CPAC Interview: John Ziegler

posted at 12:30 pm on February 27, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

John Ziegler visited Bloggers Row to discuss his new film, Media Malpractice, which met with enthusiastic acclaim at a screening last night. You know how shy and retiring John can be about his work, so it took me some doing to get him to open up about the film. John finally gets out of his shell in this 30-minute interview:

If that doesn’t whet the appetite for the DVD, nothing will. It’s outstanding.

Comments

make with the pretty women, who wants to see this guy.

ernesto on February 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Before I watch – did you ask about his dating life?

lorien1973 on February 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Meanwhile, Osama Obama is speaking to soldiers this morning, and promised — among countless other promises, all expensive — that he will establish a “civilian security force.”

Are we talking Tonton Macoutes, or what?

Much of what he has said made sense, but we must listen carefully…this phony child-president is the greatest liar and hypocrite ever elected CinC.

MrScribbler on February 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

““civilian security force.””

keep overreaching barry — 11/10 is right around the corner …

Buckaroo on February 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

“ernesto on February 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM”

heh — Ed has to give “balance” at cpac donchaknow …
:-)

Buckaroo on February 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Hitler relied heavily on his “civilian security force” to keep the people suppressed.

DL13 on February 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

re: Civilian security force

1) Guess he doesn’t know about the national guard…

2) This is #1 in:

and right up there with his comment about when he’d been president for 10 or 12 years..

Paul Murphy on February 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Looking like a great convention.

Fausta had a nice post on Ziegler as well …

Donald Douglas on February 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I’m sure I’ll like it. I had the rare experience in life to follow the election point-by-point. Just the clips tell me he picked some prime examples of media bias that, indeed, went far beyond the usual spin we’re accustomed to.

I definitely saw Palin being skewered. Now, one of my own irritations in life are those who always jump to the underdog. Sometimes, the underdog deserves to be the underdog.

So my own take on Palin is: We’ll see. She has to really smarten up in several ways to be a national player. She already, clearly, has charisma out the patootie. She’s good. She’s so good, she brought the wrath down on her. I was really good at one aspect of life and experienced the same thing in the corporate world in my past. So I got it right away what was happening.

But!….and it is a big, big question. The issue of judgment is important. The turkey interview was incredibly naive and uninformed. Always look to see what the camera is seeing behind you. That was like a bad utube joke.

And that was all on her.

So, we’ll see. I know she’s got a lot of solid commonsense, and I’m sure she’s a very competent governor. Is she destined for more?

We’ll see.

AnninCA on February 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Check the focus on the webcam Ed.

Great interview. I ordered the movie.

Ted Torgerson on February 27, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Great interview!!
Going to order the DVD,..maybe give a few as gifts.

christene on February 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Is it possible to download this interview, it runs for 20 minutes and then it crashes ?

the_nile on February 27, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I’ve ordered and can hardly wait until it gets here. Although I’m sure I’ll p*ss*d off after I watch it.

ProfessorMiao on February 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Ziegler used to be a radio show host here in Louisville before he moved out to L.A. and started doing these documentaries…

I sure miss listening to him! He was excellent and I really haven’t listened to that station since.

I’m looking forward to watching this documentary.

Nineball on February 27, 2009 at 4:34 PM