McCain goes nuclear on Obama over earmarks: “So much for the promise of change”

posted at 2:50 pm on March 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

Speaking of guys wooed by Obama who haven’t rolled over the way we expected, here’s Maverick rubbing The One’s face in his pet issue last night. Normally I think this subject’s a political loser, but Obama’s hypocrisy about it is so egregious and public weariness of nonstop spending such fertile ground for a comeback that it can only help to remind them how much crap their money’s buying this time around. Starts slow, but stick with it. Things pick up around 3:00.

McCain’s amendment calling for the spending bill’s 9,000 earmarks to be stripped out was rejected today, predictably enough. And predictably enough, among the eight Republicans voting no were … Collins, Snowe, and Specter. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Isn’t this the guy that dragged Palin’s campaign down in November?

Archie Noble on March 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM

pseudonominus on March 3, 2009 at 3:35 PM

so go get the murderers…would abortion be murder 1? maybe manslaughter? 10-15 years for every woman? maybe 25-life?

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM

That’s the response when you realize something an opponent says can resonate with Americans: Making fun of him and telling him to go away. No rebuttal, just enough so you’re not silent.

At least ernesto argues on something more than a six-word insult.

amerpundit on March 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Most of the trolls around here are the hit and run variety, tossing out some glib molatov one liner and then bailing out. Weak.

I give ernesto points for at least having the balls to argue his POV in the lions den.

Sugarbuzz on March 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Abortion is murder, Ernesto
Abortion is murder, Ernesto
Abortion is murder, Ernesto
Got it?

Archie Noble on March 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Isn’t this the guy that wouldn’t let Sarah Palin take the gloves off during the last election? Oh yea…LOL!!! Like we care what you think now! This is so yesterday’s business!

sabbott on March 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Archie Noble on March 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM

then ill assume you’re in the 25-life for every woman committing the murder then…you seem more of a throw the book at’em type.

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Kyl was interviewed on Sunday, he tried to rationalize it.

PrincipledPilgrim on March 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM

This is a similar impression to the one I got from Kyl as well, when I called him before the TARP vote.

Like “I’m the adult in charge here, and think this is best.”

He lost my vote that day.

Otis B on March 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:33 PM
ill write to you what i wrote to patrick. if republicans came up with their plan for prosecuting and incarcerating all the women who have abortions maybe id pay more mind to rants like yours.

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM

What a silly argument. It’s not a rant. It’s what they do. Count all the parts. I am not sure what prosecuting those poor misguided souls who chose to abort will do. That has nothing to do with the pro-life perspesctive. What do you ernesto, think about counting the parts. Are you not able to answer? Can you not articulate your feelings withour invoking the pain of those women who have been led to believe that their lives would be ruined unless they shredded the life that grows within them?

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Will all 9000 of these earmarks get cute ARRA patches as well?

lorien1973 on March 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Do they feature cute little blue eagles?

Buy Danish on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Abortion is murder, Ernesto

Don’t have to repeat that 3 times but you have to answer Ernesto’s question:

I lived in a country where some time ago women get to go to jail for illegal abortions and a lot died due to the same thing. Was not a pretty place. Abortion is a dead issue and I don’t understand why on Earth conservatives choose to keep it alive.

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Abortion is a dead issue for those who are aborted. Abortion was originated as way of reducing minorities.

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:44 PM

So you have no problem supporting hypocrites. I guess we differ there. Anything else?

Let me know when JC is running, and what His platform is, and I’ll stop settling for hypocrites.

TARP was a choice between bad options. Regardless of your stance on it, today we’ve got a new Administration preparing to lock in multiple TARPs worth of debt, year-in, year-out, under rosy scenario projections, and your response is to tear down one of the few loud voices we have trying to build political opposition.

CK MacLeod on March 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

It would be a lot less contentious if the people could vote on the matter via their representatives at the state level.

WashJeff on March 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM

NOthing. A woman who aborts gets nothing. The abortionist gets the time. That good enough for you?

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Sweet evil Jesus. How did this thread turn to abortion?

MadisonConservative on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

We get sentimental of the evisceration of viable infant children. Call us hopeless romantics.

Great Leader Barry should settle the issue by participating in an abortion. Film him counting the body parts afterwards. He can hold up a tiny severed hand for the cameras.

What a photo op. Get the White House on the line, quick.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Bingo. Any Repubs who voted for the bailout and speaks out against the stimulus or spending bill is a hypocrite.

And my, there are a lot of them.

And earmarks don’t increase the spending they just specify how it is spent. The big problem with them though is the idea that the more perks/pork the congressman brings back to his district equals more votes.

popularpeoplesfront on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Did all these people come from kos?

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

In every abortion someone dies.

petunia on March 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

To late McCain, you had your chance to beat this guy during the campaign but you couldn’t bring yourself to go after him.

rplat on March 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

How…. Freudian… of a statement…

Abortion is a Dead issue…

And Conservatives choose to keep it alive…

Kinda like BABIES in the first place?

Romeo13 on March 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

MadisonConservative on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

im to blame, sorry.

i made the point that republicans running on cutting pork were basically bold faced lying…and used democrats as a contrast. democrats dont tell you they’re going to protect the sanctity of life…they dont run promising that. republicans run promising to cut pork and then even ron paul gets in on the action…i was just using the issue as a contrast and then everyone jumped down my throat about abortion not being “choice” (which was how i phrased it) that its murder. and there you have it, abortion being murder became the topic.

sorry, again.

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

McCain, just STFU. You had your chance and wanted to play patty-cake with Obama, now you want to shoot off your mouth.

Wade on March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Isn’t this the guy that dragged Palin’s campaign down in November? -Archie Noble

Cute.

No, this is the guy that idiots stayed home last 4 November so they could pat themselves on the back for being so “conservative”…
Never mind that said idiots helped elect Obama.

Boxy_Brown on March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

finally, someone who believes me. They count the parts. They make sure that they have all of “it”, by counting the parts. But it is not a baby.

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Assume what you will.

Archie Noble on March 3, 2009 at 3:50 PM

popularpeoplesfront on March 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM

No, the problem is that Earmarks bypass all the normal LAWS about how a Government contract can be let out… like competitive biding and such… and thus it is inherently ripe for abuse.

Romeo13 on March 3, 2009 at 3:50 PM

or the sanctity of your IRA, bank account, home, country or anything else for that matter.

The only thing sacred to democrat politicians is their sacred right to steal the American people blind, while in office.

Ask Barney Frank. Ask Chris Dodd. Ask Harry Reid.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM

But it is not a baby

Not any longer. But it was before the abortionist/butcher got to it.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I wish people would stop equating Conservatism with the Republicans. The two broke from each many years ago.
BierManVA on March 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I rank this as one of the most damaging aspects of the Bush administration. The majority of society now equates Bush’s domestic agenda with Conservativism. I cannot think of areas I agreed with Bush on domestic policies except for the 2003 tax cuts.
WashJeff on March 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Good point.

Except for Supreme Court justices and the tax cuts, there is precious little I agree with W on.

George W. was not a conservative.

ColtsFan on March 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Yes, same turd trying to bob to the top of the punch bowl again.

Wade on March 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Sweet evil Jesus. How did this thread turn to abortion?

Don’t ask me, ask Ernesto. But it seems that some people think that abortion is a winning subject. Anyway. The subject was McCain and pork and that he was right on his stance.
Some people don’t like to hear that he is right and that he was the first to scream against Obama’s stimulus bill calling it “generational theft”. Hec, he was not conservative enough for some people. And some still ask themselves how on Earth he lost Virginia and North Carolina. Because some of the conservatives stayed at home.

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM

No matter how much you dislike McCain, his statements are true. Obama is a liar, and the biggest farce this country has ever seen. My husband ask me this morning what I wanted for my up-coming birthday, I sincerely responded “no more Obama”. I wish there was some legal way to get rid of the man, four years of this? Makes me gag to think about it, seems like it has been ten already, and we’re only into the third month, God help us.

Susanboo on March 3, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Don’t ask me, ask Ernesto

You have to excuse Ernesto, childrens minds wander.

Wade on March 3, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I wish there was some legal way to get rid of the man, four years of this?

Even I didn’t think this guy would be this bad. He’s a complete and utter disaster. We can’t get rid of him soon enough, agreed.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Wade on March 3, 2009 at 3:58 PM

i work on it…really! :-)

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Never mind that said idiots helped elect Obama.

Boxy_Brown on March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

myrenovations on March 3, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I would (am I am sure America will as well) prefer that the GOP and conservatives give a clear, concise alternative to Barack Obama’s plan instead of nit-picking on earmarks.

1). People are more concerned about the markets, the financial and housing industries, and the generation of new jobs.

Simply shouting more tax cuts (especially for businesses) do not work. There should be clear, concise arguments made by McCain, Jindal, Steele, and Rush as to exactly what tax cuts need to be enacted and how that will affect most Americans.

Also, talking about earmmarks and pork-barrel spending (as McCain is doing here) is ineffective. How does this directly affect me? Would the reduction of earmarks and pork-barrel spending actually create jobs for me? Increase my 401k? Help me with getting a house?

That needs to be clear. Otherwise, don’t bring it up.

2).The GOP and conservatives sound like obstructionists with this focus. Instead of me hearing “McCain offers alternative plan to Obama” or “McCain is working with financial industry experts/officials” I here McCain “blasting Obama”.

Not helping the President, me, nor any American find a job / reduce volatility in the market/ etc.

These attacks are backfiring. The GOP’s image looks more and more like Nader’s and Paul’s image everyday. Fringe group yelling and not in touch with the problems we are facing.

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Simple question: What pro-life advocates have you heard suggest this? Please name me one.

shick on March 3, 2009 at 4:07 PM

McPwnage.

pleaseandthankyou on March 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM

If you make something illegal you have to have a fitting punishment for it. And if you make abortion illegal and define it as murder you have to have a punishment fit for the crime. You can’t have an illegal act that is not punished somehow. In my native Romania the punishment for illegal abortion was jail both for the woman that had it and for the person that helped with it.

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Not helping the President

Not helping?

Helping what, help him build the handbasket?

He doesn’t want any help. Remember, “I won”.

His corrupt and incompetent jackass dwarves in the Senate and the House, won’t allow Republicans to contribute or debate.

This is the Democrat’s screw up. They own it.

Try this. Name me ONE ELECTED Democrat who has anything positive to contribute to a recovery and tell me why.

Nancy Pelosi? Harry Reid? Barney Frank? Chris Dodd? Barack Obama? John Kerry? Please.

Which one has built and run a thriving business?

The Democrat Party has no one with the knowledge or skills to get us out of this mess. No one.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

This idiot voted for him. And made phone calls for him. And went to the rallies for him.-myrenovations

Then you are not an idiot. It amazes me though, that there are still people out there who are so brain dead that they can continue to pat themselves on the back for helping to elect a full on socialist because they consider themselves “conservatives”. How is this working for conservatism?

Boxy_Brown on March 3, 2009 at 4:17 PM

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I think you are in Massachusetts or if not New England. It is hard to keep on track here (I am in RI) with all the comrades surrounding us.

Wade on March 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Are you freakin kidding? Where the hell have you been the last 8 weeks since His Majesty assumed the throne?

Conservatives have offered every sort of precise tax remedy from reducing the capital gains tax to demolishing the “mark to market” rule.

You and your ilk will have a helluva lot more to worry about than your next house or job if Barackos plans become reality. You’ll have time to worry about the loss of your freedom and liberty and the socialist swamp of misery your children and ours will inherit.

These attacks are backfiring??? No they aren’t. More and more people are seeing what is happening to our great nation under the disguise of hopenchange.

Fringe groups my conservative a**. How about getting a clue.

kooziegirl on March 3, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Wow, I just linked to the Steele/Rush make-up phone call article on the H/A homepage, and it sent me to CommunistNewNetwork’s site. The bloggers there are really informed, let me tell you! They are calling Steele and Colin Powell and every other black Repub all kinds of names, saying they were just in office because they are black, all as they talk about how the Democrats brought equality to blacks, and Republicans were the KKK! Ha, guess they don’t realize that their buddy, Sen. Byrd was the head of the KKK, and that their party fought against black rights in our Congress.

What do these idiots think Obama is to the Dems? He is just a figure head who got elected because people were afraid to vote for McCain because they would be called racist. Dems had to nominate the first black president to show how much more in touch they were than the Repubs, with their old white guy. Goes back to what this thread is talking about, Obama lies and says stupid things that he did not mean, just like he did in the election, because he is not qualified and does not understand what is going on. At least McCain meant what he said, that’s how I see it anyway. Right now I really wish we had that old white guy instead of this idiot!

Susanboo on March 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Yeah, well you ain’t in romania, anymore. Get it? You are in America – so get with the program.

bloggless on March 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Not helping the President

Not helping?

Helping what, help him build the handbasket?

He doesn’t want any help. Remember, “I won”.

This is the Democrat’s screw up. They own it.

Which one has built and run a thriving business?

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Since I want to stay on topic, let’s assume everything you said is 100% true.

How is McCain rattling on about earmarks actually doing ANYTHING for his cause, the GOP/Conservatives, or America in general?

As I have said, all I hear is McCain “blasting Obama” and saying things like “This is change you can believe in?”

That sounds like bickering and sneering to me.

AGAIN, where is the GOP/Conservatives plan to get us out of this mess?

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:25 PM

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM

You, my dear, do not understand how the economy is tied to everything, they are all related, the stockmarket, your 401k, your new house loan, spending in congress, earmarks.

We, as taxpayers have to pay for all those earmarks, whose pockets do you think all that spending comes out of?

Susanboo on March 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Seems to me, the Republicans said they would vote for actual “stimulus” in the “stimulus Bill”. They would work with Obama to do so.

They asked him to get Pelosi to separate out all the social spending, earmarks, etc., and give them a clean stimulus Bill to vote on.

He didn’t do that.

So now we have a bloated piece of crap, that increases spending so much that it obviates any possible stimulative effect of the spending.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM

No need for this kind of superiority. I just tried to explain that you can’t have a crime without a punishment in a judicial system. So if you make something illegal (no matter if its abortion, drinking, stealing, etc)you need to have a punishment for the illegal act. That’s all. If you can change that its ok.
And by the way, when romanian people went out on the streets and got rid of the communist regime, among the things they asked, besides free elections was legal abortion.

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Cute.

Never mind that said idiots helped elect Obama.

Boxy_Brown on March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Not ‘cute’, just reality.

Most of us begrudgingly voted for the dem lite maverick BECAUSE of Palin. She was the only one on the ticket that was a conservative and had the onions to take on the MSM and Obama.

HornetSting on March 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM

That sounds like bickering and sneering to me.

Ohhhh, I get it, you’re just worried about conservatives…thats so nice.

kooziegirl on March 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Susanboo on March 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM

As I have said, and I will repeat, most people do not see the link between earmarks and 401k’s or jobs.

I get it. Less earmarks equals less need for spending equals less need to tax equals more money for businesses equals more money in the marketplace equals a better overall financial picture.

But MOST PEOPLE DON’T. They here earmarks and see wasteful spending in one small area. Barack Obama EASILY counters with a DIRECT reference to jobs, education, healthcare, etc.

This is akin to arguing about a cell on a spreadsheet when you should be looking at the entire page.

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM

So answer this:
Did more females die trying to obtain illegal abortions, then were aborted?
Your attempt at making illegal abortions immoral, is pathetic when compared to the lives that are taken by abortion.

right2bright on March 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I see you ignored my earlier answer to your question, so I’ll post it again.

He didn’t do that.

How much attention did that get?

The media completely ignored it.

Republicans will get NOTHING for working with this inept incompetent, except kicked in the groin.

If they do help, he’ll claim all of the credit and do everything possible to minimize their participation, if things go well.

If anything goes wrong, they’ll get blamed.

That’s how Barry rolls.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM

If he would have spoken like this during the Campaign he might be Pres today…

DL13 on March 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Trillion dollar spending sprees is not looking at the whole page?? Wow, do you realize that Obama has spent more in his few months in the presidency than all other presidents combined? You are blinded by your hate for Republicans! Our children will pay for all this crap!

Susanboo on March 3, 2009 at 4:59 PM

NYC :-)

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM

NYC :-)

ernesto on March 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM

SUX :>)

HornetSting on March 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM

This is not the John McCain I knew. The John McCain I knew was not passionate and only got cranky at other Conservatives.

Mr. McCain, my friend, I appreciate your comments and passion, I thank you for your dedication to American, but you jumped the shark eight years ago.

cannonball on March 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Did more females die trying to obtain illegal abortions, then were aborted?

I don’t attempt to do anything. I don’t evan try to say that abortion is moral or imoral, I simply can’t understand the fixation about this issue. I just stated some things from my own experience and dared to say that abortion is not something that can gain votes for the conservative movement or the GOP. It’s a sacrad cow for the conservative base but it’s a looser with more moderate voters, with women in general with young people. If the ideea of banning abortion would be so popular South Dakota wouldn’t have overurned on november ballot the ban imposed by the state congress. And South Dakota is not a liberal state as far as I remember. And of course you have to answer the judicial question:if you make abortion illegal what is the punishment for it? But who cares about such small things.

clemycali on March 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I know I should listen to the Mav before commenting but I don’t listen to John McModerate anymore. EVAH! So let me just say to the Senator, IT’S YOUR FAULT DIPPITY.
I feel better……..

JeffinOrlando on March 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I see you ignored my earlier answer to your question, so I’ll post it again.

He didn’t do that.

How much attention did that get?

The media completely ignored it.

If anything goes wrong, they’ll get blamed.

That’s how Barry rolls.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Incorrect. The bill was never supposed to be JUST stimulus. That’s why it is named the “American Recovery AND Reinvestment Act”.

Everyone here can point to a portion of the act THEY feel won’t do enough to fix the economy right now. The bill, however, was not meant to just stimulate the economy for six months and then fall flat like the previous administration’s tax rebates/cuts.

INSTEAD, the Act voted into law is meant to work on a variety of sectors of society that need help right now.

In case you haven’t noticed, job losses are still happening. That’s why unemployment benefits are in the act.

Your beloved tax cuts for individuals AND businesses are in the act.

Expanded healthcare for people who need it NOW is in the act.

You mean to tell me that out of all of the good items in the act the GOP/Conservatives couldn’t vote for the bill because less than 3% of it they disagree with?

Let’s get serious.

ckoeber on March 3, 2009 at 5:42 PM

presidential McCain showed up six months too late….

jcrue on March 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM

It is TOOOOOOOOO LATE senator!

You had a great pick in Sarah. You should have become the prez, but, somehow you found The One to be handled with kid gloves. See what you did?

OneConservative on March 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Pigs, in descending order

Entelechy on March 3, 2009 at 6:56 PM

“American Recovery AND Reinvestment Act”

It should be named ADDA, the American Devastation and Destruction Act.

Entelechy on March 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Gots to have that pork.

Guess McCain, as well as a couple of news columnists are finally beginning to wake up.

GarandFan on March 3, 2009 at 7:23 PM

why is anyone surprised by this?
obama LIES he is a laywer and all laywers LIE for a living..

Sheesh come on people its just like social security
forget about it its gone..
your moeny was stolen get over it..

jcila on March 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Oh it’s alive. And it will be on your new electronic health record for your entire life. Instead of trying to forget a procedure you may have done at age 18 you get to see it again and again for the rest of your life. You can’t change doctors or move to another town…there it is on your record. It follows you. Like that stack of money you could be saving if you had switched to geico.

Rockygold on March 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM

This is a good time for Michelle’s “switch to decaf” comment.

chunderroad on March 3, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Your beloved tax cuts for individuals

For individuals who don’t pay taxes.

AND businesses are in the act.

The ones that haven’t gone out of business, due to the idiocies the Democrat Congress has been passing since 2006 and the further idiocies that our idiot President has been proposing since he unfortunately took office.

The bill was never supposed to be JUST stimulus.

Super, because unless it was supposed to stimulate a market crash, that part is hard broke.

In case you haven’t noticed, job losses are still happening.

Really? Could that possibly be because business owners have realized that our political leaders, Democrats most, are completely hostile to business and it’s getting worse?

Our recovery begins the moment Barack Obama is thrown out of the White House on his ass.

NoDonkey on March 3, 2009 at 7:47 PM

“I have to tell you that he (Obama) is a decent person and a person you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States.”

– John McCain 10/10/08

Hey, Senator McCain. Hate to say ‘we told you so’ but……

Barrack on March 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Until Snowe, Collins and Specter are publicly thrown out of the party the Repubs have no chance of a coherent policy that will attract others.

John McCain can rant all he wants. It’s just hot air. Snowe, Collins and Specter will make certain that he/we have no voice.

Throw them out now. Mock them in the public square. There has to be a line that can’t be crossed.

patrick neid on March 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM

right2bright on March 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Pathetic and ignorant.

Leftists are forced to steer the conversation about abortion away from the issue of killing human beings so any port in a storm will do. They cant bear the reality of it. Now that I think about it leftist libtards are emotionally retarded to the point they cant bear reality period.

Rockygold on March 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Yep they will have to deal with that decision their entire lives and that fact has little to do with electronic records.

I know several women now in their 40′s who still regret their decision to abort their babies over 20 years ago. Even now one who is a dear friend compares her precious children to the first one she never knew. Its sad to watch someone go through this kind of hell on earth. There is no way to hide from the fact that she killed her own child.

kooziegirl on March 3, 2009 at 9:23 PM

why is anyone surprised by this?
obama LIES he is a laywer and all laywers LIE for a living..

jcila on March 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM

But we are supposed to believe Baracko is the only politician to emerge from the swamp of Chicago politics with integrity intact. Right.

kooziegirl on March 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM

PARTIAL LIST OF DOCUMENTS THAT BARACK OBAMA REFUSES TO RELEASE -. OBAMA’S SECRECY AND “CLOSED RECORDS” POLICY
Indonesian Passport – Not released
Application for U.S. Citizenship (as former citizen of Indonesia) – Not released
Immigration Records – Not released
Illinois State Senate Records – Not released
Law Practice Client List – Not released
University of Chicago Scholarly Articles – None

searcher484 on March 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

LOL!

Easydoesit on March 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM

But it seems that some people think that abortion is a winning subject.

I’ve been pro-choice (propagandized) most of my life. Abortion will go the way of slavery and generations from now people will wonder how anyone could do it, let alone legalize and pay for it. It will need a very large holocaust museum on the Mall.

That is, of course, assuming the Obama administration is destroyed.

ex-Democrat on March 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Back on thread-topic:

Isn’t McCain up for re-election in 2010?

He’s just making campaign ads.

He is a JOKE. Don’t forget McCain-Feingold, and the worst, that gang of 16 or whatever it was that was put together to cave to Dhimms on SCOTUS.

And then there’s his TARP vote….the ONE TIME during the election campaign, when it’s ALL on the table—-the maverick—–votes for the biggest wasteful, lying, pile of manure in American history.

He’s just trying now to hold on any conservative challenger for his Senate seat.

And yeah, I voted for him her. Sarah is still my girl.

ex-Democrat on March 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Too little, too late McCain. You were tepid when you ran against him and now you talk tough? Where were your balls then.

Ernest on March 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM