Meghan McCain to Laura Ingraham: “Kiss my fat ass”

posted at 3:53 pm on March 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler of Townhall, the media’s new favorite Republican downshifts into victim mode and wins “View” viewers’ hearts. Granted, Ingraham’s joke was a cheap shot, but come on — I get worse insults than “plus size” from you guys every day. Toughen up, Mac. Ingraham’s had enough, too:

The left’s over-heated indignation over my throw-away satirical line in a five-minute monologue is totally phony. They look the other way when obvious personal attacks are used against conservatives. Remember when Al Franken was the toast of all media for his book “Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot”? Last month The View’s Joy Behar called him a “fat guy”; and when I was a guest on The View a few years back she ridiculed Ann Coulter and me as “peroxide” blondes on Fox.

Next time, just for fun, Meghan should pretend that she’s had a change of heart and is now a pro-life conservative. Then she’ll really see how the Mean Girls treatment feels.

Note well the panel’s righteousness about how women should treat other women. Does that include Joy calling Michelle a “selfish bitch” on Maher’s show? Exit question: Did Meghan really never hear of Ingraham before or is she just saying that to get her goat?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

700 COMMENTS or bust!

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

She is so brave to go on The View and say those things.

myrenovations on March 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

She admitted it, let’s just ignore her now.

Vashta.Nerada on March 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

i think its just another distraction to keep the focus off Obama.

booter on March 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
damn thats funny.

Amadeus on March 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Not again. *facepalm*

Heh

Guardian on March 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM

MMc (to Republican party): “I think you try moving even further towards the left.”

PARTY (to MMc): “Pffft. At least I still can.”

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM

They treated Palin with so much respect.

V15J on March 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Rich girl with a big butt and mouth to match.

Gee, that’s a first.

booter on March 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

So thin skinned to be so fat. Sheesh.

“Just one wafer thin mint?”

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

She is not fat.

I wish more women looked like that.

pseudonominus on March 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Compare and Contrast, MMc:

“I’m not scared,” Meghan explains. “I mean people are going to judge you anyway, so I would rather just let people judge me on my own terms.” In exchange for taking this treacherous path, Meghan and the girls have been duly punished online. To blog as a woman is hard enough. To blog as a blonde woman in politics who boasts about her own fashion sense is harder. Comparisons to Paris Hilton and other professional ditzes are emailed with some frequency. When the blog debuted, the snide Washington gossip site Wonkette headlined its post, “Dept. of Your Blog Sucks.” The snarky “ladyblog” Jezebel mock-gushed, “Boy is she blonde!” Another blog editorialized, “It reads like bad Vogue, or Chicken Soup for the Campaign Daughter’s Soul.”

Salon.com News (Dec 2007)

Selective outrage… again.

mankai on March 16, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Allah’s got a fevah and the only prescription is more Meghan!!!!!!!

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM

righteousness indignation on the left.
This is going to be fun.

Amadeus on March 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Get with the program, conservative women don’t count in the womens’ movement. Rare exception, Contessa whats-her-name from PMSNBC defended Michelle over Laura Ingraham earlier today. In that segment someone mentioned Megan’s attention seeking behavior with some irony. I still say Michelle’s tact was more effective than LI’s but Megan McCain seems intent on making nice with every left wing outfit that sold her father down the river.

msmveritas on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

STFU air head

Wade on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Anyone else choke on spittle when the shrews of The View tsked, tsked feminists for trashing other women?

katiejane on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Yes, but you’re also an anonymous blogger. You’re not being insulted personally on air.

I tend to agree with Laura and I disagree with Meghan’s insistence that the party move leftward. That would be asinine. But bringing the girl’s size into the discussion was terribly unnecessary.

amerpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I was hoping someone would say that Ingraham’s taunt is really baiting the left. They bury Laura for a mild ad hominem, and let all the vile Bush, Palin, Cheney, and Malkin smears go on and on without reprimand.

Mark30339 on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I’ll take Laura’s spot if she’s not up for it!

MadisonConservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Someone tell Meghan that she’s irrelevant. We know she’s a chip off the old block, and like her father, gets love from the leftist press as long as she is bashing conservatives. I wish Laura had ignored her just like Ann did. She is baiting them for the notoriety using their names will bring her.

silvernana on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Rich girl with a big butt and mouth to match.

Gee, that’s a first.

booter on March 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Who is the lead singer of the Dixie Cix?

Wade on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Allah’s got a fevah and the only prescription is more Meghan!!!!!!!

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Woo her the romantic, old-fashioned way, Allah. Show up on her doorstep sporting a tux, and a dozen long-stemmed ears of corn. ;)

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Where does the line start, Meghan??

DamnYankee on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Meghan, looks like you nailed it, where will Elisabeth work once youve taken the token “conservative” position.

Viper1 on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Laura Ingraham said this morning that she’d interviewed the fat girl twice – I think – during the election. Whatever the number, Laura debunked the whole “I’d never heard of her” lie the fat girl told.

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Meghan is winning. Trust. Me.

beekiller on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

700 COMMENTS or bust!

carbon_footprint on March 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Don’t get her started on her bust now!

Patrick S on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Bare it and we will share it ; )

Firebird on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

From the news item of the same name on HA, my comment:
Laura’s comment was almost in passing in her MMc critique. Her real point was that this inexperienced valley girl would have no followers if her name wasn’t McCain. I thought her parody was hilarious. The MSM do this to people all the time, yet when a conservative does it, then they try to split the party over it or diss the commentator to reduce their influence. This is the fourth HA post on this topic and they have generated about 1000 comments. But Michelle’s take on this was the best and should put MMc to rest.

Christian Conservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Give her another sammich to shut her pie hole.

pseudonominus on March 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

That will take all week Meghan.
In Joy’s case, it will take all month.
But seriously, Laura backed your old man against her better judgement while the yentas on The View her celebrating his defeat.
When the chips are down for the Republican Party, at least we learn who are friends are and who the back stabbers are.
Meghan, enjoy the attention from the big media, and they will turn on you in the end. Too bad your too dumb to have learned that up close from Dad’s relationship with the media.
Didn’t Whoopie accuse your Dad of bringing back slavery?!??!

RobCon on March 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Laura called her both “very cute” and a “plus-size model.” It amazes me that so called feminists can sit there and play into the steriotype that being called that is an insult, especially when research shows men prefer women that look like Meghan over scrawny models.

Do they even realize what a double standard it is? On one hand they rage against society pushing barbie standards for size, then encourage Meghan to be mad about being called beautiful enough to be a realistic model . . . all in the name of attacking a real conservative.

PastorJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I’d like to chain her to an elliptical trainer for a month with little more than water and protein shakes. She’d be hot after three weeks and smok’n after four.

toliver on March 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Who is the lead singer of the Dixie Cix?

Wade on March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM

You mean the one who was so “persecuted” that nobody even remembers her name?

Natalie Maines or something like that, I think.

myrenovations on March 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

You can tell people to “kiss your fat ass” in response to an insult

OR

you can work to become a leader of the party.

I really don’t think that you can do both. You might be able to do the former and have the media push you for the latter for a while, but you won’t have enough of people’s respect for them to follow you.

Do you suppose Margaret Thatcher ever worried about whether or not someone thought she was fat?

JadeNYU on March 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Meh… elgeneralisimo can barely even bring himself to feign interest over this…

elgeneralisimo on March 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I hope Laura realizes she shouldn’t have said that & apologizes.

jgapinoy on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

So let me get this straight. Its ok for Meghan to call Ann Coulter extreme, radical and evil, but she gets upset that Laura called her plus size? I went back and looked she called her plus size. (which she is by the way, nothing wrong with that) If you can’t take it, then don’t dish it out. Meghan is just a rich spoiled whiney little girl. Meghan is doing everything she can to milk this 15 minutes of fame. Its sad

goldeagle11 on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

AubieJon on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

That’s not what Meghan said. She said she doesn’t listen to the show.

I also thought the media outlets that reported on Laura’s comments about me were out of line. I don’t listen to Laura’s show, so if journalists hadn’t picked up on it and reported on it, I never would have known what she said.

SnarkVader on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

This is not real outrage. It is a stunt that keeps Meghan in the news for another week.

Illinidiva on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

“Kiss my fat ass!”

Raymond Burr says what?

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Anyone want to try digging up attacks against Meghan from the left during the campaign that she and the hags on The View ignored?

RobCon on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I get worse insults than “plus size” from you guys every day.

AP can take an insult better than a fat chick.

Now that you can put on your beta male resume!

LOL

lorien1973 on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

You know, Meghan McCain and Natalie Mains….a match made in heaven. Both chubby, blonde, ugly, and talking out of their asses.
Please shut your big, fat mouth you stupid bi*ch.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

goldeagle11 on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

And anti-semetic.

myrenovations on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Its nice to see she has the same affinity for profanity as her father. She and her sister both have weight problems, if you have a weight problem and you put yourself out there and call out other people, guess what will happen to you? If shes so tough, why doesnt she debate Coulter or Ingrahm “on the issues.” She wont because she would be laughed off the stage, shes all name without the intellect to back it up.

nswider on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Meghan McCain to Laura Ingraham (about calling her plus sized): “Kiss my fat ass.”

Meghan McCain to View hosts about unfair, rude treatment of her mother and father: “I’d just like to look forward.”

Matticus Finch on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Meghan McCain = David Frum’s b**tch

Norwegian on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Meghan is winning. Trust. Me.

beekiller on March 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

If winning is a supposed Republican blasting Conservatives I guess you’re correct.

katiejane on March 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Ok, this is getting tiresome. Meghan’s kinda cute. And I don’t mind plus size girls(which she clearly is). But she also has no accomplishments to speak of. Who made her a spokeswoman for the GOP? Aside from her last name, why is she of any relevance?

Doughboy on March 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Please shut your big, fat mouth you stupid bi*ch.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Lovely.

SnarkVader on March 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM

As long as she attacks conservatives she is welcome on any show…but if she stops, or as her dad found out, ends up on the other end of a liberal, she will be skewered. She will wish the only thing said about her is her weight.

right2bright on March 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM

After the way the witches of ABC treated John and Cindy McCain is a shame that this young FAT lady appeared in that horrible show.

Falz on March 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Deep thoughts from me:

(1) Who is Meghan McCain and why does anyone care?

(2) What is the “View” and why does anyone care?

(3) Who is Laura Ingraham and why does anyone care?

NONE of these people matter to any of us. Now let’s get back to talking about something really important like those German Obama chicken fingers…

sayabule1 on March 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

If she had said it a week earlier, she probably could have gotten that New York Times conservative op-ed slot instead of Ross Douhat.

jon1979 on March 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

She’s following her dad’s method:

Be nice to the media, then when you disagree with them, they’ll take you seriously.

Hey. It worked for him.

Oh wait.

lorien1973 on March 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

You know what this means…..

DONATION TO SARAHPAC!!!

whys that you might ask…

RAM: A few days ago, I got another SPAM email from Sen. McCain’s PAC asking for money. My reply was short and simple, “Dear Sen. McCain, every time your daughter shows up on television shooting her mouth off about things she knows nothing of, I donate to SarahPAC. I don’t have any time or money left for you.”

alexraye on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

SnarkVader: go to about 3:10 to hear her say:

“I had actually never heard of her before this happened.”

Matticus Finch on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I predict that within 5 years, since her ‘ol man won’t be pursuing the presidency again, she’ll do a spread in Playboy.

You know – to give herself credibility.

creatocon on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Laura Ingraham is the Shiznat!

I lover her.

joepub on March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

They are playing your song Mehgan.

RobCon on March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

goldeagle11 on March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I’m pretty sure that those criticisms of Coulter are based (though I disagree) on Coulter’s ideals and commentary — not her physical appearance.

amerpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Call me nuts, but I just has this crazy fantasy of Meghan being grilled by Megyn.

eaglescout1998 on March 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

You know – to give herself credibility.

creatocon on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Oh, great. So that’s at least one additional old growth forest we’re never gonna see again. ;)

Kent18 on March 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

True, but if Rush went on air and called “Allahpundit” a balding moron or whatever, it would still resonate with our readers, etc. Everyone would know who he meant, even if they can’t match a face to it.

Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

SnarkVader: go to about 3:10 to hear her say:

“I had actually never heard of her before this happened.”

Matticus Finch on March 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

But, she’s heard of John Kerry, voted for him in 2004 AND she thinks that British douche that begged us to vote for Obama is just too funny. Yep, she’s a real blonde.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

sayabule1 on March 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM

An opinion on which I’m sure Meghan has.

myrenovations on March 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Please, let’s not give her any further opportunities to play the victim. Stick to substantive criticism.

Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Meghan who?

ladyingray on March 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

You’re balding?

I love picking up little tidbits about the mysterious one :)

lorien1973 on March 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I’d say she has PLENTY of substance, Alah.

D’OH! Sorry. Couldn’t resist. I’m usually MUCH more thoughtful in my comments.

creatocon on March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Oh, wah, wah. Suck it up, buttercup. People said worse things about Palin’s kids and Palin herself. Jindal has been called a dweeb.

I’m sorry. People make comments about my appearance all the time and I’m not going to make a big case about it. Someone needs to grow a thicker skin methinks.

mjk on March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

With all due respect, does MMc have a job… or a plan for the future lined up? I feel like she’s just doing this self-invented “new GOP” PR blitz because she doesn’t really have anything going on. I’m sure she’s a nice girl, but it’s a little like, “Where’s this all coming from?”

Pasalubong on March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Agreed, and I’m not saying it’s right. I’m just saying that your handle is (well, would be) being called that name and you wouldn’t have to deal with the insult in your personal life. Just like I could care less if a fellow commenter insults my handle here, but someone insulting me in real life in front of others would be different

amerpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I am terribly sick of Meghan McCain. If she wants to ride dady’s coat tails into politics in AZ great, but get the hell off the national stage until you’ve done something noteworthy.
Jeezzzzzzzzzzzzz. Does the right have to copy the left in everything? She has zero accomplishment and we just supposed to give her credibility because her dad was a loser in the last election? It reminds me of the push to make Caroline Kennedy senator on a smaller but heavier scale.

ORconservative on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Say what you want about MMc’s politics, but I don’t think it’s right to criticize her based on her appearance, period.

C’mon folks! We’re better than that!
But she should be ashamed for going on that show.

Oink on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Get with the program, conservative women don’t count in the womens’ movement.

msmveritas on March 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM

That and true conservative women are much more thick skinned and tougher then

pseudo-conservative women

like Meghan obviously is!

Meghan’s another RINO, nothing more!

Get a grip Meghan, I’d be more concerned with the company you are keeping when hanging out on the “Spew” then I would be worried about a few extra pounds!

Liberty or Death on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Oh, and are you balding? Because that would definitely add to your beta male credentials. :-)

amerpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

eaglescout1998 +1 where g=d

Stephen M on March 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Seriously… Laura Ingraham is going to comment on the looks of someone else? Meghan is damn sexy… and laura is one tittied, old and ugly.

CoffeeMan on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

They don’t listen to Laura Ingraham in Columbia U.

RepubChica on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Meghan who?

ctmom on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

mjk on March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Don’t you mean, butterball? Sorry, couldn’t resist.
You know, if she shut her damn mouth, she could banish into obscurity like her daddy.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

We’re the Left to create an etiquette book as to whom could be criticized and when, and under what circumstances the said criticism could take place, that book would rival the Tax Code. And their book, like the Tax Code, would be constantly changing. Fortunately, they cannot impose fines for failure to comply–yet.

varnson on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Stick to substantive criticism.

Allahpundit on March 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

But that woud imply we thought she actually had something substantive to say. You had to know how these threads would go – don’t try and force us onto the high road after you’ve given us so many routes elsewhere.

katiejane on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

And remember: it’s perfectly kosher to let people call Ann Coulter a skinny tranny, but to make fun of Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama is beyond the pale.

mjk on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

More proof that cute is, isn’t necessarily as cute does.

Meaghan’s weight is not the issue, her lack of conservative principles is.

Speakup on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Yawn.

OTOH, I’d tap that.

perroviejo on March 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Meghan please get a job where I don’t have to listen to your opinions. They aren’t worth airing.

Dr. Manhattan on March 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

“Kiss my fat ass”

Mooooooo

Apologetic California on March 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I am so tired of MM. She is being used as a tool and she doesn’t even know it.

Av8tor on March 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

mjk on March 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Now we’re talking, you could show a double feature on those backsides.

HornetSting on March 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Who cares what that fat ass says?

notagool on March 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Looking for attention! and…the left is more than willing to give it to her.

jeanie on March 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Did the Republican Party spend the first half-year after Clinton got elected doing stupid stuff like this instead of focusing on him?

Speedwagon82 on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM

She’s fat… I’m bald… yawn.

lexhamfox on March 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM