Video: Stephanie Miller wants Rush executed, Larry King shrugs

posted at 8:12 am on March 6, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’ve decided to move this from the headlines, as it bugged me all night long and I was still chewing on it this morning. It reflects a cult of personality gone psychotic among the Left for Barack Obama, where any kind of dissent equates to treason. However, we’ve (almost) come to expect that, but as the Newsbusters point out, Larry King — who gave Bobby Jindal a tough interrogation the other night over something somebody else said — doesn’t even bother to follow up:

STEPHANIE MILLER, LIBERAL TALK RADIO HOST: I guess that is what Nancy and her friends want. As long as you have a place to listen Rush on the radio — if he fails we all fail.

KING: If his policies fail, he fails, right?

MILLER: Exactly. To me that seems treasonous.

King’s hard-hitting response?

KING: Lars, a fair question. [Arianna Huffington had jumped in after Miller to gripe about George Bush]

Later, Miller tried to get a reaction from King again:

MILLER: Nancy, you are right about one thing. We love this episode of Republican. It’s delightful and it’s not solving any of the serious problems that the country is facing. You know who is it good for? Rush Limbaugh. He loves this attention.

If I could say something tonight that gets me that kind of attention, like maybe Rush Limbaugh should be executed for treason. How about that?

And King’s hard-hitting follow-up?

KING: It is true that any kind of — Rush is a personality — is enjoying this, isn’t he?

Gee, I wonder what King would have said if Rush, Sean Hannity, or anyone else had appeared on his show in spring 2007 and called Harry Reid’s declaration of defeat in Iraq on the Senate floor treasonous. Somehow, I think he would have given that person the Jindal treatment, and not the pass he gave Miller on Tuesday. Contrast the vastly different ways in which King handled Jindal and Miller this week, and the word hack comes quickly to mind.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I don’t blame Larry. He died several years ago and should not be held accountable for anything he fails to react to on-air…

sabbott on March 6, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Who really watches this shit on CNN? Larry King has what? 48,000 viewers on any given night?

Bicyea on March 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Who is Stephanie Miller? Have I missed something important?

jeanie on March 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM

When the gun grab comes??? When the gun grab comes it will have already been far to late for far to long. Who are you going to resist? The local police or sheriffs?

doriangrey on March 6, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Maybe it’s time to take up the second half of the 2nd amendment, (the part liberals use to argue against private ownership of guns), and start forming militias* again with the sole purpose of protecting the Constitution of the United States. Our forefathers wrote this law/right into the bill of rights to prevent an overzealous government from having total control over its citizens. They felt that an armed citizenry was the necessary to prevent a reemergence of the same totalitarian government that was just defeated. When the redress for grievances is exhausted and the political process becomes so corrupted that it becomes clear that there is no actual representation of its people, an armed citizenry is all that stands between totalitarian rule and a representative government.

Revolutionary? While these are my words, I hardly think they were not similarly written by far greater men than I.

* = A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Larry King is the same guy who said “Really?” in 2004 when another senile old newsman, Walter Cronkite, claimed that Karl Rove and Osama Bin Laden were in cahoots.

Percy_Peabody on March 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Here is what is both tragic and secretly satisfying about this whole thing –

Tragic – my kids are going to have to grow up in a world where they may not live in a free country, may not have the same standard of living as their parents, may live through civil unrest/war, our once great country is dead.

Secretly Satisfying – Liberal trash like Stephy Miller are getting everything they have ever wanted and it is going to be an EPIC FAIL.

King of the Britons on March 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM

This is what the second amendment is for. If liberals come to bring me harm, I have guns to protect myself from them.

Vegi on March 6, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Well, didn’t the Weather Underground advocate as much?

Seriously, they wanted the excecution of large swaths of unrepentant capitalists for the greater society. Neat stuff. TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY. I will not put a thing beyond a liberal. They have no regard for life or liberty. PERIOD. Their mind isn’t right. No pun…

Mommypundit on March 6, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Correction: Maybe it’s time to take up the second half first half of the 2nd amendment….

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 10:06 AM

once great country is dead
King of the Britons on March 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Seems to be rotting from within, like Rome. We have pols in Washington who while not quite crooks have no integrity and no purpose other than keeping themselves in office. We have small, bent little men such as Rahm Emmanuel and his cohorts with unchecked, scurrilous and childish power in the WH and a man at the helm, who may or may not be aware of all this,or who may or may not care about any of it if he does know. And they do this openly and unashamedly and accept no responsibility for it themselves. It’s always someone else’s fault.We have larger and larger numbers of our population who think they are owed something for merely existing. Our days as proud and principled country may well be behind us.(This vent may just be the March doldrums, but it’s worrisome that it may not be!)

jeanie on March 6, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I can’t look at Larry King anymore without thinking of his wife being interviewed on the Howard Stern show and mentioning his penchant for cos-play.

TheMightyMonarch on March 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Who is Stephanie Miller? Have I missed something important?

jeanie on March 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I believe she’s one of those libtalk radio personalities who had an audience of 12 (all WH staffers), so not only her show got axed, but the station she rode in on… and her little dog, too.

College Prof on March 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Enlightened liberals are always threatening to murder people, it seems, from Ayers to Zinn.

And they want the FEC to censor documentaries.

It’s kind of a sort of batshit insane, I think.

Merovign on March 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Like a poodle discussing Plato.
EMD on March 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Brilliant!!! LMAO…(no sarcasm intended)…really a great line.

Jarhead68 on March 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Rush has balls.Democrats dont understand this.

Streecar on March 6, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Oh, but they do understand it. Reason why they want said balls in display jar along with the ones they have belonging to Republicans in congress.

RepubChica on March 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Forming militias has been tried.

The problem is the pesky ATF arresting and imprisoning the members.

fossten on March 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM

NOT RELATED: SANTELLI DID IT AGAIN!!

Somebody please fetch the clip; I already emailed Ed.

ProudPalinFan on March 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I’m certain I read that Santelli was told to shut up now. He didn’t? That is one very brave man.

BrideOfRove on March 6, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Yep. he said he was “gonna be off” next week. Take it for what is worth. I missed the beginning dammit! His coworkers at Squawk did not seemed happy at all and tried to take distance from what he said, even though it was OBVIOUS the “job mantra” is not working!

ProudPalinFan on March 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Are you being intellectually dishonest or are you simply confused?

Dont get me wrong, what Miller said was goofy. But it was knowingly goofy. She specifically said that she was saying something for the purpose of getting attention (which you are now giving her), must like Limbaugh and “I hope Obama fails”.

I had never heard of Stephanie Miller before this. Now I have. Miller’s mission is accomplished, thanks to HotAir.

orange on March 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Maybe it is time to form a citizens militia again. There are several people in Congress that should be put up against a wall.

Of course Larry and company would find that “a shocking statement” to make.

GarandFan on March 6, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Who is this Stephanie Miller you speak of?

PappaMac on March 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Who is Stephanie Miller? Have I missed something important?

jeanie on March 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM

She’s the daughter of William Miller, who was Barry Goldwater’s Vice President nominee in 1964.

She obviously fell very far from the family tree.

Del Dolemonte on March 6, 2009 at 11:17 AM

KING: If his policies fail, he fails, right?

MILLER: Exactly. To me that seems treasonous.

Wow. Not wanting his policies to succeed is not quite the same thing as not wanting America to succeed.

She obviously fell very far from the family tree.

Del Dolemonte on March 6, 2009 at 11:17 AM

All kids do — for a while. Then they discover that if they work hard enough, they get dinged for their “rich” parents’ sins on their income taxes, and, if they work even harder, they discover why Democrats seem to have a bad habit of not paying taxes.

unclesmrgol on March 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Roving, old buddy – old pal….

I love your passion for our country! The country has armed up Rovin over the past several months. I don’t believe the time is here for an armed revolution; however, I do believe the time is here for a peaceful revolution with a show of unity by the citizens of this great country against the government. I also believe that both parties have been on the same path, taking us to the same destination. The Republicans have been taking us there by way of a bus; the Liberals are taking us there by way of a rocket ship.

RHINO’S – Republicans have let us down big time my friend. Liberals have always dreamed of this day, but I never believed Republicans were on the same path until both Bush Presidencies introduced “big government” and socialist programs. As much as I love Bush for protecting our homeland and praising our most precious treasure (military), the man increased the size of government (big brother) in a way that would make most Liberals pop a woody. What did it buy him? Liberals still hate him as if he were Reagan.

Citizens against the government… The revolution has begun. Where it goes, I have no idea. Only thing I know for sure; I’m in!

Keemo on March 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM

how dare anyone point out the complicity in the mortgage meltdown by barney frank Chris Dodd and the rest of the dimocRats.

who i truly believe knew what they were doing , in the hopes of tanking the economy and getting Obamadrama elected , and the push for their communist adgenda.

Mojack420 on March 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

This is the same thing happening here
If i dared to put up a palin sign
I would have had 10 rocks thrown threw my windows by now..

but liberals openly call for Executing American citizens
(something even the most ardent conservative wouldnt do)
And the left just laughs it off..

Very soon the civil war is going to begin..

I urge hoenstly urge all americans to stock up on
Bullets, band aids and bread..
For when it starts the liberals will be the ones
Turning against you..

jcila on March 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM

For when it starts the liberals will be the ones
Turning against you..

jcila

Unless you’re referring to the military under the command of a marxist turd, I’m not worried about liberals turning against me. Conservatives have all the guns.
BTW, going to the range tomorrow with my daughter. Finally gonna try out that 1940 vintage Mosin/Nagant in 7.62 X 54R my wife gave me.

SKYFOX on March 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

She obviously fell very far from the family tree.

Del Dolemonte on March 6, 2009 at 11:17 AM

And landed on her head, apparently.

Y-not on March 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I liked it back when folks who had values called the folks that make these outrageous statements for what they are: kooks and they are not to be taken seriously. Larry should have said we let you on this program so the world can see how stupid and out of touch you really are. Unfortunately Miller is now a mainstream thinker and Larry is Air America material.

rsl775 on March 6, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Never understood why his show was popular. Maybe I’m too young.

TastyPanda on March 6, 2009 at 2:07 PM

RepubChica on March 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM

They want an opportunity to see what a used set looks like. The Congressional Republican specimens are pristine never used.

Yep they get it and hate anybody who doesnt automatically play their favorite game of bend over grab ankles (even more a fave than commieball soccer).

kooziegirl on March 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Republicans, MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS. Beat the Left at their own stupid game.

Speedwagon82 on March 6, 2009 at 2:26 PM

This really isn’t just an Obama thing. If Hillary or Edwards or Biden etc had managed to win, the Stephanie Millers of the country would still be saying that going against them is treasonous.

Speedwagon82 on March 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I love your passion for our country! The country has armed up Rovin over the past several months. I don’t believe the time is here for an armed revolution; Keemo on March 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM

How are ya Keemo—my friend,

One clarification: I’m not advocating, nor would I condone an armed revolution—not even close. As a law abiding citizen of this great nation, the very last resort would be to take up arms against our own people, (even if they are a part of the government), and I would not begin to consider this option until I was physically threatened by that government. HOWEVER, what I suggested in my previous post was the forming of well regulated Militia, (which I never thought was necessary in my entire life until now),”being necessary to the security of a free State”, only for the purpose of being prepared to protect the constitutional rights of every citizen. Too many have already given their lives to protect and honor these rights.

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Ah Steffie.. Steffie… Why go for the Final Solution right off the bat. Just send him to one of the reeducation camps first.

See if Bernardine Dohrn can turn him. Imagine the political value of Limbaugh as a Marxist.

LegendHasIt on March 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Rovin on March 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Very true Rovin… These are historical times the likes of which I have never seen. You might be right with your suggestion, if so, count me in!

Keemo on March 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Here is what is both tragic and secretly satisfying about this whole thing –

And a big thanks to Obamunism: Enslaving our future generations one trillion dollars at a time.

Sweet_Thang on March 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I wonder why the Left never refer to Larry King as “that thief with the radio face” in the same way they like to call Limbaugh “that drug-addled corpulent lunatic”?

ddrintn on March 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM

“Who is Stephanie Miller? Have I missed something important?
Jeanie”

“Who is Stephanie Miller?”

Stephanie Miller is another failed “liberal” radio talk show host.

She was on KFI, the number one station in S.Cal and still failed to draw an audience.

“Have I missed something important?”

Nope.

DSchoen on March 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM

You got it wrong Ed.

Larry King handled the Stephanie Miller correctly EXACTLY right. He ignored her childish, boring statement. Exactly what Stephanie Miller DIDNT want.

Good job, Larry, dismissing that boring tool.

The Wall on March 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM

we are so lucky to live in a country that when you tell the truth people want to kill you.if a republican said this they would be under the jail not in it .when you goose steppers takeover then you can kill all us conservatives till then take your pills

wade underhile on March 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Larry who?

The last and only time I watched him was one time when he had Don Rickles on. And Rickles was right…this guy is a hockey puck.

Anyone remember when King spazzed on a flight because he thought the plane was going to crash…and nobody else thought that it was?

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 6, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Stephanie and Arianna’s forked liberal tongues make blood shoot out of my eyes.

Livefreeordie on March 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Moonbats on parade. But i don’t want to force CNN off of the air.

conservativecaveman on March 6, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Stephanie Miller would be a target of some nutcase for assassination if anyone knew who Stephanie Miller was.

Let’s start a new game. Where Who is Stephanie Miller.

In the meantime, George Soros continues to pull Da Bama’s strings.

DannoJyd on March 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM