Video: Olby and Garofalo salute Michael Steele’s racial “self-loathing”

posted at 12:00 pm on February 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via the ‘Busters. Nothing new here — just the TV equivalent of those blackface photoshops the nutroots barf up periodically — but it’s interesting to watch the smear go mainstream on the left’s flagship “news” show. Watch the whole clip and see for yourself what passes for Murrow-esque journalism on MSNBC: A D-list actor treating Rush Limbaugh to armchair psychoanalysis about his alleged self-loathing and how women who find him attractive aren’t terribly unlike Eva Braun. (Fun fact: Not only has Garofalo admitted to hating herself in interviews, she actually named her production company “I Hate Myself.”) The segment ends, naturally enough, on a note of demonization so nasty and sweeping that it would warrant a 17-minute Special Comment if it came from someone on the right towards the left. But then, that’s always been the irony of “Countdown.” The ersatz Howard Beale, railing nightly against demagogues like O’Reilly, slips effortlessly into the most grotesque demagoguery himself so long as it “means well.” Anyway, enjoy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Ok, I actually watched the whole video– good lord, they both actually said at the end that conservatism is “authoritarian”!!! Geez! I don’t even know where to begin…

Pasalubong on February 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

That is actually the key to understanding a liberal. They y do really believe this. This is what gves them the rational to cheat,lie and steal nd not feel bad about it. Afterall they are defending us from fascist(in there own mind).

kangjie on February 27, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Be careful, MadisonConservative and his “pal” Allah will hunt you down and talk nice to you…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I’ll kill ‘em w/ kindness, and put flowers in their gun barrels.

I wish I was at a Tea Party.

ornery_independent on February 27, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I remember when Allah used to be cool . . .

Back in the day, Allahpundit was a hilarious site that I’m sure had the guys over at CAIR had their sheets in a knot over.

I can just imagine the fun the cool Allahpundit would have with B. Hussein Obama.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Amazing what “Hope & Change” can do for once Conservatives.

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I couldn’t get past the 2 minute mark. I kept having this gag reflex thing going on when Olby was tlking and I darn near threw up when the Bowler came on. I had to stop it for health reasons.

Torch on February 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM

yeah that Olbermann really books tough guests on his show. The only debate they have is whether Bush is stupid, a criminal, or criminally stupid.

Hilts on February 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM

How old is she? I thought she was somewhat a young person. She has more wrinkles than a 60 year old.

She’s 43.

Just think for a minute about all the venomous old lefty ladies with tatoos that are going to be everywhere in 30-40 years.

Ick.

Kensington on February 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM

conservatism is “authoritarian”

Its modern variation often is. There’s a reason why a state like Kentucky is considered red and is run locally by Democrats. It’s not like the residents of that state are torn between Republican low taxes and Democratic gay marriage. They vote for “infrastructure” and “education” as well as against gay marriage and so on. In short, they are definitionally authoritarian.

radiofreevillage on February 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM

What’s new here? The fact that white liberals – Garofalo; Olberman, it doesn’t matter – would viciously attack blacks who don’t need them is nothing new. White liberals need blacks to need them. They believe that without them blacks cannot succeed. The fact that Michael Steele succeeded without them, and is a conservative to boot, is enough to drive them even more nuts than they already are. Especially brain-dead loons like Garofalo and Olberman.

RMR on February 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM

What a skank.

godhelpus on February 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I finally decided to continue watching, after a bit of thought in the same direction. And her character is actually fairly decent; a Chloe-wannabe with self-esteem issues. No one was more surprised than me that she didn’t drag the show down.

hindmost on February 27, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Totally agree. Her character is useless. Their is no point to her being there, other then being “the FBI’s special needs Chloe”

No personal attacks in the comments, please. Don’t give them an excuse to play the victim.

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Thanks for the passive-aggressive ultimatum Holmes. why don’t you do a makeup post bashing Palin, Jindal, Fred! Thompson, Mitt Romney, and suggesting we might take a second look at Huckabee. 500 comments easy.

That woman is a piece of trash! Her tats are disgusting! I was pissed that she is on 24. Thought that Southerland had better taste. She is a joke and a man hater. I love Rush and I am a woman. I don’t believe that bogus poll. Screw you Gina….

sheebe on February 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I read her Playboy interview linked above. She has serious issues. I actually kind of feel bad for her…

liquidflorian on February 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Every time I see Garafolo on 24 I cringe. But she’s acting rather well and her character isn’t to annoying. I love Cloie’s character and can’t wait for her to dish it out to Garafolo. YOU KNOW IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN!

shick on February 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM

RMR on February 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Exactly. The real racists always have been people like Garofalo and Olberman. I can see them now…”Yassuh, you black folks need us white folks to show you the way to the promised land. Don’t you worry yourselves none…the guvmint will take care of you. Ya can’t make it on your own…Them nasty ol’Republicans will try and keep you down but we’ll take care of you. All ya gots to do is vote for us.”

The Republican response…”Buck up, stay in school, study hard, work hard,take care of your family and you can make it.” Doesn’t have a chance against the racist libtards.

sdd on February 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM

OMG, this was comedy. It is so surreal that these two chowder heads are psychoanalyzing anyone. This was like Twilight Zone, is there anyone left at MSNBC with a brain?

msmveritas on February 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Is Janeane really outlining the type of women that she most resembles?

Maybe a little self-reflection is in order, Janeane.

Otis B on February 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM

7:43 of projection by two classic libtards.

BTW Jeannie, since you are such a hater, let me offer this bit of snark: next time you appear on TV, shave the ‘stach beforehand.

Mallard T. Drake on February 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM

You’re nothing but a bitter loser who couldn’t handle losing. Yes, there are others like you. The rest of us dealt with the fact that we lost, and moved on without turning into ODS-stricken, desperate, win-at-all-costs mirror images of the people we’ve been loathing for the last 8 years.

You took an opportunity to be just like them and embraced it. Go ahead and tell me that Ronald Reagan or William Buckley would have acted with that kind of vitriol, bile, and hatred. Prove to me how far you’ve drifted from their ideals.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

No friend, you just refuse to see the country for the socialist spending machine that it has become in less than a year.

So when Obama has you and your atheist buddy Allah on your knees worshipping him, maybe you’ll take a sec to think back at all the people that tried to point out the blatantly obvious to you that you refused to believe because you’re either a coward who doesn’t want to fight for his freedom, apathetic, or just plain stupid.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 2:59 PM

What there is of the looks is going fast and then no one, even other lefties, will give a hoot in hell what these old spinster battleaxes have to say.

They’ll be prattling onto their cats about how cool they were back in the roaring 90s. And the cats will be bored.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Those two liberal idiots do more for the conservatives than they will ever know. What piece of S**T losers.

bladegripp on February 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

If Olby wanted to find out why a larger portion of women don’t like Rush, why didn’t he ask a woman?

74impala on February 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

OK, here is what I really don’t get. Geneane Garafolo is the only woman they can call on to discern what women really want in a guy? WTF?! She’s a head case when it comes to relationships and sexuality. Is she the “progressive lefts” go to girl for this kind of thing? I find it difficult to reason why her? Her body of work and personal life in no way exhibit anything that would make a person want to seek her out for relationship or sexual advice.

liquidflorian on February 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Wow. I found that offensive.

El_Terrible on February 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 2:59 PM

You say atheist like it’s an insult. It’s not.

Call me anything you like. You’re a disgrace to conservatism if you sink to the level of the Kos kiddies, DUmmies, and all the rest of the lefty wacko fringers.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Here’s what guys DON’T want in a girl.

Head case, mouthy skanks.

Which is what this silly dingbat is continually alone.

Yeah, sure I want to trust my wallet and my children to some morally and intellectually bankrupt jackass like Jeannie, where do I sign up?

Please. Most guys I know aren’t interested in ruining their lives on the installment plan, that’s what getting wrapped up with a dimwit like Jeannie does for you.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

They don’t need an excuse, they’d play the victim the first second they saw the post if they even thought it would get them a single 5 second passthrough viewer. Whore-afalo can’t even get work right now because she doesn’t have material. What makes you think she wouldn’t use your post to play the victim the second you posted it?

Allah, guy, start thinking outside of the box. You’re not dealing with human beings. Olbermann is not a human being. He’s an animal, a filthy, dirty animal that can’t control his twisted filthy thoughts, he just rambles and rambles just to have a reason to be pissed off an scream incoherently, or trash Palin during a football game.

That wasn’t a personal attack, it’s the truth. Olbermann has yet to prove otherwise.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

You’re not dealing with human beings. Olbermann is not a human being.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Huh. ODS apparently progresses into hallucinations.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

You say atheist like it’s an insult. It’s not.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Then it’s not worth commenting about is it? And from my perspective, being an athiest is an insult. It means you lack the basic human instinct of faith.

I call you how I see you, I don’t care what you think you want to compare me to in order to gain the support of all of the mindless morons that happened to get lucky enough to get a wordpress account during open registration. So go ahead, compare me to Dkos and all those other libtard sites if you want to, I’m not the jackass taking the liberal love up the anus with a smile. Grow a pair, coward.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Huh. ODS apparently progresses into hallucinations.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I guess you have to have some half-ass rebuttal to make up for your lack of comprehension.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I like at the end where she says she is a btter person than Rush as a scientific fact. Is anyone aware of such a thing a proving scientifically one person is better than another. The truth of what happens at the end is Garofalo starts diverging into a rant about how bad conservatives are and gets to a point where she has to sum up her argument (loose use or term) and goes not left or right but up and grounds her anger in “scientific fact”. Seriously I have heard this woman talk about drinking too much (Pretty much admit alcoholism) and the tattoos tell a story of someone who is trying to find their own soul and seems to think it exists somewhere in extreme liberalism and environmentalism. Someone else mentioned she is a lost soul and that is pretty much what is on display here. The rant about Rush trying to find himself is complete projection. Garofalo is trying to find herself and not succeeding as you can see by the end statement that she state unequivacolly that she is grounded and Rush isn’t. You would never hear a truly grouded person say “they” were grounded when talking about someone else’s “supposed” psychology.

Conan on February 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM

It’s incomprehensible to me that anyone, especially their own ‘type’, being Liberals/Progressives, could actually listen to that Twilight Zone exchange between Olbermann and Garofalo and take it seriously! Talk about two totally disfunctional human beings, they actually believe that what they’re saying is important to the rest of the world.

By the end of the ‘interview’ I was reaching for my cane, partly to balance myself after shaking my head in disbelief so frequently, but also partly because my jaw had dropped so often to practically floor level that it threw my balance out completely….

If these two are prime examples of the Obama supporters who would attempt to run this country on liberal principles, then we’re in bigger trouble than even I could imagine. Yikes! ;-}

KendraWilder on February 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Was that meant to differentiate you? If so, it did the opposite.

I’m also glad to know you look down on those with no faith. As there are quite a few of them that vote, it’s a great attitude.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

“How old is she? I thought she was somewhat a young person. She has more wrinkles than a 60 year old”.

Drugs and booze

Nuf said

DSchoen on February 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I liked the video. The only things that could have made it better were if Ru Paul was the guest and if Olby would have spittled just a tad bit more…other than that – perfect! Next week I imagine he’ll use sock puppets and talk derivatives & the market with Joaquin Pheonix.

Ital79 on February 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Oh that’s cute! MadisonLiberal spins? Whodathunkit? I’m entitled to my perspective of you, just like your like-minded friend, Hitchens, is entitled to his perspective to those of faith.

You’re a prime example of what the Gipper was talking about, A nation goneunder.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Yeah, because the Gipper would be denying human beings are human beings, and the Gipper would be talking about liberal love up the anus, the the Gipper showed as little class as you.

Always the irony. You’re a disgrace.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Always the irony. You’re a disgrace.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Always the spin, you’re the disgrace.

Tell me, what’s your purpose in life?

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Why does Jeannie hate conservative men when all of the men who dicked her over were lefties?

I mean, unless she’s going to tell us anyone who was conservative was stupid enough to date a skank like her.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Tell me, what’s your purpose in life?

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Pissing off fundie morons who hate anyone who disagrees with them ideologically or spiritually.

I seem to be serving my purpose.

So, are you saying that Reagan would say all the things you’ve said that I mentioned above?

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Let me chime in here with my worlds.:

G*d has blessed the world with Jack Bauer and Chloe O’Brian. Dammit, why did Chloe need competition on the hot geek chart?!?

Thank you.

HotAirJosef on February 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Since you lack the ability to read between the lines, allow me to break it down for you. For a human being to be considered a human being, they must have the following:

*The ability to reason
*An erect body with a spine/the ability to walk upright
*Opposable thumbs

Obviously there are other proprietary characteristics (I had to say this so you didn’t run around spinning everything like you normally do, since spinning is your primary argument tool) of a human being, but I focus on these. Since Olbermann refuses to display any reasoning ability, I cannot consider him a human being. Therefore, I equate him with an animal, as he lacks the ability to reason, much like you (spin that). If you can’t understand this, that’s your problem. Don’t get upset with me because you got the short end of the stick on intellect.

Second, I have my own set of terminology. So no, the Gipper would never have said anything about “taking liberal love up the anus”. So yes, he would have said it different, but meant the same thing. If your widdle feewings got hurt, I’m sorry. Does Daddy need to break out the tear cup because your widdle ears heard some wordy dirds?

You haven’t put up a single supportive statement in any argument you’ve made today. All you’ve done is throw out argument fallacy after argument fallacy, and you’re upset that someone’s finally calling you out for the idiot you really are.

Come back when you actually have something to say.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I seem to be serving my purpose.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

So you’re not even taking the question seriously because you didn’t even give me a serious answer.

To that respect, by not answering the question, you’re stating that you have no purpose in life. So why are you still living. Logically, it makes no sense that you’re still alive.

Funny how you atheists continually hid behind logic, but fail to abide by it.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:05 PM

*The ability to reason

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Plenty of humans reason fallaciously, like you. Still reason. The same reason that idiots like Garofalo and Olbermann mangle.

It’s easier for you to peg political opponents as inhuman rather than deal with them? Hmmm…where have I heard that kind of reason before…oh yeah!

And, yet, the evidence that Bush is inhuman is starting to pile up beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Keep it up, pal. You’re a bitter loser, and you’re too scared to hold any real principles.

And to your second post, I’m not an atheist. You are, however, a fundamentalist fool that gives Christians the bad name that atheists exploit.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM

If Jeanaeane is a female, I suspect that 90% of the males in America have not been drunk enough to find her attractive enough to be seen with her.

I suspect she has several boy toys that run on c cell batteries.

seven on February 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

And you’ve argued that the human beings in the video above aren’t actually human beings, and neither am I, despite being on this site, conversing with you, and holding probably a majority of the same political views as you, albeit in a sane, non-deranged manner.

You are a disturbed demagogue, nothing more. You’re classless, obtuse, and purely insulting. You have no interest in bringing people around to how you think, merely to berate them for thinking that way. You feel this will somehow shame them into admitting that you are right, which pretty much falls in line with the approach lunatic fundamentalist cultists like you use when attempting to convert people by calling them pagans, heathens, devils, evil etc.

Keep it up. It’s great entertainment.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Real minorities and women can’t be Republicans or conservatives.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Come back when you actually have something to say.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

leetpriest, MadiCon needs attention, affection, and some direction in life. Maybe the chimp owning woman in Connecticut is looking for another mate. You said it all. The only thing to add is you go guy!

As for J Garruffalot, what a sad woman. Her beaten mule-ish appearance and demeanor are surpassed only by the black hole of emotional need that requires her to cling to the pathology that defines liberal fascism.

Nearly quit watching 24 with her in it, didn’t think I could take the high gag factor. Finally decided it wasn’t worth throwing out Jack Bauer to avoid gagging. We limit our exposure to her on screen.

No one could ever take Chloe’s place anyway.

Chloe: cool. Jeannine: uncool to infinity.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Sorta on-topic…an excerpt from a Newsmax article by Tammy Bruce from 2003:

For me as a feminist, there’s nothing more frustrating than watching the destruction wrought by the leftists who have hijacked the feminist establishment….The last piece of recent drivel regurgitated by the feminist establishment is the supposedly new and improved Ms. magazine. It’s neither, by the way. On the cover of the Summer 2003 issue is Janeane Garofalo (where are they selling this tripe? Mars?). Garofalo is featured in a story with “Susan Sarandon, the Dixie Chicks and all your favorite free speech stars.” Really? They’re not my favorites. They’re not the favorites of the majority of feminists or anyone else in this nation. Is Ms. finally simply trying to prove how desperately hypocritical and out-of-touch the feminist establishment really is?

And here’s a blog worth visiting, if you like “Smokin Hot Commentary” by a gun totin’ woman (Cassy Fiano)

“Janeane Garofalo: Hey, we should jail all Republicans!”

money quote:

GAROFALO: First of all there is no evidence to support that the current incarnation of the Republican party, hyphen conservative movement, has any tethering to decency, kindness, tolerance, open-mindedness. What do they stand for? Torture as a policy. They stand for homophobia. They stand for no reproductive justice. They stand for denying global warming.

FUND: So what should we do? Jail them?

GAROFALO: That would be great!

BTW, how the hell does HA already get this specific post returned in a Google search for “Tammy Bruce” Garolfalo?! It was only posted like 4 hours ago!

/jealous

ornery_independent on February 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Keep it up. It’s great entertainment.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM

MadiCon, isn’t this what you really meant to say?

I am a disturbed demagogue, nothing more. I am a classless, obtuse, and purely insulting. I have no interest in bringing people around to how I think, merely to berate them for thinking that way. I feel this will somehow shame them into admitting that I am right, which pretty much falls in line with the approach lunatic fundamentalist cultists (like me) use when attempting to convert people by calling them classless, obtuse, and purely insulting.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM

My reactions to this clip ranged from “more of the same” to astonishment and outright laughter at the level of sheer arrogance, projection, and non-self-awareness.

JimC on February 27, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I am thinking to myself that there’s no real Olbermann equivalent to the conservative side. O’Reilly is too populist and Hannity is too much of a broken record. I think the only one that comes close is Glenn Beck.

Andrew Wilkow should have his own TV show.

eaglescout1998 on February 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM

No. What you quoted was exactly what I meant to say, and it was right. I didn’t bring religion into this. I didn’t call people cowards because they don’t jump on the ODS bandwagon. It’s especially ludicrous for said person to talk about reason when he is letting his emotion drown his reason by denouncing his political opponents as “not human beings”, extending to conservatives who simply don’t share their derangement.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM

FUND: So what should we do? Jail them?

GAROFALO: That would be great!

Really?

And who’s going to herd us into the cells, Jeannie?

Dried up has been skan ho sticks like you?

Good luck on that, ya old bat, you.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Does the spin ever stop with you? So instead of dealing with your political opponents, you bend over and take their ideology in the rear in the name of……peace? What kind of McCain, Graham, Specter, Snowe, Collins type of RINO are you?

I’m a bitter loser because someone on the internet said I was? Cute. Incorrect, but cute. Ooooh! You’ve got that “fundamentalist” catch phrase in there too, ain’t that just dandy. Pathetic.

You’re a fallacious troll, nothing more. You’re incompetent, crass, cowardly, and a traitor to Conservative principals.

But you’re right about one thing, I have no interest in bringing people around to how I think. There are many reasons for this, but mainly, I don’t care if you damn yourself to hell, that’s your problem, stop trying to make it mine. If you don’t want to have morals or the appropriate ideology, It’s your problem, not mine. So why don’t you go back to opposing every Christian belief that you possibly can, then claiming that you’re not an atheist.

Keep it up. It’s great entertainment.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM

And you know this by my passing a few stray TCP packets in HotAir’s direction eh? This gives you ultimate insight into the every aspect of my soul, huh? Impressive. Keep up the spin/baseless argument, it’s great entertainment.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Andrew Wilkow should have his own TV show.

eaglescout1998 on February 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Yes, Glenn Beck is the only one we can count on to ask difficult questions, then sit back, shut up and allow his guests to either humiliate themselves or bring honor to themselves via the answers. And Beck doesn’t let them get away with saying crap that we all know are lies.

I would have agreed with you re O’Reilly being a populist a few years ago. Now I think he is nothing more than an eye-popping opportunist who constantly uses the term “the folks” to make people think he actually gives a fat damn. O’Reilly is a P*SSY.

Have you ever watched any of O’Reilly’s interviews. They are usually a joke. I’ve never seen so much soft peddling, so much equivocating. Now he’s competing with Beck who has a spine and testicles and the damn fortitude to ask hard questions which none of the journalistas have done for years. That includes Hannity too (refuses to ask difficult questions) in my opinion.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM

No one could ever take Chloe’s place anyway.

Chloe: cool. Jeannine: uncool to infinity.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

So does every comedy venue in America, which is why she’s starving for work.

See, that’s why I watch 24′s less entertaining carbon copy, Prison Break. No Gore-awful-o, and at least 3/4 of the suspense still left. Although this last season did kind of suck.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I’m not a RINO, you nitwit. If you knew a thing about me, you’d have seen me lamenting McCain for months as a RINO, along with his girlfriend. I deal with my opponents without mentally reducing them to animals, as only a seriously deranged with hatred person like you would.

You’re a bitter loser because you’re calling people who agree with you cowards because they aren’t as sore a loser as you, and you’ve realized you lack the maturity to get over a loss, making you no better than Gore 2000 and Kerry 2004 supporters with their “Post-Election Stress Syndrome”. Cry me a river.

It’s principles, and please tell me which ones I’ve been a traitor to. Gun rights? Nope. Borders/Amnesty? Nope. Abortion? I hold the same opinion as Fred Thompson on that issue. Global warming? I see it as false as any of you. RINOs? For months I was at war with people who said “Shut up and vote for McCain”, while I pointed out all the ways he was liberal. The bailouts and stimulus? Hated all of them, and got pissed at Paul Ryan for sticking up for the bailouts. Iraq War? Supported.

So where exactly am I not conservative, you fringe-dwelling little lunatic? Tell me that.

So you just like insulting people. Glad you admit it. I actually try to get people to reconsider their positions. Good, now we have where we stand straight. You: troll. Me: debater. Oh, and please cite where I’ve opposed Christian beliefs. Opposing fundamentalist crazies like you and St. Olaf isn’t opposing Christianity, it’s opposing cult factions of Christianity’s outer rim.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

As I say above, I’ve dealt with sanctimonius little twits like you for a while. You’re nothing new.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I had a whole diatribe ready to go on this, but I can barely listen. Olberman, or as I like to refer to him Dracula or the angry mortician, is the idiot Jeanane Garofolo claims Rush is.

I am a Christian woman FOR (Fan of Rush) and it seems to me that the self-hating is coming from JG and KO and not from RL. Yeah, Rush. Love ya. Jeanane, get laid (and not by a chick).

gemchick on February 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM

There is nothing more racist than a liberal confronted by a minority who is conservative. It would put the trashiest redneck to shame.

Speedwagon82 on February 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

And with that, I finish this worthless conversation. You, and those like you, are mirror images of the radical left, and your seething hatred of those who don’t rage as much as you hurts the entire conservative movement.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I imagine as a… former liberal turned conservative, veteran, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-capitalism, pro-military, anti-green movement, Yes on Prop 8, self-loathing lesbian… Garafolo would have a field day with me.

I remember the last time I saw her do stand up was at the Long Beach Civic Center in 1999 and even back then, her bitterness was starting to annoy me, not to mention the self-congratulatory audience. Mind you, this was 2 years before I made my full transition to conservatism, which she and other liberals like her actually helped to push me further towards.

I still adore many liberal celebrities but I swear some of them, like Garofalo, love to swim in their misery and imaginary conspiracies like no other people I know. For my own sanity though, I found that I just couldn’t hang around with people like her anymore. All they want to do is drag you down with them. People like her can kill a dinner party quicker than turd in a punch bowl.

There’s a fine line between cynicism and psychosis and unfortunately, it looks as though Janeane has lost the battle.

I’m now happier and more at peace than I’ve ever been and there’s simply no going back.

While I myself sleep very soundly at night, I imagine liberals like Janeane lie awake for hours fretting over how big their carbon footprint is. Or more specifically in her case, how many calories were in that Starbucks Venti Caramel Machiatto.

Theirs is a miserable existence.

The Ugly American on February 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM

“How can a woman with tatoos up and down her arms, who has never had a serious heterosexual relationship, who identifies herself as a self-hating narcissist, be taken seriously defies logic.”

Those are tatoos? I thought she was wearing a long sleeve, tie die blouse.

Also, I’m sure Mary Lynn Raskub appreciated Jeanine announcing that Rush suffered from self loathing. Nice touch, Jeanine.

ncjetsfan on February 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Theirs is a miserable existence.

The Ugly American on February 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Kudos to you for making the transition from lunatic liberal-land to conservatism. It’s a tough road, I’ve been down that path myself.

I said earlier that I believe liberals are black holes of emotional need. They assume others are as vacuous and empty as they themselves are and I believe they utterly viscerally despise those who are not just as empty.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I can’t do it. I can’t watch that goof. Then you throw garagalo in there too. sheeeece.

oakpack on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Incredibly, once upon a time I thought Jeanine Garofalo was kinda cute. Maybe she was at one time, but wow has she gone downhill fast.

ddrintn on February 27, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Damn boy, you really are one seriously angry little fellow. Let it all out, sweetie, let Daddy catch them tears in his little cup.

Gay Marriage? I sat and watched you run your mouth on Allah’s Prop 8 thread a while back and take a fat piss on everyone that disagreed with you, using the term “fundamentalist” to describe people. Basically the same shit you’re doing here. It doesn’t work with me, moron. I WILL fight back at you.

Wrong again. Me=Debater, you=fallacy mill.

Ahh, opposing people that consider every word in the Bible to be truth is your style? Yeah, gotta hate us “fundamentalist crazies” that actually believe in the Bible. This way it makes you look good in front of your homosexual friends that keep telling you that Christianity and homosexuality is 100% compatible. You keep your “non-fundamentalist” ways, they seem to be scoring points for you with the world…..since the world is whom you seem to care about impressing.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Quoth Willy Wonka

You lose! Good day, sir!

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Methinks if thou wants to look upon the winner of the sanctimonious twit award on this blog, perhaps thou should’st focus thy gaze on the nearest mirror.

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I’ve heard this before, Nancy, Harry, Chuck, Charlie, Barney, Berry, and Joe all said it first. At least try to be original, MadisonLiberal.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I remember seeing the ghastly Garofalo way back in the 80′s on MTV when she was actually the age she pretends to be now.

It was spring break Miami and she was telling this story about how she saw this girl in a thong being held by the ankles by a bunch of frat boys while sucking on a beer bong. She went to the punchline by saying “…and I think we’re heading for a brighter tomorrow”. The joke totally fell flat since it went right over the heads of the college audience that they were being pwned, but I broke out laughing.

It’s been all downhill from there.

yubley on February 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Did you forget Bill (the manskank) Maher?

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Once upon a time, a very long time ago, I actually thought she was kind of cute and I was bummed when she turned out to be such an idiot. Now she looks like she has really slipped deeply into mental instability. All the tatts and the pasty look. I wonder if she does that to herself so junkies will be attracted to her. Even mentally dysfunctional, self loathing pigs want to be loved.

peacenprosperity on February 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM

With that resume I’d like to have ya in a field or I mean have a field day with ya. Are you fit and do you ever come over to the other team?

peacenprosperity on February 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

kooziegirl on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Yup.

I love the story she tells in her 1997 HBO special about the rich, white, teenage girl talking ghetto street slang in an upscale Aspen CO bakery while her straight-laced parents looked on in horror.

Something we can all relate to.

The Ugly American on February 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I didn’t know MSNBC had a show with two female co-hosts gossipping about people more successful than they are.

aikidoka on February 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM

From her tattoos to her smelly underbelly she is no one to comment with integrety about being appealing.

wepeople on February 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I’d venture a guess that MSNBC gets more views through Conservative blogs than from the TV. I just can’t bring myself to watch Olberman. And it sounds from the written intro that the other one is worse!

Christian Conservative on February 27, 2009 at 7:39 PM

How perspicacious….. NOT!

libertylady on February 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Oh my dear ms. garofalo. The surest sign of self hatred would be the ungodly amount of ink that is polluting your body. Is your soul that dirty too>?

Gulfcoastconservative on February 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Undeniable Truth #24: Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.

She’s aging really well!

Rusty Shackleford on February 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I’m going to be banned for this, but I think I’ll say it in code…. FU©K YOU, YOU NASTY, HAIRY, NON-SHOWER-TAKING, WASHED-UP, STINKY ©UNT…YOU ARE A WASTE! Oh, and that applies to both Janeane AND Olberdouche.

MsUnderestimated on February 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM

What a greasy skank.

And Garofalo is totally disgusting, too.

ItsForTheChildren on February 27, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Does this mean any white person who supports Obama is suffering from Stockholm syndrome?

The irony of Olberman refering to Limbaugh as a comedian… I hope Olberman doesn’t refer to himself as a journalist.

metrygirl on February 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Garofalo-claims to hate herself, that probably because everyone that comes into contact with her also hate her. She is the epitome of the four letter word for a female ending in _unt.

Ergo, even with her tats and inflated ego (where she wants to make people think she has something to contribute to society) I wouldn’t let on the buddy seat of my scooter. Watching her I’ve drawn the conclusion that she’d be on her back for a quarter and give you change from the coin changer on her belt.

Likewise, Olberman (O’tobeaman) needs to turn himself in for a lobotomy so he can get over himself. He also must stop slobbering over Garofalo and just get in line. He is the perfect example of an early withdrawal, because he is missing a considerable amount of gray matter.

These two appeared to be humoring themselves because they were not entertaining anyone else.

MSGTAS on February 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Janeane is right, there must be something wrong with me, i actually used to be a fan of hers.

clearbluesky on February 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I used to like her. I even tolerated her over-the-top rants against war in Iraq. But watching this, she begins to seem repulsive.

I guess I’ll follow her lead and take a stab at psychoanalyzing someone I’ve only seen on TV, without any background or training in psychoanalysis. (Yeah. That sounds like a good idea.)

Apparently her low self-esteem and self-loathing have driven her to hate everyone who disagrees with her politically, and that hate has twisted what used to be a fun and attractive person into the troll we see in front of us.

There. By Garofalo standards of proof, it’s obvious she’s been permanently discredited.

This, on the other hand,

OH lol I should’ve listened to the clip before commenting. Garofolo’s comments on Rush were spot on and hilarious.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

is just pathetic. You actually watched that without feeling embarrassed for Garofalo?

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on February 28, 2009 at 1:25 PM

The “self-loathing” thing is interesting. Way back when Michelle Malkin was on Hardball with Chris Matthews and Olbermann was a guest, they actually talked about how she was “self-loathing” because she had written a book that was somewhat anti-Japanese. Apparently, being classified as Asian, she was expected to love everyone else who could be classified as Asian.

These 2 geniuses apparently couldn’t figure out that a lot of Asians had particular reason to resent the Japanese, since they had brutally occupied parts of China, Korea, and the Philippines. These 2 geniuses thought racial identity was supposed to trump everything else.

And they still think that way.

I think you can put this down as another datum corroborating the theory that liberalism is a mental disorder.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on February 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

This is objectionable. But I don’t see how it’s any different than the daily comments here asserting that blacks vote democrat because they are “held hostage” by the liberal welfare state. Both assume blacks are simply incapable of voting rationally based on their personal preferencesprejudices.

crr6 on February 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

And you were sooo close!

No, the reason blacks generally vote democratic, is because they learn from an early age that they’re being oppressed by white people. The Democrats encourage this, and imply they will do something about it. The Republicans … don’t.

Voting Democrat is part of the black identity. Even though the Democrats are the liberal party, and many black people are more conservative, so that black people voting Democrat are actually voting against their best interests. The most obvious example of this is the fact that vouchers for education are popular in the black community, but their chosen leaders will never allow it.

But that’s liberalism for you.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on February 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM

You’re not dealing with human beings. Olbermann is not a human being.

leetpriest on February 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Huh. ODS apparently progresses into hallucinations.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

ODS? Obama Deification Syndrome?

That seems to fit your statement.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on February 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Kinda ironic two people who have less popularity than Rush critizing Rush…. I think it may be jealously that Rush has more listeners and makes more money by those means than they do.

kthomas8268 on March 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I need a tetnus shot just after looking at Gar-awfullo.
Maybe I will go ask the local crack-Ho for advice now.

RobCon on March 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM

He is an unappealing person

Wow. Look in a mirror, Janeane.

The Monster on March 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM