Audio: Quote of the Day

posted at 10:00 pm on March 5, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

“The Power Line guys, the guys at Power Line blog have been stupendous, as have been the people at NewsBusters, and Hot Air, Ed Morrissey and some of the people at Hot Air.  There’s some oddballs there, but Ed Morrissey, Michelle Malkin, they have been great on this.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Come on, snoogums. Let’s make up.

MadisonConservative on March 5, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Make up? There’s nothing to make up, Madison. I don’t hold grudges. I’m just simply for truth and against error. And that right there makes me an enemy of a lot of people, including you. You rave alot about the truth but I don’t think you would know the truth if it hit you with a ton of bricks. And that in no way is meant as an insult, lol, although I know it sounded like one, lol. You’re just like I was before I got saved. Stubborn and resistant to changing the things in my life I knew I had to change in order to get right with God. Man, was I a tough cookie who loved my sin. I was no different than any other person I just hid it very well. But, He did it. God took me, and He transformed me. He gave me new desires for what is right, rather than for what’s wrong. He opened up the Bible to me it was like a light comin’ on God’s Word. And so, you see, I can’t hate you because I was just like you. I know you better than you think I do.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Allah is our oddball!! LOL! He is indeed.

O and Happy Alamo Day to all fellow Texans.

Go Davy Crocket!!!

~B

Brian on March 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM

BTW, he doesn’t “own” conservative talk radio–he’s under contract to them.

Jenfidel on March 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Let me start by saying that my argument isn’t with you Jen, it is with the people behind the scenes that control all the information that you receive.

The fact that he’s made himself a multi-millionaire doing what he does it the beauty of it.

I have nothing against somebody making lots of money. The question is do you have control over the money or does the money have control over you?

What is a “multinational billionaire?”

America is controlled, in reality, by a hundred or two hundred billionare families. You have multi-national corporations that are worth billions of dollars. They are the ones who own the news media. General Electric (GE) owns NBC for example. NBC (MSNBC) all that’s owned by GE – by General Electric. Disney! Another multinational corporation owns ABC and the ABC television network and so on. And I can go on and on listing… how multinational corporations own the entire news media in America, Europe, and the entire world. So they control all the information that you receive. Now, for the timid, I suggest you take the blue pill and stop reading now. I have chosen the red pill.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I know you better than you think I do.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM

That’s true. I think you know nothing about me at all. In fact, you know that I am a conservative from Madison, WI.

So now I’ll readjust my paradigm; you know two things about me.

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Wow, do you have some stuff we should read?

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Wow, do you have some stuff we should read?

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Whew…

MC has someone else to focus on…

(Internet Warrior sneaks out side door)

Mark Garnett on March 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I heard this while driing yesterday and I almost wrecked the car I started laughing so hard!

TheMightyQuinn on March 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Mark Garnett on March 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM

*grabs Mark by the scabbard*

GET BACK IN HERE!

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I think you know nothing about me at all.

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I know that you’ve got a conscience. I’ve got a conscience too. And I know God has given light to every man (Romans 2:15). The word conscience means with knowledge. No man can say he doesn’t know it’s wrong to steal or murder. That knowledge is written on your heart. My heart too. So I know that we have that in common. I know that about you. And I know there is not one just man on earth that does not sin. “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?” (Proverbs 20:9). If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and both of us are unable to make that claim, so I know that about you too. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). And just by communicating with you Madison and reading your posts I can see that you are no different than I was before I got saved. I used God’s name in vain. I lusted after girls. I was no different than you I just hid it very well. And I could go on and on… really, I am no better than you, just infinitely better off. Like two men on a plane, one is wearing a parachute while the other one is not. Neither is better than the other one until they have to jump. The only difference will be at 30,000 feet. And Jesus warned if we jump into death without him, we would perish. So, uh, I know more about you than you think I do Madison, or that you may care to admit. Thank you.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I lusted after girls…

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Tee Hee.

Montana on March 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I lusted after girls.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You’ve claimed to be female before…didn’t know you swung that way. Now I’m even more interested…

MadisonConservative on March 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Well… I seems to always be posting at the bottom of dead threads, but for what it’s worth, I read this blog for the odd balls (and snappy headlines)

bitsy on March 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I heard Rush say all that on the air and I immediately thought of AP. Heh. You just know Rush absolutely has to read the Dude posts. You oddballs rock.

Coronagold on March 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Typical.

apacalyps on March 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Umm. just for the record, I poked csdeven in a “hey you remember when…” sort of way.
Weight of Glory on March 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Yep. The past is the past. It’s time to learn from the mistake and nominate real conservatives.

csdeven on March 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM

A friend said Rush must mean AP because he left out AP on the short list

It can’t be. I think of AP as an extremely polite, reserved, and intelligent ‘harmless little fuzzball’ in the Rush vernacular, who sets himself up as a moving target in many threads for the sake of discussion

He never takes the cheap shot and he never plays power games which are very tempting to moderators

So the oddballs must be the other guys. I now suspect I am the oddball.

It doesn’t hurt

I am beyond pain

I will swallow my pride and keep posting because it is the odd ball that wins the game

At least Rush didn’t saw ‘gnat’. That would have really hurt. I am more than a gnat. I am at least a fly.

If Rush really targeted AP, I, mere insect, will rise up to join the swarm. Fear my germs

entagor on March 7, 2009 at 12:07 PM