CPAC Interview: Rebuild the Party

posted at 9:54 am on February 28, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I missed posting this yesterday, but we had a good conversation with Rob Willington of Rebuild the Party. The new group aggregates news, coordinates grassroots efforts, and help gain new leaders better exposure. Along those lines, RTP hosted a party last night headlined by Governor Tim Pawlenty, who was in fine fighting form. He told the crowd that Republicans won’t win elections by becoming Democrats, but by converting Democrats:

Rebuild the Party currently has this video on their website:

And I’ve got bad news for Massachussetts; I met the other Republican here at CPAC this morning.

Comments

A good morning chuckle! ;o)

katy on February 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Rebuilding the party? Another month of Obama and the Dems will be re-thinking their situation. Frankly, I don’t care about the party, I want Americans to stand up for their country. I want my country back. It had better be the Republicans that stand up for their country and they better start doing it soon. The Evil Maine Twins and Specter had better start manning up very, very soon. We should not be able to tell who is a RINO, ever. I am tired of “free thinkers”. They need to think about how to get freedom back.

BetseyRoss on February 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Lol, Ed. You look like a muppet in that photo.

Buddahpundit on February 28, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I’ve been holding back Ed, but it’s been a couple of days now. Good lord, you need to change that shirt. A hawaiian shirt would be a massive improvement, for Christ’s sake.

MadisonConservative on February 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Looking kind of blurry there, Ed. Are you feeling ok? :)

mikeyboss on February 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I enjoyed the video from REBUILD THE PARTY (as also your talk, Ed, with fifty-percent of the Republicans from Massachussetts).

Lourdes on February 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Elections are not won on the left or the right, but in the center. Republicans need to learn this if they want to start winning elections.

Tinian on February 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Looking kind of blurry there, Ed. Are you feeling ok? :)

mikeyboss on February 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

HE WATCHED THE TAPE :p

(If you don’t get my reference you need to watch more Japanese horror movies.)

Tinian on February 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

This is a misconception and it’s the reason we lost last year. Elections are won by the person and party who are able to persuade the most people to vote for them. Ideology, conviction and sincerity are strengths, not weaknesses.

Cylor on February 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM