dale

Two days after porkulus was signed they wanted to know if disable people were rehired?

Hmmmmmm……….

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I have to admit, I was hoping that Flava Flav would get the position.

:O(

OhEssYouCowboys on March 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM

What was that?

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I’ve wondered whatever happened to actor Peter Mayhew…

LadinPlaid on March 17, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Chewbacca? Lay off the meth.

capitulus on March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

So when will this cabinet start wearing huge department-seal medallions and their job title on their sleeves?

James on March 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I can’t wait to see Obama give a speech like President Camacho and hear Hillary say she’s the Secretary Of State, brought to you by Carl’s, Jr.

teke184 on March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I could go back and gleam at least ten offensive remarks in this one post. Not informative or “the truth”, just offensive. Now did anybody say anything about it? What does that say about you?

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

What was that?

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:17 PM

That was me calling you out for making blanket statements about conservatives.

I am not “OhEssYouCowboys”‘s keeper, so your argument is a non-starter.

You just got done telling us not to lump you in with anyone you disagree with, yet you turn around and lump everyone here in with…someone you disagree with.

Keep it up, you are really on a roll with your double standards and feigned outrage.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Go ahead and glean. I speak for myself as does everyone else here. When I agree with someone I may or may not indicate that.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:21 PM

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I agree with PBoilermaker.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM

:-)

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Well typically when somebody says something offensive without provocation I either say something or I stop associating with them. Being silent is a sign of tacit approval.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Ten offensive remarks in my one post? At least? Go ahead, list them.

If you meant to say “ten offensive remarks in this thread“, who cares? Why should I be held responsible for the anonymous comments of others on a public board? Are you going to do a line-item rebuttal of all the ways you disagree with Al Sharpton and Flava Flav? If not, why do you expect me to do that with the Hot Air membership?

Again, your arguments are based on a fallacious premise and your double standard is BS.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM

With all due respect. While some comments maybe racist, I don’t know I didn’t read that carefully or with my decoder ring on… Wasn’t it our esteemed new Attorney General who accused us of being “cowards” on race?

I believe there is plenty of bigotry on your end as well… Double standards are not appreciated here. If your feelings are easily hurt keep voting for the people who are keeping you poor and uneducated so they can manipulate you.

If you have enough self-respect to vote for freedom and democracy and enough guts to succeed without government handouts… you don’t care what others say… you vote for freedom.

Disclaimer: I sometimes get disgusted by the points expressed here… but at least they are free and open and not controlled by the mind control leftists that control the left-wing blogosphere.

petunia on March 17, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Terry,

Everyone knows both popular black and white culture is an ignorant wasteland full of dumbass fools.

The difference is blacks like to reflexively cry racism and defend their “art.”

econavenger on March 17, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Being silent is a sign of tacit approval.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

You know that’s not true on a comment thread and it’s not always true in real life. Sometimes the comments fly too fast and furious. Other times it would be casting pearls before swine. Other times it’s not worth it for various reasons. I, as others do here, have to pick my battles.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Silence is a sign of approval pal. What would it take to get you to respond then? Faggoty Jew? Boot lipped nigger? Or a little bit lower on the totem pole?

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Being silent is a sign of tacit approval.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

You have been silent about all of the atrocious things ever muttered by Al Sharpton and Flava Flav…does that mean their horrendous remarks meet with your tacit approval? If not, why are you so silent? Why haven’t you answered for the base comments made against whites and Conservatives by “Capitulus”? Tacit approval?

I like this game of yours, it’s fun.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I agree with PBoilermaker.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Thank you. ;)

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Being silent is a sign of tacit approval.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I like this game of yours, it’s fun.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I don’t recall ever being in a discussion with either of them so no. As for capitulus, by the time he made that one remark in this entire thread I had already brought up many other posters offensive comments. I was too busy arguing with you. Of course its ridiculous to say that all conservatives live in trailers.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Anyways I gotta run, have a good St. Patty’s Day.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

So, if people aren’t offensive enough to meet your standards of faux outrage and you are being a hypocrite, you attempt to obfuscate by pushing the limits of good taste yourself? Good job.

You are making a clown of yourself.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Whats a potential black conservative? I don’t know, maybe a person who espouses conservative ideals but hates when conservatives compare him to Flava Flav after they see his picture.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM

You know Terry, that’s just silly. Or it’s weak minded. Did someone see your picture and compare you to Flava Flav? Is your real name Kareem Dale? Are you saying that Mr. Dale is actually a potential black conservative and all because he was compared to Flav he in now an Obamabot?

Sounds to me like you’re just trying that some ol’ tactic as Obama.. race card politics.

Texas Gal on March 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I could go back and gleam at least ten offensive remarks in this one post.

Blah, blah, blah. I can list an infinite number of offensive remarks said about any group, any time, any where from any one.

Sit down and shut the hell up. I AM SO FRIGGIN SICK OF RACE BAITING, WEAK MINDED, PERMA-VICTIM, HYPOCRITICAL ASSCLOWNS.

From now on, I demand that people call me a racist to my face.

I’m late on this one, has anyone mentioned the Ministry of Silly Walks yet?

Didn’t some leftard at one of the awards shows make a plea to Obama for some sort of cabinet level Secretart of the Arts type position?

reaganaut on March 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I don’t know much about art but I know what I like the government tells me to like.

Trafalgar on March 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Boot lipped nigger?

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Looks like I’ve missed out on a bit of ‘give and take’. I’m gonna have to use that phrase the next time I talk with my ‘colored boy’ buddies, I’m sure they’ll get a kick out of it. Porterhouse!!!!!!!!!

As for our new cultural commissar, I guess Michelle is too busy watching Grandma take care of the girls to be bothered with her traditional WH duties. As RBJ pointed out, Mr. Dale may be put in charge of DVD duty when our friends and allies visit the WH. Hopefully, Mr. Dale will have the good graces to include some spaghetti westerns when the Italian Prime Minister drops by…

Gohawgs on March 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Anyways I gotta run, have a good St. Patty’s Day.

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Riiiiiight. Your BS argument hits the brick wall of truth, so you run away.

I’m looking forward to seeing you speak out against ALL comments that are derisive of whites or conservatives here at HA. Wouldn’t want to think the trolls have your tacit approval when making racist, bigoted blanket statements, would we?

Have fun, drink up.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I’m late on this one, has anyone mentioned the Ministry of Silly Walks yet?

reaganaut on March 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Yes they did but I didn’t get the reference. (Silly walks?)

So this is a bow to Hollywood? So that explains why they needed a partly blind man… Deafness would help in that position as well.

petunia on March 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Well, the Brits have not only a minister but also a department for “Culture, Media, & Sport”. Guess Barry wants to be like the Brits.

youngTXcon on March 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Yes they did but I didn’t get the reference. (Silly walks?)

Trafalgar on March 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM

What do people who have jobs like this do day in and day out – oh to have a cushy government job. But, I would be in great favor of using tax payer money to give everyone in Congress a 345 day luxury vacation year. We would save a lot of money and headache in the long run.

Grafted on March 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Who will head the soon to be created “Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices?”

Bishop on March 17, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Exactly! This just creeps me out.

petunia on March 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Every Third World hell-hole I have ever been to, no matter how backward, ignorant and poor, has always had a Minister of Culture.

gridlock2 on March 17, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That Ministry of Silly Walks…. I thought it sounded familiar!!!!

Obama does like British Culture after all!!!!!

petunia on March 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM

MiniCult

baldilocks on March 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Minister of Kulture? Man, I don’t know about you all, but that gives me the creeps.

And what “culture” would Komrade Kareem be forcing down our throats?

Nazi Germany pulled no punches. They called it what it was – propaganda.

Komrade Obama is really taking a shotgun approach to all of his programs. We can only hope the MSM starts reporting all the over reaching.

av8tr on March 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I hate to tell you this, but just about every day I can find comments here I find offensive. I don’t have to comment on each and every one and mark my disapproval. To do so would be overkill and a sign of a thin skin as well as a sign of an obsessive compulsive need to correct/defend. IMO, doing so would actually cause people to listen less to anything I had to say. Like I said, you have to pick your battles. I don’t always pick wisely–sometimes I wish I’d said something and sometimes I wish I’d not hit that Submit Comment.

People also push back when blanket generalized accusations are made. I suggest in the future that when you think it’s important to disagree with or call out a commenter on something you find offensive, that you address the specific commenter and the specific comment made. Most people are not all offensive all the time (trolls excepted).

INC on March 17, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Nothing this butt joker does is shocking.

christene on March 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Is this like the Taliban Virtue Police?

Dr Evil on March 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I see, we have the money to pay for this joker, but we can’t pat for the medical to care for our service wounded vets. Real nice Barry. You are a joke as President.

Hawthorne on March 17, 2009 at 5:15 PM

On day 57 of his “War on Prosperity”, Barry illustrates that while he has not yet turned the US into a third world country, his minions can have titles like “Czar” and “Minister” just like those in tin-pot dictatorships…

phreshone on March 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Maybe they’ll put him in charge of Obama-brand copyright protection.

Tzetzes on March 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Absolutely, we need a kommissar of kulture to ensure that the proleriat are goose-stepping correctly.

Maquis on March 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM

The problem is that many blacks have bought into the crapola spewed by people like you that conservatives are racist because they are the only ones who will speak the truth about the failure of every government run program to “help” blacks since Lyndon Johnson.

Your explanation insults blacks by questioning their ability to make informed political decisions. If the GOP platform really is better for blacks and they fail to recognize it then perhaps the blame lies with the GOP’s inability to communicate effectively.

Conservatives are the ones who truly believe “yes you can” and you don’t need the government to do it for you. you can do it yourself.

This comes out sounding like “you’re own your own, sink or swim”. Not exactly an appealing proposition to people who feel like they are at a disadvantage for both historical and contemporary reasons. Of course, you would probably yell at them that racism is over because Obama got elected…

maleman on March 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Dude! I thought the Coneheads were fiction.

ronsfi on March 17, 2009 at 6:20 PM

When do we get our little red books?

schmuck281 on March 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Ministry of Silly Walks… damn… just bought the entire box set because of that reference…

Worth it. Every penny.
And now for something completely different.

dragonlord on March 17, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Wearing a sleeveless dress to the address to congress, running around barefoot during swanky hollywood fundraiser, and the hideous black & red dress she wore on election night..

I guess it was decided Michelle Obama isn’t cultured enough for this job!

TN Mom on March 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM

The audacity of audacity strikes again.

I guess that this fellow is the natural follow up to the Inauguration minister’s prayer that looks to the day when “whites can make it right”. Or something like that…

I am becoming furthered angered as the days of the Obama Oligarchy go on.

onlineanalyst on March 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Jawohl, culture über alles…so it begins…

Entelechy on March 17, 2009 at 7:19 PM

As I read this thread, am I the only one marvelling at the post-racial Utopia the One has ushered in?

Beuller?

Beuller?

VelvetElvis on March 17, 2009 at 7:24 PM

WTF?

I called this one months ago. Only I said the name would be different… Da Minister of “Keepin” it Real”.

Claypigeon on March 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Terry Silver has earned his Obamabuck from Axelrod. Mission accomplished by the Astroturfers.

onlineanalyst on March 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Ed would chew me out if I mentioned the obvious snark in Obama appointing a visually impaired person for a wholly unnecessary position, so I won’t.

I don’t know much about Mr. Dale, but he does seem like a genuinely good fellow.

That being said, this is just another milestone on the road to Europeanizing America. Both Quebec and France have a cultural minister.

It’s too bad the only things Obama imports from Europe are massive bureaucracies and redistributionist nonsense. Why can’t he import France’s nuclear policy?

BKennedy on March 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Dude! I thought the Coneheads were fiction.

ronsfi on March 17, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Ha, so I’m not the only one. As soon as I looked at him, I thought “we are from France.”

Tzetzes on March 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Who’s culture will be promoted?

JellyToast on March 17, 2009 at 8:04 PM

The WH needs a Minister of Culture to bring back a little Dignity and Decorum, but I don’t think it’s going to happen soon.

The WH fountain was dyed green today for St. Pat’s. The old dye-the-Chicago-River touch brought to D.C. I have no wish to offend HA Irish commenters here, however, I think that’s tacky.

Obama will also appear on Leno tonight to push his budget. Yes, well, that shows us your attitude to our economic woes–trading quips with a late night show host comedian. I suppose it’s the new modern version of Let them eat cake.

So, tell me how do you like being President when people are losing jobs?

Well, um, uh, it turns out, well, being Pres’ent, I’m very good at it.

Hey, Barack, so did you hear the one about the people who have lost half of their 401K?

Oh, hey, I’m cool.

And Obama lets us know his picks for the Final Four in March Madness.

Hey, who needs a little seriousness in responsibly and wisely addressing economic problems and foreign policy trip wires?

It’s a lot more fun being Mr. Presidential Cool.

INC on March 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM

FUG

SouthernGent on March 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM

maleman on March 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM

There’s no question; many of us do not have the ability to make informed political decisions or the desire to acquire that ability.

And that’s because we receive get crappy educations–courtesy of Leftist-controlled public school system.

One more thing: If more people were worried about the well-being of this nation rather than who might have insulted whom, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

This is not an honor-shame culture.

baldilocks on March 17, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Huh… I had a pinhead Sociology professor once who said that there was no such thing as American culture.

Glenn Jericho on March 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Terry Silver on March 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Those are real sources of black problems. Not all, mind you, but two of them nonetheless.

PBoilermaker on March 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM

How is a reference to black muslims racist? The guy is probably not a first generation american, which you can tell from his last name. He most likely converted to Islam(or his father did, which is less likely) and changed his name to reflect that. Do you know who malik shabaz is? He did the same thing.

Don’t call people racist because you are too ignorant to know things.

TTheoLogan on March 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM

This guy could give Paul Begala a run for Giant forehead czar.

anniekc on March 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Beuller?

Beuller?

VelvetElvis on March 17, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Definitely. Those who support and agree with obama are post-racial, while those who oppose him are not.

TTheoLogan on March 17, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Sadly, so many of a particular ethnicity chose to blindly support and elect Obambi as “one of us” where hopey-changey promises substituted for demands of basic competence.

It goes beyond informed or educated it boils down to judgment. To wisdom, or more importantly, the willingness and responsibility to apply wisdom to exercise judgment. One could educate an OJ juror to no end yet the outcome would be the same because it was and is the attitude which clouded the wisdom and corrupted the judgment.

Hence a President Zero who can’t make competent executive decisions, has alienated our allies, and has chosen a cabinet which would make a good police lineup on April 15th. But Obambi sure can wear the fancy threads, and ride Air Force One like it’s the ultimate Bling.

viking01 on March 17, 2009 at 11:01 PM

When I hear the word “culture”, I reach for my buttermilk.

Dhuka on March 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM

There are only two possible reasons for this appointment. Either President and Mrs. Failed One are too lazy to do the job, or it’s part of the stimulus – The Failed One is going to make sure every American has a job by appointing each and every one of us to his cabinet.

My guess is that it’s a combination of the two. His cabinet is so large because, although he is smart enough to realize he’s in way over his head, he’s too lazy and incompetent to do the hard work required of the leader of the free world by himself – or even with a normal sized cabinet. He’d rather campaign and write memiors.

Wingo on March 18, 2009 at 12:41 AM

A ‘culture’ of corruption, no doubt!

apco on March 18, 2009 at 1:00 AM

av8tr on March 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Ah, Hope again.

PaddyJ on March 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Minister of Culture

That is an old Soviet title. Stalin’s Minister of Culture was Andrei Zhandanov Wikipedia has this interesting quote

The Zhdanov Doctrine (also called zhdanovism or zhdanovschina, Russian: доктрина Жданова, ждановизм, ждановщина) was a Soviet cultural doctrine developed by the Central Committee secretary Andrei Zhdanov in 1946. It proposed that the world was divided into two camps: the imperialistic, headed by the United States; and democratic, headed by the Soviet Union. The main principle of the Zhdanov doctrine often referred by the phrase “The only conflict that is possible in Soviet culture is the conflict between good and best”.

Thus appears one of the models for Animal Farm where all pigs are equal only some pigs are more equal than others, so in Obama’s Soviet system, all pigple are equal but palesti-pigs are more equal than zio-pigs and when palesti-pigs launch missiles they are less hurtful than when zio-pigs try to stop the launches. The minister of obamia culture will never put the wrong pigple above the right pigple and Churchill-pig has already been purged as bad karma I mean culture

Goebbels was Hitler’s Minister of Culture

We may as well have one too or who can we blame later for the gulag?

entagor on March 18, 2009 at 3:05 AM

maleman on March 17, 2009 at 6:09

That’s hogwash and you know it. Making an informed political decision requires an excellent unbiased education at all levels. In the liberal world failure is not only an option, it is the only option when it comes to educating minorities and blacks in particular. There is a sinister motive in that option and you are a player in it. Destroy the ability of black children to be really educated and you destroy their desire to learn and think, creating a self perpetuating under class that will always be dependent on the government for the basics of survival. Liberals don’t really want black children to be educated. They want to grow a class of medieval serfs who will be loyal to their landlord. Just throw money at their problems and get them to think you’re really doing something

maleman on March 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM

So which is better…You’re on your own or you can’t make it without me? I know the one you prefer because it ties blacks to the shackles of dependency on the government. Exactly where you want them. Destroy their honor, their integrity and convince them they can’t do anything on their own. RACIST!.

sdd on March 18, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Minister of Culture? And what culture would that be? Lousy rap music, fatherless families, drugs? Sheeeeeeeiiiiitttttt!

godhelpus on March 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM

This is a list worth memorizing: Treasury, Justice, State, and War.

Kralizec on March 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Without an Art Czar, who will ensure that artists will adhere to Socialist Realism?

Akzed on March 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Because it’s Orwellian, and it’s what the Iranians and Communist countries, like Cuba, do? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, ya know.

Buy Danish on March 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM

He looks constipated… More Fiber…

CynicalOptimist on March 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Minister of Vice and Virtue. Not surprising!

pugsly on March 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM