Meghan McCain to Laura Ingraham: “Kiss my fat ass”

posted at 3:53 pm on March 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler of Townhall, the media’s new favorite Republican downshifts into victim mode and wins “View” viewers’ hearts. Granted, Ingraham’s joke was a cheap shot, but come on — I get worse insults than “plus size” from you guys every day. Toughen up, Mac. Ingraham’s had enough, too:

The left’s over-heated indignation over my throw-away satirical line in a five-minute monologue is totally phony. They look the other way when obvious personal attacks are used against conservatives. Remember when Al Franken was the toast of all media for his book “Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot”? Last month The View’s Joy Behar called him a “fat guy”; and when I was a guest on The View a few years back she ridiculed Ann Coulter and me as “peroxide” blondes on Fox.

Next time, just for fun, Meghan should pretend that she’s had a change of heart and is now a pro-life conservative. Then she’ll really see how the Mean Girls treatment feels.

Note well the panel’s righteousness about how women should treat other women. Does that include Joy calling Michelle a “selfish bitch” on Maher’s show? Exit question: Did Meghan really never hear of Ingraham before or is she just saying that to get her goat?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Um, who is Meghan McCain? Better yet, should we care?

av8tr on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

SnarkVader: go to about 3:10 to hear her say:

“I had actually never heard of her before this happened.”

Matticus Finch on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Thanks for posting this! I’d have listened to the clip but I have this avoidance thing about regurgitating.

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Who benefits most from McCain’s fatness? Allahpundit, that’s who. And she does look fat in that photo.

Blake on March 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seatTaco Bell…..

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Will she fit in it?

Sorry, just going with the theme…

Darksean on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

cat fights never change….

ElRonaldo on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Meghan has no experience, doesn’t say anything of substance, and is an attention whore trying to establish a name for herself by criticizing conservatives.

She has said nothing even worthy of note let alone criticism…

basically her appearance and her ignorant valley girl demeanor is all there IS to talk about.

American Elephant on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Meghan ‘you make my rockin’ world go round!!”

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

And to think that Meghan McCain almost beat out Alyson Hannigan for the role in American Pie.

Wow How the world would have been changed…. Could have been a followup role on Buffy.

Kuffar on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

They are playing your song Mehgan.

RobCon on March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Or….

:D

rollthedice on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I guess money can’t buy class.

herrevery on March 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Meghan ‘you make my rockin’ world go round!!”

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Good one.

toliver on March 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM

of course, it only takes a minute to find some transcript like this, which makes only points out the women on “THE VIEW”‘s hyporcrisy:

BEHAR: And squeezed me to death also.

SHERRI SHEPHERD: Who was it?

BARBARA WALTERS: Donald Trump?

BEHAR: No, no, fat guy.

SHEPHERD: Oh.

BEHAR: Rush Limbaugh.

[laughter]

Matticus Finch on March 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

With Junk In The Trunk?

Wade on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

They treated Palin with so much respect.

V15J on March 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

They really defended her from all attacks..

the_nile on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I’m sorry, can’t she just find a reality show or something and stop pretending to care about politics?

hawksruleva on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I’m with Allah on this. I think she’s cute. It’s just when she speaks or writes that I have a problem with her.

ConstantSorrow on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Let the war begin,its a Cat Fight,

may the real Republican win!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

hawksruleva on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Rock of Love?

Darksean on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seatTaco Bell…..

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Did not see that coming and spit my drink!

Bravo.

mankai on March 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Btw,was that a head weave side to side?

canopfor on March 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat Taco Bell…..

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Forgot the strike…

mankai on March 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

MEGHAN 2016: “I am The Big Tent, baby!”

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

If her name were Meghan Smith, no one would be interested in her at all.

In 3 months, she’ll have a sudden epiphany and become a Democrat. No one will care.

JimAK on March 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Allah, here’s a box of Kleenex for the following insult; You’re a balding moron…err something really mean.

JoeySlippers on March 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM

PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

It better be a WIDE seat!

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Look, this little princess is exactly what she appears to be – vapid, insignificant, and insubstantial. She totally lost me right after the election, when someone on Fox asked her about the supposed rift between her dad and Sarah Palin. She sort of rolled her eyes, and said “I don’t want to talk about her.” Like it was Palin’s fault that her daddy didn’t want to win badly enough to put up a fight. One day, perhaps she’ll figure out that air-headed is no way to go through life.

uncivilized on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

True, there is not much class in MM. I just wish she would go away or just start campaigning in AZ.
She reminds me of a young kid who has no idea what they are talking about, yet has no clue that they have no idea so they just keep going.

Yuk.

ORconservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Had Laura not committed the faux pas of mentioning her disparagingly, she wouldn’t have gotten this much attention (which is about the most she has ever gotten). So, take a good look you chubbychasers, this is probably the last we’ll see of Ms. McCain (unless you’ve bookmarked her blog, or she becomes a spokesman for the Brookings Institute).

Akzed on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

My friends,I would just like to say,

Kiss my fat…………,hehe.(A bit sarcastic).

canopfor on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

You know, why can’t we have someone like Megyn Kelly be the face for the republican party…no, we have Meghan the pork chop….

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Fat chicks everywhere, STFU

Locrian on March 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I predict that within 5 years, since her ‘ol man won’t be pursuing the presidency again, she’ll do a spread in Playboy.

You know – to give herself credibility.

creatocon on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Not Playboy…..Isn’t there a B&W magazine that would want her?

rich801 on March 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Not Playboy…..Isn’t there a B&W magazine that would want her?

rich801 on March 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Field and Stream…?

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Nobody cares about Meghan McCain and her pity party. Poor baby, she’s fat, she can’t get a date, her father’s campaign was weaksauce. She didn’t say anything about Palin probably because she’s threatened by a woman who has self-confidence.

She has absolutely no pride or backbone. Not just over the fat comments but how she can go on a show that made fun of her parents through the campaign. She can go and rant about people who make fun of her when she knows she won’t see them face to face but too chickens*&# to say anything to the hens on The View.

Learn to buck up missy if you want to be a leader. Then again I guess being spineless is a prerequisite in the pseudo-conservative movement.

Lay-Z on March 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM

At 1:49, all I hear is cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck

phelps on March 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son Megham.

gdonovan on March 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I heard Meghan was late for the show…

She had to move the car out of the driveway to iron her pants!!

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Whoopi your so intelligent. And those medical green tennis shoes are such a turn on. Cant you wear anything decent on National Television you goof with the money they pay you?

Meghan Mccain is freakin hot, ok? I dont give a damn what she weighs. There’s no ‘few pounds’ over. She’s gorgeous.
She’s a hell of a lot better looking than that cave-girl wanna-be blonde too on there.

johnnyU on March 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Go to Laura Ingraham’s site to hear her audio that sparked this whole adventure. Hearing that and watching the clip here gives a whole new meaning to disingenuous.

MM wouldn’t say anything, when given the chance, about Whoopie asking her father if Whoopie should be worried about becoming a slave again if McCain were elected. All the proof needed that MM has no balls, figuratively speaking of course.

Notice that MM was maybe the only Republican guest on that show that was not shouted down or talked over. Another indication that she needs to STFU. If the View likes her, she is all wrong.

Mallard T. Drake on March 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM

La Maverica is just as irrelevant than pops, at least Dad does`nt cry for the WHAAAAAAAAmbulanceI`ll give him that.

NY Conservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Mmmmm… Megyn Kelly…

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Does Meghan McCain have any idea what party her Daddy belongs to, and what Laura Ingraham stands for? Instead of going on a liberal-dominated show and dissing a classy conservative, she should be out dissing all the Obama/Democrat earmarks her daddy hates so much!

Better idea than Meghan McCain on the View–let Laura Ingraham replace Elizabeth Hasselbeck–the other Viewgirls wouldn’t know what hit them, except maybe Baba Wawa. ABC’s ratings would skyrocket, and lots of viewers would vote Republican…

Steve Z on March 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM

MMBS

More McCain Bull S*$&

Someone tell her DU is looking for their “moderate” idiot.

OwlorNothing on March 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Meghan McCain won’t ever be a leader. She is missing the only thing that is an absolute necessity, principles.
She could even have principles like our dear leader but like her father, she is some wishy washy attention pig.

ORconservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Anyone willing to bet that Laura will try to have Meghan on as a guest to confront this issue when she fills in for O’Reilly later on this week? I’d tune in for that one.

goldeagle11 on March 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Desperately searching for attention and a message while flailing and failing miserably (sounds like another McCain).

Hey Meghan how is it going to look in the rear view mirror when your debut issue (s) were this lame. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and drop the sham and join the democrat party. We don’t want or need any more clueless rino’s. The party is chock full of them and we need to thin the herd, not add another heifer (sorry couldnt resist : )

America1st on March 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Of course, watching that clip, I couldn’t help but crack up because I kept thinking of Fred Armisan as Joy Behar and Tracy Morgan as Sherri (they spoofed them on this past Saturday’s SNL)…

Pasalubong on March 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Not Playboy…..Isn’t there a B&W magazine that would want her?

rich801 on March 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Field and Stream…?

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Bovine Monthly

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Mmmmm… Megyn Kelly…

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Something you’ll never see on TV: Megyn Kelly telling someone to kiss her ass.

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Well fatso Meghan does look a bit thinner squeezed between those two heffers.

The beautiful Laura Ingraham was talking about how you are stupid…not fat. The fat line was a quickie…she spent much more time on her lack of intellect.

She will be done soon….she is too dumb for even the echo chamber to be interested in much longer.

You know, it does make perfect sense that her stupid little blog is on the Daily BEAST…cause that is what she is.

Also, hot air readers, guess what, that “conservative” broad that is on the view with all the liberal broads, well, she is better looking than the ugly liberal broads (who wouldnt be) but she is every bit of an airhead as the other broads on The View. It is people like her that allow conservatives to get a bad name because having somebody as stupid as her defending the conservative position is NOT helpful.

The Wall on March 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Bovine Monthly

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM

… and from that glitzy career launching pad, it’s only another month or two, max, before Our Gal Meghan snatches up the coveted lead role in the upcoming Hollywood biopic, The Ernest Borgnine Story!

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM

She was on Laura’s show during campaign. She’s nothing but a liar.

youngO on March 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Wow, she’s practically the reincarnation of Princess Grace.

mchristian on March 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Well, this circular firing squad still can’t shoot straight. They claim they don’t know who Laura Ingraham is and yet spend a good deal of time trashing her. Dummies: If you want to tear someone down, especially if it’s someone apparently no one has heard of, show their picture and tell the audience who this person is. A straw man needs to still look like something.

Ms. McCain is asked to comment on the disparate treatment her father got compared to the Obamas, and rather than come to the defense of her own parents, she very lamely says that she doesn’t want to look back. Wow. Even when Obama threw granny under the bus, he still spoke nicely about her.

It’s clear that no one heard what Laura said. She doesn’t want to deny Ms. McCain her right to blog incessantly, and her criticisms of her aren’t because she’s overweight (which is an overstatement, since it would be a stretch to call her fat). She wants to deny Ms. McCain the mantle of spokesperson for Conservatives.

The more we hear from this young woman the clearer it’s becoming that she’s a Democrat strutting around uncomfortably in Conservative garb.

EMD on March 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

American Elephant on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

O.K., you’ve convinced me. She IS running for Daddy’s seat.

a capella on March 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Ingraham shouldn’t have insulted her appearance. Thats a fact. I don’t care that libtards do it all the time and MSM doesn’t care. We should be above it because people like Laura know MSM will be looking for it from our side.

Speedwagon82 on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

By The Way, her saying she has never heard of Laura Ingraham makes her either a liar or further proof that she is dumb and uninformed.

She is also lying about her size…size 8 my ass.

She was trying real hard to sound intelligent there and not valley girlish but at the end she couldnt help it. Started doing the “totallys” and the “yaaa” talk. What a moron.

The Wall on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

What the hell is wrong with all of you?

This young woman’s body size and/or type is completely irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if she is in or out of the public eye; no one has the right to tell her that she is somehow worth less as a human being because of her appearance.

I’m certain that everyone posting disparaging remarks about her is a model of health, fitness, and, oh hell – what? Men’s Health/Women’s Health cover model potential candidates?

She looks like a perfectly normal, healthy, female. That people would be disparaging her shape says volumes about how warped American society has become in regards to what real women look like.

asta

asta on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I’m pretty sure that those criticisms of Coulter are based (though I disagree) on Coulter’s ideals and commentary — not her physical appearance.

amerpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

So you think making a comment about a physical appearance is worse then throwing out words like, extreme, radical, evil.
Calling someone fat, or calling someone evil…somehow, to me, fat is not as bad as calling someone evil.
When you say a “fat blond media whore bimbo” I see McCain…but saying “evil” I don’t see Ingraham….

right2bright on March 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Victim Victim Victim. . .We’re all friggin Victims.

It’s soooo kool being a Victim. .Give me another please.

What a what a waste of 7 minutes that was. You owe
me 7 minutes AP. . . Victim , Victim, Victim

Texyank on March 16, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Please, let’s not give her any further opportunities to play the victim. Stick to substantive criticism.
Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.

SouthernDem on March 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Deep down, I always knew Allah was a Lezbo.

(not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

omnipotent on March 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Not saying she’s fat but if she had to haul a$$ it would take two trips.

Tom

marinetbryant on March 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I’ve got to say, I don’t think Laura should have insulted Megan that way, but I still like her comeback.

Esthier on March 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

asta on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

People have gotten used to calling others extreme, evil, wrong-headed, etc., I think that is worse and just as “off subject” as saying someone is fat.
I feel, if someone says “Rush is a right wing extremist”…and he retorts back, she is a “botox, brain dead women”, I say the right wing extremist comment is more wrong because it isn’t accurate.
So when you say someone is over wieght, that is, it is an accurate statement…but calling someone some obscure name, that is meant to trigger a response, is worse.
If you don’t want to be called names, then don’t call other names.

right2bright on March 16, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I really think this little girl has a chip on her shoulder about a lot of things… not the least of which is the cool swingset the Obama girls got when Mommy and Daddy moved into the White House.

Of course, had the McCains moved in, Meghan’s swingset might have looked more like this:

D2Boston on March 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

American Elephant on March 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM

She could be President…or work for MSNBC.

kingsjester on March 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I really think this little girl has a chip on her shoulder

D2Boston on March 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

An uneaten one, you mean? Impossible.

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Megham can’t stand up to Joyless Behar, Whoopi Cushion and Whats-her-slash (for treating her parent like sh*t on That View-hole, but she’s up for a fight with Ms. Laura Ingraham, cancer survivor.

Good luck with that one, Pork Chop.

omnipotent on March 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I really think this little girl has a chip on her shoulder

D2Boston on March 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM

An uneaten one, you mean? Impossible.

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM

She just can’t stop at one…calling her over weight is bad she says “I just can’t believe another woman would say such a thing”…meanwhile calling another women; confusing, radical, insensitive, evil, extreme, etc.

right2bright on March 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I won’t comment on the topic bait away Allah.

Dr Evil on March 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

PREDICT she runs for her daddy’s senate seat…..

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Oh please please let her try and run for her daddys senate seat JD Heyworth would win it in a landslide in Arizona!! Of course we’d lose his voice on the radio(KFYI 550 am) but thats why they call it sacrifice.

Kevin43 on March 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

With Universal Health Care weight IS an issue Meghan!

You want to be a moderate, right? So you better accept the most basic of principles of socialism. The gov has a say-so in your life, your weight, your actions for the common good.

The more you eat, the less the poor have to eat, right? The more of a burdon you are on the system that moderates advocate. You already demonize smoking, start with your own weight, socialist!

nottakingsides on March 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Maybe Meghan and Caroline Kennedy should team up and try to accomplish something useful. Impossible considering their worldviews, I suppose, but at least it would keep them busy and off of my TV.

I’m kinda okay with Meghan being a leftard because she’s young, but I wonder if the bitterness being fostered at the moment will prevent her from EVER being an effective conservative voice if she ever grows up.

pugwriter on March 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

She’s just still pissed because Daddy’s people made her diet during the campaign…

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I was a little confused as to why anyone cared what this nitwit had to say, but I guess since AP thinks she’s all that and a bag of donuts, we’re stuck with her. Three posts in one day?? Give me a freakin’ break.

anniekc on March 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Maybe Meghan and Caroline Kennedy should team up

pugwriter on March 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

The Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie of American politics! ;)

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Meghan just shut up and go away… you aren’t worth the effort.

MNDavenotPC on March 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Cat fight! Hsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

GarandFan on March 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Meghan McCain to Laura Ingraham: “Kiss my fat ass”

It’s a shame that Meghan’s showing her arrogance and immaturity!

byteshredder on March 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Kiss my fat *ss

How original.

My collie says:

WHAT a towering intellect!

Yeah — and that’s not the ONLY thing that’s been SUPERSIZED.

CyberCipher on March 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Maybe Meghan and Caroline Kennedy should team up

pugwriter on March 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Yes, new drinking game….’you knows’ and ‘likes’….we’d have to get our stomachs pumped twice for a twenty minute presser.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Donny Osmond said it best: “Go away, little girl”

whitetop on March 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Meghan is winning. Trust. Me.

beekiller on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

No sh*t.

The more conservatives whine about her the more talk show bookings she’ll get.

Honestly….mature adults haranguing the ruminations of a 24 year old political novice.

It’s beyond idiotic.

The Ugly American on March 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Meow.

manwithblackhat on March 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM

asta on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Hear. Hear.

I don’t agree with most of what she says. I don’t agree with most of her father’s policies. But, some of the comments about her are very “HuffPo-like”. Not at all worthy of HotAir, IMHO.

cryptojunkie on March 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Too bad that overpaid strumpet can’t get silicone skull implants to enlarge her brain.

Dark-Star on March 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM

“If you drag a hundred dollar bill doughnut through a trailer park, you never know what you’ll find.”

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM

well at least she acknowledged how fat she was

thegreatsatan on March 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

cryptojunkie on March 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Oh, just shut up you fatty, fat, fat, bleach-blonde, RINO piggie.

/sarcasm/

The Ugly American on March 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

goldeagle11 on March 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Any one wanna bet she won’t show up for it??

BigWyo on March 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM

asta on March 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I agree completely, asta. Actually, I think MM is a cutie…I’m a “chubby chick”, and I wish I looked that good. The problem I have with Princess Meghan is more about her attitude; I mean, “Kiss my fat ass”??? Really??? This, from someone who claims to be a “serious” political blogger?
Ms. McCain needs to do one thing, regardless of her political leanings: grow up. “Valley-speak” and throw-away comments like the above will do nothing for your credibility.

uncivilized on March 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Good lord! As if John McCain doesn’t have enough problems with conservatives.To unleash this cheap imitaion of a “valley girl” to lecture Republicans on how-to-be-good-Republicans is beyond laughable!
Senator McCain, she is embarassing herself, you, and your whole damn family. Please tell her to shut to hell up!

RMR on March 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Hear. Hear.

cryptojunkie on March 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I agree crytojnkie but this is the result of the mud-wrestling that Meghan started by going after Coulter personally and out of context. The lesson maybe is if you wrestle in the mud with a pig pretty soon people can’t tell the difference between you and he pig. (pun intended)

Conan on March 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Meghan has had her 15 minutes.

Time for her to go away.

Far, far away.

-Dave

Dave R. on March 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I’m betting Meghan didn’t get enough attention growing up from her busy parents or men her age. Now she’s found a way of finally getting the attention she craves by playing Republican hand-slapper to a welcoming liberal media. Meghan voted for Kerry but claims to be a conservative since her father ran for president. Meghan knows she can get a lot of mileage out of her hand slapping role because the liberal media loves to embrace a self-loathing conservative. It’s less dirty work for them.

What better weapon to marginalize people like Coulter and Limbaugh than a fellow conservative? Most people are not political junkies. So when they hear Coulter and other Republican pundits called hateful radicals — by not only liberals but so called conservatives — some start to believe it’s true.

Christina_M on March 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM