CNN poll of Republicans: Palin 29, Huckabee 26, Romney 21

posted at 3:33 pm on February 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

The margin of error’s 4.5 percent so in effect the result’s no different from their poll of Republicans and independents in December, which Huck won by two points. But here’s a twist: While Huckabee did better with Republican women three months ago, the tide has suddenly turned.

While the CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll doesn’t indicate a clear frontrunner, it does suggest there’s a gender gap among rank and file Republicans.

“Among GOP men, the same pattern emerges — no clear advantage for Palin, Huckabee or Romney. But among Republican women, it’s a different story. Palin has a 10-point edge among Republican women, winning 32 percent support among them to 22 percent for Huckabee and 20 percent for Romney,” adds Holland. “With the sampling error, that’s not enough to say for sure that Palin is in the lead, but it does indicate that if the primaries were held tomorrow, Palin would have a good chance of being the favorite among GOP women.”

Any theories as to why? Bristol’s been in the news lately, so maybe there’s some sort of identification with Palin as mother stemming from that? I’m stumped. Exit question: Think with me here for a minute. If The One gets the economy on track by 2011 and it looks like he’s waltzing towards reelection, wouldn’t Huckabee actually be a good pick for the nomination? Granted, he’s white, southern, and evangelical, none of which screams “big tent,” but he’s also charming, media savvy, good on race, and comfortable with middle-class economic messaging in a way that Romney, say, isn’t. In other words, he might help boost the party’s image, which isn’t a bad consolation prize in a year you’re destined to lose. Plus, getting crushed in 2012 means he’s an also-ran in 2016, when the GOP would have a real chance again. Second look at Huck as sacrificial lamb?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

…to win.

You-Eh-Vee on February 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Jindal?

PappaMac on February 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

To all the anyone but Sarah folks, will you shut up if she wins against Obama in a Reagan-like landslide and never show your faces again?

Never going to happen.

Ever.

You-Eh-Vee on February 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Newt would be a better sacrificial lamb in my estimation.

V15J on February 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

How much foriegn policy experience did Reagan, Clinto and Bush 43 have?

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Speedwagon82 on February 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM

So you’ll probably claim that Sarah Palin had an -out-of-body experience by wiping the floor in her debate with Joe Biden, a so-called foreign affairs expert and a resident of the Senate for 35 years.

You strain all credibility when you say that SP has no foreign policy experience.

And as defenders of Sarah which number in the millions we will not allow Sarah to be diminished, marginalized and ridiculed again by the MSM in 2012. We will be vigilant 24/7. Remember there are millions of us.

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM

If Sarah Palin is the nominee, I’m voting for Obama in 2012. She is not qualified to be president.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

How much foriegn policy experience did Reagan, Clinto and Bush 43 have?

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM

“Less” than Carter..

the_nile on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Never going to happen.

Ever.

You-Eh-Vee on February 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Funny, the most people used to say “Obama who?” Now look. Obahmba I:The reckoning.

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Yeah, it would be hard to vote for some one who won’t be paying your mortgage,gas,school,medical,car payments.

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I remember the late 1970s. Huge animosity against Reagan in a large portions of the RINO/Establisment part of the GOP. It went so far that many of them voted for the 3rd party candidacy of John Anderson as a protest vote against Reagan.

Reagan was ridiculed to no end as a lightweight, etc by the MSM and others. But Reagan had a very large and loyal following, just like Palin does today. And he won two landslide nationwide victories.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I think you voted for Obama in 2008, so what’s the big deal?

INC on February 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM

The best man for the job is a w.o.m.a.n: Palin 2012.

Captain America on February 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

My vote will cancel yours out. Obama still isn’t qualified to be President.

littleguy on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Oh, well, let’s just pack it in, then!

Put up some rationale or troll somewhere else.

Snowed In on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

In the debate with Biden Palin not only stood her ground well on foriegn policy but showed she could not only regurgitate but make thoughtful evaluations.

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Chicks dig Huck.

marklmail on February 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Not this chick. And I’m a social con and have Southern Baptist roots.

INC on February 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hackabee still whines about McCain, Palin, and Romney.

S.O.R.E. L.O.S.E.R.

Captain America on February 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Obama still isn’t qualified to be President.

littleguy on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Like Carter.

the_nile on February 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I think that essentially the economy will decide the next election, even if market forces are largely responsible as opposed to the ridiculous “stimulus” package. If we so slip into a further or even worse, a depression, (predicted by Dick Morris)Obama is finished. If the economy recovers, it would be an absolute waste for either Jindal or Palin to run. It would be the perfect time for a media whore like Huck to give it a shot.

V15J on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I think you voted for Obama in 2008, so what’s the big deal?

I stayed home – mostly because Palin was on the ticket. I know a lot of oher Republicans who did the same. Obama lost ruby-red Georgia by 4 only points. With Palin on the top of the ticket, he’ll win the state.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

To all the Palin haters out there

Fast forward 3 1/2 years…if she’s our nominee, are you gonna do what’s best for the nation and support her?

Or are ya gonna sulk, moan, stay home and give the Dems another victory?

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Thank You.

the_nile on February 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

This I frankly have a hard time believing. If R’s stayed home it was generally because they were mad at McCain.

I’ve seen some of your comments and I suspect you’re a moby.

INC on February 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Funny then, how Palin helped Saxby Chambliss won the GA Senate Seat in December by a much larger margin than predicted; after which Saxby himself credited his margin of victory primarily to Palin’s help.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

sexual racist.

If you didn’t even vote then you sure as hell do not need to be in a political blog.

upinak on February 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

please list all the major accomplishments from the great B. Hussein Obama. please, i am dying to see them. and then when you are done writing nothing, please, please, go kill yourself. i’ll admit i’m not a great intellect, but you are a waste of skin and brains.

Ghoul aid on February 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

So you did vote for Obama. Thanks for clearing that up.

PappaMac on February 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Or are ya gonna sulk, moan, stay home and give the Dems another victory?

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

They will sulk, moan, cry, whine and rant about how Palin is this and that… when they can’t even look at Obama who is taxing us into Oblivion.

upinak on February 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

“Atlanta Voter” is just another HuffPo troll. Go and read all his older posts, and you’ll understand why.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I’ve seen some of your comments and I suspect you’re a moby.

You think everyone’s who not hard-right is a moby. This generally seems to be the attitude of the Party. And it’s a recipe for certain failure.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I just think you are pathetic.

If you don’t vote, then I don’t think your voice should count.. especially on here.

upinak on February 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

My vote will cancel yours out. Obama still isn’t qualified to be President.

littleguy on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

same with my vote. SARAH 4 2012

julian on February 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Wow, as much as I like Palin and don’t like to see her disparaged, it’s a little refreshing to see a comments section on an article mentioning Romney where 85% of the posts aren’t Huck’s army bashing Romney.

Kataklysmic on February 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

So with Sarah’s last-minute presence in Georgia Chambliss is able to ocnvert a projected 4 point win over his opponent to a 15 point blowout.

Palin power lives. Chambliss is no longer flirting with RINO’s thanks to Sarah.

I would put Palin power up against the Messiah any day of the week in the state of Georgia.

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Must be jealous of Palin and hate your country.

jencab on February 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I stayed home

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

So you deserve every bad thing that happens to this country

I have more respect for someone that voted for Obama

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

The reason Obama is worse than Carter is that Carter was incompetent but he wasn’t a monster. Obama is, as a poster said on another thread, pure evil. Hopefully by 2012 enough people will see clearly enough to vote against him.

Rose on February 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Ok , Axelturf , who’s your soft center candidate?

the_nile on February 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

If Palin gets crushed in 2012 she’s done, doesn’t make sense for any young Republican to run that year. I suspect it will be Huckabee v. Romney for sacrificial lamb status. The GOP really shouldn’t do a thing but worry about congress until 2016. Quiet as it’s kept the GOP has a lot more viable candidates already for 2016, who is going to emerge on the Dem side? Hillary MAY run again (why not) she wouldn’t be the oldest person we’ve elected to a first term. Other than that there aren’t really any rising stars among the Dems.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

So the point is the liberals at CNN want Palin to be the GOP candidate? I’m not surprised one bit. They also pushed McCain hard. How’d that work out?

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Atlanta Voter is a poo-slinging troll… last week he was telling us how great Obama was and how we should rally behind him.

BPD on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

No, I didn’t say that. But saying you stayed home because of Palin is ludicrous. There were some die-hards who stayed home because they were angry with McCain (I bet they would take that back). If you disagreed that much with Palin you would have to be a “moderate” who still would have voted for McCain because he was the top of the ticket or else you would have voted Obama.

I see Norwegian concurs.

INC on February 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I can’t stand people who don’t vote on premise of I didn’t like them because of this or that. Freaking vote!

upinak on February 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Hogwash. Chambliss won because Obama wasn’t on the ballot so most of his supporters stayed home. It was low turnout, not Palin that won it for Chambliss.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

?? Did you even watch it? It was an embarrassment. She didn’t even try to answer some of the questions.

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Hedging your bets AllahPundit? The last time you made such a prediction it was 2010. The recovery date keeps slipping and slipping. Anyway, with Americans expecting Iraq to have it’s leader toppled and rebuilt in less than two years, how long do you think Americans will be okay with shovel ready jobs instead of Twitting at work with the DOW at 3,000 before the Nuke The One? I guess we’re ALL just hedging OUR bets. Good Luck in 2011. I’m vying for 2010.

Sultry Beauty on February 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

On the contrary CNN does not want Sarah to prevail. They hate her guts, especially Jack Cafferty. But their pollster cannot outright commit fraud either. Sarah is in the game, but her all supporters knew that.

Believe me, the Messiah does not want to meet Sarah in 2012. Remember how she figuratively carved Obama open in her convention speech, her debate with Biden and on the stump. Sarah is Obama’s worst nightmare.

The trolls will now be out in force.

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

CNN has Obama’s approval rating at 76%. That’s Reaganesque.

Atlanta Voter on February 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Like I said, “Atlanta Voter” is a HuffPo troll. Ignore.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Kataklysmic on February 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Ha. As I said in another post,

“Mike Huckabee is an opprotunist of the worst order. He is a hater. What he did to Romney is unforgivable. While I did not support Romney in the primaries Huckabee used his base to destroy a strong contender all the while smiling and waving. He did the same to Palin during the campaign. Expect him to start his rumor campaign on Jindal.

He is forever the little fat kid inside, picked last for team sports and carries a grudge happily. He wants you all to belive he is from Mayberry, but his political chops were formed in Hope Arkansas, the Chicago of the bible belt.

With friends like Hubackbee, who needs enemies.”

Brutus, thy name is HUCKABEE.

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Yeah, the debate also sealed the deal for me.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

@Atlanta Voter:

I’m still waiting for your rationale as to why Obama is more deserving of a vote than Palin.

Snowed In on February 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

That’s Reaganesque.

Atlanta Voter on February 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Is that a cologne? Where can I find Reganesque?

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I did. More than once. She took the old boy apart. Biden wanted to take everyone to Katie Couric’s restaurant, or some such thing.

littleguy on February 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Yes I watched it and considering Biden is supposed to be one of our “best” on foriegn policy (that is why Obama picked him) Palin did a great job.

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Because she’s not qualified to be president.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Atlanta voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I guess you didn’t hear Chambliss’ reaction after he won by a landslide. He credited Sarah’s last minute speech for mobilizing GOP voters.

Sure the vote was down, but it was down on both sides.

Many local pundits also claimed in the initial vote on November 4th voters wanted to punish Chambliss for becoming too cushy with the RINO’s. I think he got the message.

You cannot deny it till you’re blue in the face: Sarah Palin moves the needle as Chambliss said ‘like nobody I’ve ever seen’.

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Because she’s not qualified to be president.

Sigh…do I have to spell out what I am requesting? What makes Barack Obama qualified that Sarah Palin does not have? I want specifics. Heck, try to convince me. So far your answer boils down to “because.”

Snowed In on February 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Because she’s not qualified to be president.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Translation: I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?I know you are but what am I?

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

portlandon on February 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

+1. Annoying, ain’t it?

Snowed In on February 27, 2009 at 5:39 PM

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Oh, but you see, “Atlanta Voter/HuffPo Troll” knows more about winning Georgia elections than the state’s sitting Senator, and more about margins of victory than all the polling firms (who take turnout into consideration).

/sarc

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I’ve enjoyed HA and Michelle’s site for ever, and glad I finally got a chance to register here. But I have never had any inclination to even peruse places like Huffpo and DU.

Gotta kinda wonder what’s wrong with a trolls mind

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Gotta kinda wonder what’s wrong with a trolls mind

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Patchouli poisoning.

sulla on February 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM

That’s one helluva big if.

Disturb the Universe on February 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yeah, the debate also sealed the deal for me.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

awwww…..what’s the matter? you all upset that she went over gwen ifill’s pig head and talked about the sh-t that she wanted to talk about during the debate? f-ck gwen ifill….and more importantly dear Atlanta voter……F-CK YOU!

Ghoul aid on February 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM

We’re a little over a month into an administration that gives every sign of being even worse than Jimmah Carter’s. I think it’s a little early to assume this.

Disturb the Universe on February 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM

yogi41 on February 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM

The numbers game only matters in a few states, namely Ohio Pennsylvania and Florida, and then throw in Indiana and North Carolina and Iowa. Palin would have to flip all those and not lose any other McCain state to win.

The big problem I see is Pennsylvania and its 21 evs.

Which sort of raises the question – how useful are these general polls anyways when our election only comes down to a few states?

WisCon on February 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Because she’s not qualified to be president.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

And you’re not qualified to post here.

Disturb the Universe on February 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I can’t wait to hear Barry stumbling and fumbling and UHHHHHHHing during the debate, when Huck calls him out on his lies.

marklmail on February 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

If The One doesn’t get the economy on track by 2011 and it looks like he’s not waltzing towards reelection, wouldn’t Romney, with his business savvy, actually be a good pick for the nomination?

Disturb the Universe on February 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM

marklmail on February 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

when Sarah calls him out on his lies.

Fixed it for ya….smiles

husker3000 on February 27, 2009 at 6:01 PM

The big problem I see is Pennsylvania and its 21 evs.

WisCon on February 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Well, PA wouldn’t matter as much. If she wins NM, MT, CO, NV (as Bush did in 2004), and which she is in a good position to given her western roots, she also just needs to win back VA, IN, OH and FL. PA would not matter all then. Bush won without PA in both 2000 and 2004.

Also remember that it is projected the Red states will pick up 8-12 electoral votes from 2010 census. So she might would be fine without NM, maybe even MT.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 6:01 PM

CNN is skewing the poll to make it look like Huckabee is competitive. He isn’t. Palin can win outside the south and Huckabee cannot. Simple as that.

This poll was done with a sample size of 400-something voters with a MOE of 4.5%. Hardly a reliable poll. Show me a poll conducted by Rasmussen or Zogby and then we’ll talk.

doug1981 on February 27, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Not a Huck fan. I will never vote for him under any circumstances.

Like Palin, but hope she’ll wait a cycle or two, watch and learn, build a national network, and then run (2016, 2020).

Romney: liked in 2008, think he’d make a good president, but can’t say I expect or want to see him run again. As long as Huckabee’s cancerous fatwa against Romney exists – and there’s no sign of it abating – it wouldn’t be a good idea.

I’m not ready to fight the battle for 2012. There’s too much to do to combat Teleprompter Buddha and his sidekick Bumblemore in 2009.

sulla on February 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Are you going to pay my F******* taxes then

KBird on February 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM

CO, NV, NM,

Even though Dems just flipped these states on a Presidential level the wins in these states for Obama were overwhelming, plus 10% in NV, NM and nearly that in CO. The wins in FL and OH were alot closer and Republicans are still doing well in the state legislature in both states, they have been nearly entirely marginalized in NV, CO and NM. Without those states Republicans don’t win the Presidency for a while.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM

a 10 point spread is hardly a gender gap

Conservative Voice on February 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM

But isn’t that evidence that those states are changing demographically and,therefore, are not secure red states anymore. N.C. and VA are examples of this.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Obama barely won NC, I think he won by a point and a half. It will go red again next time.

doug1981 on February 27, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I like Sarah Palin- but I have to say that she has been given the Dan Quayle treatment in the press and she doesn’t stand a chance in 2012. Let’s check back with her in about 12 years and see if she has been able to gain some gravitas.

I think there is going to be something of a revolution in our party that is going to make the central focus individual liberty rather than social morality. I know that statement is going to rub a lot of folks the wrong way. It is not what I personally advocate; it’s just a gut feeling. Due to the disastrous overreach of obami and the democrats, many young voters are going to be disillusioned and will naturally turn to our party. However most will want to dispense with legislating morals. The one theme that everything will coalesce behind is the rights of the individual and private property. It will be a thorough rejection of utopian socialism. There is a reason that Atlas Shrugged is selling like hotcakes. Our new leader has not emerged.

shannonkelly on February 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Mitt rocked at CPAC today. Romney 2012!!

JA on February 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Quick all of you people who believe that CNN would do an honest poll raise your hands. Come on now don’t be shy I want to be able to find you and give you your signs.

Jdripper on February 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM

shannonkelly on February 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM

WisCon on February 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I live in Ga. and can tell all of you that whenever Sarah spoke there was a line of people that went for BLOCKS to get in the event. Chambliss said that he had never seen anything like it in his political career. Also, anyone who watched the debate between Biden and Palin knows who won. Biden made so many factual mistakes that it was embarrassing to him and Obama foe picking the idiot in the first place. Now this mental midget is overseeing the stimulus package! Any of you who think that 2012 is a lose only proposition need to change parties. We, conservative patriots, don’t want you f***ing vote.

inspectorudy on February 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM

God Bless you Ghoul aid!!!

Anyway, I’m just wondering where is all the support for Huck comes from? Huckabee has nowhere near the grassroots support network that Palin has. A network that is growing everyday. Not a phony movement like the cult of Obama and its media tenticles. No, a movement that just sprang out of the last election and the discontent with the Government and the parties in their current state. Governor Palin believes in the Constitution, and uses it to guide her Governing principles. I think that will be the attribute that will get her elected President one day, if she chooses to run..

Libertah on February 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM

We, conservative patriots, don’t want you f***ing vote.

inspectorudy on February 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM

He’s just kidding.

WisCon on February 27, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Obama had a huge turnout and McCain did not. There is no way Obama will match that turnout next time and Palin will draw out much more than McCain did. It’s all about the swing voters, of which Palin is slowly rebuilding her image with.

Demos are what I worry about. The GOP must do a better job of getting the message out and convincing just enough of the varying demos to come in their corner. I also worry about the EC and the census, Obama is already trying to manipulate that.

davek70 on February 27, 2009 at 6:25 PM

shannonkelly on February 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Shannon, you might not know this but Sarah Palin is a libertarian. That it was not revealed or hidden to the masses was a product of the McCain campaign and the MSM template of wanting to portray SP as a reiigious wacko. Sarah smoked pot when it was legal in Alaska, is a strong supporter of individual liberty and independence, believes in the use of contraception to prevent pregnancy and believes in the teaching of evolution in public schools.

As for Quayle, Sarah’s speech at the convention was compared by many pundits to Reagan’s speech that he gave in 1980. That certainly is NOT Quayle-like. Secondly, when was the last time a losing VP candidate got this much attention 3 and 1/2 months after losing. That definitely is not Quayle-like.

Since you bring up Atlas Shrugged, Sarah Palin reminds me of the Dagny Taggart: her overall competence and moxie, her unconquerable will to succeed and her stubborn desire to do what is right and ethical.

technopeasant on February 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Just curious, what does smoking pot have to do with being a libertarian? Somehow, I don’t see Ron Paul smoking pot (bad example?). Also, I think Sarah has a little more morals than that, and does not solely have the position of teaching evolution or using contraception. The key is she just does not govern by only her social beliefs nor pushes them on others.

davek70 on February 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Second look at Huck as sacrificial lamb?

Poetic Justice?

heshtesh on February 27, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Even though Dems just flipped these states on a

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I live in CO, and it can easily flip back to Republicans. Voter registration is about equal and early polls for the 2010 senate seat shows a tie or GOP ahead. The reason for the loss was just a lot of animosity towards McCain in all the states you mentioned. Romney won the Colorado primary with 60%+. McCain was a distant third or fourth. Same with the other states you mentioned.

Palin is also very popular here. She crushed Obama’s crowds at every apperance. In GJ, her crowds were twice that of Obamas. But in the end, dislike of McCain among the GOP faithful ruled the day.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Yes, I remember Saxby Chmabliss conplaining about Sarah Palin a few months back when his 3% pre-Palin lead ballooned into a 14% blowout the day after she barnstormed the state for him.

You’re real astute Atlanta Voter, realizing how Palin is a turn-off to Georgians.

bw222 on February 27, 2009 at 6:44 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on February 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Actually, the states which will gain a majority of the new seats are Utah, Idaho and Texas. All reliable red states.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 6:44 PM

How’d the contraception thing work out? Is Bristol still an unwed mother?

capitulus on February 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Sven on February 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

popularpeoplesfront on February 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM

She was just gettin’ mavericky with the mean lady who was usin’ all them big fancy words.

benny shakar on February 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Since you bring up Atlas Shrugged, Sarah Palin reminds me of the Dagny Taggart

Agreed, I thought the same many times.

Btw, have you noticed that Rush is all about Ayn Rand and Atlas Shrugged lately? He has a direct link to the Amazon page for Atlas Shrugged on hiw website, mentions it often on his show.

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

General elections and Runoff elections are different creatures. Apples and Oranges.

Atlanta Voter on February 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Hm, so the pathetic Troll-Trio of Bunny Shaker, Crapitulus and Atlanta “Obama is Reaganesque” Voter perform synchronized postings at Hot Air.

LMAO

Norwegian on February 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I say let all of them run and we will see who runs the better campaign!

terryannonline on February 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM

LMAO

Ignore them. They are just bitter.

terryannonline on February 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM