CPAC Interview: Paul Jacob

posted at 1:32 pm on February 27, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

One of the mostly-unsung heroes of grassroots conservatism is Paul Jacob. He has spent his life helping conservatives organize against the reach of government through grassroots movements, mostly through the initiative process where applicable. I talk to Paul about how that almost landed him in prison in Oklahoma for ten years, and how conservatives and libertarians need to push for change through local and state initiatives — and why that challenges the entrenched powers in the legislatures:

Paul’s organization is Citizens in Charge. People need to get organized to get initiative processes in all 50 states as a check on power, regardless of party affiliation.

Comments

Wow the screencap for this post looks a little big.

Greed on February 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Over-infalted ego?

Sorry, it was too easy…

j/k

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Taking the Whitehouse.gov approach to websites, I see.

kc8ukw on February 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Pic…too…big!!!

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

That looks like the shirt I wore in my grade 3 class picture (in ’75). My I recommend darker solids.

Caper29 on February 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Ed broke the internet again.

Limerick on February 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Can I use that as a screensaver? lol

califcon on February 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Dude’s looking at you like, “You made the screencap HOW big? WTF, mate?”

Abby Adams on February 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

This picture made Baby Jesus cry…

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM

The beautiful guest quotient has really dropped in recent posts :P

lorien1973 on February 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Ed, get a new shirt. It is 11:00 on the west coast and I still have time for you to get a new shirt and still get back with your excellent commentary.

If you don’t, the General and Hugh will know about this.

swatter on February 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Why can’t the giant blogbusting screencaps ever be of MKH or Megan Kelly?

innominatus on February 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Over-infalted ego?

Over inflated… geez, darn public skool(sic) spellin(sic)

Mark Garnett on February 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Adblock…add filter…presto, page looks right again!

MadisonConservative on February 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I love you man, but horizontal stripes?

TheSitRep on February 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I dunno, I guess it’s me but I just can’t get into CPAC mode. Members of think tanks and PACs and whatever else milling around talking about what we should do if only we had a couple more smart people to do it.

We need folks who have the courage to stand in front of the people of their communities and tell them the truth. Simple, really.

pugwriter on February 27, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Got a little morning CPAC roundup and track-back here, “From Bloggers’ Row at CPAC”:

Donald Douglas on February 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Geez, I hope you guys are just teasing about the shirt. My closet is “filled” with shirts like that.

hawkdriver on February 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM