Video: Olby and Garofalo salute Michael Steele’s racial “self-loathing”

posted at 12:00 pm on February 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via the ‘Busters. Nothing new here — just the TV equivalent of those blackface photoshops the nutroots barf up periodically — but it’s interesting to watch the smear go mainstream on the left’s flagship “news” show. Watch the whole clip and see for yourself what passes for Murrow-esque journalism on MSNBC: A D-list actor treating Rush Limbaugh to armchair psychoanalysis about his alleged self-loathing and how women who find him attractive aren’t terribly unlike Eva Braun. (Fun fact: Not only has Garofalo admitted to hating herself in interviews, she actually named her production company “I Hate Myself.”) The segment ends, naturally enough, on a note of demonization so nasty and sweeping that it would warrant a 17-minute Special Comment if it came from someone on the right towards the left. But then, that’s always been the irony of “Countdown.” The ersatz Howard Beale, railing nightly against demagogues like O’Reilly, slips effortlessly into the most grotesque demagoguery himself so long as it “means well.” Anyway, enjoy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

When the DemocRATS political

You do know that when someone use phrases like DemocRATS or Rethuglicans that a lot of folks just don’t read the rest of the comment?

SteveMG on February 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

No personal attacks in the comments, please. Don’t give them an excuse to play the victim.

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Wait…this is the Internet, right?

WisCon on February 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Does anybody else remember when Garafalo was just that insecure, kinda-cute girl that was in a decent movie now and then?

DaveS on February 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Yup; I had a mutt-crush on her back in those days. That ended a loooooooooooong time ago.

Kensington on February 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

As on the other thread. It never ceases to amaze me how liberals are able to convince themselves that they have a monopoly on caring and open mindedness.

MarkTheGreat on February 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

guitarguy on February 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Her “hate” comes from another place.

christene on February 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

guitarguy on February 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

And her first words in that clip were, “I have no self esteem left, I’m basically a beaten man.”

I know that’s what I always looked for in a women; a dour, self loathing attitude mixed with masculine references and a deep voice. Wronged by a dude? No, more like dudes running as fast as possible from a the female version of Morrisey; probably not the funnest date ever.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

simple name-calling, without any basis or reference to fact. Why, oh why does it remind me of a teenage girls’ sleepover trashing of the head cheerleader? (No, I wasn’t peeping, I had sisters!)

stonemeister on February 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Whats funny about this comment is that I just know if she heard it/read it she would go apoplectic. Garafolo was truly that head cheerleader hating beta female you describe.

Zetterson on February 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Rush Limbaugh still has a successful radio program, yes?

Didn’t Garofalo get out of the radio business (The Majority Report on Air America, if memory serves) because she couldn’t handle interacting with other people on the radio?

So, *she* is somehow qualified to critique Rush Limbaugh?

That’s akin to a kid who crashes his bike into a curb, and then claims Lance Armstrong “isn’t so great, anyhow.”

DarthBrooks on February 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

This idiot named Keith Olbermann, who cannot control himself when he speaks about conservatives. His guest, Mickey Mouse (Garofalo) is beyond distasteful. Here is a site to comment on OLBERBOYY….

Liberals by virtue of their ideology, are unappealing and unattractive. Check out the site and comment!!

afotia on February 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM

My way would defeat yours on HA, 10 to 1 I bet…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

your way is outside the establishment. typically the establishment fails, due to temerity.

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM

a the female version of Morrisey

Hahaha… no doubt she thinks the Smiths are “the only band that matters.”

Pasalubong on February 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM

@ mark and m.c. …

There is a WIDE gap between “refusing to fight” and “fighting dirty” — u would both do well to acknowledge it …

Buckaroo on February 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Stand up guy.. Defend K. Parker and Janine Garofalo,..

Sarah Palin.. not so much..

DaveC on February 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Must be nice to be so brilliant.

Mr_Magoo on February 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Olby and Garofalo salute Michael Steele’s racial “self-loathing”

Since their may be minors present I will have to speak in “code” to present my professional psychoanalysis of this whole matter. Both this Olby and this Garofalo striking out at this Steele fellow presents as classic a case of “cigar” envy as I have ever seen, if you follow me.

Sigmund on February 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM

DarthBrooks on February 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I mention that, and yep she has “sour grapes syndrome”

I have a cool handle therefore my opinions are valid.

Back in sarcasm mode

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Buckaroo, I tried I really did, but only made it about 5 episodes in. The show just made me angry. Between the crappy President, imposter ATCs causing commercial airliners to hit each other in midair, once again a mole in a high-ranking position and incredibly scripted coincidences, I just couldn’t take it anymore.

StlDad on February 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Pass on the video,..pretty sure I know how it plays out,..
1st liberal,…bla,bla,bla,hussein is wonderful, I’m wonderful, conservatives are racist.
2nd liberal,…bla,bla,bla,hussein is wonderful, I’m
wonderful, conservatives are racist.

If I missed anything,..I’ll live.

christene on February 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM

The only thing you missed is them bragging about their small carbon footprints. And for the record, I’ll bet JG has a bigger footprint than Olby….just sayin.

TugboatPhil on February 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Not watching the clip…you can’t make me…you lost me at Olby AND Garofolo

HawaiiLwyr on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Sarah Palin.. not so much..

DaveC on February 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM

are we eating Allah because he ate Sarah? Ironic, dontchathink?

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Thank you, but Allah and Madison don’t seem to get it… The way we have done things in the past has cost us dearly, the future of our great Nation is at stake. Obama today, in frount of our Military, said again, he WILL for a Civilian Defense Force, as well funded or better then our Military.

Does this worry anyone? Maybe we should just go outside, forget it and play nice with the bully in the playground, while he beats the shit out of us…

Nope…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

The best things about Garofalo are 1) her father is a staunch Republican/Conservative old-school guy and 2) she went off the deep-end because ABC canceled a unaired sitcom of her’s right after 9/11 after the whole Bill Maher blowup. She honestly believes the Bush Admin via ABC whacked her program because of her political views, which at the time, no one but her was actually aware of.

It’s the greatest case of victimization next to her soulmate, Franken. She destroyed her own career and has never been able to deal with it. When I hear her go off like this, I honestly feel bad for her because it’s apparent she’s spent many an hour looking back at all the opportunities she’s subconsciously destroyed because of fear of mainstream success. It’s a combination of typical comedian self-loathing and hitting her forties. If Obama’s reign goes south, I don’t know what she’s going to do.

budfox on February 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM

TugboatPhil on February 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM

No I think it was her butt print that was bigger.

Ignore the above as it might be construed as a personal attack and not a valid observation.

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM

You have your instructions, black America.

Jim Treacher on February 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Do liberals have NO CLUE how mean spirited and hateful they are? If a conservative suggested that Keith Olberman was unlovable by a woman, they would be crucified by the MSM. Rush’s pompous act is satirical, but libs couldn’t find satire if it was poking them in the rear while they sat on it.

Here we have Barack Obama having his name stricken from pork in the Ombibus Spending disaster to try to cover his tracks on earmarks, and the libs want to spend all this time suggesting that conservatism is so invalid that you must be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

When libs start looking with a critical eye at their own elected officials the way Rush and Sean and, especially, Glenn Beck hold Republicans to the fire, than they will have more latitude from me. Did Olby spend even one second on the outright lie that there are no earmarks in these spending bills (porkulus and omnipork)? Glenn Beck spent a good portion of last night’s TV show taking Republicans to task and naming names for the 40% of the pork that comes from the GOP.

The difference? He did it without saying they have mental disorders. The left has no valid fact based arguments so they have to resort to name calling.

PastorJon on February 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Loved the “there’s something wrong with them,” referring to conservatives, as she shows off her arms filled with grotesque tattoos.

Golden Boy on February 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i completely agree. but, resisting the status quo is dirty work, and we wouldn’t want Allah to change his own oil. Schmutzig

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

With all the newbies? Maybe.

With the original people who’ve been here a while? Nope.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Dear Ms. Garafolo, you are a putz.

I am a proud conservative woman who listens to Rush. I would never fall in love with a guy like Tookie or Mumia or the countless other convicted murderers, rapists, pedophiles or tax cheats(oh, forgot, they don’t go to jail, they get cabinet posts)that those on the left seem so enamored of.

It seems to me that both you and Keith have a little problem with projecting your own mental disorders onto those who see through the empty tolerance and support of choice that liberals claim.

I am not the one who feels compelled to disfigure myself or shrilly disparage those with whom I disagree.

So, I ask you in all sincerity for your own sake, STFU.

Jvette on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Golden Boy on February 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM

grotesque is right. freakshow.

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

On NCIS this week, the agents were helping an artist who had found a uranium mine protect herself against an evil corporation who was trying to get mining rights.

That was standard boiler plate, the part that got me was how the woman found out about the uranium deposit.

She used local soils to make some of her paints. She made one of the paints, that was used in one of her paintings from soil just outside an abandoned gold mine. Turns out the soil was rich in uranium ore. She hung the painting on the wall, and in a few weeks, the radiation from the painting made her sick. Her doctor even diagnosed radiation poisoning.

These morons in Hollywood, actually believe that almost unmeasurably small amount of radiation that would have been coming from this picture, was enough to make a healthy woman, several feet away sick, in a matter of weeks.

MarkTheGreat on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Too late, jerkwad, I’ve already reported you.

Oh shi….look what I’ve done….now I have to report myself.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

When the DemocRATS political

SteveMG on February 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Is this kind of knowledge your only area of expertise?

wtng2fish on February 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM

A narcissist that struggles with self loathing?
Eh? How’s that work? Is it a time share?

Count to 10 on February 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Dear Ms. Garafolo, you are a putz.

Personal attack.

Consider yourself under arrest.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM

The epitome of racism. Two crackas talking about how a black man self identifies. Only in leftist world!

NTWR on February 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Blackberry uses ridicule to quell resistance. What is funnier or freakier than liberals like Garfolo? Our task is easy.
Fire Olby; hire Howard Stern!

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Nope…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.
- George Patton

MB4 on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

The other thing about this pile of crap that she just spewed, is that even libs are going to start seeing it as hateful and many of them have conservative friends and KNOW they aren’t idiots, narcissists or jerks. My boss is an unapologetic liberal and yet I truly believe this stuff will at least cause him to turn off MSNBC, if not liberalism, because he knows his partners and conservative employees are not what this D-List proof that conservative women are more attractive says they are.

PastorJon on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Oh thanks! Now Allah Pundit says I have to write a 5 page essay on “Why Kathleen Parker is the hottest and best reporter in the US and how she would only be happy with AllahPundit” or I will be banned.

This is gonna talk a while

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

“StlDad on February 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM”

2 hour ep. this week — give it one more try!
:-)

Buckaroo on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Somewhere, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, John Chancellor, and even Tim Russert are shaking their heads at what NBC News has become.

kingsjester on February 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Who are these two people? Are they the media hacks that some wish death upon?

Vince on February 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I’m so sorry I watched the video and listened to two self loathing, narcissistic liberals.

I take exception to her analyzing anyone and then describing the women who do like and listen to RL as the kind of women who like/marry prisoners. She is so devoid of intelligence that she can’t believe anyone could have an alternative opinion to hers. She gives women a bad name – she’s the reason the term “femi-nazi” was coined.

Olberman is just a cretin, period. In this economic crisis that the Messiah reminds us of daily, I’m shocked that money keeps getting thrown down the hole of ignorance and intolerance.

BTW, I’m still waiting for Garofalo to crawl cross country on broken glass. Remember she said that she would do this if Bush was re-elected. So she’s not only intellectually and emotionally devoid, she’s a liar to boot! I’d provide the broken glass if she’d do it.

sorry, outside of Nancy Pelosi I’ve never had such a visceral dislike of someone as much as I do this so called woman (who thinks she speaks for all other women)

off my soapbox

ladyhawke53 on February 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM

This may sound crazy, but with a really good scrubbing and a serious makeover, Garofalo wouldn’t be half bad-looking. I guess I’m a glass half-full kind of guy.

Travis Bickle on February 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Is this kind of knowledge your only area of expertise?

Go ahead, ask around and see if my “expertise” is in doubt.

SteveMG on February 27, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Olberman is just a cretin, period.

Personal attack.

*wrestles you to the ground with a sleeper hold*

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM

ladyhawke53 on February 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM>>>

you sadist! lol

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Travis:
You have way too much in your glass!

Vince on February 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM

- George Patton

MB4 on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

and everyone said, A-men!

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Travis:

Mickey Mouse ears on Garafolo might improve her look… but the only real accessory that would make her look good is a bag over her head.

afotia on February 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Nope AP says “5 pages on why Sarah Palin is not fit for the office of Dog catcher let alone Vice-President”

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

This is gonna talk a while

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I’ve heard he’s fussy with his food
And eats his breakfast in the nude
Is he robust? Or very pale?
At least we know he’s male!

They say he’s nearly eight feet tall
And yet quite graceful…all in all
Is he a dolt? He’s very deep!
Oh, KP please date AP and you will both be losing sleep!

PercyB on February 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM

It takes all kinds of mouthpieces to appeal to all kinds of people. The Left embraces all of their spokesman and the right chastises all of theirs. If posting on this site hasn’t taught anything else, none of us agree on anything 100% of the time. The interesting part is who accepts the differences and who tries to destroy the decenter.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Delusional, nasty, wrongheaded, nutcase… he’s a perfect match for Ann Coulter. Why hasn’t this happened?

Constantine on February 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Keith Olbermann and Janeane Garofalo. Now that’s torture.

SoulGlo on February 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

You two are getting off easy, and no that isn’t some sort of sexual innuendo personal attack against you, so don’t even bother getting upset or threatening to report me.

I heard that a poster once had to burn a Bible while chanting “I’m descended from a lizard!” in penance for a simple, offhand comment against atheism. Allah can be a cruel master.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

@ mark and m.c. …

Buckaroo on February 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Tae Kwon Do taught me that it doesn’t matter if your opponent fights dirty. If you a a skilled fighter, you don’t need to waver from your training to defeat even the dirtiest of fighters.

I’m not against getting some good shots in, as long as they’re above the belt. Many here have dispensed with class and are kicking for the groin.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:17 PM

are we eating Allah because he ate Sarah? Ironic, dontchathink?

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

meh

DaveC on February 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Is he talking about the wrong KP.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I love how Liberals can say whatever they want about us……”you know Michael Steel, that Black Guy…..”

Free Pass: She is a Liberal, and she can do no wrong.

Dpet on February 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Garofalo:

First of all, Rush Limbaugh is an unappealing person.

And Garofalo should know. Janeane looks like she just emerged from soy milk induced stupor after participating in a 24 hour drum circle.

moxie_neanderthal on February 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Garofalo went from a cute, talented, charming actress in her early movie set in Ireland “The Matchmaker” to a squamous sideshow geek.

And she is criticizing others?

profitsbeard on February 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Wow thanks for the warning, I guess I will keep my “Atheists will burn in hell while being lovingly embraced from behind by Barney Frank look alike demons and be forced to sing the praises of Karl Marx for all eternity” comments to myself.

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Some day Olby AKA the bathtub boy will get everthing coming to him.I can,t wait.

thmcbb on February 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh….are you insane? Allah has spies everywhere.

Just walk away slowly and disappear into the crowd.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM

How old is she? I thought she was somewhat a young person. She has more wrinkles than a 60 year old.

Is she getting ready for her next act as a freak at a circus? All of those tattoos on her arms are not pleasing to look at. Maybe that is why there is so much money in the stimulus package for tattoo removal.

cjs1943 on February 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Putz was not a personal attack, rather a statement of fact.

putz – (Yiddish) a fool; an idiot
Yiddish – a dialect of High German including some Hebrew and other words; spoken in Europe as a vernacular by many Jews; written in the Hebrew script
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap – a person who lacks good judgment

so tell me where I’m wrong.

Jvette on February 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Golden Boy on February 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I’m not defending her in any way, but this guy and I disagree with your feelings on tattoos.

SouthernDem on February 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

afotia on February 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I would like to add that having a bag over your head, too. That’s in case her bag falls off.

cjs1943 on February 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Putz was not a personal attack, rather a statement of fact.
Jvette on February 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

If it hurts someone’s feeeeeeeelings even if true it is still a personal attack.

Or so I learned in my anti-white male studies class

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM

*sigh*……he didn’t call him an idiot. Within 15 seconds, I simply clicked this off.

I’m toast with people who misquote.

When Rush does that, btw, I turn him off, too. They are all guilty of it.

AnninCA on February 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Rush just needs some ugly-ass tattoos.

hepcat on February 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM
With all the newbies? Maybe.

With the original people who’ve been here a while? Nope.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

So us newbies are less qualified then you “old timers” as Conservatives… Nice… And he calls me a self centered jerk… Hummmmm, me thinks he’s wrong… The newbies aren’t burnt out old has beens that have lost the fire in the belly to fight the beast… Maybe you should just move over and let us lead for awhile, you guys have things pretty fouled up atm with your Dem-Lite and get along mentality.

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

LincolntheHun on February 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh….are you insane? Allah has spies everywhere.

Just walk away slowly and disappear into the crowd.

Bishop on February 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Don’t look conspicuous, it draws fire and irritates everyone around you.

Murphy9 on February 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Everytime I see Olbermann and Garofalo together, I have a hard time figuring out which one is the female.

It happens every time.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM

SouthernDem on February 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

You are right. I don’t want or need his 19 – 20 inch arms around my 16 inch neck.

cjs1943 on February 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Garofaloku:

Listen up, black folks
If you don’t think like I do
It’s just self-loathing

Jim Treacher on February 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I finally decided to continue watching, after a bit of thought in the same direction. And her character is actually fairly decent; a Chloe-wannabe with self-esteem issues. No one was more surprised than me that she didn’t drag the show down.

hindmost on February 27, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Give her time, we’re not even halfway through the 24 hours.

PatMac on February 27, 2009 at 1:37 PM

OH lol I should’ve listened to the clip before commenting. Garofolo’s comments on Rush were spot on and hilarious.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Ya kind of thought you were out of your element on your first comment.But i will fear not for i know you will soon enlighten us with your idiotic reteric once again.

heshtesh on February 27, 2009 at 1:37 PM

he calls me a self centered jerk…

I wonder why? Oh yeah:

burnt out old has beens that have lost the fire in the belly to fight the beast… your Dem-Lite and get along mentality.

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

You’re nothing but a bitter loser who couldn’t handle losing. Yes, there are others like you. The rest of us dealt with the fact that we lost, and moved on without turning into ODS-stricken, desperate, win-at-all-costs mirror images of the people we’ve been loathing for the last 8 years.

You took an opportunity to be just like them and embraced it. Go ahead and tell me that Ronald Reagan or William Buckley would have acted with that kind of vitriol, bile, and hatred. Prove to me how far you’ve drifted from their ideals.

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Has Garofalo produced her MD and Psychiatry licenses yet?

Ah…a self-educated woman….

ladyingray on February 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Anyway, enjoy.

How could I not?

An impotent lunatic who constitutes the bulk of MSNBC’s ratings, and a hideous, tattooed lesbian whose career is basically down to doing voice-overs, who between them might be able to muster 1/40th of Rush’s audience on a good night, talking about how nobody like Limbaugh.

Priceless.

Rush loses more audience during a top-of-the-hour news break than they get all night.

greggriffith on February 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Thanks.

I think I’ll pass.

pabarge on February 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Via Wikipedia:

Dreaming of earning a slot on the writing staff of the TV show Late Night With David Letterman, she became a professional standup upon graduating from college with degrees in history and American studies. She struggled for a number of years, working briefly as a bike messenger in Boston. Garofalo is quoted as having disliked life in Houston due to the humidity, heat, and emphasis on prettiness and sports in high school.

I didn’t see anything about a degree in psychology, or professional experience in the field. Instead it seems to me like she’s just projecting.

Olberdouche on the other hand is just his usual immature, giddy a-hole self.

BayCon on February 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Don’t look conspicuous, it draws fire and irritates everyone around you.

Murphy9 on February 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

and, we know the old guard can’t stand the heat. i’m with Michael Steele, “get out of the kitchen”. We’re making witches brew! Watch out Hillary!

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

the new republican party is Salem-redux. welcome to the future!

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM

“We will move it away from the personal here…”

LOL Does Olberdumbass know how ridiculous he sounds? Why does NBC let this dope spend 10 minutes psychoanalyzing a radio host? Is there no real news anymore?

Speedwagon82

It’s because all he has left to talk about is Bush and Limbaugh. People will get bored of that very quickly though and his ratings will likely plummet as he struggles to come up with any new to say.

I do think it’s hilarious when any of these talking heads tries to take the moral high ground when talking about a talking head on the other side. They are all the same. They say outlandish things in an attempt to get attention from sources outside their own “news” room. Maybe they weren’t loved enough as children.

Benaiah on February 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM

the new republican party is Salem-redux. welcome to the future!

anti-boomer on February 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I must be one of those stoopid, traylor park trash peopel.

Can you explain this comment?

Jvette on February 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

That woman is a piece of trash! Her tats are disgusting! I was pissed that she is on 24. Thought that Southerland had better taste. She is a joke and a man hater. I love Rush and I am a woman. I don’t believe that bogus poll. Screw you Gina….

sheebe on February 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

It’s easy, neither and both.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Garofalo is one of the main reasons I stopped watching 24 this season.

hindmost on February 27, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I completely disagree. 24 has sucked for at least a couple seasons now, and Gangreane Caroilio makes it unwatchable. What the hell is it she’s doing with her lips in every scene anyway. Methinks she’s got too much filler in there, or something. She should blowdry her pits before her scenes too…she’s not doing anything to be sweating like that. Someone please light a match to kill that smell.

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Oh right. Maybe, like me mammy used to say, we should “kill ‘em with kindness”!

Excuse me while I puke. The American Dream is being murdered right before our eyes, and we should surrender?! Submit?! No, we should take the gloves off and and defend our freedoms, or lose them forever.

I will not submit.

ornery_independent on February 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Roger that MC…great post. Garnett is further evidence that the fundamentalist right = the fundamentalist left. Both groups are un-American IMHO.

dakine on February 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM

An increasingly common tenet of modern ideology is that the ends justify the means. If you need to do something bad to achieve something great, go for it.

I initially wrote “progressive” instead of “modern,” but I had to check myself. Lots of people are doing this, and it’s getting kind of scary.

TheUnrepentantGeek on February 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Not gunna watch. Can’t stomach either one of them. Don’t have a CLUE why a) he’s still got a show, and b) why anyone would have her as a guest. Is either one of them an autority on anything? I can see why she hates herself. I don’t see why he doesn’t despise himself, there certainly isn’t anything desirable about him. Putting these people on TV tells me it’s not just the newspapers who are going out of business, these rump stations will follow.

scalleywag on February 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Am I the only one who finds it intriguing that white liberals believe that thee have the right to define what beliefs are acceptable for an African-American to hold, and to define them as psychologically damaged if they fail to accept the views approved of by their self-anointed betters (AKA white liberals like Garofalo and Olbermann)?

RhymesWithRight on February 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Oh right. Maybe, like me mammy used to say, we should “kill ‘em with kindness”!

I will not submit.

ornery_independent on February 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Be careful, MadisonConservative and his “pal” Allah will hunt you down and talk nice to you…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Not watching the clip…you can’t make me…you lost me at Olby AND Garofolo

HawaiiLwyr on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Something tells me your not going to do well at reeducation camp with that attitude.

heshtesh on February 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Allahpundit on February 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I remember when Allah used to be cool . . .

Back in the day, Allahpundit was a hilarious site that I’m sure had the guys over at CAIR had their sheets in a knot over.

I can just imagine the fun the cool Allahpundit would have with B. Hussein Obama.

NoDonkey on February 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM

OT

Thought that Southerland had better taste.

I’m not sure about his taste, but Keister Sutherland is Canadian, btw. The “super-patriotic” American thing is just an act, and quite a good one at that. His grandaddy, btw, is Tommy Douglas, the man who apparently created the socialist healthcare system in Canada.

/OT