Video: Warren Buffett on Card Check
posted at 1:05 pm on March 9, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
Barack Obama made a lot of hay over the support he received from Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the world and a stock-market savant. Obama used it to show that he held no animus to free markets and private industry. I wonder if Obama is ready to take his advice on Card Check as well? Here’s Buffett today on CNBC:
Card Check would be an unmitigated disaster for the economy even in the best of times. As we reported last week, it’s an exponentially worse disaster during a severe recession. Even an Obama supporter like Buffett understands that much.
Ben Smith thinks this might be a body blow for Card Check, defining it as an effort to kill secret ballots. Let’s hope.
Previous posts on Card Check:
- Video: Blue Dog speaks out against Card Check
- Conference call: Rep. John Kline on Card Check
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dr. Anne Layne-Farrar, Card Check; John Taylor, Getting Off Track
- Three Dems wavering on Card Check in the Senate?
- Obama tells unions that Card Check will pass this year
- CPAC Interview: Card Check
- Obama moving away from fear-based politics?
- Secret ballots for workers in Mexico, but not the US?
- Will Stern strong-arm unions to join the SEIU?
- Video: Labor officials can’t explain why they need to dump the secret ballot
- Card check a dead letter?
- Audio: Sharpton opposing Card Check?
- Card Check loses a vote? Perhaps
- Video: Blago, SEIU, and Card Check
- DeMint conference call: Card Check, bailouts
- Card Check: A direct pipeline to corruption and abuse
- Can Obama get Democrats to support Card Check?
- Video: The Card Check ad CBS doesn’t want you to see
- Irony escapes the House Democratic Caucus
- Guess who used the secret ballot … again?
- Video: Meet Union Boss Bill
- USA Today: Stop Card Check …
- Video: McGovern on Card Check
- George McGovern to fight Card Check in debate ad
- Video: What if Congress passed Card Check for all elections?
- FRC Action Summit: Barbara Comstock on EFCA
- George McGovern: Stop Card Check
- Where did the SEIU get $150 million for politics?
- Right Online Conference: John Fund
- Maybe this is why they need Card Check?
- Video: “I Hate Heroes”
- Johnny Sac takes on the unions
Breaking on Hot Air